Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

chesh posted:

If only getting any sort of social service assistance was as simple as these people make it out to be. A friend of mine recently lost his job and I was kind of mortified to learn that he can't get unemployment for 5 to 8 weeks after his termination.

Yeah the myth of the welfare queen is one of the most perturbing ones in the Conservative mythology. None of them have ever seen one but they totally exist you guys!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yeah the myth of the welfare queen is one of the most perturbing ones in the Conservative mythology. None of them have ever seen one but they totally exist you guys!!!

Conservation of memes. I ran across someone in around 2005 going through the litany of how the poor in the US weren't really poor. I stopped him when he said colour TVs and forced him to admit he was just spouting off verbatim a conservative line that was 25 years old. It would be less embarrassing losing politically to conservatives if they ever updated their rhetoric.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

RagnarokAngel posted:

Part of it is because there are people who do abuse the system and what happens is people see them receiving thousands of dollars in checks they feel they shouldn't be getting and then think that all of a sudden they're cashing thousand dollar checks every other day or something. People getting 5 thousand dollars a year they probably shouldn't be getting DOES suck, but that's not a lot money to really do anything with in the long run.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Subject: Can you believe this?

The angel of he Lord encamps around those who fear Him and He delivers them.
The righteous cry out and the Lord hears them; He delivers them from all their troubles.
Ps. 34: 7 and 17

THIS HAS GOT TO BE THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS STATEMENT EVER MADE BY A PUBLIC OFFICIAL, LET ALONE BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES. AND THIS GUY IS OUR "COMMANDER IN CHIEF".

HERE IS HIS RESPONSE WHEN HE BACKED OFF FROM HIS DECISION
TO REQUIRE THE MILITARY PAY FOR THEIR WAR INJURIES.

Bad press, including major mockery of the plan by comedian Jon
Stewart, led to President Obama abandoning his proposal to require
veterans carry private health insurance to cover the estimated $540
million annual cost to the federal government of treatment for injuries
to military personnel received during their tours on active duty. The
President admitted that he was puzzled by the magnitude of the
opposition to his proposal.

"Look, it's an all volunteer force," Obama complained.

"Nobodymade these guys go to war.

They had to have known and accepted the risks.
Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice? It
doesn't compute.." "I thought these were people who were proud to
sacrifice for their country, "Obama continued. "I wasn't asking for
blood, just money. With the country facing the worst financial crisis in its
history, I'd have thought that the patriotic thing to do would be to try to help
reduce the nation's deficit. I guess I underestimated the
selfishness of some of my fellow Americans."

Please pass this on to every vet and their
families whom you know.

REMEMBER THIS STATEMENT... "Nobody made these guys go to war. They had to have known and accepted the risks. Now they whine about bearing the costs of their choice?"

If this jerk thinks he will ever get another vote from anyone who is or has been

associated with the military service he's nuts.. If you or a family member

is serving or has served their country, please send this to them.

I'm guessing that everyone, other than the 20-25 percent hardcore liberals

in the US , will agree that this is another example of why Obama is the worst
president in American history. Remind everyone over-and-over how this
man thinks, while he bows to the Saudi Arabian king.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/veteranshealth.asp

tl;dr version: conservative reads another conservatives satire and thinks its God's honest truth. Fires up the old internets to send me an email. I do not know when some one injected the psalm into the chain but it adds a touch of class to the whole thing.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

BonoMan posted:

Part of it is because there are people who do abuse the system and what happens is people see them receiving thousands of dollars in checks they feel they shouldn't be getting and then think that all of a sudden they're cashing thousand dollar checks every other day or something. People getting 5 thousand dollars a year they probably shouldn't be getting DOES suck, but that's not a lot money to really do anything with in the long run.

Oh yeah I didn't mean to imply it literally never happens. I mean I know someone for example I don't think should be getting checks because due to a loophole he gets more than I ever do at a part time job. He lives with his parents and doesn't pay rent and never even tries to find a job for 2 years because he keeps getting free money so he kinda personifies the stereotype of what conservatives fear (except that he's white).

