Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.
Here's to dying thin! :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poor and weird
Jun 30, 2007
I actually really don't like this arc and have been wanting Onstad to just wrap it up already. For some reason it gets under my skin a lot worse than most horror movies I've seen.

Rustmouth Chafings
Dec 11, 2008

OBAMA ACKBAR posted:

For some reason it gets under my skin a lot worse than most horror movies I've seen.

Because you care about the character in peril?

Also, whatever happened to "he got southern ways and would never Take you after that high gesture"? Figured that would apply to T as well as Ray.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

T didn't save Nice Pete's life.

reach42
May 20, 2008

Satan is my lord
Bribe officials and kill goats
Hail Satan, Go Hawks

Happy Hippo posted:

T didn't save Nice Pete's life.

well he kinda did, he didn't follow Ray's suggestion of killing him after the dicer stabbed him.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

Dove from Above posted:

I just lost a bunch of weight with a horrible chest infection! Since I got back to work people have kept complimenting me. Feeling like poo poo will do it every time!

I lost about 15 pounds on the Pneumonia system last year. Didn't need to exercise! Didn't even need to move!:cool:

Rustmouth Chafings
Dec 11, 2008

reach42 posted:

well he kinda did, he didn't follow Ray's suggestion of killing him after the dicer stabbed him.

Exactly, I figured Beef, Ray and T all achieved "don't get killed by pete" status with their act of mercy.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
Well he hasn't killed him yet. Maybe he really does intend to just beat him within an inch of his life for some mysterious Pete-brain reason and then let him go. In which case I hope he hasn't hosed that up with his "vocabulary test" gambit.

Mr.Roboto
May 12, 2007
Yes yes, you're welcome damnit.
T earned murder immunity, Darren didn't.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I went and read that story arc (edit: T spares Pete near the end of Mister Band), and now I want some moussaka. All with that sauce.

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Jun 26, 2010

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

I just remember it as Ray sparing him but its been a while. Now that you mention it T was in that room too.

Mithridate
Oct 23, 2004

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose.
The part of New Jesus in Pete's bible fan-fiction is based on Ray, not Teodor. That tells you all you need to know I think.

Locus
Feb 28, 2004

But you were dead a thousand times. Hopeless encounters successfully won.
Yeah, Teodor may have been viewed more as a bystander, who got a one-time reprieve in that instance.

choobs
Mar 25, 2004
Never bring a duck to a cock fight.
It seems like all the longest pauses in this story arc are happening at the most dramatic/terrifying moments. OH GAWD WHAT HAPPENS TO TEODOR???

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

choobs posted:

It seems like all the longest pauses in this story arc are happening at the most dramatic/terrifying moments. OH GAWD WHAT HAPPENS TO TEODOR???

I like to think Onstad is agonising over this as much as we are. SO MANY DRAFTS. IT MUST BE JUST RIGHT.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
I'm hoping Nice Pete and Lyle will hang out one day. Drinkin Island won't ever see it coming.

poor and weird
Jun 30, 2007

SeanBeansShako posted:

I'm hoping Nice Pete and Lyle will hang out one day. Drinkin Island won't ever see it coming.

it didn't go well.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

poor and weird posted:

it didn't go well.

Haha, I totally forgot about Petes band.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I just realized that Vlad's flowchart starts with the rules of robotics.

ProfZoom
Mar 22, 2005

This is our last dance!

Mr.Roboto posted:

T earned murder immunity, Darren didn't.

I can totally see Nice Pete using this logic. This horrible, terrifying logic.

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
What strip did Ray dream about getting triabetes?

VVVV I tried that. No results.

Punch McLightning fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Jun 27, 2010

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

Rodney the Piper posted:

http://www.ohnorobot.com/index.pl?comic=636&s=triabetes&search=Find

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

ProfZoom posted:

I can totally see Nice Pete using this logic. This horrible, terrifying logic.

But not Andy though. He's a good kid.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Rodney the Piper posted:

VVVV I tried that. No results.

It's in the Achewood Assetbar/Fanflow thing, it's from a written journal entry type thing from Ray on Oct 7th 2009. I can't recommend the Assetbar thing enough, some of the essays are fantastic.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Who are some minor characters that you guys want to see again?

• Circus Penis.

Catfish Noodlin posted:

It's in the Achewood Assetbar/Fanflow thing, it's from a written journal entry type thing from Ray on Oct 7th 2009. I can't recommend the Assetbar thing enough, some of the essays are fantastic.

I just paid for 3 months of assetbar just so I could go back and look at Ray and Lyle's purity tests.

Dodgeball
Sep 24, 2003

Oh no! Dodgeball is really scary!
:siren:Holy poo poo:siren:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
nice pete is so good at murder that even when he is busy driving a car, his subconscious explores Options.

Or maybe it's his conscious self that thinks like that, while his subconscious handles the small stuff, like life. A sobering thought.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The alt text makes it make a horrible kind of sense, oh God :gonk:

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Aww, Onstad, we've never seen Nice Pete smile. :3:

OH GOD MAKE HIM STOP SMILING :gonk:

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
That's a fascinating new art style.

Nice Pete just gained a few more places on the 'things to be terrified of' scale.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Nice Pete is obviously the devil in catman form.

Loving the new art style Onstad.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Deathlove posted:

Aww, Onstad, we've never seen Nice Pete smile. :3:

OH GOD MAKE HIM STOP SMILING :gonk:

We saw him smile early when the old man asked if he could touch his drawing and give him a handy. That was also disturbing.

picosecond
Dec 9, 2006

one millionth of one millionth of a second
I can't ever remember being as creeped out by a comics character as I am by Nice Pete right now. Good job, Mr. Onstad.
:golfclap:

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

A combination of smiling Pete, enraged Pete and chillingly neutral Pete would be the most terrible facial expression ever.

poor and weird
Jun 30, 2007
"Unhinged Narrator"

Most of this might not actually be happening.

Quebec Bagnet
Apr 28, 2009

mess with the honk
you get the bonk
Lipstick Apathy

poor and weird posted:

"Unhinged Narrator"

Most of this might not actually be happening.

But the question is...who is the Unhinged Narrator? All we've seen so far is logically possible in the Achewood universe.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.
I'd say Teodor is dreaming.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
God, I am just now realizing that the "LB" that Beef mentions in the editor's notes on the Phillipe Times is Lie Bot.

poor and weird
Jun 30, 2007

niteice posted:

But the question is...who is the Unhinged Narrator? All we've seen so far is logically possible in the Achewood universe.

Onstad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

I'd say Teodor is dreaming.

Smacked his head hard slamming down his double glazed reinforced bedroom window, leaking pink goo from a head wound all over his pillow.