Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Why did you say that the Iron Sheik was from Iran then? Because sometimes he was billed from Baghdad?

No, because savinhill said, mistakenly, that Sheik got over as an Iranian without being Iranian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...
Informal Poll: Was Jericho's best material during his heel run in WCW? He called Stephanie McMahon a gigantic whore in the Attitude Era, apparently did a whole lot of nothing from '02-'05 and at the peak of his current heel run, has been incredibly entertaining in a much different way. It's just, I notice that when people talk about how awesome Jericho is, they usually say ARMBAR or talk about conspiracies or quote anything else he said in that one year on the TV shows of a long-dead wrestling company.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
Does anyone know if there are DVDs of the Von Erichs Texas wrestling program that was on TV in the 80's?

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy

Kerck Pnameless posted:

He called Stephanie McMahon a gigantic whore in the Attitude Era

That's "Filthy, dirty, disgusting, bottom feeding trash bag ho", mister :colbert:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

savinhill posted:

Does anyone know if there are DVDs of the Von Erichs Texas wrestling program that was on TV in the 80's?

There aren't any of specific shows, but WWE put out a World Class DVD a couple years back.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Kerck Pnameless posted:

Informal Poll: Was Jericho's best material during his heel run in WCW? He called Stephanie McMahon a gigantic whore in the Attitude Era, apparently did a whole lot of nothing from '02-'05 and at the peak of his current heel run, has been incredibly entertaining in a much different way. It's just, I notice that when people talk about how awesome Jericho is, they usually say ARMBAR or talk about conspiracies or quote anything else he said in that one year on the TV shows of a long-dead wrestling company.
It was probably his best comedic material.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Top-Knot Jericho is the best Jericho. Forever and always.

Lloyd Van Buren
Feb 19, 2010

FESTIVE PEOPLE!

maniacripper posted:

Top-Knot Jericho is the best Jericho. Forever and always.

Top-Knot and Ralphus combo is best Jericho

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Kerck Pnameless posted:

I'd agree with Jericho himself when I say that his current stuff is the best work of his career. The character hasn't been as amazing as it was during the HBK feud but it's still excellent.

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009
Whatever happened to that jacked WWE security dude with the pony-tail? Is he still with the company?

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

MrMondayNight posted:

Top-Knot and Ralphus combo is best Jericho

Needs a little Jericholic Ninja to round things out.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Curtis of Nigeria posted:

Whatever happened to that jacked WWE security dude with the pony-tail? Is he still with the company?

Andrew Martin died, unfortunately.

A Dapper Man
Apr 7, 2007

Sometimes, I just like to kick it freestyle.

Curtis of Nigeria posted:

All I can find online is that his name is Jim Dotson and he may have screwed himself up with steroids. Other than that, I can't find his name in anything other than really old Raw re-caps.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
WCW Jericho was all Jericho's doing. He went out there and did things that he hoped would get him over (1004 holds, Conspiracy Victim, getting his dad in).

I felt his feud with Stephanie had good parts, but got old and sexist. His modern heelwork is awesome.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

savinhill posted:

I just started watching TNA at the beginning of this year and Richards nor Raven have been on TV in that time.

lol they all look so disgusted. "the bingo hall was one thing but... this..."

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Stevie is fighting the tears... :ohdear:

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

frankenfreak posted:

Stevie is fighting the tears... :ohdear:
Tommy looks like he just sat in something gross.
And Raven's mascara is running from his uncontrollable weeping.

Minges
May 4, 2006
'Cause everybody hates a tourist

Save Russian Jews posted:

That's "Filthy, dirty, disgusting, bottom feeding trash bag ho", mister :colbert:

There was a "brutal" in there somewhere, too. That was always the funniest part to me for some reason.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
It was before bottom feeding

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Still not quite as funny as The Rock's 'Hoodrat trick you call a wife'

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Supreme Allah posted:

Still not quite as funny as The Rock's 'Hoodrat trick you call a wife'

I always liked his "five-dollar-- no. Two-dollar-- no. Fifty-cent-- no. Does anybody have change for a nickel?" line.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

A Dapper Man posted:

All I can find online is that his name is Jim Dotson and he may have screwed himself up with steroids. Other than that, I can't find his name in anything other than really old Raw re-caps.

That was his name, he was always at ringside during Raw. A Google search says he became an actor and was in a Stargate episode.

Salt In The Wound
Oct 25, 2005

Hand Jobber Extraordinare
What exactly does a "Producer" do in Wrestling? For example, I keep hearing that if someone else takes over head booking for TNA that Vince Russo would stay on having a role as Producer or Executive Producer. Maybe my mind has become clouded by years of general managers, commissioners, consortiums, and good will ambassadors to begin to understand the functions of the actual backstage roles.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Salt In The Wound posted:

What exactly does a "Producer" do in Wrestling? For example, I keep hearing that if someone else takes over head booking for TNA that Vince Russo would stay on having a role as Producer or Executive Producer. Maybe my mind has become clouded by years of general managers, commissioners, consortiums, and good will ambassadors to begin to understand the functions of the actual backstage roles.