That said I don't get angry about MY TAX DOLLARS because it's a really minor amount in the scheme of other bullshit the government spends it on and it's not the norm. You don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Dameius posted:

:words:
A link? CNN video? Not even Fox News video? No? Huh. Well this is believable!

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

There's only one person who I receive these e-mails from and I've noticed a trend among all of them. They seem to adopt one of three attitudes - frothing at the mouth angry, smugly pointing out the extreme right wing (white race) superiority, or this last one, which I really enjoy the most, where they adopt this 'scientific grandpa' personality. The "Well if you want your country to go to hell, I guess that's your business........" type. Anyway:

quote:

In God We Trust

Born 1776, Died 2008
It doesn't hurt to read this several times.

Click here for the full 637x389 image.

Professor Joseph Olson of Hamline University School of Law in St. Paul, Minnesota, points out some interesting facts concerning last November's Presidential election:

Number of States won by: Obama: 19 McCain: 29
Square miles of land won by: Obama: 580,000 McCain: 2,427,000
Population of counties won by: Obama: 127 million McCain: 143 million
Murder rate per 100,000 residents in counties won by: Obama: 13.2 McCain: 2.1
Professor Olson adds: "In aggregate, the map of the territory McCain won was mostly the land owned by the taxpaying citizens of the country. Obama territory mostly encompassed those citizens living in low income tenements and living off various forms of government welfare..."

Olson believes the United States is now somewhere between the "complacency and apathy" phase of Professor Tyler's definition of democracy, with some forty percent of the nation's population already having reached the "governmental dependency" phase.

If Congress grants amnesty and citizenship to twenty million criminal invaders called illegals - and they vote - then we can say goodbye to the USA in fewer than five years.

If you are in favor of this, then by all means, delete this message.

If you are not, then pass this along to help everyone realize just how much is at stake, knowing that apathy is the greatest danger to our freedom.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Sir Plus posted:

There's only one person who I receive these e-mails from and I've noticed a trend among all of them. They seem to adopt one of three attitudes - frothing at the mouth angry, smugly pointing out the extreme right wing (white race) superiority, or this last one, which I really enjoy the most, where they adopt this 'scientific grandpa' personality. The "Well if you want your country to go to hell, I guess that's your business........" type. Anyway:

I find it interesting when they cite a real person as the author who can easily be checked out. The Hamline professor has disavowed this, plus the email actually uses election numbers from the 2004 presidential election with "Obama" and "McCain" obviously cut/pasted in.

Even though they wouldn't care, if someone sent me this poo poo, I'd reply all with the 2004 and 2008 election data complete with links and make fun of them for recycling a several year old email and being too lazy to even put in new data (although the 2008 data is bad enough for Republicans in terms of states and everything else that it totally doesn't fit the rest of the content).

Also, how do the wingnut false attributers pick the person they want to say wrote the email? Just go to a list of university websites and pick someone from the history or polisci department and stick their name there? What the hell is the thought process there? Obviously they know their primary audience will "believe" the content (especially if the email is bolstered by pics of Obama looking smug) and never check it out, so they're safe there.

Sir Plus
Jan 16, 2008

Ain't easy looking this eggstraordinary.

Zwabu posted:

I find it interesting when they cite a real person as the author who can easily be checked out. The Hamline professor has disavowed this, plus the email actually uses election numbers from the 2004 presidential election with "Obama" and "McCain" obviously cut/pasted in.

Even though they wouldn't care, if someone sent me this poo poo, I'd reply all with the 2004 and 2008 election data complete with links and make fun of them for recycling a several year old email and being too lazy to even put in new data (although the 2008 data is bad enough for Republicans in terms of states and everything else that it totally doesn't fit the rest of the content).

Also, how do the wingnut false attributers pick the person they want to say wrote the email? Just go to a list of university websites and pick someone from the history or polisci department and stick their name there? What the hell is the thought process there? Obviously they know their primary audience will "believe" the content (especially if the email is bolstered by pics of Obama looking smug) and never check it out, so they're safe there.

