Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:!:

apparently to put a colon into wikipedia you have to use {{!:}}

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H264#Profiles

how it looks:
High 4:2:2 Profile (Hi422P)
how you type it:
High 4{{!:}}2{{!:}}2 Profile (Hi422P)

and now somebody wants to delete that so there are ‹See Tfd› everywhere

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
just added the pic to this page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Brule

completely ignored the no fair use rule :cool:

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

and now somebody wants to delete that so there are ‹See Tfd› everywhere

im pretty sure half the editors are really just trolls

like how can you tell the difference between a real sperg and someone who wants to make wikipedia lovely with really odd reasoning

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

why did wikipedia decide this bullshit is a good idea: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Tutorial_%28Formatting%29

hmm yes instead of using <b>for bold</b> or something like that, let's use '''three apostrophes'''

surely using common punctuation marks for important formatting won't ever cause problems

The Harvard Comma
Apr 21, 2009

Highlights of his global tour include encounters with Nelson Mandela, an 800-year-old demigod and a dildo collector.

RZApublican posted:

love-shyness:

the love-shy men of wikipedia, ladies and gentlemen

related articles:

Attachment theory (psychology)
Asperger syndrome
Asexuality

Avoidant personality disorder
Body dysmorphic disorder
Castration anxiety
Codependency
Emotional abuse
Erotophobia
Gynophobia
Involuntary celibacy

Limerence
Low self esteem
Nice guy
Obsessive love

Psychological trauma
PTSD or Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Relationship breakup
Sexual frustration
Shyness
Single (relationship)
Social anxiety
Social phobia
Vagina Dentata

Unrequited love

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

^ next stop unrequited love

Talk:Cheek

Untitled

Isn't the picture on this page possibly cruel? A teenager with "prominent cheeks"?

I don't think so. She is my girlfriend and she is OK with it. :) Yupanqui 00:17, 9 April 2006 (UTC)

I took the liberty to add (puffy) to the description of her cheeks. "Puffy cheeks" is IMHO a good way to describe massive cheekage of the cute, rodent-like kind. 84.209.4.79 21:12, 27 June 2007 (UTC)

She's really hot. Can I have her when you're done with her? :) 79.71.235.129 (talk) 12:52, 12 April 2009 (UTC)

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jul 9, 2010

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Bladez636

people like this are the most worthless wikipedia users
even worse than the spergs

edit: gently caress he says he has aspergers my post is undone

jesus loving christ:

The Working Man's Barnstar
I award you this barnstar for your effort in adding all the cameo information to List of characters in Invader Zim. I see that you spent several hours on it and it is very useful having all that information in one place. Thank you! ●BillPP (talk|contribs) 12:24, 1 April 2007 (UTC)

information about a cartoon show is very useful indeed

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

RZApublican posted:

She's really hot. Can I have her when you're done with her? :) 79.71.235.129 (talk) 12:52, 12 April 2009 (UTC)

Perhaps he has nuts he would like to store for the winter.

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

felonious assault with a sproinging boner
"Most often, "nice guys" spend a lot of time in the friend zone."

- wikipedia

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

JawnV6 posted:

i can't talk to women because of crippling personal issues but OMG THEY SUCK

seriously tho, and who has time to cater to the problem of "total number of remote controls under female control?"

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

acker posted:

"Most often, "nice guys" spend a lot of time in the friend zone."

- wikipedia

if you've ever used the "i ended up in the friend zone bc i'm a nice guy" rationalization, grow some balls.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

you only end up in the friend zone if the girl basically sees you as another woman

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Sometimes I want to troll the talk pages for stuff like Involuntary Celibacy but then I realize that it would be totally lost on anyone who reads them.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Europe already has a handle on the involuntary celibacy problem, some countries literally supply hookers to people unable to normally procure sex

Some guy in D&D said his down syndrome brother gets one in his country :barf:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Unrequited love

well, the article is just a list of examples in fiction, let's have a look at the talk page

quote:

Cardcaptor Sakura

I added about Tomoyo's unrequited love for Sakura in the TV section. This might be important since I didn't see it listed.. anyways. 24.129.239.143 06:35, 26 August 2007 (UTC)

Hello, guess what? I will eliminate your contribution, because the case of Sakura and Tomoyo is a platonic love, as Sakura never realized that her friend was in love with her. The unrequited love refers to a refused love. Yes, this is cruel, but say good-bye to your text. Happy day. 200.71.186.110 23:00, 19 September 2007 (UTC)