"Producer" is a fancy way to say "road agent" in WWE. Guys like Arn and Steamboat and Finlay help plan out matches with the Talent.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?

Neodoomium posted:

"Producer" is a fancy way to say "road agent" in WWE. Guys like Arn and Steamboat and Finlay help plan out matches with the Talent.

When you look at all the agents WWE has, its a pretty impressive list:

Arn Anderson
Dean Malenko
Ricky Steamboat
IRS
Finlay

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010
What is Vickie's kayfabe role on Smackdown?I've never heard of her being referred to as a manager and Teddy is the GM,so I was wondering why she's there.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?

savinhill posted:

What is Vickie's kayfabe role on Smackdown?I've never heard of her being referred to as a manager and Teddy is the GM,so I was wondering why she's there.

Official consultant to the GM of Smackdown.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

DMPunk posted:

When you look at all the agents WWE has, its a pretty impressive list:

Arn Anderson
Dean Malenko
Ricky Steamboat
IRS
Finlay

Also Jamie Noble. Sometimes when I'm watching a WWE match, I'll see a move or series of moves and can figure out what agent put the match together. The Mysterio/Ziggler matches, for example, seemed put together by Mysterio's old nemesis, Dean Malenko, and had spots similar to what Dean and Mysterio pulled off in WCW.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Jay 2K Winger posted:

I always liked his "five-dollar-- no. Two-dollar-- no. Fifty-cent-- no. Does anybody have change for a nickel?" line.
Not to drag out the whole "Cena wishes he was the Rock" thing, but this highlights one of the big differences between them. People remember specific Rock promos. Whereas Cena just has a generic "Cena Promo" that gets applied to whoever he's working with at the time. The only ones that stand out are the ones that are exceptionally juvenile/stupid ("fart juice," "Y2-cheap," etc.). Meanwhile I can fondly recall a ton of Rock stuff.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"
Speaking of the Rock -- did I completely hallucinate the fact that he was supposed to guest-host Raw at some point?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Edwardian posted:

Speaking of the Rock -- did I completely hallucinate the fact that he was supposed to guest-host Raw at some point?

He teased it before a Wrestlemania. Then he vanished again.

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Edwardian posted:

he was supposed to GH on june 12th. he changed his mind.

Nibble
Dec 28, 2003

if we don't, remember me

Minidust posted:

Not to drag out the whole "Cena wishes he was the Rock" thing, but this highlights one of the big differences between them. People remember specific Rock promos. Whereas Cena just has a generic "Cena Promo" that gets applied to whoever he's working with at the time. The only ones that stand out are the ones that are exceptionally juvenile/stupid ("fart juice," "Y2-cheap," etc.). Meanwhile I can fondly recall a ton of Rock stuff.

JBL IS POOPY was a classic.

For a related question, what happened with the Cryme Tyme + Cena thing? They got together for one or two weeks then it seemed to be dropped and never spoken of again. I don't recall that being around the time CT got let go, though that could certainly explain it.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Nibble posted:

For a related question, what happened with the Cryme Tyme + Cena thing? They got together for one or two weeks then it seemed to be dropped and never spoken of again. I don't recall that being around the time CT got let go, though that could certainly explain it.

It's just added to the list of temporary alliances/love interests/angles.

Kane/K2/Orton
Cena/Mickey
Miz/Jericho

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Hockles posted:

It's just added to the list of temporary alliances/love interests/angles.

Kane/K2/Orton
Cena/Mickey
Miz/Jericho

Actually I think Cryme Tyme and Cena teamed up because Pricele$$ was helping JBL. So it was a Cryme Tyme/Pricele$$ feud at the same time.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt
Dec 25, 2003

Minidust posted:

Come on now, you're acting like a freakin ham sandwich!!!

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

KungFu Grip posted:

Actually I think Cryme Tyme and Cena teamed up because Pricele$$ was helping JBL. So it was a Cryme Tyme/Pricele$$ feud at the same time.

CTC was a great idea for a stable and was immediately dashed

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Matlock posted:

CTC was a great idea for a stable and was immediately dashed

Didn't Cena get hurt or something? Or there was a trade?

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Didn't Cena get hurt or something? Or there was a trade?

nope. Once Punk's reign ended, the stable died.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Graic
Feb 2, 2008

Fella Man

ADRIEN GRODYS FIFE posted:

nope. Once Punk's reign ended, the stable died.

Punk's reign ended 3 weeks after Cena got hurt. The stable ended because Cena got hurt.