I always think about responding to the e-mails but then I worry that I'll be taken out of their address book and won't receive any more hilarious chain letters.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

Zwabu posted:

That, and apparently the US only has 48 states.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Isn't that the one that was copy/pasted from 2000 anyway?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Arglebargle III posted:

Possibly. But it's clearly not from 2008.

Commodore 64
Apr 2, 2007

The sky was the color of a television tuned to a dead channel that was orange

Arglebargle III posted:

It is. The one I got from my Dad (by way of my uncles idiot girlfriend) was the same email, but with Gore, Kerry and Obama all in the same email.

They stopped sending me their right wing email craziness after I pointed that out. :(

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Here's the Snopes for the original email, and yes it is from 2000.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/ballot/athenian.asp

MOLLUSC
Nov 30, 2005

Why does it matter who won more uninhabited land anyway? Obama won the electoral college and popular vote so there is literally no argument to be had there.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

MOLLUSC posted:

Why does it matter who won more uninhabited land anyway? Obama won the electoral college and popular vote so there is literally no argument to be had there.

Yeah, but don't you see, they were all welfare queens and murderers! Not hardworking landowners like our founding fathers intended.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

It means we can no longer trust the people to vote anymore. I vote we go for a totalitarian dictatorship.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Recently got this:

quote:

AND THANK YOU TO EVERYONE ELSE WHO TAKES TIME TO VIEW THIS.
May we see peace in our time. Amen.

Every Jewish person on the planet should watch this....

(actually, every PERSON on the planet should watch this)

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=ZprVPKi-W6s

Watch a bit of that video.

I'm not even :jewish: anymore, and I really, strongly disagree with the link, and can't stand Israel for personal reasons. One of my best friends is a Syrian national, for crying out loud. Stop sending me Zionist propaganda!

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
I hope Robert Dougan sues the maker of that video.

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Oh hey, an e-mail from mom. Oh sh

quote:

okay, i really don't care what political party you "lean toward" and/or how YOU feel the situation described in the YOUTUBE vid coming up.....
I am from NYC (sorta), but more than anything.... ANYTHING, i have been terrified by just this kinda thing since about 1972 when i'd been introduced by my (at the time) boyfriend to one of HIS friends with whom he'd gone to medical school, gone through residency (in India) and then suddenly met up him again in America where they were both repeating their residency (due to a coupla american laws and the ECFMG test which ferriners MUST take in order to be able to call themselves doctors...EVEN if they're american citizens who went to medical school in another country than america because for some reason they couldn't get into an american med school.
ANYWAY (i digress, sorry); anyway, one night this guy came to dinner at our tiny apartment in new britain, CT and he'd brought his koran with him (sorry, i REFUSE to use the arabic word for that book) WAIT!! i am NOT sorry.
anyways, after dinner, being jewish and knowing muslims follow the same dietary laws as jews: no pork, no shellfish, only certain cuts of beef, like no tenderloin, etc....i'd made a simple vegetarian indian dish (my boyfriend was/is indian===he's no longer my b/f and he IS my ex-husband)... we sat down in our "living room"---our apt. was SO small we actually had a small kitchen, a bathroom (of course), a teeny space which i really cannot call a living room, but we did have a small sofa, a chair, and the TV.
so, here we were sitting in the LVR and this guy starts spouting BS from his book.

having lived in new york most of my life, i KNEW i could find/learn about almost anything in the world AND have the opportunity to actually meet the people who wrote the books; NEW YORK CITY was a form of the internet years before the real one came along. i became quite dissatisfied with the jewish religion because when i asked the rabbi questions that bothered me, he couldn't come up with answers which satisfied my curiosity!! and so off i went, visiting all sects of christianity, islam (yeah, there was ALREADY a mosque in the 60s in NYC... very alarming, yes?
anyway, then i studied hinduism... and this is WAY before i met my bf husband to be. hinduism called to me the loudest; islam scared the shi*t outta me..... and thus............

