Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
Does anyone remember the link for the soccer triads who do American sports? I remember someone posted it 80 odd pages back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Bacon of the Sea posted:

Does anyone remember the link for the soccer triads who do American sports? I remember someone posted it 80 odd pages back

http://www.minejerseys.com does NFL jerseys. I'm close to ordering a Ravens one because I refuse to spend $75 on a real one.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bacon of the Sea posted:

My friends have had amazing luck with The Best Jersey.com. The NFL jerseys they got (a group went in on a group order) looked really good, US$30 for jerseys that would go for $120 or so if they were "real."

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Figured this would be the best place to ask.

I'm currently looking for a jersey but I'm unsure of the size best for me. I'm always stuck between a large and XL. I'm about 6ft, 180~lbs average build. It's a Nike brand jersey if that helps.

I have an old knockoff XL jersey that fits fine, but I have no idea if those would be measured in the same way an authentic Nike brand would.

I'd prefer it fit a little big than be a little too small obviously. I just didn't know if the Nike extra larges tended to be pretty big you know?

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular
When it comes to soccer jerseys, if you think you MIGHT prefer an extra large, you will. Assuredly.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

ShimSham posted:

Figured this would be the best place to ask.

I'm currently looking for a jersey but I'm unsure of the size best for me. I'm always stuck between a large and XL. I'm about 6ft, 180~lbs average build. It's a Nike brand jersey if that helps.

I have an old knockoff XL jersey that fits fine, but I have no idea if those would be measured in the same way an authentic Nike brand would.

I'd prefer it fit a little big than be a little too small obviously. I just didn't know if the Nike extra larges tended to be pretty big you know?

you'll be xtra large. In 6'3" 155 lbs and have a large and it fits pretty well, baggy but for someone bigger who wants it loose you want the size up

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Awesome, thanks guys. That's kind of what I was expecting but I wanted to ask around first.

Works out great for me. One website only had XLs in the jersey I preferred. (Barca's 07/08 kit) And since it's older it's also considerably cheaper than a 10/11 kit with the yellow collar I'm not crazy about. If I thought a Large was going to be the best fit then I was just going to go with the 10/11 kit.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jul 10, 2010

TomSellek
Jan 31, 2008
Arrogant, dumb, meat headed and stubborn. Please disregard and move on.

Lyric Proof Vest posted:

6'3" 155 lbs

drat dude start eating and hitting the weights gotta get some swole on.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
Keep an eye on the soccertriads clearance section, looks like they are getting rid of a lot of left over or canceled world cup orders. I snagged an Edu away for £9 :)

Bacon of the Sea
Oct 17, 2008

Dog Suicide Bridge BBQ Team 2k10
cheers for the links chaps!

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo

Was Taters posted:

When it comes to soccer jerseys, if you think you MIGHT prefer an extra large, you will. Assuredly.

I can absolutely say this is not the case. I got an XL 07/08 Arsenal home kit and it fits me like a loving tent. It's fine to play in but I'd say unless you are really fat you won't need an XL.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

ShimSham posted:

Awesome, thanks guys. That's kind of what I was expecting but I wanted to ask around first.

Works out great for me. One website only had XLs in the jersey I preferred. (Barca's 07/08 kit) And since it's older it's also considerably cheaper than a 10/11 kit with the yellow collar I'm not crazy about. If I thought a Large was going to be the best fit then I was just going to go with the 10/11 kit.

Why not just go to a store that carries Nike shirts and try one on to see the right size?

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

DR AIDS posted:

Why not just go to a store that carries Nike shirts and try one on to see the right size?

Most shirts you'll find at sporting goods stores in the US are not the real thing.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

DR AIDS posted:

The pro game already isn't very popular in the U.S as a whole, much less in the southeast, where I live. I can't remember the last time I found a pro jersey in a local store. It's all American Football and Basketball.

Hieronymus Bosch
Feb 26, 2008

ShimSham posted:

The pro game already isn't very popular in the U.S as a whole, much less in the southeast, where I live. I can't remember the last time I found a pro jersey in a local store. It's all American Football and Basketball.

Go to Sports Authority or Academy. Or Google for a soccer shop in your area. "I live in Southeast USA" is not an excuse. I live in Texas and have plenty of places to go to. You'll have a place that sells a soccer shirt somewhere.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

ShimSham posted:

If there are any outlet malls or factory stores near you, check to see if there's a Nike one. I grabbed an older Barcelona jersey from one last spring for $30ish.

Alternatively, look for any indoor soccer facilities, they generally sell gear as well.

DR AIDS
Nov 4, 2008

No shits will be given

Dear Sergio posted:

Most shirts you'll find at sporting goods stores in the US are not the real thing.

Oh I live next to a Nike Town perhaps I'm a bit spoiled in that regard.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Dear Sergio posted:

How so?

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe
If anyone is intrested soccertriads is having a sale in their clearance section with some England Jerseys. Crouch Lennon and Gerard, are all in there as well as the white England long sleeve. 13$

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dear Sergio posted:

yes sometimes they sell T-shirts or some bizarre "replica" jerseys but all of the jerseys for every team sport I can think of have been "real," they might just be replica styles (like the cheapest screen-printed NFL and NBA jerseys) or have very limited selection of real ones. I can assure you that the Dick's Sporting Goods near me has the same USA national team jerseys that you can order off of soccer.com, World Soccer Shop, etc.

