Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
suis la lune playing a house show in montreal on the 6th apparently.

gotta find a riiiiiide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

acup
Sep 11, 2001

Pantalones! posted:

gotta find a riiiiiide.

I saw them in Boston and they were great.

stay depressed
Sep 30, 2003

by zen death robot
I'll be seeing them on saturday. Should be great.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Pantalones! posted:

gotta find a riiiiiide.

motherfuckerrrrr

i'm too broke for this poo poo, goddamnit

Paper Triangle
Jul 27, 2004

more dog than your dog

Dickeye posted:

Am I double posting about pop punk? Hell yes I am

Steinways at Insub 2010

There's a couple more I'll link in a bit but I gotta finish watching this one first

1 Like
Chris Grivet

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Paper Triangle posted:

1 Like
Chris Grivet

Everyone boos Grivet. Everyone. Every time.

Also, the "Grivet <3 Goats" sign gets me every time

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO
Suis La Lune played in Atlanta a few days ago I think and I missed it. They played with Nationale who are from where I live who also played with Capsule last night and I missed it too. gently caress work.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
I hate all of you fucks on the east coast solely because of that tour.

Pianos Become The Teeth are playing down in southern California tomorrow night. I want to go because I don't have work on Monday but ehhhh 4 hour drive. It's them, Touche Amore, and Matsuri. Haven't seen TA since La Quiete was out here and I haven't seen Matsuri in probably 5 years (I think they didn't play for a long time) but I'm still not positive it's worth a 4 hour drive in each direction.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Last time I saw Pianos, they played a 20-25 minute set to about 20 people, my friends and I got headaches, and Kyle chipped his tooth on a mic.

Absolutely one of my favorite bands to see live.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl
turns out suis la lune are only playing in toronto anymore. gently caress my life.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.
Its at one of the worst venues in the city and they're playing with the worst, I mean WORST local band, but I am really excited to see GBH tonight.

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Jul 10, 2010

Raymondo Person
Jun 13, 2009

by Ozmaugh
They were mentioned once before in passing but I'll bring them up again: a random person decided to recommend Blackbird Raum on my last.fm page after noticing some similar stuff on my charts.

At first I thought it was just random advertisement from someone possibly involved with the band itself (or maybe he was just being nice, seeing as last.fm is uncharacteristically likable compared to most similar communities), but that doesn't matter either way because I got Swidden yesterday and I'm actually enjoying it a great deal.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

Welp, just found out the methadones are done. RIP to my favourite band. Never did get to see them in concert :(

Daily Life
Feb 25, 2010

by angerbot

Not an Anthem posted:

Its at one of the worst venues in the city and they're playing with the worst, I mean WORST local band, but I am really excited to see GBH tonight.

Saw them a few weeks ago in Sacramento. Same sort of circumstances too! Anyways, they were pretty bad. Lars Fredriskson or whatever his name is came on stage along with some other rear end in a top hat from another band. They were pretty slow and Collin's commentary was awful. How was it for you?

Asomodai
Jun 4, 2005

POSTING IN TFR = DONT ASK DONT TELL AM I RITE?
Ok, so i have been listening to alot of hardcore styled music recently.

Wondering if anyone had some bands to recommend me, similar in style to No Trigger, Wilhelm Scream, Propaghandi, Strike Anywhere, etc?

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
Other Orgcore bands you might be interested in: Smoke or Fire, Hot Water Music, The Lawrence Arms, Strung Out, Crime In Stereo (specifically The Troubled Stateside), Shook Ones, and Modern Life Is War.

Other posters probably have more suggestions that are more obscure.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

baberaham lincoln posted:

Other Orgcore bands you might be interested in: Smoke or Fire, Hot Water Music, The Lawrence Arms, Strung Out, Crime In Stereo (specifically The Troubled Stateside), Shook Ones, and Modern Life Is War.

Other posters probably have more suggestions that are more obscure.

Not sure how mliw fits in that list.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
oh im sorry strike it from my list i was wrong dont try that one out Asomodai

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

Daily Life posted:

Saw them a few weeks ago in Sacramento. Same sort of circumstances too! Anyways, they were pretty bad. Lars Fredriskson or whatever his name is came on stage along with some other rear end in a top hat from another band. They were pretty slow and Collin's commentary was awful. How was it for you?

The opening bands I knew of (locals, lovely) so I skipped and came at a time I thought GBH would be starting at, ends up I catch ~15 minutes of their opener who they're touring with, who were terrible and sang ska songs about unity. Awful.

Then GBH played and I heckled them to play Womb with a View for about 8 songs (I am a dick) but then they played city baby and city baby's revenge, sick boy and a bunch of other good stuff, and finally womb with a view and I blew my lid. The song starts slow and everyone just sat around but I started kicking my way around screaming like a retard. They were great. Well, I have always loved early GBH, so I'm biased.

Asomodai
Jun 4, 2005

POSTING IN TFR = DONT ASK DONT TELL AM I RITE?

oh im sorry strike it from my list i was wrong dont try that one out Asomodai

I actually quite liked em to be honest! Very much like Thrice, anymore in that vein to recommend?

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Asomodai posted:

I actually quite liked em to be honest! Very much like Thrice, anymore in that vein to recommend?

I was actually doing a terrible job at being sarcastic, but if you like MLIW give Sinking Ships, Dead Hearts, American Nightmare / Give Up The Ghost, and maybe Ruiner a shot. MLIW was so emotionally honest that they are fairly hard to compare in style. Witness was easily one of the best hardcore albums of 2005 and one of the better hardcore albums of the decade IMHO.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

gently caress me I haven't been to a good show ina while. Just got back from one. It was great. It was kind of crust, kind of hardcore, but it was pretty great music actually. got a nux vomica cd and its great. the bands were also amazing. Holy poo poo it was all good. Pretty bruised from the pit though.

