Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
I found series 3 of NECA's Terminator 2 figures at TRU. Heads up though, apparently the "Regular" and Battle Damaged T-1000 figures are shortpacked at 1 per case with the 2 T-800's at 3 per case. Managed to snag the regular T-1000, but the damaged one was gone.

The sculpt seems to be really good, but the head paint apps are really, really bad and hurt the overall look of the figure. If the paint was done right it would be dead-on, but they really screwed up, at least on the figure I got.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!

iPhone pics of my latest haul. I've had to cut back a lot, but the Ash Wood stuff just keeps on giving. Love this figure.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Yeah, tommy is really fun. Moreso than the nom commanders in my opinion. I couldn't put him down for the last couple days. I'm probably going to wash the hoodie with a bit of fabric softener, because it's stiff as a board right now. The jeans are fine. I'm not sure I could get them back on if I took them off. So skinny, lol.

Only other thing I've opened recently is

Nom is about as tall as that kinnukuman beside my custom emergency services bertie

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Jace Madan posted:

I found series 3 of NECA's Terminator 2 figures at TRU. Heads up though, apparently the "Regular" and Battle Damaged T-1000 figures are shortpacked at 1 per case with the 2 T-800's at 3 per case. Managed to snag the regular T-1000, but the damaged one was gone.

The sculpt seems to be really good, but the head paint apps are really, really bad and hurt the overall look of the figure. If the paint was done right it would be dead-on, but they really screwed up, at least on the figure I got.
Holy poo poo, I totally forgot those were even coming out. Is the NECA T-1000 any better than the McFarlane one? I like that one quite a bit.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

If ya'll are looking at getting a T-1000, maybe you should splurge on this bad boy from Hot Toys.

I don't collect their Terminator stuff, but holy gently caress that one looks awesome. They even included the wagging "no, no, no" finger.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Holy poo poo, I totally forgot those were even coming out. Is the NECA T-1000 any better than the McFarlane one? I like that one quite a bit.

Yeah, I think the uniform is better sculpted, although he does seem a bit smaller. Plus he has the regular shoes instead of the motorcycle boots. Like I said, the likeness looks like it's dead on, it's just the paint apps that kill it. He comes with 2 sets of regular hands and 1 "pointy eye-ball finger" hand and his M9 pistol.

The damaged one (which I didn't find) has 2 heads, one is split down the middle and flayed open, and and the other is sealing itself back up. He has the hook arms and his torso has the gunshot damage. All of the parts are interchangeable with the regular figure, so you can make quite a bit of different looks for him. Well, you could if you can find it.

For the amount of stuff the single figure came with though, the TMP one is still better, the long blade arm, both hook arms and a blown open torso were all in the same package, but I guess those days are over. If ya want it all ya gotta buy 3 or 4 versions of the same guy. I don't even want to think about how much I'm gonna be spending on all of the Predator variants just to get a new head on them.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Vaporware posted:

Yeah, tommy is really fun. Moreso than the nom commanders in my opinion. I couldn't put him down for the last couple days. I'm probably going to wash the hoodie with a bit of fabric softener, because it's stiff as a board right now. The jeans are fine. I'm not sure I could get them back on if I took them off. So skinny, lol.

Nom is about as tall as that kinnukuman beside my custom emergency services bertie

What are these from? They look awesome.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
World War Robot Portable (WWRp) by 3A. Don't even try and collect these, buy some if you see them, but don't try to collect them. They're cool, but it's so exasperating. It's like a job where you spend money to stay employed.

Here's a scale shot of WWRp (1/12th scale), and WWR (1/6th scale) the super tall mockup is representing an upcoming WWR figure, bertie mk3. The little white bertie mk2 is the same figure as the yellow one I painted.

I don't have any good shots of my stuff, but there are tons of people that do nothing but take pictures of WWR toys.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Vaporware posted:

Is that the 6 inch Nom? Man I want that so bad.

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
I have no idea where my 3aa kit is. I emailed candy but haven't heard. Stupid Hong Kong time not being my time. Totally stoked to have it posed with my Dirty Deeds Berties.

Djarum posted:

Is that the 6 inch Nom? Man I want that so bad.

Ash said the 1/12 scale DIY and I think Noir de Plume were nixed as Beijing exclusives to be sold in a pack later on, so you should be able to score one down the line.

Edit: Heavy Bramble OH gently caress

profbobo fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 25, 2010

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

profbobo posted:

Ash said the 1/12 scale DIY and I think Noir de Plume were nixed as Beijing exclusives to be sold in a pack later on, so you should be able to score one down the line.

As long as I don't need to sell a kidney to get it that is great news.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Cool my wave 5 showed up today!

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

profbobo posted:

Edit: Heavy Bramble OH gently caress

I know, I know, pretty cool. I'm done buying things this year, so that sucks that it's coming out soon.

