Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Bacon of the Sea posted:

It's awesome. I love the tiger stripes on the Korea kit too, I've not seen one in the flesh yet, are they that noticeable?

a) thanks!
I am really really chuffed with all the shirts.

b) Yeah, pretty much.
I took the pics were taken about a couple of hours ago;
so 7am European in the best patch of sunlight i could find (w/o walking more than 10 meters obviously)
So yeah, sunrise/normal daylight, plainly visible.

e&e2: new page and all that.
I begged my gf to wear the shirts for me, specifically for this thread.
I'm the monkey with the big shadow in all the pics

:D

url fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Jul 6, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

url posted:

Free coookie to anyone who read my posts and spots the obvious error on my part when I bought the Argentina shirts.

It's that you bought them along with Brazil shirts.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

CaptainRightful posted:

It's that you bought them along with Brazil shirts.

ha, no.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Aside from watching the actual sport, the shirts are my favorite part of soccer :)

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Anybody know how often Soccer Triads restocks? I want to get the new Inter away kit but they're all out.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Guesstimate Jones posted:

Aside from watching the actual sport, the shirts are my favorite part of soccer :)

If you like shirts for just looking cool, look for;

Marseille kits, any season.
Getafe's current kits.
Southampton kit for next season
Man City kits, basically anything Tailored by Umbro.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Why are the shirts on soccer.com so much more expensive than the ones on soccertriads?

I want to purchase my very first jersey, but I can never tell what's official and what's a lame knock-off :(

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

the posted:

Why are the shirts on soccer.com so much more expensive than the ones on soccertriads?

I want to purchase my very first jersey, but I can never tell what's official and what's a lame knock-off :(

soccertriads are knock-offs but good knock-offs

none of the expensive sites like worldsoccershop or subside sell knock-offs

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

the posted:

If you want it guaranteed then order either from the club shop, or somewhere like Kitbag

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

ibroxmassive posted:

If you want it guaranteed then order either from the club shop, or somewhere like Kitbag

to clarify, soccer.com is a decent choice equivalent of kitbag.com for the U.S. World Soccer Shop and Subside Sport are good too.

aellisr
Oct 11, 2007

Alveolar fibrosis don't give a damn.

the posted:

Also consider than when ordering through the triads/maxxsoccer avenue, it will take a while to get your merchandise. I just received a pair of shorts I ordered 8 weeks ago. My Spain (away) top, however, came in about 3 weeks. Suffice to say, order your club kits now for the Fall to guarantee people know you are a refined gentleman of discriminating tastes in athletics. Unless you are a state side Chelsea fan.....or any Chelsea fan for that matter. :argh:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

It just sounds like soccertriads/other fake sites just got flooded during the World Cup. In all honesty, considering how long they're taking to deliver from overseas, I'd just as much get a new kit in less than a week than wait for 8 weeks for a cheaper knock-off.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah it's worth keeping in mind that you aren't getting kits more than half-off for free, if that makes any sense

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

url posted:

ha, no.

The 1986 kits were made bey Le Coq Sportif anyway so it would have to be the 1978 kit.

url
Apr 23, 2007

internet gnuru

Shrapnac posted:

The 1986 kits were made bey Le Coq Sportif anyway so it would have to be the 1978 kit.

cookies to you sir!

but yeah, i now have an authentic replica 1978, so i also have an excuse to get a signed auth replica of the 86. Sometimes, a mistake is a good thing. :D

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

cadmaniak posted:

Do you mean these?
Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

If so yeah they're proper grooves. Don't know if this means its a real shirt then.

I think it's probably real. The fake ones I see everywhere have just grey lines in the fabric.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

cadmaniak posted:

My Germany Home shirt arrived today after 3 weeks :D marked as a gift as others have said. Quality is much better then I expected, could easily pass for real (if it isn't anyway). Had an official tag and everything, and the clima cool looks realistic too.

Yeah I got mine a couple of weeks ago. Had to buy one because that shirt is the best looking football shirt I've seen by a long shot, and I'm right there with you on the quality, this thing is amazing, especially for the price.

Word of warning, though: I got mine in an XL because that's what I usually wear and holy poo poo this thing is small. Like someone else said, it's the smallest XL I've ever seen, but I guess that's just good motivation to get fitter!

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10

New Reading kits have leaked via JD Sports, who put them on the site three days before they were launched.

While last season will forever be the year of the sailor, I'm a lot more keen on this season's new printer cartridge chic. Away kit's not bad but we were promised hoops, grey and black hoops with red trim would have been acceptable but like last year it looks like you're paying £35 for a whack of bland.

