Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Kekekela posted:

The would be "We Doing it Major" by LEWD Society. "We Major" is what he says right at the beginning before giving some shoutouts to his homies.

I loving love you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark-E
Oct 1, 2006
Suck out the poison. Quick!
What song is this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2A2wAp22HU
The Neistat Brothers "Van" Promo (HBO)
Sounds like something by Arcade Fire. Maybe one of their new songs?

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
There's a song that I think is from the 70s. I guess it's a comic story about a guy who goes on a date with a girl. In the first verse, we find out that the guy's mother likes the girl, and in the second verse, everything goes wrong.

What I remember is a line that's similar to "Let me wet my socks and say we got caught in the rain."

Anyone got any ideas?

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

Cemetry Gator posted:

There's a song that I think is from the 70s. I guess it's a comic story about a guy who goes on a date with a girl. In the first verse, we find out that the guy's mother likes the girl, and in the second verse, everything goes wrong.

What I remember is a line that's similar to "Let me wet my socks and say we got caught in the rain."

Anyone got any ideas?

The Faces - You're So Rude

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

Final Fart Buttball posted:

The Faces - You're So Rude

You're so kind!

It had been driving me crazy. I heard it once on my store radio a few weeks ago, and then they never played it again, which is sad because I hear 90 variations of "Without You" everyday.

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

Detective Thompson posted:

Trying to remember a video I saw sometime ago, late 90s or early 00s. It's starts off with a guy (the performer of the song, I think) standing on what I think is a subway platform. At the same time, there is a woman in a tub, and she either tries to kill herself or starts accidentally drowning in the tub. The guy senses this somehow and starts running in slow motion. I don't recall whether or not he makes it to the woman. I don't remember too much about the actual song, aside from it being rock of some type.

It's funny because I'm fairly certain someone else asked what song this was earlier in the thread, but described the music instead of the video. Luckily I've seen the video too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbwuAzRTOv0

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!

Z3n posted:

This is a long shot but worth a try...

I'm looking for a music video from a band that sounds, according to my friend, like something between the mars volta and the deftones. The video itself had a female vocalist with shoulder length black hair, and the entire video was hypersaturated red. He recalls it being sometime between ~2001 and 2005 that it came out. The vocalist had a very sultry, almost sort of nightclub singer type style. Any guesses?
Not sure about that music description, but it could be "Maps" by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIIxlgcuQRU

kundalini rinsing posted:

There are a LOT of songs with organs, like the entire genre of progressive rock pretty much, and a not insignificant amount of funk, classic rhythm & blues, jazz, psychedelic rock, metal, and baroque pop... Can you record yourself singing or playing the melody? What did the singer's voice sound like (man or woman, high or low pitched, screamy, whiney, gravelly?)? Does it have a certain 'era' to it like if you were to guess would you say it's from the 60s or 70s (in which case you're fighting an uphill battle) or 80s or now?

For the record, the first thing i thought of was A Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harum
Considering that he said he heard it on an alternative rock station a few times, it's probably not going to be a really old song or some obscure prog song...

Charleston Jew fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Jun 29, 2010

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow
This song plays every day at the store I work at and I have so far not been able to decipher any lyrics.

All I know is that it's really annoying and at the end of the song the backup singers just keep going "Whoa-oh-ohhhh-ohh" and then the lead singer does some stupid rising "Whoa-oh-ohhhohhh-ohhhh-ohhh" that gets higher and higher pitched until the end of the song.

The only other lyric I could make out sounded like "Love in the heart" or something. I know this isn't much help, but it's all I have to go on.

It plays every day and it is driving me crazy!

Charleston Jew
Jul 31, 2005

oh my sloth!
^^^ Are there anymore details you can give us? Like, a rough description of the genre (rock, R&B, etc).