my bf's friend told me things i HAD NOT found in my readings, such as: mohammed had ruled that islam would follow parts of the old testament, like moses, abraham, and methusela (oh, and this is where the dietary laws they "borrowed" from the jews comes in); and he ruled that parts of the new testament, like jesus christ and his mom, mary, and all those apostles, etc., etc.; and, lastly, mo ruled 'his people' would follow laws mo put forth, two of which are REALLY scary.... like: ppl of islam do NOT and NEVER SHALL be friends with ppl who are NOT muslims AND the one which REALLY gives me nightmares: muslims' MAIN and SINGULAR purpose of existence is to destroy ALL infidels unless they agree to convert to islam ideals.... thus, women would be oppressed, men would become the superiour "superman" of the family/community and even young boys from ages 7 or even younger are taught how to shoot guns to KILL THE INFIDELS!! oh, by the way.... just in case you don't know what the INFIDEL means.. ANYONE WHO IS NOT MUSLIM IS THE INFIDEL! in the jewish religion, those who are not jewish are called "gentiles." well, that is... i was called a gentile by a mormon couple.... got me by the throat they did... all i could do was stare at them and wonder just how far they were in space!

well, hell.... now that you all know more about me than you ever wanted to know... i was just trying to 'set-up' the scenario so when you're watching the video (youtube) it'll make it easier for you to understand what the guy is talking about........ IF the guy speaking had managed to inform his audience the location or the website where one could go and join the protest... that woulda been great; unfortunately, he did not and there was NO other way, except, perhaps, to google the ALMOST info.... but i'll set myself down and tell you all...... if i could get myself to new york, i'd be a part of the protest... and i'll say, i wish i had money and/or power cuz i would make myself heard......... i did it in the 60s, but THIS... this is ever so much WORSE than an illegal war happening half a world away.

last thought: i really thought the pacific islands (tonga, tahiti, hawaii, fiji, etc.) would be the next area to 'go down' because indonesia was taken over by muslims.... very silently, very quickly, VERY SCARY..... but now i say, i was wrong....... now i say: continental US is gonna be the next place to "go down"...
WE CANNOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!
so, again, i say, it doesn't matter what religion you follow nor what political beliefs you have.... if you care about your country.... YOU MUST not allow THEM to take OUR COUNTRY!!!!!!! there are already so many americans, MEN, of course, since they benefit the most by converting: bigamy and/or polygamy, the right to kill anyone who opposes you, etc.

ever since i met that man... who, god help us is supposedly a doctor... although, my bf--ex-husband told me there were MANY muslims who would go to india and their daddy's MONEY bought them a diploma and the license to be a doctor... most didn't even bother to attend the classes---if THAT doesn't scare you, well, there's something wrong with you...... and i cannot see it because i KNOW ALL OF YOU........this is why i send you this kind of things because I KNOW you will be empathic about this... IF you can get yourself to new york OR cali OR minnesota OR texas OR ANY WHERE our country... US people are being threatened of our very existence, especially we women........I KNOW you will act!!!!!!!!
and all of you who are so up in arms (so to speak) about the mexicans coming to america... the muslim threat is SO MUCH more DEADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok. i'll stop, but i just HAD to tell you where i am, how i feel, what i will do to PREVENT this and all the other threats to we americans.....so, okay i've told you and i know you all well enough to say im not gonna lose your friendship because we are ALL alike when it comes to this kinda thing!!!!!!

ok.. i'll get off the soapbox now. i apologise if i bored the sh*t outta you...but you know, you could have just deleted me OR skipped the message altogether and went directly to the gist of this message... you know, the "meaty" part. ;o)

Some very serious info here.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxFzFIDbKpg

:psyduck:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Oh god the ellipses! What is with the ellipses!

This is my favorite part

quote:

yeah, there was ALREADY a mosque in the 60s in NYC... very alarming, yes?

Muslim invasion!

