Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tainted Ham
Apr 19, 2009

Notinghamington posted:

My friend let me borrow his copy of singularity at my house, and I was about to pop it in, is there anything I should know about it first?

Upgrade Deadlock ASAP! Also, you don't have to put a lot of points into health upgrades. I'd say spend your money on perks/upgrades that give you more TMD.

You can't upgrade all the guns all the way. I just upgraded the strength of my favorite guns as I didn't find much use in upgrading reload speed/capacity.

Also, make sure you equip your perks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Notinghamington posted:

My friend let me borrow his copy of singularity at my house, and I was about to pop it in, is there anything I should know about it first?

Once you get the TMD you also get the "Chrono ping" ability which shows you where to go. Since the game is so linear this means you can use it and then go the opposite directions to find any secrets.

Half the weapons in the game are pretty useless so don't feel constrained to using a weapon they try to give you. For example, the rail gun and the grenade launcher aren't really that effective as weapons. Although they do make you use the grenade launcher twice.

jngshin
Feb 16, 2005

by Ozmaugh

KeroKeroCola posted:

Someone mentioned King's Quest earlier, but what about King's Quest VI: Heir Today Gone Tomorrow?

My girlfriend and I have gotten a decent amount through the game for the first time, and I feel like we've missed some stuff. Are there any unmissable items or events early on? Are there multiple ways to beat the game, and if so, what do I need to ensure the best completion?

I made it to the final area only to realize my situation made it impossible for me to finish the game. As already mentioned, save in different slots and make special sure to save outside before entering any unfamiliar area. Sigh.

jngshin
Feb 16, 2005

by Ozmaugh
Another Morrowind tip:
If there's anything that really bothers you about the game, there's probably a mod that alleviates it. Best example is the removal of Cliff Racers. If there's anything you think "it would be really cool if it was in the game", there's a good chance there is a mod for that idea, albeit poorly done. Best example is Mark and Recall slots or personal homes/castles/mansions/ships outside of the strongholds.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Reginald Bathwater posted:

I've just started Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn and want to know a few things. Is there any plot death/forced character removal that I should be wary of? I dont want to waste XP on anyone who is doomed from the beginning. Is it necessarry to get every visit, talk, steal, etc, or will I be able to get through everything just playing to win missions? Any other advice would be appreciated too.

First things first: play on easy. Someone really hosed up translating the difficulty levels, since "Easy" in the US version was called "Normal" in Japan, and "Normal" in the US was called "Hard" in Japan. The US "normal" mode isn't insane, but it's pretty drat difficult and I wouldn't recommend it for your first playthrough.

There's no plot death in the game, but there are multiple groups of characters that you'll play as. However, each group doesn't share any characters with the rest (aside from maybe one or two minor guys, I forget), so don't worry about "wasting" exp if you know you'll be switching to another group soon.

Boost Micaiah's HP as high as possible with Seraph Robes. Dragonshields, which boost physical defense, can also help her some. She is extremely frail and it's game over if she dies. Not a good combination.

You don't have to be totally anal about visiting every house and whatnot, but you shouldn't just forget about it, either. The only thing you should be sure to do every mission is check out the "Info" option once you gain access to the base screen. The Info section contains a few skits between characters which usually result in you receiving items, sometimes really good ones, and if you don't watch the skits, the items are gone. Since all you have to do to get the items is watch a bit of dialogue, you should make sure to watch them all.

Use, but don't abuse, your bonus exp. There's some weirdness with bonus exp level ups which will cause your characters to be less powerful if you only use bonus exp to raise them.

Laguz units are poo poo.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Mecha Labrador posted:

- Mercantile is annoying. Buy a stack of arrows or something, and sell them back, one by one. This can take ages.

One by one? So you're telling me the game treats sold stacks as single items? :argh: That's why it takes ages for me to level that skill!

Hey y'all, I just started playing Front Mission 4. Is there any stupid missable poo poo that I need to look out for in the first few missions? I just helped The Three Stooges steal the truck in order to haul out the gold. If I already missed some dumb hidden "stand on grid position X,Y for six turns while punching yourself in the groin" item requirement, I'ma lose it.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Anyone have any tips for starting in on SMT: Nocturne?