Anyways you guys should check out nux vomica, DRESDEN, and methadone messiah. Yes they're all kinda crust and hardcore. But they're pretty good.

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation
The Red Dons are on tour now and if they are around your city make sure you go check them out and pick up their new records. My band, Southside Stranglers is playing Richmond, Raleigh, and maybe a couple other shows with them if things fall into place so if you are around the mid-atlantic you can check us out too. Here are the dates:

7/08 – Milwaukee @ Ground Zero
7/09 – Chicago @ Ronny’s
7/10 – Kansas City @ Studded Bird
7/11 – St. Louis @ Atomic Cowboy
7/12 – Carbondale (Afternoon Show) @ Plaza Records
7/12 – Memphis @ The Hitone
7/13 – Denton @ Rubber Gloves
7/14 – Ft. Worth @ 1919 Hemphill
7/15 – San Antonio @ The Pedicab
7/16 – Austin @ Beerland
7/17 – Houston @ The Mink
7/18 – New Orleans @ Saturn Bar
7/19 – Gainesville @ Wayward Council
7/20 – HELP!
7/21 – Raleigh @ Berkley Cafe
7/22 – Richmond @ Gallery 5
7/23 – Washington D.C. @ St. Stephens Church
7/24 – Baltimore (Afternoon show) @ TBA
7/24 – Philadelphia @ JR’s
7/25 – New York City @ Death By Audio 49
7/26 – Providence @ 201
7/27 – Boston @ Gay Gardens
7/28 – Albany @ Valentines
7/29 – Montreal @ Katacombes
7/30 – Ottawa @ Babylon
7/31 – Toronto @ Parts & Labour
8/1 – Buffalo @ Sugar City
8/2 – Pittsburgh @ Helter Sheler
8/6 – Chicago @ TBA
8/7 – Chicago @ TBA

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

I was actually doing a terrible job at being sarcastic, but if you like MLIW give Sinking Ships, Dead Hearts, American Nightmare / Give Up The Ghost, and maybe Ruiner a shot. MLIW was so emotionally honest that they are fairly hard to compare in style. Witness was easily one of the best hardcore albums of 2005 and one of the better hardcore albums of the decade IMHO.

I agree that they're great, they just stood out in your list cause they don't sound like any of the other bands.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
They carry a fairly similar melodic and emotional feel to Strike Anywhere and No Trigger, they're just a bit heavier.

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

answersyouseek posted:

The Red Dons are on tour now and if they are around your city make sure you go check them out and pick up their new records. My band, Southside Stranglers is playing Richmond, Raleigh, and maybe a couple other shows with them if things fall into place so if you are around the mid-atlantic you can check us out too. Here are the dates:

They're playing some dates with young stalins from ottawa so definitely check them out!

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

This whole slimming down my record collection poo poo is taking way longer than I hoped. I'm done with 5-11"s, and on the C's of my LPs. The cool thing is that I'm finding a bunch of really awesome poo poo I had completely forgotten about. Listening to Capsule - Blue right now and it's so loving good. Really forgot how good this band is.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

rivals posted:

This whole slimming down my record collection poo poo is taking way longer than I hoped. I'm done with 5-11"s, and on the C's of my LPs. The cool thing is that I'm finding a bunch of really awesome poo poo I had completely forgotten about. Listening to Capsule - Blue right now and it's so loving good. Really forgot how good this band is.

Have you heard the new song (on their Myspace)? It wasn't really what I was expecting, but it's pretty good.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
What the hell is Orgcore?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

Inspector_71 posted:

What 90% of people on punknews.org listen to (aka the bands that guy listed, mostly Hot Water Music and Larry Arms)

and Gaslight Anthem whenever they're not arguing about Springsteen or whether they're punk

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Inspector_71 posted:

http://www.dobi.nu/yourscenesucks/orgcore/index.htm

Angiepants
May 8, 2008

Inspector_71 posted:

I prefer the term beardcore myself, even though I'm decidedly sans-beard. But yeah, Hot Water Music, Jawbreaker, the Lawrence Arms, None More Black, Dillinger Four, "old Against Me!", Off With Their Heads, Small Brown Bike, Banner Pilot, etc.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

I saw that, but still had no idea what the "org" was referring to.

Parachute Underwear got the point across though.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'm pretty sure the "org" refers to punknews.org

But yeah orgcore is basically anything that sounds like minneapolis punk

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

ManifoldCuriosity posted:

Have you heard the new song (on their Myspace)? It wasn't really what I was expecting, but it's pretty good.

I haven't checked it out yet, I'll definitely do that soon though.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

I was listening to 65daysofstatic and goddamn The Conspiracy of Seeds is a great song, and it kind of makes me sad that the new CTTS is probably never coming out

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news
who is going to this is hardcore?

playing and theres not a ton of bands i wanna see, let's get stupid.

also look out for touche amore and a certain organs becoming molars band touring around TIH

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

I like to move it move it!

lifeloveregret posted:

who is going to this is hardcore?

playing and theres not a ton of bands i wanna see, let's get stupid.

also look out for touche amore and a certain organs becoming molars band touring around TIH

what band are you in??

I thought about going, but the quick sellout just inspired me to goto rock the bells instead.

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news

Derekman posted:

what band are you in??

I thought about going, but the quick sellout just inspired me to goto rock the bells instead.

i tour with ta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

lifeloveregret posted:

i tour with ta

Oh poo poo I didn't know you were still doing that. Did you play that Garden Grove show with PBTT? My friend went down for it but I stayed up here.