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Childlike Empress posted:

quote:

last thought: i really thought the pacific islands (tonga, tahiti, hawaii, fiji, etc.) would be the next area to 'go down' because indonesia was taken over by muslims.... very silently, very quickly, VERY SCARY..... but now i say, i was wrong....... now i say: continental US is gonna be the next place to "go down"...
WE CANNOT ALLOW THIS TO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!

You might want to tell your mom that the Muslim conquest of Indonesia took place in the 12th century. Those darn Muslims sure were smart and prescient to know that they'd have to wait 900 years to have a chance to invade North America.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

holy poo poo

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.

crime fighting hog posted:

holy poo poo
The amazing thing is that she actually talks like this too.

My wife has grown smart over the years, and strongly encourages me to keep my communications and visits with mom to a minimum.

MOLLUSC
Nov 30, 2005

How could you study Islam and not know it's an Abrahamic religion :psyduck:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Dameius posted:

Regarding the real issue as described by Snopes, I don't understand why you'd decry the proposal as "politically tone-deaf" unless you just mean to actually acknowledge that insurance companies are unscrupulous motherfuckers who would respond by giving wounded veterans the shaft.

But I'm more concerned about what's being knit in that little picture. Twin strands of DNA flanking tire tracks?

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009
That is an amazing amount of crazy, CE. I don't know why, but her instance that "Koran" is not an Arabic word stands out to be the most. Where does she think it comes from? Finnish?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Brennanite posted:

That is an amazing amount of crazy, CE. I don't know why, but her instance that "Koran" is not an Arabic word stands out to be the most. Where does she think it comes from? Finnish?

I think she means she doesn't want to spell it out as "Qur'an."

I wish I knew what happened to my Qur'an. I had a really nice one I got for free but it vanished when I moved, I think one of my roommates might have taken it.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I think y'all have covered most of it, but this:

quote:

ANYWAY (i digress, sorry);

Really pissed me off. If you type out 'I Digress,' than why the gently caress don't you just change or take out what you digressed on?

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Why does it matter at all how you spell a transliteration?

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

euphronius posted:

Oh god the ellipses! What is with the ellipses!

This is my favorite part

Muslim invasion!

Would it blow her mind to find out that the first mosque in the US was built in 1934 in Cedar Rapids, Iowa?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I swear that my stepdad signs me up to this gun rights mailing lists as a giant troll effort:

quote:

Supreme Court Strikes Down Chicago Gun Ban
Chicago Gun Ban Case to Determine Gun Rights For All States

The ruling struck down the Chicago handgun ban, thus opening the door to legal self-defense by Windy City residents. Alan M. Gottlieb joined attorney Alan Gura and Chicago resident Otis McDonald on the steps of the United States Supreme Court TODAY and heard the court's ruling in the historic McDonald v. City of Chicago gun rights case filed by SAF, the Illinois State Rifle Association and four Chicago residents.

The U.S. Supreme Court heard the case to decide whether the right to keep and bear arms secured by the Second Amendment protects Americans from overreaching state and local governments.

The Supreme Court case is of paramount importance to American citizens, to see that their constitutional rights are respected not only by the Congress, but by state and local governments.

Death Toll Mounts in Chicago

Fifty-two people shot, eight of them fatally in a single Chicago weekend, yet Mayor Richard Daley appears poised to go down screaming in his opposition to the Second Amendment Foundation's lawsuit to overturn his city's handgun ban.

Chicago has become a slaughterhouse where defenseless victims are terrorized by armed thugs who have taken full advantage of an unarmed populace. Daley and his predecessors who perpetuated this ban are wading knee-deep in the blood of hundreds of crime victims who should have had the means to defend themselves.

Donate Now - Help SAF Continue To Defend Second Amendment Rights!

The U.S. Supreme Court struck down Chicago's handgun ban, so the city will likely do what Washington, D.C., did when its own ban was overturned two years ago: Put in place all sorts of restrictions to make it tougher to buy guns and easier for police to know who has them.