OK, I have my own now. I heard this in Forever 21, I would describe it as electropop, so it wasn't a hardcore techno song but it was still dancey. The chorus consisted of a guy singing something like "she's leaving it" over and over again. I know that wasn't it, but it was a few words, I think 'she' was one of them. Later in the song he sings about how a guy had hurt this girl.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Superrodan posted:

It's funny because I'm fairly certain someone else asked what song this was earlier in the thread, but described the music instead of the video. Luckily I've seen the video too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbwuAzRTOv0

Oh man you're awesome! Thanks.

Tin Miss
Apr 8, 2009

Meow

Charleston Jew posted:

^^^ Are there anymore details you can give us? Like, a rough description of the genre (rock, R&B, etc).

It's kind of pop-ish and slow and the singer sounds like a diva. I've tried so hard to hear any other lyrics, but all I can ever make out is the stupid "whoa-oh-oh" part.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

Tin Miss posted:

This song plays every day at the store I work at and I have so far not been able to decipher any lyrics.

All I know is that it's really annoying and at the end of the song the backup singers just keep going "Whoa-oh-ohhhh-ohh" and then the lead singer does some stupid rising "Whoa-oh-ohhhohhh-ohhhh-ohhh" that gets higher and higher pitched until the end of the song.

The only other lyric I could make out sounded like "Love in the heart" or something. I know this isn't much help, but it's all I have to go on.

Lady Gaga - Bad Romance?

coolguy90000
Jul 31, 2008

Tin Miss posted:

Katy Perry - California Gurls?

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

Spartan421 posted:

This song has some sort of electric organ in the background. One of the sections goes duun duun dunnnn dun dun dun duunn dun duuuuunnnnn...

Child In Time by Deep Purple?

Tshirt Ninja
Jan 1, 2010

Charleston Jew posted:

OK, I have my own now. I heard this in Forever 21, I would describe it as electropop, so it wasn't a hardcore techno song but it was still dancey. The chorus consisted of a guy singing something like "she's leaving it" over and over again. I know that wasn't it, but it was a few words, I think 'she' was one of them. Later in the song he sings about how a guy had hurt this girl.

She's Losing It - Belle and Sebastian? It's not really electropop, but :shobon:

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.
I need some help identifying a particular recording that is played as part of a podcast. It's at about 33:20 of this episode of This American Life. It starts out with an accordion version of Flight of the Bumble Bee and then segues into a sort of jazzy song that I recognize but can't name. Unfortunately, googling "flight of the bumble bee accordion" shows me that it's a bizarrely popular piece to play on the accordion, and without knowing the name of the other song I'm getting nowhere. Does anyone know who did this recording and where to find it?

Edit: I tried the music ID app on my smartphone, but it got very confused. It misidentified Flight of the Bumble Bee as some death metal song, and then the song it segues into as something from a 1920s French singer.

Long Wang
Aug 28, 2006

This will probably be hard to explain but I tuned into a Classical station and heard some music I'd heard before on a film. I can't remember what film but I'm sure the music was played over the ending where they tell you what happened to everyone. The kind of music that might make your eyes water.

The only instrument is a piano and it's the same notes over and over but the chords change each time.

They said the name of the piece and the composer. I can't remember the composer but i thought the piece was called "Lay all day". But I can't find it under that name so it must have been something else, it's not "Play all day" either.

Any ideas?

edit: Found on the Classical station has a play list for each day and the song was called Le Onde by Ludovico Einaudi.

Long Wang fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 4, 2010

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

McGravin posted:

I need some help identifying a particular recording that is played as part of a podcast. It's at about 33:20 of this episode of This American Life. It starts out with an accordion version of Flight of the Bumble Bee and then segues into a sort of jazzy song that I recognize but can't name. Unfortunately, googling "flight of the bumble bee accordion" shows me that it's a bizarrely popular piece to play on the accordion, and without knowing the name of the other song I'm getting nowhere. Does anyone know who did this recording and where to find it?

Edit: I tried the music ID app on my smartphone, but it got very confused. It misidentified Flight of the Bumble Bee as some death metal song, and then the song it segues into as something from a 1920s French singer.