Fat Lee
Mar 12, 2009

Command a Battlestar.
Be overweight.
Live the Fat Lee life.
Finished my Sodom Yat custom the other day, still have to fix joint paint though. He's a Flash bod and Aquaman head.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

Finally, pics of the Predators figures have been released. I am so glad I ordered the Classic Pred singles when I did, he looks outsatanding, and he is the one with the open mouth unmasked head even!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

NECA making those? And that classic predator is a must have.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

The Rage posted:

NECA making those? And that classic predator is a must have.

Yep. In late '10 or early '11 they will release the masked and closed mouth versions. Can't wait to get my hands on this puppy.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Cross posting from the Predators thread in CineD:

I'm not a huge fan of unmasked Predators to be honest, so I'll be passing on the Classic Predator figure and getting the masked 'Predator' one when it comes out. The Berserker and Falconer look pretty neat, although the packaging makes them seem a bit "cheaper" than they probably are. Maybe I'm just used to the snazzy clamshell packaging NECA normally uses. The packaging makes them look like they're 4" figures, like GI Joes or Star Wars toys, when they're actually probably upwards of 8" tall.

It's not like I'll be keeping them in the packaging anyway. :v:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So when are the first three due out?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Do those World War Robot figures come unpainted as a rule, or is that just some of them, or what? I can't afford to collect the things, but I'm curious.

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:

Fat Lee posted:

Finished my Sodom Yat custom the other day, still have to fix joint paint though. He's a Flash bod and Aquaman head.

Very nice job! What kind of green paint is that?

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.

Nerd Of Prey posted:

Do those World War Robot figures come unpainted as a rule, or is that just some of them, or what? I can't afford to collect the things, but I'm curious.

No, they come very well painted. They just never have a finished prototype before the pre-order comes up. A few unpainted DIYs are offered, but they are pretty elusive.

All this year most things have been ordered with only a general idea of what the finished product will look like.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Bought this custom figure:

Click here for the full 800x1625 image.

It was made from the NECA "Castlevania" Succubus figure as a base:

Click here for the full 495x888 image.

Yes, the arm-blades are actually on hinges. I think the guy did a pretty righteous job with it. :shobon:

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jul 2, 2010

Fat Lee
Mar 12, 2009

Command a Battlestar.
Be overweight.
Live the Fat Lee life.

Donde Esta posted:

Very nice job! What kind of green paint is that?

Thank you! Folk Art Emerald craft paint:

http://www.acmoore.com/p-34348-shimmering-metallic-acrylic-paint-2-ounce-emerald-green.aspx

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Such a delightful day to be a nerd.. LOL. Finished my custom job on the Mk V Helmet

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

In the bottom picture is it battle damaged?

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Why yes it is, thank you for noticing!

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Please tell me you have a whole Iron Patriot battle suit in the works

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Jet Ready Go posted:

Why yes it is, thank you for noticing!

It looks really well done.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Here's me being ultimate about something or other!

I am the worst cosplayer.. :/

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Once that helmet is no longer 40 bucks or whatever it is at work, I'll pick one up and put it next to my Optimus helmet.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp
Mattel's Starro item for Comic Con.

Mainly posting because it's loving Batman.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCbJnd_cLtc&feature=player_embedded

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

For SDCC people, you can now pre-order your matty collector exclusives from their site:
http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayShopperDefinedBundlePage/OfferID.4381636409

Plasticman is sold out as of this post but everything else is there.

Zeitgueist
Aug 8, 2003

by Ralp

RevKrule posted:

For SDCC people, you can now pre-order your matty collector exclusives from their site:
http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/en_US/DisplayShopperDefinedBundlePage/OfferID.4381636409

Starro and Orko sold out as well.

Demiurge
May 29, 2008

Mining for the Greater Good.

RevKrule posted:

Starro is sold out!!! NOO

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Please note! These are only pre-orders. They supposedly only put up a very limited amount of supply for early sales. You will still have an opportunity to get a Starro or Plasticman or Orko at SDCC if you're going. This was only for a chance to not have to wait in line for any of Mattel's offerings.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
50 bucks is actually affordable. 10 bucks a figure + free star. don't guess anyone wants to get me one from sdcc eh?

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
Pics from someone over at AFI:

Wave 16 BAF is Bane

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f44/darthmeks/IMG_0004.jpg

Creeper, Jonah Hex and Kyle Raynor in Wave 16.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f44/darthmeks/GetAttachment-1aspx.jpg

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
While I don't exactly need another Bane figure, I'm digging the Aparo-esque "purity" of that model.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Ogmios posted:

Pics from someone over at AFI:

Wave 16 BAF is Bane

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f44/darthmeks/IMG_0004.jpg

Creeper, Jonah Hex and Kyle Raynor in Wave 16.

http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f44/darthmeks/GetAttachment-1aspx.jpg

OMG I need all of those.