Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Sometimes I pick teams to play as in Manager mode in Fifa just for the shirts.

Sampdoria consistently produce awesome shirts. Damnnn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Dudley posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3128063&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=96#post378985731

If you missed it, in this post I compare the new Chelsea kit from soccertriads with a real UK bought one. Should be useful in telling you what to expect.

The short answer though is "Something that you have to know what to look for to tell them apart".

Yeah I saw that earlier. It was helpful, thanks.

Actually a friend got me a jersey when she was in London several years ago. I would guess it was a knockoff since it was relatively cheap but I didn't matter to me really.

actionjackson fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jul 3, 2010

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

It looks like soccer triads doesn't have a large size for a lot of jerseys. I wear a large in t-shirts and the jersey above and it fits well, so this is kind of a problem. Is minejerseys my next best alternative?

I was interested in Argentina away, Spain away, Germany home and Chelsea away but only the first had a large size available at triads.

vv I'll try that, thanks vv

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

actionjackson posted:

It looks like soccer triads doesn't have a large size for a lot of jerseys. I wear a large in t-shirts and the jersey above and it fits well, so this is kind of a problem.

If you mail them and ask for one, they might be able to sort you out.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

actionjackson posted:

It looks like soccer triads doesn't have a large size for a lot of jerseys. I wear a large in t-shirts and the jersey above and it fits well, so this is kind of a problem. Is minejerseys my next best alternative?

are you american? if so, an XL should work just fine (i always get a size up when ordering from europe)

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Fag Boy Jim posted:

are you american? if so, an XL should work just fine (i always get a size up when ordering from europe)

Yes, though as I said since the one jersey I have is L and fits well that would be my preference. I guess if the jersey will shrink a bit in the wash XL might be a better idea.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

What is the difference between minejerseys and jerseybbs?

I used the first and it's the most bootleg thing ever. There isn't even a direct link to your shopping cart, to get there I had to add another item (and then remove it). Should I really be giving my credit card info to these people?

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?
if you have to ask the answer is no.

how badly do you want a knockoff kit? i mean really.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

partipo posted:

if you have to ask the answer is no.

how badly do you want a knockoff kit? i mean really.

It's not a huge priority, I mean obviously I want to save money but I care about not getting ripped off more.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

As far as I can tell, MineJersey grew from JerseyBBS. I personally purchased from MJ because the screens at JBBS kept saying "Go to minejersey".

It's been a month, no shady charges. There is an extra $2 charge on there from FedEx or something like that, but regardless, nothing since then. All my monies are still here.

At least one other person purchased from the two sites, here's what he says:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2911318&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=29#post377675016
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2911318&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=29#post377790614

If you're worried about it, go grab a prepaid Visa Gift Card from WalMart, or use paypal, either in just using paypal itself or in the form of a Virtual Credit Card. Or just buy the legit thing.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Fag Boy Jim posted:

this is true I was scared the XL would be huge but it fits fine

Mr.AARP
Apr 20, 2010

I was born after Kurt Cobain died. Now you feel old.

actionjackson posted:

It's not a huge priority, I mean obviously I want to save money but I care about not getting ripped off more.

What you can do is go to jersey777.com, pick out which kit you want (they carry size large), and then send them an email telling them you would like to use paypal. That's how I got my U.S. kit for $30 with only having to wait a week for it to get here. Also, printing on the back can either be perfect (my John Terry England kit) or complete poo poo (my friend's Chelsea 10-11 kit he bought from them a month ago) so do that at your own risk.

Also, why are you wearing kits from a dozen very popular clubs? Do you have no allegiances?

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Mr.AARP posted:

What you can do is go to jersey777.com

I was going to order a couple of kits for my kids from SoccerTriads but it looks like i can get what I want for my son from jersey777 (Schweinsteiger WC Home). Did you pay $30 shipped? I wasn't sure if their prices were listed in GBP or USD, but $13 in shipping would seem about right.

The lovely thing is I want my daughter's (Picque Barca away) to get here by her birthday on the 31st Time to gamble with Triads on the time line.

highme fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jul 5, 2010

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Mr.AARP posted:

What you can do is go to jersey777.com, pick out which kit you want (they carry size large), and then send them an email telling them you would like to use paypal. That's how I got my U.S. kit for $30 with only having to wait a week for it to get here. Also, printing on the back can either be perfect (my John Terry England kit) or complete poo poo (my friend's Chelsea 10-11 kit he bought from them a month ago) so do that at your own risk.