Jack Fina's Bumble Boogie.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH
What American (I'm pretty sure) song is sampled in this Korean one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq3YC5qj03M

If you've never seen a Korean music video before, well, you're welcome.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

blinkeve1826 posted:

What American (I'm pretty sure) song is sampled in this Korean one?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq3YC5qj03M

If you've never seen a Korean music video before, well, you're welcome.

May be wrong but it sounds like Stand By Me by Ben E. King

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

Elohssa Gib posted:

May be wrong but it sounds like Stand By Me by Ben E. King

Bingo! Thanks!

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

Hey guys, I'm looking for a sad song. I keep thinking it's by Matthew Good or Matthew Good Band but I've browsed their discography and can't seem to find it, so I might be totally wrong. It's about the singer's girlfriend getting an abortion. The only lyrics I can remember are "she's alone, and I'm alone" or "now we're alone now" ... something like that.

edit: Nevermind, it's "Brick" by Ben Folds Five.

Ana Lucia Cortez fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Jul 7, 2010

slaphappy
Aug 4, 2007
I'm trying to identify an instrumentalist from the late seventies & early eighties. He played a brass instrument - I think it was a trumpet.

His style was seminal elevator music. He sorta filled in the gap between Herb Alpert and Kenny G. He had a few really big hits in America that were always on the easy-listening stations. I remember he actually had a few pre-MTV videos.

That's all I'm sure of. I skimmed through the top hits of that period, thinking his name would jump out, but it didn't.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

dtkirby posted:

I'm trying to identify an instrumentalist from the late seventies & early eighties. He played a brass instrument - I think it was a trumpet.

His style was seminal elevator music. He sorta filled in the gap between Herb Alpert and Kenny G. He had a few really big hits in America that were always on the easy-listening stations. I remember he actually had a few pre-MTV videos.

That's all I'm sure of. I skimmed through the top hits of that period, thinking his name would jump out, but it didn't.

Chuck Mangione?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7dg8vRDM68

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert

dtkirby posted:

David Sanborn

slaphappy
Aug 4, 2007

YouDummy posted:

Chuck Mangione?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7dg8vRDM68

That's him! Thank-you.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Is this the proper place (sorry I'm kinda new to this Music forum) to ask about a whole STYLE of music I need identified?

I heard it on 91.1 on 4th of July in SF (So that's a Jazz station) it was, as best I can describe it, kindof an upbeat, old-timey jazz, with a call and response sort of chorus.

It's usually got lyrics related to food (most often I hear it.) and Reminds me a bit of the type of poo poo you'd hear on the theme/segues for "Dinner & a Movie".

The one I heard was something like
"I like cake! (I like cake!) And I like pie! (I like pie!) etc etc etc..."

For some reason I REALLY dig that type of music and want to know how I can seek more of it out.

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO

Feenix posted:

Is this the proper place (sorry I'm kinda new to this Music forum) to ask about a whole STYLE of music I need identified?

I heard it on 91.1 on 4th of July in SF (So that's a Jazz station) it was, as best I can describe it, kindof an upbeat, old-timey jazz, with a call and response sort of chorus.

It's usually got lyrics related to food (most often I hear it.) and Reminds me a bit of the type of poo poo you'd hear on the theme/segues for "Dinner & a Movie".

The one I heard was something like
"I like cake! (I like cake!) And I like pie! (I like pie!) etc etc etc..."

For some reason I REALLY dig that type of music and want to know how I can seek more of it out.

Sounds like jump/jive, one of the precursors to rock 'n' roll. Look for Louis Jordan and Cab Calloway.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Underflow posted:

Sounds like jump/jive, one of the precursors to rock 'n' roll. Look for Louis Jordan and Cab Calloway.

Thank you, you are a god! :) I love this poo poo.

And (aside from the food references) this Youtube pretty much sounds EXACTLY like what I was referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8yGGtVKrD8

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This is driving me INSANE.

