Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dragging Iron Feet
Nov 10, 2007

by T. Finn

ColeM posted:

I've seen it at HMV when I look at the other DVDs. I want to buy it, but like the Hogan DVD, I won't buy it if it has the potential to be terrible. What's it like?
it's pretty good. i mean there's a WHOLE lot of bullshit that you would expect but it's a fun doco and you get a disc of vince matches so you can sit there and feel super uncomfortable during the vince vs steph i quit match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Dragging Iron Feet posted:

it's pretty good. i mean there's a WHOLE lot of bullshit that you would expect but it's a fun doco and you get a disc of vince matches so you can sit there and feel super uncomfortable during the vince vs steph i quit match.

Man, 2003 was such a lovely year. I'll check out the DVD when I see it next time, it looks sweet and with a whole bunch of Vince matches this might actually be worth while.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

dumb_jam posted:

The British Bulldogs had a bulldog named Matilda. Apparently the Islanders 'dognapped' it in a feud years before the Al Snow / Big Boss Man / Pepper angle.

You didn't read what you quoted, did you.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Does the Kennel from Hell match count?

dumb_jam
May 8, 2007

Golden Bee posted:

You didn't read what you quoted, did you.

No, somehow missed Matilda <lives up to username>

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

Golden Bee posted:

What are some really obscure animal/superstar entrances? Beyond the obvious ones (Jake The Snake/Damien, Koko/Frankie, Matilda, Steamboat/Komodo Dragons?)

Even one appearance with the animal counts. Hell, Chavo/Pepe counts.

All I can really think of is Al Snow and Pepper.

I can't remember if it was in WCW or the WWF, but the Steiners came out with a bulldog a few times

ninety
Mar 13, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

(and can't post for 3 years!)

Ok, this might be a long shot but I've got two question from my hazy, wrestling loving childhood. First, I went to a WWF event in Ohio for my birthday sometime in the '90s. The only specific thing I can remember was a tag-team match where some guy with dreadlocks was running between the ropes and his opponent grabbed one and ripped it out when he ran past him. I'd like to track down the show and it'd be nice if I at least had a name to work with, so tag team + wwf + dreadlocks + later '90s = ???

Secondly, I used to have a royal rumble match match on vhs. The only thing I can remember from it is there was a black guy that came out in some kind of a light blue bodysuit. This is memorable because when he came out he was all hyped up and was bouncing between the guardrails high fiving fans etc but was thrown out in about 3 seconds and I thought it was hilarious. I think he might've had 'blue' in his name, who was that guy? Super omega bonus points if you can tell me the specific shows the vagueness I described happened in.

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."

ninety posted:

Ok, this might be a long shot but I've got two question from my hazy, wrestling loving childhood. First, I went to a WWF event in Ohio for my birthday sometime in the '90s. The only specific thing I can remember was a tag-team match where some guy with dreadlocks was running between the ropes and his opponent grabbed one and ripped it out when he ran past him. I'd like to track down the show and it'd be nice if I at least had a name to work with, so tag team + wwf + dreadlocks + later '90s = ???

The Road Dogg had dreads, so it was probably a New Age Outlaws match. Crush had dreads also, but I don't remember if the Nation ever did tag matches, but he is another possibility.

quote:

Secondly, I used to have a royal rumble match match on vhs. The only thing I can remember from it is there was a black guy that came out in some kind of a light blue bodysuit. This is memorable because when he came out he was all hyped up and was bouncing between the guardrails high fiving fans etc but was thrown out in about 3 seconds and I thought it was hilarious. I think he might've had 'blue' in his name, who was that guy? Super omega bonus points if you can tell me the specific shows the vagueness I described happened in.

Flash Funk maybe? First black guy that wore a bodysuit around that period that comes to mind

Carlton Banks fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 11, 2010

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

ninety posted:

If it was late-90's it was probably Road Dogg, who had cornrows. Could be The Godfather or Droz. Road Dogg and Godfather both had extensions, so those could easily come out. Not sure what answer you want past that. Was this a PPV, and if so do you remember anything else like a main event to narrow it down? Even a specific year, if it was a PPV, would help. If it was like mid-90s I think that's when Man Mountain Rock was around. Or Duke "The Dumpster" Drose but I don't remember if he had dreadlocks at that time.

Sounds like Flash Funk, aka 2 Cold Scorpio. Unless it was late 1998 or early 1999 and maybe it was Koko B. Ware in the Blue Blazer costume during the "Owen Hart is the Blazer but isn't" angle, but I don't think he was in the Rumble.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

ninety posted:

I don't know when your birthday is or where in Ohio you went, so I cannot help you much more specifically than this: http://www.thehistoryofwwe.com/results.htm

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

This is kind of a broad question but, what is the worst bump a wrestler has taken? A real bump, not a botched spot

I would say that the Powerbomb Mick Foley took on the floor from Vader was pretty terrible.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Beer_Suitcase posted:

This is kind of a broad question but, what is the worst bump a wrestler has taken? A real bump, not a botched spot

I would say that the Powerbomb Mick Foley took on the floor from Vader was pretty terrible.

Owen.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

At one point in a MiTB match, I forget which one, Carlito and... I think Kennedy? do a heel team up and push Shelton off a ladder. He falls off the ladder, out of the ring, and onto a ladder on the outside.