Urm, no. Platonic love is a love for a friend in a non physical sense. The way best friends "love" each other. It doesn't mean soemone that secretly loves someone else. So, that should probably be returned. Don't know the show and can't find the removal though so can't do it myself. 172.189.250.22 22:41, 28 October 2007 (UTC)

You can go to the history of the article (see beside edit this page). But I insist: Sakura never realized the real intentions of her friend Tomoyo, so it's not strictly correct to say that Sakura "refused" her friend's love. That's the main detail. Confusions like this one come because anyone is fool enough to have wrong and unrealistic impressions about his/her favorite series. That's, by the way, the reason I removed two series from the category yuri (lesbian japanese animated series, for the common terms). Misinterpretations are annoying sometimes, you know. Twicemost (talk) 06:39, 18 November 2007 (UTC)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

ahaha wikipedia e/n

quote:

Y DOESNT SHE LOVE ME?

I dont no how this works wif wikipedia so if i stuff it up im sorri to like everyone who reads this. I have loved this girl for eleven years. She is the most beautiful person I have ever met. Not just with her looks ethier but with her personality too. We went through primary skool together and now that we are both at single sex secondary schools it is harder for us to see each other much any more. The main problem is that she loves my best mate and he loves her back. I have loved her for so long and she knows this but it doesnt make a difference to how she thinks of me. I would do anything for her. I would die to keep her from harm. I would never play footy again for her to love me the way I love her. This is stupid but it seems like such a betrayl of my best mate to go out with her when I have loved her for years before they even met. I have always been there for her but it doesnt make a difference. She is so kind, caring, wonderful and selfless but the one thing i want most is for her to love me which she never will. I know you might think that its stupid that a teenager could know about unreciprical love or whatever it was but I do. Every day I talk to my mate at Lunch time and the first thing he says is about her. Always. It hurts so much to see them holding hands when I know she will never want to hold my hand. It nearly kills me to see her kiss him when I know I will never feel the touch of her lips. I see her every day but sometimes I think that she doesnt see me. We are friends but that is all we are ever going to be. I love her. She doesnt love me =[ —Preceding unsigned comment added by 202.87.173.9 (talk) 15:51, 30 December 2007 (UTC)

Chin up man. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 82.46.111.73 (talk) 04:17, 3 January 2008 (UTC)

The story of my life. I've never had reciprocated love. It's truly wretched. My longest obsession (so far)was for two years. The only thing I can really say is that you mustn't think you're alone. I would like to give advice on how to win her, but as I've never been able to, my word doesn't really count for anything. Yes, I'm also a teenager, and of course it's perfectly possible for teenagers to experience unreqited love. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 86.134.117.98 (talk) 21:30, 16 March 2008 (UTC)

I'm there to. Tis sucks. MichaelCody89 03:02, 29 March 2008 (UTC) —Preceding unsigned comment added by MichaelCody89 (talk • contribs)

This seems to be unrelated to the article, I say in should be deleted. (this is not a chat room). I'm just not sure on the policies regarding talk pages. BrainMagMo (talk) 18:07, 16 July 2008 (UTC)

Of course it has nothing to do with the article and violates Wikipedia policy, but it's touching. Please let it stay. Telos (talk) 01:52, 14 August 2008 (UTC)

I second that. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 69.150.181.180 (talk) 00:42, 5 September 2008 (UTC)

Also agreed Dolphineclipse (talk) 06:44, 27 December 2008 (UTC)

"I would never play footy again for her to love me the way I love her." Wow, you must really love her :D —Preceding unsigned comment added by 80.47.186.36 (talk) 12:44, 28 March 2009 (UTC)

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

i'll never play footy again

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

RZApublican posted:

ahaha wikipedia e/n

i just jumped off a bridge because i lost the will to live

Tis sucks.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

RZApublican posted:

Unrequited love

well, the article is just a list of examples in fiction, let's have a look at the talk page

jesus this block looks so good

quote:

Cardcaptor Sakura

I added about Tomoyo's unrequited love for Sakura in the TV section. This might be important since I didn't see it listed.. anyways. 24.129.239.143 06:35, 26 August 2007 (UTC)

Hello, guess what? I will eliminate your contribution,
like that's exactly how it should go and then :barf:

quote:

because the case of Sakura and Tomoyo is a platonic love, as Sakura never realized that her friend was in love with her. The unrequited love refers to a refused love. Yes, this is cruel, but say good-bye to your text. Happy day. 200.71.186.110 23:00, 19 September 2007 (UTC)

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Meat_stubs

i don't really think this is worthless, i just laughed at the name of the category