Prospective gun owners in D.C. now are required to take expensive training courses that include spending one hour on a firing range (there isn't one in D.C.) and several hours in a classroom learning about so called gun safety. They also must pass a 20 question test based on D.C.'s highly restrictive firearm laws.

They also have to be fingerprinted, pay huge fees and jump many other hurdles.

Chicago Mayor Richard Daley says he's encouraged by what he sees in D.C. and vows not go down without a fight.

Year after year the statistics have piled up yet Mayor Daley has stubbornly defended the city's ban. While he has luxuriated at his vacation home with the safety of armed bodyguards, the bodies of Chicago crime victims have stacked up like cordwood.

Monday we should have a ruling from the Supreme Court that puts an end to this insanity, and gives the citizens of Chicago back their right to defend themselves. Daley thinks his constituents should be content to call 911 and wait for help to arrive while they're being shot, stabbed, raped, robbed or beaten. Those crimes happen fast, and when seconds count, Chicago police are minutes away.

We took Daley to court because we trust his citizens more than he does with their self-defense rights. Chicago residents have endured the terror of public disarmament for almost three decades, and all they have to show for it is a body count. Mayor Daley should be ashamed.

The Second Amendment Foundation (SAF) was delighted to bring this case in cooperation with the Illinois State Rifle Association and the four local plaintiffs. We are in this fight because a gun ban is no less onerous to civil rights in Chicago than it was in the District of Columbia. Such a law cannot be allowed to stand unchallenged.

We WON but protecting our gun rights is expensive and it's impossible to put a price tag on. This time freedom will cost $250,000 to defend your Second Amendment rights in this challenge by Chicago to ban guns. SAF stands firmly committed to defend these rights and we are asking you to stand with us and we need your help to stop the anti-freedom extremists now!

The Second Amendment Foundation (https://www.saf.org) is the nation's oldest and largest tax-exempt education, research, publishing and legal action group focusing on the Constitutional right and heritage to privately own and possess firearms. Founded in 1974, The Foundation has grown to more than 650,000 members and supporters and conducts many programs designed to better inform the public about the consequences of gun control.

DO NOT BE SILENCED - MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!

For our projects to be successful, we must count on the voluntary financial support from individuals like you who care.

We need your financial support today to ensure we have the resources to beat back anti-gunners who will stop at nothing to take away our right and ability to defend ourselves and our families.

Please give your most generous contribution today. Help me defend your individual right to bear arms in this important Supreme Court case, today!

Your donation for just $10 will help so much. If you can afford to send $50 or $100 or more it would truly be a godsend.

Remember, protecting our freedom is not inexpensive.

But then, it's impossible to put a price tag on freedom.

Together, we can preserve the Constitutional rights our Founding Fathers intended our people to have forever.

For more information about SAF go to https://www.saf.org

Thank you. I know I can count on you.

Sincerely yours,

Alan M. Gottlieb
Founder
Second Amendment Foundation

P.S. Remember, the anti-gunners are raising tens of thousands of dollars to steal this victory from us--we need your support now to help stop them dead in their tracks!

Send Checks To:
Second Amendment Foundation
James Madison Building
Dept Code 4341
12500 NE 10th Place
Bellevue, WA 98005

Paid for by Second Amendment Foundation 501(c)3 non-profit organization. Contributions are tax deducible. Copyright © 2010 Second Amendment Foundation, All Rights Reserved.

There were about 20 "give us money" links I removed.

Hardcore Phonography
Apr 28, 2004

I have my eye on a suite in Baker Street.

cheerfullydrab posted:

Why does it matter at all how you spell a transliteration?

I don't think most people who send these really know what the difference is between a transliteration and a translation.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

The amazing thing is that she actually talks like this too.

My wife has grown smart over the years, and strongly encourages me to keep my communications and visits with mom to a minimum.

You should print out that email, correct it in red pen, and snail-mail it back to her. Include a letter thanking her for thinking of you, but warning that future stream-of-consciousness emails will be disregarded because they make her sound like a howling crazy person.