Last time I was at Dick's, I checked, and the U.S. jersey did have the printed "DTOM" logo behind the US shield. I think that's pretty "real."

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Twlight posted:

If anyone is intrested soccertriads is having a sale in their clearance section with some England Jerseys. Crouch Lennon and Gerard, are all in there as well as the white England long sleeve. 13$

Might need to get that Gerard for cleaning my car. It'd be more service than he provided during the WC.

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

Mickolution posted:

How so?

Like Harper said, they're mostly just cheap "replica" shirts.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dear Sergio posted:

huh? Unlike American football (college or NFL), basketball, or baseball, there's really not much "tiering" within replica soccer shirts. Some teams and companies allow you to buy what teams wear on the field (you can sometimes find this for adidas or Nike, and I think Kappa shirts are the same as team wear), but usually there's only one kind of "replica" shirt available for a club. Sometimes in the U.S. you also get t-shirts or jersey shirts, but it's not that common; most of what you find are "real" (in this case meaning actually made by the company, as opposed to like Soccer Triads stuff) shirts same as what you'd find imported or online.

[edit] what I mean is that this is the same as this and this.

harperdc fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jul 11, 2010

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Soccer specific shops have even more variety than just Nike and Adidas. For example, Tursi's or The Far Post in Portland usually stock jerseys for quite a few international sides as well as club teams that aren't Arsenal, Man U, Barca or Celtic (though they have those too). I love the clearance rack at Tursi's there are usually interesting kits for a decent price.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
drat it, I need to find a US shop that has a Germany Away Jersey for Klose in Medium. Soccer.com is sold out. Worldsoccershop.com is sold out. Will I ever get my jersey? :(

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Dear Sergio posted:

Do you mean they're not what the players wear? Because that's the case everywhere. Or do you mean they're illegal knockoffs?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

the posted:

drat it, I need to find a US shop that has a Germany Away Jersey for Klose in Medium. Soccer.com is sold out. Worldsoccershop.com is sold out. Will I ever get my jersey? :(

if your talking about the real one, good luck, its been sold out everywhere for over a month.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Anyone who orders from soccer.com or Worldsoccershop can help me with this. I'm ordering one of the new Arsenal home kits but it's on presale. I'm just curious if you're billed straight away or billed when it's in stock and ships?

e: Actually, I can't decide if I want the home or away. I really like them both.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jul 11, 2010

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Akileese posted:

Anyone who orders from soccer.com or Worldsoccershop can help me with this. I'm ordering one of the new Arsenal home kits but it's on presale. I'm just curious if you're billed straight away or billed when it's in stock and ships?

e: Actually, I can't decide if I want the home or away. I really like them both.

I'm pretty sure they charge when it ships. I have something on pre order now and on my Card it shows my available credit as decreased by the amount, but it hasn't shown up on my balance.

Also, type in 1GOAL as a coupon code and for orders over $75 I think, you get free shipping AND a free Jabulani replica ball size 5. Unless they stopped that promotion here in the past few days, it should still work. It did for me on Wednesday or so.

ShimSham fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jul 12, 2010

jerseyboyji
Aug 7, 2006
ugh do i hate hair pussys
So does anyone think the foreign jersey companies like tara and triads are gonna go jersey crazy for the Henry to RBNY transfer similar to the Becks to LA? I really need a new metro jersey..

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

ephex posted:

if your talking about the real one, good luck, its been sold out everywhere for over a month.

I am.

Is there any risk of it being sold out like... forever? :( I mean, he's retiring from international football. Are they going to have some in a few weeks do you think?

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

the posted:

I am.

Is there any risk of it being sold out like... forever? :( I mean, he's retiring from international football. Are they going to have some in a few weeks do you think?

Almost definitely.

Stim
Sep 6, 2006

We are not feeling edgy; the system is feeling nervous.
You might remember I posted the leaked shots of the Milan players wearing the kit. All the kits seemed a little strange. Well two of them are up on the official website now.

Away kit is fantastic. Collar is very classy, it's pretty simple but parts of it really stand out. Can't wait to see what the long sleeve version will look like.

Third kit isn't so bad. Looks much better than the leaked shots suggested.

Still no sign of the home kit sadly.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Stim posted:

That is ace; the third isn't bad but it reminds me too much of a PSG kit. Still pretty sweet. I have high hopes for the home kit now.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Was Taters posted:

Almost definitely.

Wait, were you answering my first question or my second?

Mr.AARP
Apr 20, 2010

I was born after Kurt Cobain died. Now you feel old.

That imprint on the collar is frickin' sweet.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

the posted:

I am.

Germany are going to be using this shirt for a while, so if you can wait a month or two, you should be able to get one.

also that Milan third kit looks kinda like a training top :v:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I like the Adidas stripes in the milan colors on the white away.

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

It appears that the leaked United kit which surfaced a few months ago is the real thing, having been accidentally put on the Nike website.

I rather like it. We've had some terrible shirts this last decade, but these last two have been nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daniel
Jan 30, 2004

Dignified.

Umbriago posted:

I rather like it. We've had some terrible shirts this last decade, but these last two have been nice.

When I see it like that, I can live with it.