I played Persona 3:FES more than a year ago, but probably only put in about 10 hours, and don't remember much about it. Other than that, I can't think of any other experience I've had with this series of games.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

I just picked up Infinite Undiscovery for the 360 at a dying Hollywood Video, what should I know before playing? Like what settings should i set before playing or whatever

Kitan
Jul 18, 2008
Picked up Dragon Quest:Swords the other day just for the hell of it.

Anything I should know before I get into this game?

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

Kitan posted:

Picked up Dragon Quest:Swords the other day just for the hell of it.

Anything I should know before I get into this game?

You will need to grind out areas for completion rewards in order to upgrade your weapons.

The town's minigames have fantastic rewards for acing them that are very powerful early on in the game and remain useful throughout. The games are pretty hard to ace though.

There's more postgame content than there is regular content.

Mini medals are random drops. You will probably only want the liquid metal armor, so start saving right away. You're not likely to get it until the postgame though.

Make sure you don't have a light source interfering with your Wii sensor bar or the motion detection will be all off and the game will be unplayable.

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.
Anything for The Last Remnant or Batman: Arkham Asylum?

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

McCoy Pauley posted:

Anyone have any tips for starting in on SMT: Nocturne?

I played Persona 3:FES more than a year ago, but probably only put in about 10 hours, and don't remember much about it. Other than that, I can't think of any other experience I've had with this series of games.

Buffs and Debuffs can be lifesavers - get your Main Character to learn Fog Breath and War Cry ASAP and boss encounters will become a lot easier. Focus is also reccomended.

Oh, and the game's a lot harder than Persona 3. Enjoy!

edit: Also, a few hours into the game you'll be allowed to access the Labyrinth of Amala while being invited to take on a sidequest that pretty much lasts the whole game and changes the ending. Do not do this on your first playthrough if you value your sanity. It's literally several hours and multiple boss fights of pure RPG hell, the main game is like sunshine and loving daises in comparison. Clear the game normally, and do the sidequest on a second playthrough if you feel like it.

a glitch fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jul 7, 2010

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!

Captain Novolin posted:

Anything for Batman: Arkham Asylum?

Learn to recognize the enemy attack animations. The faster you can recognize an incoming attack, and how to counter it, the higher you will string your combos and the more XP points you will get.

The most important upgrades are the combo upgrades which allow you greater multipliers.

The higher your multiplier, the more range Batman has, if your combo is sufficiently high, you can attack guys clear across the room.

Work in various attacks, get good at knowing which are useful against what enemies.

The upgraded batarangs are great in a crowded fight for instantly knocking down a few enemies in a pinch and keeping your combo going.

The ground takedowns are worth a lot more points than the auto takedown ability you can purchase, but you are not immune while performing them.

The Riddler maps really help if you dont want to use an FAQ for 100%.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Captain Novolin posted:

Batman: Arkham Asylum?

Don't worry about missing collectibles the first time through an area as you can always go back and in fact a lot of them you can't collect on your first pass anyway. You'll also never get permanently locked out of an area that has collectible items in it.

Remote User
Nov 17, 2003

Hope deleted.
Any tips for DEFCON?

I just started playing, and already lost all of my subs off of the coast of Africa when I tried to sneak for an early surprise attack.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

ADRIEN GRODYS FIFE posted:

I just picked up Infinite Undiscovery for the 360 at a dying Hollywood Video, what should I know before playing? Like what settings should i set before playing or whatever

You should know that any price you paid was too much for that piece of poo poo.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

That Awful Nick
Oct 7, 2008

"I've got the knowledge!"

upperthorax posted:

DEFCON?