Also, why are you wearing kits from a dozen very popular clubs? Do you have no allegiances?

I ended up using paypal with minejerseys. I ordered a Spain and Argentina one since I'm really like blue and navy. And no I really don't have any allegiances at this point, at least on the national level. I don't follow club football much yet.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

actionjackson posted:

I ended up using paypal with minejerseys. I ordered a Spain and Argentina one since I'm really like blue and navy. And no I really don't have any allegiances at this point, at least on the national level. I don't follow club football much yet.

Since you're new at this if you're an American please just call it soccer. Calling it football as an american makes you look like a twat who's into it to be different rather than into it to be into it.

Also as an American your number one allegiance should be for USA :colbert:

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

GutBomb posted:

Also as an American your number one allegiance should be for USA :colbert:

and your local club

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

If I call it soccer I'll get even more people thinking I'm a twat. Lose-lose situation :smith:

Obviously I want the US to do well, but that doesn't mean I have to buy their jersey.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

CaptainRightful posted:

Newly promoted FC Kaiserslautern have new kits using a "traditional" color scheme similar to Arsenal's last season at Highbury.

They'd be fantastic if not for the sponsor logo.
Man what the gently caress is going on with that stripe. It stops at a weird angle then starts in a weirder one. That logo is just a box, so what the gently caress. drat that thing is ugly.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
call the sport football because it is literally a game where you kick the ball with your foot hence football dont listen to what internet posters aside from me tell you to do because theyre all literally mentally retarded

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.
:siren: After six weeks, my personalised England World Cup shirt has arrived from Soccertriads. Really good quality but the lettering is slightly off. Will be using again!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

GutBomb posted:

Since you're new at this if you're an American please just call it soccer. Calling it football as an american makes you look like a twat who's into it to be different rather than into it to be into it.

No, this is entirely wrong. It's "the MLS attitude" and it's why no one gives a gently caress about their league.

cadmaniak
Nov 21, 2006

Le God
My Germany Home shirt arrived today after 3 weeks :D marked as a gift as others have said. Quality is much better then I expected, could easily pass for real (if it isn't anyway). Had an official tag and everything, and the clima cool looks realistic too.

Included some pics from my crappy camera phone.

Click here for the full 1536x2048 image.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

All in all I would definitely reccommend soccertriads, very cheap for a great product and doesn't take too long to arrive. Another thing to note is the shirt I ordered was a small and its definitely larger then a small, easily fits me and I'm more of a medium.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

tbp posted:

call the sport football because it is literally a game where you kick the ball with your foot hence football dont listen to what internet posters aside from me tell you to do because theyre all literally mentally retarded

call the sport football because it is literally a game where you run around on your feet instead of gallop around on horseback hence football dont listen to what internet posters aside from me tell you to do because theyre all literally mentally retarded

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

England shirts are £20 at sports direct now

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

proof of concept posted:

call the sport football because it is literally a game where you run around on your feet

Like Basketball, and Baseball, and Tennis, and Badminton, and Netball, and Handball, and Squash, and Racquetball?

You notice that a lot of those have names that correspond to the method of hitting the ball, or a unique part of the game?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

proof of concept posted:

call the sport football because it is literally a game where you run around on your feet instead of gallop around on horseback hence football dont listen to what internet posters aside from me tell you to do because theyre all literally mentally retarded

Then why do we call polo polo? And why aren't there any horses in water polo?

Surely it should be water handball or something?

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

ibroxmassive posted:

and Baseball, and Tennis, and Badminton, and, Squash, ?

You notice that a lot of those have names that correspond to the method of hitting the ball, or a unique part of the game?

I'm not sure I follow.
Also, isn't raquetball just another name for squash?
(tltg: too lazy to Google)

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

url posted:

I'm not sure I follow.
Also, isn't raquetball just another name for squash?
(tltg: too lazy to Google)

Baseball is named after the bases on the pitch?

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

ibroxmassive posted:

Like Basketball, and Baseball, and Tennis, and Badminton, and Netball, and Handball, and Squash, and Racquetball?

