Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Veg posted:

I think the whole thing was Jericho really really enjoyed their match but a couple of fans poo poo all over it and Jericho reacted like a baby.

Although Jericho later said he was joking and just trying to get a reaction out of the internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
They should have teamed him up with Simon Dean to make Nova-Kane

Graic
Feb 2, 2008

Fella Man

SiKboy posted:

Essentially pretty much none of the tag teams that Kane has been in apart from the Brothers of Destruction, and his team with Mankind have made much sense, from Kane/RVD (I dont remember what their relationship was supposed to have been. One gets blazed, the other lost his family in a blaze?) to Hurri-Kane (based if memory serves on the fact that both Kane and the Hurricane wear masks?).

Kane and RVD teamed up because RVD was high one time and thought it would be a good idea, and Kane is real laid back, so he thought gently caress it.

Kane and Hurricane teamed up because one night, Kane had a tag title shot against the Un-Americans, and needed a partner. So they had the newest member of the Raw roster be his partner, and it was The Hurricane. They got along great because of the fact they wore masks and liked using chokeslams.

Kane and Big Show had a similar premise. They were both up for a fan vote in a WWE title match, but weren't chosen and got a tag title shot as a consolation prize. They liked beating up people, so it worked out great.

Now Kane and CM Punk, I don't get that team. That one was pretty random.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Speaking of weird tag teams and Nova, how's about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4SjlGqk0q4#t=4m30s

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

Best odd man tag team, in terms of success, was Owen & Yokozuna. High flyer and the heaviest man on the roster, held the titles for over a year I think.

Less than half a year. They're a weird example, really; they won the tag titles their first night as a team, and were basically done as a team after they lost them.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Kane's tag teams work in this way:

Kane shows up at the arena one day and somebody tells him he is in a tag-team now. He shrugs and rolls with it, because he's Kane and he's immune to continuity, consequence or logic. Vince Russo has remained in the wrestling industry because he longs to return to WWE one day and study Kane in his natural habitat.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Golden Bee posted:

According to every interview I've read, the spread is really good. Plenty of biographies from people who went from WCW to WWE noted that the food was a lot better.
Hilarious considering most of them are just eating boneless, skinless, plain chicken breast and egg-whites.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?

LividLiquid posted:

Hilarious considering most of them are just eating boneless, skinless, plain chicken breast and egg-whites.

Not Tommy Dreamer I bet.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

DMPunk posted:

Not Tommy Dreamer I bet.

Or Matt Hardy.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The TNA catering must be catching up to WWE's because Jeff Hardy seems to be enjoying the gently caress out of it.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

SiKboy posted:

I'd arguably throw the million dollar man in there too.

Going back to Andre being a former WWF champ, DiBiase would have to be put in that rank too, although technically he didn't win it, it was surrendered to him after Andre won the "twin referee" match against Hogan.

Definitely Piper though, I wish he'd been given a title run back when he and Hogan were feuding, because they had some awesome storylines to work with. I'd even throw Paul Orndorff in, he was pretty good back in the day and could've had at least a short stint with the belt, but never got the chance (he never won any titles in WWF that I can recall, anyways).

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Mr. Carlisle posted:

The TNA catering must be catching up to WWE's because Jeff Hardy seems to be enjoying the gently caress out of it.

Why would someone like Jeff Hardy be inclined to eat large portions of food for no apparent reason?

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Which wrestlers, if any, have moved from WWE to TNA without being future endeavored, demoted to a farm league, or otherwise taken of WWE TV? Any?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lamuella posted:

Which wrestlers, if any, have moved from WWE to TNA without being future endeavored, demoted to a farm league, or otherwise taken of WWE TV? Any?

Christian comes to mind, he turned down a new contract, gave his notice that he was leaving, working without a contract so WWE wouldn't be left in the lurch in his last couple of weeks, and left under the best possible terms before joining TNA and eventually leaving them on his own terms to return to WWE.

Edit: Tommy Dreamer as well, he chose the time and method of his leaving WWE and did it under good terms. Tazz also left off his own bat, though he wasn't an active wrestler anymore.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Didn't Jeff Hardy leave on his own terms?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Hogan, Hardy, Nash, Angle (Sort of.), Raven, Christian, Flair, and RVD come to mind.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Moose Bigelow posted:

Why would someone like Jeff Hardy be inclined to eat large portions of food for no apparent reason?

High on life. I mean, listen to his theme song - this guy is obviously clear headed and has his poo poo together.

Alternate answer: No wellness policy, hooray!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Lone Rogue posted:

Didn't Jeff Hardy leave on his own terms?

I believe so, in fact I'm pretty sure that WWE offered him a lot of money to stay and pretty much guaranteed him the top spot (on Smackdown at least) and they were really loving lucky to dodge the bullet when he got arrested shortly after leaving.

Oh yeah, and RVD left WWE because he wanted more money and a set amount of time off each year that they wouldn't give him, but they still wanted him to remain and were offering him pretty drat good deals (comparative to others). RVD was one of the rare instances of a guy going out winning his feud (against Orton, I think?), plus he came back for that one night only spot where he destroyed Santino (I think) in a few seconds and told the interviewer backstage that he missed WWE but "not enough to come back just yet".

So there's Christian, Tommy Dreamer, RVD, Jeff Hardy and Tazz that I can think of.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Add Victoria to that list.

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Jerusalem posted:

I believe so, in fact I'm pretty sure that WWE offered him a lot of money to stay and pretty much guaranteed him the top spot (on Smackdown at least) and they were really loving lucky to dodge the bullet when he got arrested shortly after leaving.