Use fighters like expensive scouts. Deploy your bombers from land to someplace out of the way from your target, then hook them in from an unexpected direction. Keep your carriers away from the action but somewhere in range so that those bombers have someplace to land, rearm, and refuel. Try to turtle as much as you can. That is, stay on air-intercept mode until your enemies have more or less exhausted their nuke supply, so that you can spend all your time and energy shooting theirs down, then go absolutely insane and launch everything at once (within reason). Use your subs to shower their silos and airbases and radars while you use your ICBMs to attack cities. With the silos down from the MRBM spam, the ICBMs will absolutely clean house.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Captain Novolin posted:

Anything for The Last Remnant?

Are you playing the PC or 360 version? They're actually very different.

This might be a little verbose so I'll put the important things at the top here.

The game is largely about the side quests, the actual main quest is pretty short. There's a bunch of miss-able stuff, but nothing will lock you out of any of the game's story. So unless you care about fighting the super secret bosses, you don't really need to stress anything. If you DO care about that, then just make sure to do ever side quest you see before advancing the story, and check pubs frequently (the bar assistant's rumors tell you what side quests are open at the moment).

Anyway, Battle Rank is one of the more important things to understand going into the game. As a general rule, you want to avoid fighting enemy groups that are weaker than you, and fight groups that are harder than you. You almost never want to grind, though as long as you are fighting enemy groups that are harder than you, it's not such a big deal.

Specifically at the start of the game, you'll want to completely avoid random encounters until you've got control over the rest of your party (which is only a little ways in) because the Guest Unions don't gain stats.

Technical details:
- Your BR raises faster against harder monsters, however...
- Your stat gains per BR increase are much larger fighting harder monsters.
- On the 360 version, Linking monster groups makes your BR skyrocket, so fight them one at a time. On the PC version, go nuts linking.
- BR is less of a big deal on the PC version. Enemy stats don't really change much, but they will get access to stronger skills which can be a big deal.

Another somewhat confusing aspect is your other characters equipment upgrades. In their status page it has a list of Items they want, getting them these items will make it easier for them to upgrade their equipment once your get your BR high enough. Unfortunately this is kind of a pain because you can't just directly give them the items. Ways you can get them the items they want:

- Harvest them with Mr Diggs
- Find them from Monsters after battle
- Split them from Captured Monsters after battle
- Disassemble a piece of equipment that has the item
- If they specifically request you to go get an item, you can buy that item from the store and they'll get one too.

It's also possible that characters will request to borrow weapons/items you don't have equipped. Doing this effectively lets you jump ahead in their upgrade tree, so it's generally a good idea to let them have anything you aren't planning on using. Just remember that you'll never get that stuff back.

As far as battle commands go, people tend to complain a lot about how random they are. That's a bigger problem towards the start of the game and gets to be less so as you go and start to understand the mechanics and get a bigger team. Usually the categories that show up are pretty consistent based on the situation, which involves a lot of factors such as:

- The skill sets of the members of the Union
- The Classes of the members of the Union (Especially the Leaders)
- How much HP you have, How much HP other Unions have, Status Ailments, etc
- How high your Union Moral is, and how high the overall Moral is
- Distance to the targeted enemy Union
- How long the battle has gone for
- If other Unions are already in a Deadlock with the targeted enemy Union
- How much AP you have

Which exact skills show up can be pretty random at times, but as you get farther into the game it will generally even out to be more reliable. You'll get a feel for when you can/can't do certain things and how to game the system to get what you want.

Most of the special arts (Omnistrike, Gae Bolg, etc) have some stricter requirements and tend to be more spotty as to when you get them. Note that only the Union's Leader can use special arts, so you need Rush/David/etc as a Leader if you want to get those commands.

Also something that's very helpful is that, when fighting multiple enemy unions, you can flip between them and look for better options to pick from (make sure to hit X to see what specific skills will get used). If all else fails, Play It By Ear tends to give good results. Make sure you read the top bar's description of each command type so you know what they do, some of them aren't as straight forward as they sound. Some commands worth mentioning:

- Stay on Your Toes: Whole party does Standby, which builds AP but otherwise does nothing.

- Recovery Your Health: You'll often see this on a group that has full HP, what it actually means is this Union will standby until another Union is hurt, then they will run over and heal them. Very, very useful. You will get this command almost all the time if your Union's leader is a Scout or Cleric.

