Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PissChrist
Feb 21, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bill Corbett posted:

Rifftrax is announcing a big title next week.

Saw that on Bill's twitter account. Any ideas what they might be Riffing next?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

I'm hoping they've done Return of the King to finish up LOTR trilogy.

Universe Master fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jun 13, 2010

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

PissChrist posted:

Bill Corbett posted:

Contest over, but a further clue to our next big Rifftrax (to be announced next week): one riff is "Eat ghost, bitches!"

I'd say it's probably Return of the King.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

Ensign_Ricky posted:

I'd say it's probably Return of the King.

Oh god please. I've rewatched FoTR and TT a few times, and every time I want to pop RoTK on to listen to them destroy it and I'm disappointed every time.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I am carrying the eternal torch for GI Joe and Wolverine.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
They're going all out and it's going to be Citizen Kane.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Korak posted:

They're going all out and it's going to be Citizen Kane.
That'd be a good riff actually, along the same lines as Casablanca.

It's a wonderful film, but takes itself really seriously. The only problem I can forsee is its talkiness; not much space to riff in.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

PissChrist posted:

Big, duh. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/lord-rings-return-king

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAH

edit: this is the best movie poster they've done, especially Sauron with googly eyes

and the description is just loving perfect

quote:

One of the hardest things to do with a popular series is to give it the conclusion it deserves. Some of the greatest entertainment phenomenons of our time, be it The Sopranos, Lost or Hi Honey, I'm Home! have failed to give fans the closure that they, as uninvolved spectators watching at home for free, feel they are entitled to. The Lord of The Rings series, on the other hand has mastered the art of delivering a satisfying conclusion. And The Return of The King does it so well, in fact, that it decides to end seven or eight times.

The final chapter of one of the most beloved trilogies of all time finds our characters picking up where they left off. Frodo and Sam continue onwards towards Mt. Doom, despite Frodo increasingly appearing to Sam as a walking roast turkey. Aragorn faces down one of lifes toughest questions: whether to embrace his true destiny, or to combine three flavors of Combos into one bag and lay on the couch with his shirt off eating them. Gimli and Legolas have started an organic dog biscuit bakery in Vermont. And Mushmouth is futilely trying to convince the gang to make him the Buck Buck breaker instead of Fat Albert.

All the while, the fearsome Eye of Sauron is observing their movements in a style that can best be described as "pretty funny when you really think about it." There's also drunken table dancing, Elven poetry and a spider proboscis that you would best be served to never think about if you're ever considering venturing into the outdoors again.

The journey through Cirith Ungol is never an easy one, so it's best to join up with Mike, Kevin and Bill, who have their very own Light of Earendil*, tin of pipeweed**, and satchel of Lembas Bread***

*Can of Raid

**Big League Chew

***Bag of combos with three different flavors of Combos combined in it

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Jun 17, 2010

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST

Captain Invictus posted:

http://www.rifftrax.com/rifftrax/lord-rings-return-king

YEEEEAAAAAAAAAH

edit: this is the best movie poster they've done, especially Sauron with googly eyes

and the description is just loving perfect
I love the fact he's wearing the One Ring while holding the giant One Ring.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr
drat. I've been hoping for some more obscure surprises this year, but so far the 2010 Rifftrax releases have all been blockbusters.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

livingfruitvirus posted:

drat. I've been hoping for some more obscure surprises this year, but so far the 2010 Rifftrax releases have all been blockbusters.

As long as they're good I don't give a poo poo whether they're obscure or blockbusters.

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Captain Invictus posted:

As long as they're good I don't give a poo poo whether they're obscure or blockbusters.

If it's a bad blockbuster I'm down with it, like Twilight or Transformers, but if the movie is actually good then the riff does nothing for me, like Iron Man. Also, is there any reason there haven't been as many releases lately? By this time into last year we had 13 riffs, but in 2010 we've only had 7.

I've noticed they've been aligning riff releases with DVD releases, which makes me hope a Clash of the Titans riff is due at the end of July.

Tony Danza Claus posted:

I am carrying the eternal torch for GI Joe and Wolverine.

I'm surprised they haven't gotten to Wolverine. I've been hoping for 2012 myself, but something tells me they'll pass that off to Presents. That and Knowing. They don't give Nicolas Cage as much attention as I'd like.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

livingfruitvirus posted:

That and Knowing. They don't give Nicolas Cage as much attention as I'd like.

They are victims of success. Now they must try and out do the Wicker Man and its riff whenever they do a Nick Cage movie. An impossible task, of course.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Universe Master posted:

They are victims of success. Now they must try and out do the Wicker Man and its riff whenever they do a Nick Cage movie. An impossible task, of course.

They should just make Wicker Man references throughout any future Nic Cage movie.

"Bad Lieutenant? No, I'm the BEAR Lieutenant!"

"Bad Lieutenant? No, I'm the OH GOD THE BEES! Lieutenant!"