Oh yeah, and RVD left WWE because he wanted more money and a set amount of time off each year that they wouldn't give him, but they still wanted him to remain and were offering him pretty drat good deals (comparative to others). RVD was one of the rare instances of a guy going out winning his feud (against Orton, I think?), plus he came back for that one night only spot where he destroyed Santino (I think) in a few seconds and told the interviewer backstage that he missed WWE but "not enough to come back just yet".

So there's Christian, Tommy Dreamer, RVD, Jeff Hardy and Tazz that I can think of.

Came back for a spot in the Royal Rumble last year as well.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

LividLiquid posted:

Hogan, Hardy, Nash, Angle (Sort of.), Raven, Christian, Flair, and RVD come to mind.

I wouldn't count Hogan, Nash, Raven, or Flair, since they're all guys WWE didn't want anymore (at least on a full-time wrestling basis for Hogan and Flair).

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

angle was fired

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ADRIEN GRODYS FIFE posted:

angle was fired
Nobody knows what happened to Angle but he and Vince McMahon. Anybody else is going on fourth-hand information based on conjecture.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

LividLiquid posted:

Nobody knows what happened to Angle but he and Vince McMahon. Anybody else is going on fourth-hand information based on conjecture.

I thought that situation was pretty out in the open. Which ties into an earlier post about no wellness policy in TNA and me sitting here wondering why WWE seems to be the only national promotion that gets bit so often by wrestlers OD'ing or going on murderous rampages.

I'm trying to think if anything like that happened with NWA or WCW, and what the ramifications would be for TNA if it happened to Angle now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

Angle was fired. Every story coming out of WWE has been consistent while Angle's story changes constantly and is absurd. Especially since if it was true, WWE would have sued TNA for contract tampering. So, basically Angle's version cannot be accurate. He was fired.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Angle and McMahon went into a room together. When they left they both had different stories. Angle kept making cryptic comments about "coffee" in open letters to McMahon and interviews and such. Then his story was "I wanted to take time off to get off painkillers. They made me work through it for three months while I put over Cena." which I don't buy at all. Taking time off isn't something Angle ever seems to want to do. Anyway, later on he said in that meeting McMahon put down Angle by telling him "An Olympic gold metal and a cup of coffee ain't worth poo poo." which is butchering the expression, but all the same...

Nobody from WWE has said anything about as far as I know aside from his "Have come to terms with" future-endeavor notice so I don't know where you're getting that information. It wasn't because of pain pills or he would've been put on the corporate wellness list.

Nobody really knows what went on in that meeting because Vince has no reason to talk about it and Angle changes his story all the time.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
He's also said that he had talked to Dixie Carter before the meeting and had decided to go to TNA and needed to get his release from TNA. And the WWE side was reported in the Observer and Figure 4, and later on when Angle kept talking poo poo I believe something came out from the WWE legal team or a PR person. I am not totally sure about that though.

But the WWE story in the newsletters has never changed and is far more plausible than any of Angle's stories. It is not hard to grasp.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

What is WWE's story again?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

LividLiquid posted:

What is WWE's story again?

That they told him to take time off go to rehab, he wouldn't so they fired him with the expectation he'd clean himself up and come back some day. Phrases like "He's the worst case we've ever seen" were included. This was right after he suffered three major injuries in one match at an ECW house show.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Then why did they not release him under a wellness violation?

Chop Licker
Apr 25, 2005

by mons al-madeen
"WWE Releases Olympic Gold Medalist for Violating Drug Use Policy, Drove American Hero to Substance Abuse"

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LividLiquid posted:

because they knew he was on poo poo without having him tested yet. you can't fire someone if they didn't take the test, and you can't selectively test him because that's profiling.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

The wellness policy was only a few months old at that point, I'm not sure they were specifying "was released due to a wellness policy violation" yet. It was a year after Angle's departure that they suspended ten people for wellness violations but refused to say which ten, and two months after that that they began releasing names when announcing violations.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

All good answers, I suppose. I just still think it's not out of the question that he wanted to leave. He works the schedule right now with TNA that he wanted from WWE.

honeymustard
Dec 19, 2008

Shut up cunt.
I haven't been watching any Smackdown lately - what happened to Punk's mystery guy with the mask/towel on his head? Wasn't it supposed to be Joey Matthews?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

honeymustard posted:

I haven't been watching any Smackdown lately - what happened to Punk's mystery guy with the mask/towel on his head? Wasn't it supposed to be Joey Matthews?

He still does run-ins regularly but the commentators don't even seem to blink when he does it, and there doesn't seem to be any attempt to create a sense of mystery over who he is.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
He's one of hundreds that Punk has saved. He doesn't really need a face.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

LividLiquid posted:

All good answers, I suppose. I just still think it's not out of the question that he wanted to leave. He works the schedule right now with TNA that he wanted from WWE.

I'm sure he did. At the time, they delegated him to working on ECW as almost a special attraction. In TNA, he was "the man" again.

TNA was actually the best possible thing for Angle.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
The masked man is Joey Mercury. If Kane gets a ladder, the SES is hosed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Lone Rogue posted:

I'm sure he did. At the time, they delegated him to working on ECW as almost a special attraction. In TNA, he was "the man" again.

The thing to remember was, at that point, they were attempting to push ECW as if it were on a equal level with Raw and Smackdown. It wasn't really until they moved Bobby Lashley to Raw that they pretty much made it the top rung of developmental. They wanted Angle, RVD, and Big Show to be the established guys who would build the brand.