Big + points on the home kit though (and why every fan will love it) is that apparently it's proper hoops that go all the way round! Also despite being Puma we don't have an Italy belt buckle!

http://www.jdsports.co.uk/product/puma-reading-home-shorts-2010/11/01569/

Only thing I don't like is the blue shorts.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.

ibroxmassive posted:

Southampton kit for next season

Currently waiting on my long sleeve Southampton shirt. Absolutely love the look, hopefully it wears nicely but I really enjoy my Umbro City shirt from last year so I don't have much doubt.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

Taxes posted:

Currently waiting on my long sleeve Southampton shirt. Absolutely love the look, hopefully it wears nicely but I really enjoy my Umbro City shirt from last year so I don't have much doubt.

They decapitated football head man and put a 125 in his place, that's the only bit that looks wrong about it.

K-Block
Sep 4, 2008
Another SoccerTriads related post. Another purchase, another satisfied customer. Picked up an Altidore away US and a Robben home Netherlands. Haven't seen any of Oranje in here, so a few pics:

Back collar detail:

And size comparison to another Nike crew I own. Both are mediums:

The sizing looks really similar, the black crew beneath may have a touch bigger shoulder though. All in all, soccer triads was a good experience, took about three weeks, and the jerseys had less of the factory/musty smell than ECSeller or Jersey 101 jerseys I have previously ordered.

Taxes
Jan 26, 2010

From here, it's possible.

ibroxmassive posted:

They decapitated football head man and put a 125 in his place, that's the only bit that looks wrong about it.

Yeah, that's a bit disappointing as I've grown quite fond of that saintly ball.

CAMiasm
Oct 5, 2006

Go MC Saints!

CAMiasm posted:

so i exchanged a few more emails with sean.

he said your product has been shipped, and it should arrive this week.

i said cool, but google checkout told me this 3 weeks ago. i still want the tracking number

he said a tracking number is not available

it better arrive by the next usa game

so i still haven't received my jersey from soccer triads. i sent them an email 2 weeks ago threatening to cancel my order. they didn't respond, so i went ahead and put in a cancellation request through google checkout.

what a nightmare. i ordered the shirt on may 31 in case anyone is wondering

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

CAMiasm posted:

so i still haven't received my jersey from soccer triads. i sent them an email 2 weeks ago threatening to cancel my order. they didn't respond, so i went ahead and put in a cancellation request through google checkout.

what a nightmare. i ordered the shirt on may 31 in case anyone is wondering
I ordered a few days before you and only got the shirt last week. So yeah it takes a while, of course mine was a US Away instead of US Home and now I'm having a helluva time trying to get the damned guy to tell me where to ship it back and if he's going to ship a new home one immediately instead of waiting for mine to arrive.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

New Donny kit:

The stripe under the number is weird with it being thinner and I wish it was full hoops but other than that I think it looks pretty slick.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours

Russ posted:

booyah

yeah you literally got the same TeamWear kit as Hamilton congrats

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Ours has a better red :colbert:

limpet
Jul 12, 2005

Dapper doggy.
Does anyone know how quickly SoccerTriads pickup on the new shirt designs? I've been charged with getting a Spurs top for the father-in-law's birthday in August and I'm wondering if it'll be out anytime soon.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

limpet posted:

Does anyone know how quickly SoccerTriads pickup on the new shirt designs? I've been charged with getting a Spurs top for the father-in-law's birthday in August and I'm wondering if it'll be out anytime soon.
Be a good son-in-law and buy him the authentic.

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo

I'm way late in posting this but jesus the away kit is hideous.

Fat Turkey
Aug 1, 2004

Gobble Gobble Gobble!
If anyone knows where I can buy a Lorient shirt, released within the last few years, for a decent cheapish price to the UK, I would be very grateful. I can't find many and none of them are cheap.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Dear Sergio posted:

I'm way late in posting this but jesus the away kit is hideous.

If by hideous you mean awesome, yeah.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

wicka posted:

Nah, that things really hideous.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ibroxmassive posted:

Nah, that things really hideous.

Must be a weird British spelling or something.

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!

Russ posted:

yeah you literally got the same TeamWear kit as Hamilton congrats

The year before last Reebok's deal with the A-League meant every team had the exact same kit only in different colours. They're still with Reebok but now they allow stripes and other wacky kit ideas.

Augustus Rumpus
Sep 23, 2007

code:
McEnroe!
Will there be a new 3rd Gunners kit this season? Also

wicka posted:

K-Block
Sep 4, 2008
N'thing the love for the new Arsenal aways. Random question: how do people feel about shorts that don't match the main colour of the jersey? Like the burgundys with the yellow shirt. I love it personally.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Augustus Rumpus posted:

Will there be a new 3rd Gunners kit this season? Also

I think they're going to use last year's away.

Augustus Rumpus
Sep 23, 2007

code:
McEnroe!
Well if the sleeve cuffs and ringer weren't redcurrant as well, it'd be kinda weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

wicka posted:

Must be a weird British spelling or something.

I can't accurately describe what's wrong with that kit, but the yellow is too...biley and the whole thing looks like the colour scheme of a pub carpet. The neck looks oversized so the guy looks like Harry Hill, and it will do on most Arsenal players yet to bulk out.