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
I'm watching Armageddon now and it's a decent riff, but, gently caress, the movie sucks.

Best riff so far:

"He's brainier than Kurt Cobain's ceiling."

E: Seriously, gently caress Michael Bay. A lot. And hard. In the rear end. With a bent crowbar.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jun 19, 2010

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

livingfruitvirus posted:

Also, is there any reason there haven't been as many releases lately? By this time into last year we had 13 riffs, but in 2010 we've only had 7.

They are doing a lot more shorts it seems like. Also, they've done a lot of live shows, and many of the features were extra long movies.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They really seem to do one or the other, mostly shorts or mostly features.

Also, speaking of shorts, if you haven't bought the Seatbelts one you're doing yourself a massive disservice.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Mister Kingdom posted:

A new short is up about taking care of your things.

Here's your hero:

There's also a talking pillow:

As well as a Romanian chess set and endlessly bad, looping Ren Faire music.

Enjoy!

I just got this one, and my god, that pillow is the thing nightmares are made of.

Well, that or Real Dolls.

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
There isn't a single 11 year old boy that wouldn't look at that pillow and think about loving it.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Korak posted:

There isn't a single 11 year old boy that wouldn't look at that pillow and think about loving it.

Uh...If my pillow turned into that and started talking when I was 11 I'd run screaming out of the room and never go back in there, but to each his own I guess.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Maybe I was a late bloomer, but I never thought about loving horrifying anthropomorphic talking nightmare fodder until I was at least, well, never.

Paradox Personified
Mar 15, 2010

:sun: SoroScrew :sun:
Anyone else get the e-mails about the Return of the King riff released today? Wheeee!

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
The ROTK rifftrax was pretty good, but I had completely forgotten about this until I saw that very homoerotic feeling end scene where Frodo wakes up after Mount Doom. Nothing can top that, even rifftrax couldn't.

(That's because it has Robocop.)

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

jeeves posted:

The ROTK rifftrax was pretty good, but I had completely forgotten about this until I saw that very homoerotic feeling end scene where Frodo wakes up after Mount Doom. Nothing can top that, even rifftrax couldn't.

(That's because it has Robocop.)

Why have I never seen this until now?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Rewatching Crystal Skull for the hell of it. I lose it every time Gruff Old Indy and that British professor are talking in Indy's house about how the people from the previous movie didn't sign on so their characters died, real somber moment, and Bill chimes in with the "da da DA DA da da daaaa" theme song.

Followed immediately by a closeup of the photo of Connery and Kevin goes, of course, "You're the man now, dog!"

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Gaseous Snake posted:

Why have I never seen this until now?
Because it isn't funny? *shrug*

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Saint Sputnik posted:

Rewatching Crystal Skull for the hell of it. I lose it every time Gruff Old Indy and that British professor are talking in Indy's house about how the people from the previous movie didn't sign on so their characters died, real somber moment, and Bill chimes in with the "da da DA DA da da daaaa" theme song.

Followed immediately by a closeup of the photo of Connery and Kevin goes, of course, "You're the man now, dog!"

Well the actor who played Marcus died in real life.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Yeah, it was kinda of somber because Marcus was actually dead.

Paranormal Activity was the most boring, irritating movie I've seen in the past 10 years and I can't believe it made as much money as it did. I could only sit through the rifftrax 15 mins at a time.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Plavski posted:

Because it isn't funny? *shrug*

No you're wrong.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Darko posted:

Yeah, it was kinda of somber because Marcus was actually dead.

Then the movie goes on to decapitate him in statue form. Classy. Shia's poo poo-eating grin when that happens pretty much encapsulates his whole role in the movie.

Swedgin
Aug 22, 2006

by exmarx

Saint Sputnik posted:

This and the lyrics to the theme song (when poor Harrison Ford is carefully jumping from storage box to storage box) are the best part of the riff. "Here we go now, really slow, nearly limping, 'cause he's old, old, old!"

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Swedgin posted:

"Here we go now, really slow, nearly limping, 'cause he's old, old, old!"

Old old old old, old old OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

That and "Need 'an education'? Come to 'a college'!"

e:

"Go left, go left!"

"No, that's just what those commies want you to do!"

I don't think I caught that the first time.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The latest short, "Are People All the Same?" has this interesting visual:

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
WHO though! WHO is the pussy face!?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

Vicissitude posted:

WHO though! WHO is the pussy face!?

Sadly, we'll never know. :(

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

I thought he was referring to Lisa | Johnny (before Lisa tore him apart)

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
The next live show has been announced - Reefer Madness.

I was really hoping for Jack the Giant Killer, but I'll take what I can get. They've promised to do Jack next year.

There will be three new shorts in addition to the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Since Netflix seems to get the dvd for the shows, I will just wait to watch it there. It's not like I haven't seen them do Reefer Madness before.

• Locked thread