- Be Our Shield: Makes part of the Union defend and the rest attack. Dramatically cuts down on how much damage you take, useful if you're buying some time to heal with other Unions.

Most of the rest are pretty straight forward. Do note that the game makes it sounds like breaking Deadlock is a horrible thing, but it's not really. All it does is makes the next attack on your Union for that turn take a step up, so a Deadlock turns into a Flank, a Flank turns into a Rear Assault, and otherwise you'll probably get Raidlocked. If you have a command to break Deadlock and heal, your heal will always go before you get attacked again. Also if you are in a Multi-Deadlock, it's generally completely safe to have one Union break from it.

Just a few more random bits and pieces:

- If your guys aren't getting the option to use healing items, make sure you didn't run out of them. It's easy to forget about this at times.

- Sell all Captured Monsters you keep. Once you've kept them, that's all they're good for.

- Rush can do pretty much whatever you want him to. Just keep in mind that it's best to pick what you want him to do early on and stick with it. It takes a LONG time to develop skills up to a high level.

- On the PC version, you can disable arts you don't want a character to use. Make sure you do this to avoid having characters waste their time using lovely arts or developing in a category you don't care about.

- If you get stuck, or your unions aren't doing what you want them to, there's a ton of flexibility with reorganizing your party and unions and formations. Mess around with it a lot and find something that works better. If you can't finish a specific side quest, you can always suspend it and finish it later.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo

McKracken posted:

The higher your multiplier, the more range Batman has, if your combo is sufficiently high, you can attack guys clear across the room.

Wow, I beat the game on hard and I never knew this. For some reason I guess I was under the impression it capped at about 5?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Wow, I beat the game on hard and I never knew this. For some reason I guess I was under the impression it capped at about 5?

gently caress no. It goes up beyond 50. Even more if you're suitably Batmannish. :smug:

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

Did you play any of the challenges? It's almost literally impossible to beat them without stringing together highly obscene combos. There's also trophies for reaching certain multipliers.

Apathetic Medic
Apr 22, 2010

Fun Shoe
I just picked up Brütal Legend, should I know anything before I head into the world of metal?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

McKracken posted:

Did you play any of the challenges? It's almost literally impossible to beat them without stringing together highly obscene combos. There's also trophies for reaching certain multipliers.

I can vouch that I beat the game on hard without ever breaking a combo of 20. I just couldn't do it. Bayonetta on the hardest setting? Cakewalk. Batman in a fight with more than 3 dudes? 10 minutes.

Apathetic Medic posted:

I just picked up Brütal Legend, should I know anything before I head into the world of metal?

When you get to the RTS section, and you'll know when your there, keep in mind you are absolutely always supposed to be fighting in the thick of it with your troops. Don't just hover above the battlefield, as thats a surefire recipe for disaster

Barudak fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jul 7, 2010

Not Clutch
Oct 21, 2008

by Ozma
I'm loosing health way to fast in Oblivion, and finding/buying health is hard, I'm at the first oblivion game, so literally just started. Every enemy I attack does a lot of damage to me before I can kill them. I can kill about 1-2 goblins before I need more health. What am I doing wrong? Should I go level up somewhere first?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Not Clutch posted:

I'm loosing health way to fast in Oblivion, and finding/buying health is hard, I'm at the first oblivion game, so literally just started. Every enemy I attack does a lot of damage to me before I can kill them. I can kill about 1-2 goblins before I need more health. What am I doing wrong? Should I go level up somewhere first?

Do you understand how leveling works? What skills did you take? Leveling is sort of a bad idea in the long run.

Not Clutch
Oct 21, 2008

by Ozma

Barudak posted:

Do you understand how leveling works? What skills did you take? Leveling is sort of a bad idea in the long run.