In racquetball you hit the ball with a racquet, other than that you are correct

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

ibroxmassive posted:

Baseball is named after the bases on the pitch?

yeah, agreed, I was in two minds whether to include it or not.
In the end, I thought I'd go the pathetic goon route of of extreme pedantry, and calim that you don't hit the ball with the base.

My parcel arrived today, I'll post some pics later on.

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.

ibroxmassive posted:

Why don't you read up on the origin of the term football and soccer before you make yourself look dumb. If soccer wanted to be so literally correct it'd be called footchestandheadball

quote:

Just as intriguing, for those who like to lambaste American Football being called such when the ball interacts primarily with hands, most of the earliest forms of Football were named thus, not because you kicked a ball with your foot, but because they were played on foot. Peasants played most of their sports on foot; aristocrats played most of theirs on horseback. Thus, games played on foot were called “football”, whether they had anything to do with kicking a ball or not. Indeed, many of the earliest forms of football involved carrying balls in an attempt to get across goal lines passed some opposing team or individual players.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TomSellek posted:

Why don't you read up on the origin of the term football and soccer before you make yourself look dumb. If soccer wanted to be so literally correct it'd be called footchestandheadball

If we're going do this then it should be noted that the term "soccer" is nearly as old as the term "football" when referring to association football.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

cadmaniak posted:

My Germany Home shirt arrived today after 3 weeks :D marked as a gift as others have said. Quality is much better then I expected, could easily pass for real (if it isn't anyway). Had an official tag and everything, and the clima cool looks realistic too.

Included some pics from my crappy camera phone.

All in all I would definitely reccommend soccertriads, very cheap for a great product and doesn't take too long to arrive. Another thing to note is the shirt I ordered was a small and its definitely larger then a small, easily fits me and I'm more of a medium.

Are the lines to the left and right of the german flag colors grey printed lines or are they actually ribs in the fabric? The real thing has ribs.

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Shrapnac posted:

Then why do we call polo polo? And why aren't there any horses in water polo?

Surely it should be water handball or something?

I know nothing of the history of those games and don't care to learn. I don't think I would dig up anything which would make "you kick the ball with your foot that's why it's called football" as a reason to insist that no one ever call the game soccer any less stupid and wrong. If you're really passionate about spreading awareness of water handball's true name, well, good luck to you.

Mr.AARP
Apr 20, 2010

I was born after Kurt Cobain died. Now you feel old.

highme posted:

I was going to order a couple of kits for my kids from SoccerTriads but it looks like i can get what I want for my son from jersey777 (Schweinsteiger WC Home). Did you pay $30 shipped? I wasn't sure if their prices were listed in GBP or USD, but $13 in shipping would seem about right.

The lovely thing is I want my daughter's (Picque Barca away) to get here by her birthday on the 31st Time to gamble with Triads on the time line.

Shipping I believe is still $20 for the first jersey, with $7 added for each additional jersey, which I found to be reasonable considering the jersey itself was only $7. And yes, the prices are USD. The thing I like about the store is I've never had to wait longer than two weeks to get a jersey.

cadmaniak
Nov 21, 2006

Le God

GutBomb posted:

Are the lines to the left and right of the german flag colors grey printed lines or are they actually ribs in the fabric? The real thing has ribs.

Do you mean these?

If so yeah they're proper grooves. Don't know if this means its a real shirt then.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru
I grabbed a few pics of them on the table after unboxing, but, after I figure they look better in action as it were.

Yeah, I'll apologise for the cell phone pics.
(also adblock is sniffy about imagebam, and I'm too lazy to do a multi-upload to waffleimages)

Free coookie to anyone who read my posts and spots the obvious error on my part when I bought the Argentina shirts.

e: (begged my gf to wear the shirts, she obliged, I now owe her a favour)

url fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jul 6, 2010

Ming the Merciless
Aug 10, 2005
You're a beard with an idiot hanging off of it.

url posted:

I grabbed a few pics of them on the table after unboxing, but, after I figure they look better in action as it were.

Where on earth did you find the Brazil third kit?

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Ming the Merciless posted:

Where on earth did you find the Brazil third kit?

sexy isn't it!

:D

(i was really lucky and a fellow goon offered to help me out)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
It's awesome. I love the tiger stripes on the Korea kit too, I've not seen one in the flesh yet, are they that noticeable?