You may want to append this fun fact as a post-script: many Christians believe that their religion supersedes Judaism. Clearly, we Christians are out to destroy Israel! :pseudo:

Now for content (sort of):

I'm not "fortunate" enough to get email forwards from my family, but my dad is a fiscal conservative and he says some crazy stuff sometimes. To hear him talk, the passing of the health care bill is one of the worst Constitutional violations in American history, and the mismanagement of the BP spill is almost entirely Obama's fault. Recently, he gave me a copy of Atlas Shrugged because he thinks it will help me understand the conservative mindset. He says that the antagonists are just like Obama - forever defending the lazy and incompetent against the makers of wealth and prosperity! :qq:

My mom is less politically outspoken than my dad, but I think her opinions are even more :psyduck: than his. Because she cannot abide stupid people, she thinks that people should avoid having stupid kids at all costs. She hates Sarah Palin because Palin chose to bear Trig to term instead of getting an abortion as soon as she learned she was carrying a Down's fetus. When I quoted Oliver Wendell Holmes' opinion in Buck vs. Bell - "Three generations of imbeciles are enough" - to her, she said smugly "That's exactly right!" And she can barely disguise her contempt for my mentally-retarded cousin - her own nephew. Part of the reason I want to adopt instead of having my own kids is that I'm afraid I might conceive a retarded fetus and have to choose between aborting a baby I'd want to keep and being disowned by my mom. :cry:

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I like how Christians cherry pick the Koran for infidel bullshit while conveniently ignoring the entirety of the Old Testament where people are murdered left and right in the name of God.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Naet posted:

entirety of the Old Testament where people are murdered left and right in the name of God.

It's even the same god!

Turing sex machine
Dec 14, 2008

I want to have
your robot-babies
:roboluv:

quote:

islam scared the shi*t outta me
Self-censorship that doesn't actually censor anything :psyduck:

UltraPenguinX
Mar 23, 2009

TC: hOnK hOnK iM a MoThErFuCkInG sEaL :o)

CEs Mom posted:

ppl of islam do NOT and NEVER SHALL be friends with ppl who are NOT muslims AND the one which REALLY gives me nightmares: muslims' MAIN and SINGULAR purpose of existence is to destroy ALL infidels unless they agree to convert to islam ideals.... thus, women would be oppressed, men would become the superiour "superman" of the family/community and even young boys from ages 7 or even younger are taught how to shoot guns to KILL THE INFIDELS!! oh, by the way.... just in case you don't know what the INFIDEL means.. ANYONE WHO IS NOT MUSLIM IS THE INFIDEL! in the jewish religion, those who are not jewish are called "gentiles." well, that is... i was called a gentile by a mormon couple.... got me by the throat they did... all i could do was stare at them and wonder just how far they were in space!

Err, I'm no expert on religions, but is there any validity to this? I think that there's some stuff in there about women being inferior to men, but the whole "kill everyone who is not muslim" as their main tenant seems a bit far fetched.

Also, that post has more periods than a... a... a tampon store. I'm sorry, I couldn't think of anything more clever :(

Thenipwax
Jun 20, 2001

by Ozmaugh

UltraPenguinX posted:

the whole "kill everyone who is not muslim" as their main tenant seems a bit far fetched.
It's not a tenant. It's a tenet.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

UltraPenguinX posted:

Err, I'm no expert on religions, but is there any validity to this? I think that there's some stuff in there about women being inferior to men, but the whole "kill everyone who is not muslim" as their main tenant seems a bit far fetched.

Also, that post has more periods than a... a... a tampon store. I'm sorry, I couldn't think of anything more clever :(

Silly, if they killed all the infidels, who would be the dhimmis that pay for the state through jizya? :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mordiceius posted:

I swear that my stepdad signs me up to this gun rights mailing lists as a giant troll effort:

There were about 20 "give us money" links I removed.

Actually I read a piece that says the opinion's a good thing for Democratic candidates because it takes the gun rights issue off the table as a wedge issue for Republicans.