Acrobatics
Speechcraft
Heavy Armor
Block
Blade
Armorer
Athletics

As you use the skills they level right? I was thinking of just finding something easy to kill and getting my sword skill or whatever up. I should not be loosing health this fast.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Not Clutch posted:

You will need to learn how to minimize getting hit, make sure to use a shield judiciously, and try to dodge if possible. You can rest to fully restore your health as long as no enemies are around, and you should probably do so. Also, there's a good chance that if the enemies are way too hard for you, you probably shouldn't be in that area.

As Barudak said, the enemies in the game level with you, so if you are leveling up and not getting ranks in the right skills, the enemies will quickly overpower you and there's very little you can do about it. If you're level 15 with only rank 30 in armor/weapons, the enemies will be at level 15 with rank 60-70 armor/weapons, and you're not going to beat anything like that.

Not Clutch
Oct 21, 2008

by Ozma

Palleon posted:

You will need to learn how to minimize getting hit, make sure to use a shield judiciously, and try to dodge if possible. You can rest to fully restore your health as long as no enemies are around, and you should probably do so. Also, there's a good chance that if the enemies are way too hard for you, you probably shouldn't be in that area.

As Barudak said, the enemies in the game level with you, so if you are leveling up and not getting ranks in the right skills, the enemies will quickly overpower you and there's very little you can do about it. If you're level 15 with only rank 30 in armor/weapons, the enemies will be at level 15 with rank 60-70 armor/weapons, and you're not going to beat anything like that.

I can rest without using a bed? How do I do that, also I've just followed the main quest line, I'm at the first oblivion gate, I don't know how I can be underleveled.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

Not Clutch posted:

I can rest without using a bed? How do I do that, also I've just followed the main quest line, I'm at the first oblivion gate, I don't know how I can be underleveled.

If you're using the PC version, I think it's "T" or something like that? There's a button, look in the manual.

It's not a matter of being over or under leveled, this isn't a JRPG, you can't look at levels the same way, because that's not how they work. Whenever you gain a level, every other monster in the game levels up, what is more important are your skill ranks, and how they relate to your level.

Edit: Sitting around and hitting and blocking things for a while to raise those stats is not a bad idea however, especially if you are struggling. In fact, it is often worthwhile in Oblivion to give the main quest a break and specifically train certain skills prior to a level up. If you're playing the PC version though, I would strongly recommend modding it to a different leveling system, if you're playing the console version, you might want to read a guide about how levels work.

Palleon fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jul 7, 2010

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

I picked up Space Rangers 2 during the recent steam sale and in the short amount of time I've spent playing it, I took the human merchant start and was unable to even kill the drone thing in the tutorial before it killed me, and the only trades I managed to do at a profit were the ones in the tutorial before the drone part

any tips?

Astfgl
Aug 31, 2001

Not Clutch posted:

I can rest without using a bed? How do I do that, also I've just followed the main quest line

You can't rest without a bed. Without a bed you can only wait--you regain magic, but I don't think you regain any health.

As others have mentioned, the best way to play the combat is to block with your shield, but also watch the enemy. When the enemy moves to strike, step backward out of his reach (you may have to move farther back for enemies with longer weapons), and the enemy will not only miss you but they'll stumble.

While they're stumbling, you can get in a good 2-3 attacks (depending on how fast your weapon is) that the enemy won't be able to block or parry.

If you're having problem keeping your health up, train up your Alchemy skill and start making health potions and chugging them like mad during combat.

Not Clutch posted:

I'm at the first oblivion gate, I don't know how I can be underleveled.

Hahaha, welcome to Oblivion my friend.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
I'm pretty sure I did all the Brotherhood quests before I even touched the first Oblivion gate. :v:

A Real Happy Camper
Dec 11, 2007

These children have taught me how to believe.

a bunch of dudes posted:

:words:
Thanks a bunch. I'm not very good at getting combos yet, I think my highest so far is 8, but I'm still pretty early in the game.