It was such a bad bump that Carlito and Kennedy literally stare in surprise at him on the floor, then at each other.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Endorph posted:

At one point in a MiTB match, I forget which one, Carlito and... I think Kennedy? do a heel team up and push Shelton off a ladder. He falls off the ladder, out of the ring, and onto a ladder on the outside.

It was such a bad bump that Carlito and Kennedy literally stare in surprise at him on the floor, then at each other.

That was the "Mom always told us never to play Money in the Bank in the house :gonk:" spot at WrestleMania 24.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Timby posted:

That was the "Mom always told us never to play Money in the Bank in the house :gonk:" spot at WrestleMania 24.

The bump: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=341668898

The aftermath: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=341669572

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Carlito doing his finisher to someone off of a ladder. In case you do not know his finisher, it involves him jumping on his opponents back with his knees pinned to their lower back. Then dropping on his own back. It looked retarded and looked like a lovely finisher, too.

I saw it in a 2009 "Don't try this at home" PSA.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Do you mean worst as in shittiest looking, or worst as in physically harshest on the wrestler bumping without it being a botch?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

It was so bad it bumped all three men out of the company.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Fallon posted:

Do you mean worst as in shittiest looking, or worst as in physically harshest on the wrestler bumping without it being a botch?

It allegedly got him addicted to painkillers.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Beer_Suitcase posted:

If anybody has seen the King of Europe Cup from a while back, this will be stuck in your head - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-kYw5Lmt9M

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Right guy, wrong bump. Has everyone somehow forgotten KOTR '98?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
Owen Hart

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"
I was going to say Misawa, but just thinking about it made me all :smith:.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

apsouthern posted:

If anybody has seen the King of Europe Cup from a while back, this will be stuck in your head - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-kYw5Lmt9M

Holy gently caress. Tell me he didn't get up and finish the match?

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

TL posted:

Holy gently caress. Tell me he didn't get up and finish the match?

He did, the best part is that it happened AGAIN in another match later on

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

Dylar Addict posted:

:gonk:

There was a spot Benoit and I think Angle had in one of their matches where Benoit goes to suicide dive out of the ring into Angle and Angle just winds up and home-run swings a steel chair right into Benoits face. I have no idea what match it was from but I've seen the clip a bunch and good god is it ugly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Dylar Addict posted:

I am pretty sure he has botched that way at another show too.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

LightsGameraAction posted:

There was a spot Benoit and I think Angle had in one of their matches where Benoit goes to suicide dive out of the ring into Angle and Angle just winds up and home-run swings a steel chair right into Benoits face. I have no idea what match it was from but I've seen the clip a bunch and good god is it ugly.

didn't he end-over-end his back into a table against booker?

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?
It certainly isnt the worst bump ever, but god drat, the bumps Shane McMahon took against Kurt Angle at KOTR was loving sick. It wasnt so much the bumps thru the glass, but the bumps where Shane didnt go thru the glass.

That match and the JBL/Eddie match where Eddie turned into a bloody mess haunt my dreams.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

LightsGameraAction posted:

Jericho/Benoit, ladder match at Rumble '01. He actually blocks it pretty well with his arms, but it still looks nasty.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
Alright, so I want to relive the entire Ministry of Darkness angle. Where to I begin?

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

The A-Team Van posted:

Alright, so I want to relive the entire Ministry of Darkness angle. Where to I begin?

Well, it depends

Technically you would start when Paul Bearer returned in '97 telling Undertaker about Kane

More realistically probably King of the Ring 98

Brickhouse Betty
Sep 11, 2001

Well well well

El Duke posted:

Jericho/Benoit, ladder match at Rumble '01. He actually blocks it pretty well with his arms, but it still looks nasty.

It looks SICK AS HELL, because you can actually see Benoit's flight speed slow down when the chair cracks into him. And then he bonks his head into the guardrail on his way to the floor.

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Brickhouse Betty posted:

It looks SICK AS HELL, because you can actually see Benoit's flight speed slow down when the chair cracks into him. And then he bonks his head into the guardrail on his way to the floor.

Watching Benoit matches in hindsight has to be the most cringe inducing thing possible.

I go through the Hard Knocks DVD (THAT loving TITLE) and shudder at least once a match

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?
Not only do I have no issues watching Benoit matches, I can still enjoy them cause he loving ruled. Benoit was awesome regardless if he murdered people. That just gives him more credibility! He died living his gimmick. Can't go out any better than that.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DMPunk posted:

Can't go out any better than that.

Kenta Kobashi chopping the gently caress out an endless army of demons to keep them from breaking into our world and bringing about the end of days.

Oh poo poo I gave away the ending!

El Axo Grande
Apr 2, 2005

by T. Finn

Jerusalem posted:

Kenta Kobashi chopping the gently caress out an endless army of demons to keep them from breaking into our world and bringing about the end of days.

Oh poo poo I gave away the ending!

reminder that Kobashi squashed cancer in a deathmatch

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

Dylar Addict posted:

reminder that Kobashi squashed cancer in a deathmatch

Problem with cancer is it always has a rematch clause. You just never know when it will enforce it.

Wojtek
Oct 17, 2008
Batista is literally cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Wojtek posted:

Batista is literally cancer.

So thats how his wife got it!