Okay, so I got a single riff of this song in my head. I can't remember the artist or any lyrics. But I do recall the video fairly well. It's a country song. I'm wanting to say it started with a spider getting washed off what he was climbing on. And the singer is followed around by his own personal rain cloud. In the end, he gets out of his truck, thinking it's clear, possibly taking off his hat, only for it to keep pouring on him. Oh, and I think the spider finds refuge on a dry piece of something or another as it's being washed away.

What the HELL is this? No combination of words into google is doing me any drat good, and without an artist name or a line of lyrics, I can't figure out what it is. But the video was amusing, and I remember THAT. That, but nothing else!

Anyone got any ideas? Been sitting here for like half an hour trying to beat this thing out of my brain.

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild
Looking for a song (the video really) from the last 5 years or so. English singer/group. Video has the guy walking around town and seeing sad people everywhere, and drawn/animated on them are tears which run down and collect and soon there's animated water flowing in the streets from all the people crying.

edit: it was Mark Ronson's cover of "Stop Me..." by the Smiths.

Bolkovr fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Jul 9, 2010

PostOfficeBuddy
Mar 11, 2008

I'm sorry like Atari who's the cousin to Caleco
http://vimeo.com/6278811

What's the song in this video? I actually have the album already, but I can't remember which one it is for the life of me and I really want to listen to it now.

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

PostOfficeBuddy posted:

http://vimeo.com/6278811

What's the song in this video? I actually have the album already, but I can't remember which one it is for the life of me and I really want to listen to it now.
Nightmares on Wax - Nights Interlude (or Nights Introlude, one or the other).

teknetik
Jan 13, 2010

SO
JEWISH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buXa2zLNllQ

I've found lyrics to the song, but no actual name.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

teknetik posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buXa2zLNllQ

I've found lyrics to the song, but no actual name.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IxV30SXo_U

Giga Pet giveaway
Jun 28, 2008

You're Not Welcome?
Looking for a song for my dad, all I have to go on is what he's described, sorry.

According to him it was played on the more punk University of Washingon radio station in the early 80s, KCMU (they're now KEXP). The lyrics he remembers are 'It was a five-hundred foot Jesus staring down at me.' And the dude sounded like that Jesus was a bad thing and he's unsure but it could have been by a local band. Anyone have any idea?

Battering Ham
Nov 22, 2007
OH SHIT! Get down you FUCKS! *KA-FUCKING-BOOM*
I'm looking for a song that i remember being part of a race/chase sequence from some random anime (maybe FLCL) when i was younger. It was done on a xylophone with i think some orchestral backing. It was face paced and fun.

Edit: it was Kabalevsky's Comedian's Gallop

Battering Ham fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 13, 2010

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Battering Ham posted:

I'm looking for a song that i remember being part of a race/chase sequence from some random anime (maybe FLCL) when i was younger. It was done on a xylophone with i think some orchestral backing. It was face paced and fun.

Flight Of The Bumblebee maybe? It's a classical piece that seems to get used a lot in cartoons during comical chase scenes, especially the old Loony Tunes cartoons. It's definitely fast paced. Since it is a classical piece, there are a lot of different versions of it with different instrumentation, but here's an example on xylophone with an orchestra (volume is a bit low, might need to turn it up):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhaNloImbjM&feature=related

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
Okay, I'm looking for a music video.
It premiered on MTV2 around 2000/2001. I can't remember too much about the band or the song other than they might have sounded like the generic rock that was popular at the time the Hives, the Strokes, etc...
But the video was pretty cool, it featured the band standing in front of wallpaper sort of like this:

and at one point they held giant crayons up the wallpaper, and the wallpaper moved while they stood in place and made all these crazy and violent designs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Battering Ham posted:

If it was on FLCL, then it might be Kabalevsky's Comedian's Gallop (or Galloping Comedians, or the Comedians' Dance, there seem to be several translations)