Thanks a bunch for the Last Remnant advice, I'm playing it on PC and I'm already a sidequest whore so hopefully I won't miss much.

sexual rickshaw
Jul 17, 2001

I AM A SOCIALIST COMMUNIST MARXIST FASCIST FREEDOM-HATING NAZI LIBERAL CZAR!
I got my hands on Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled and Glory of Heracles via Goozex, any tips? (besides "lol don't play them lol")

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Machado de Assis posted:

I picked up Space Rangers 2 during the recent steam sale and in the short amount of time I've spent playing it, I took the human merchant start and was unable to even kill the drone thing in the tutorial before it killed me, and the only trades I managed to do at a profit were the ones in the tutorial before the drone part

any tips?

I just started playing it myself and have been trying to resist the temptation to use the built-in cheats.

For trading, look for planets with thumbs-up over trade goods. That means that they're selling them for less than normal. Once you find a planet like that, use the search option on the newsreader to search for other planets within your ship's jump range that are buying that same good for the highest price.

And on the character creation screen, you can pick two items that are upgraded versions of the normal items. The Rocket Launcher is a nice thing to start with.

GuavaMoment
Aug 13, 2006

YouTube dude

Captain Novolin posted:

Batman: Arkham Asylum?

No Riddler thing is permanently missable, though you can't collect everything until after you've dealt with Poison Ivy, at which point you're 98% through the plot of the game.

There is one secret Chronicle of Arkham that I don't think shows up until you've collected the rest of them. Figure out who the Chronicler is and go visit them for the last one.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

sexual rickshaw posted:

I got my hands on Black Sigil: Blade of the Exiled and Glory of Heracles via Goozex, any tips? (besides "lol don't play them lol")

Glory of Heracles:

It's very easy and very linear, so there's not much to worry about, but:

-You can't go back to previous areas, so make sure to explore thoroughly before leaving.

-Try to get all your characters the Pinnacle ability as soon as possible, and try and combine it with other good skills like critical or counter. It pretty much makes your party unstoppable.

-Every character can use either a shield or a subweapon, but the game's so easy that you can probably just blaze through everything with the increased power from the subweapons.

Hope that helps!

Big L
Oct 30, 2005

Fedora Emelianenko
Anything for Silent Hill 3 ?

Unboxing Day
Nov 4, 2003

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Anything about Super Metroid?

A page or two later, but there is one part of the game that is completely non-intuitive and resulted in me being stuck for quite a long time.

• Don't read the next clue until you've explored Maridia.
  • There is a lot more to Maridia than you've seen.
  • There is more than one entrance to Maridia.
  • The other entrance is in Brinstar.
  • Remember the clear glass tube at the bottom of Brinstar? Outside of that glass tube is the other two-thirds of Maridia.
  • In order to get outside the glass tube, you need to break it.
  • Use a super bomb inside the glass tube. After a moment or two, the tube will shatter and you'll be able to explore the other half of Maridia.

Fantastic game, but I have no idea how you're supposed to be able to figure that out using "Metroid Logic".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argon_Sloth
Dec 23, 2006

I PLAYED BATTLETOADS AND ALL I GOT WAS A RASH IN MY ASS

Emo Businessman posted:

A page or two later, but there is one part of the game that is completely non-intuitive and resulted in me being stuck for quite a long time.

• Don't read the next clue until you've explored Maridia.
  • There is a lot more to Maridia than you've seen.
  • There is more than one entrance to Maridia.
  • The other entrance is in Brinstar.
  • Remember the clear glass tube at the bottom of Brinstar? Outside of that glass tube is the other two-thirds of Maridia.
  • In order to get outside the glass tube, you need to break it.
  • Use a super bomb inside the glass tube. After a moment or two, the tube will shatter and you'll be able to explore the other half of Maridia.

Fantastic game, but I have no idea how you're supposed to be able to figure that out using "Metroid Logic".

If you go the long way into Maridia you'll pass through a room with the remains of a broken glass tube a couple of rooms before you hit the one you're supposed to destroy. You're supposed to figure out that it's part of that area based that chunk of the the map, it's exits in close proximity and the void it fills in the other area.

In case you can't figure it out, it's demonstrated in the game's attract mode. Which is triggered by leaving the system at the title screen.

Fun point of interest, you can shatter it early by moving after the explosion.