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_World's_second_oldest_profession

Meat Beat Agent
Aug 5, 2007

cool, an article with almost as many references as words

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

acker posted:

Barin_in_a_vat_(en)_v2.png

z0rge Costanza
Jul 30, 2006

My posting...it's shit Jerry! Shit!

acker posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Meat_stubs

i don't really think this is worthless, i just laughed at the name of the category

lol

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

what's a low-importance article under the aegis of WikiProject Christianity and the Christmas task force?

the home alone nes game

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

what does home alone the nes game have to do with christianity, other than being set during the holiday season

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

The Harvard Comma posted:

Limerence

there was a great helldump thread about some goon who constantly said they had this.

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:IPod_Touch/Archive_5#Product_is_not_colloquially_called_iTouch

The iPod touch page is a constant edit war of people trying to add something saying that bloggers colloquially call it an "itouch" and their changes getting reverted

Wit_sponge
Dec 29, 2008

FUUUCK
ugh i just read the entirety of this poo poo,

gently caress assburgers

Pthag
Dec 10, 2005
This man is my new favourite wikisperg. He put this up on the talk page for the article about dirty words in Latin which is probably one of the best pages on wikipedia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Latin_profanity#profanity.3F

quote:

This is correct. Profane language strictly speaking is not the same as obscene language. Taboo references to body parts and functions are obscene. Profanity is something else, it does not respect religion. We all have the same body parts and functions, but we do not all have the same religion. I'd be hard pressed to think of a people that did not find constant reference to bodily functions annoying and improper in polite conversation, or did not refer to them when they wished to be shocking. I think that is something we have in common. Profanity, on the other hand, is a totally different matter. It depends on who is defining it. If you are not acquainted with someone else's religion you might find that you are being totally profane and horrifying without even knowing it. Such statements, inadvertent or not, have cost people their lives. This article is really quite unacceptable. Its author(s) betray not only a preoccupation with the confrontations of youth over matters we consider vulgar but also a disrespect for religion in general and Christianity specifically. Do you really want us to think the Christian religion is responsible for western in general and French in particular profane language? Give us a break. Go have another argument with your parents, leave us out of it. The article is certainly completely wrong. Obscene language was certainly much less shocking to the Romans than it is to us, as their taboos were far fewer. There was not too much privacy in ancient Rome about either the clothing, the toilet or the sex. Many of the female slaves were put to prostitution quite openly. Most of the considerable upper classes had one or more servants perpetually present. Discussion of intimate medical conditions and problems was quite frank. This was a village type environment - everyone knew everything about everyone. You might sit next to your neighbor on the public toilet; men and women bathed nude together in the baths. As in societies that customarity go nude or nearly so, these customs did not affect the rules of sex and marriage. What you young people are experiencing here is culture shock. Can't you manage to keep this out of our encyclopedia? You need to grow up a bit more. Get yourselves blackboards and when you feel the urge go scrawl shocking words on them. Leave us alone. If absolution for your young sexual practices and desires is what you are looking for, we can't do that. Sorry. Now, for the profanity. Latin literature certainly offers reams and reams of profanity. In Shakespeare's time they used such language as "Odd's Bodykins", by God's little body. Is Christianity responsible for that? In Plautus just about every third line has a profane epithet, such as Hercle, "by Hercules." As the latter was considered divine, the term was a shocking profane epithet. And it goes on and on. The plain and simple truth is, you don't know a thing about your topic, editors, you've done no research, you take the words of the one source you do use out of context, and you are very fond of repeating vulgar words for the female genitals. How old are you, 15? 16? Believe me, son, matters appear quite differently when you have to assume the roles of a responsible adult. I don't know what to do about this article. Rather than delete it and start completely over I second the motion of the editor who started this topic, let's change the name and content. I suggest "Latin taboo language" to include both obscenity and profanity. I could put 4 or 5 serious tags on this from non-NPOV to unsourced and could also recommend it for immediate deletion. Instead I am going to give you a chance to bring it up to acceptable quality. Get with it or get off it. I'm working on Latin articles from time to time. When I get around to this one again if nothing has been done I will be making radical changes or else putting in all the warning flags it deserves.Dave (talk) 12:19, 11 July 2010 (UTC)

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

found the most worthwhile thing on wikipedia

Get Out (board game)

quote:

Get Out is one of the earliest board games published by Cheapass Games. Players are trying to move out of their parents' basements. They roll dice and move around the board, trying to collect jobs and apartments.

unsurprisingly there is nothing on the talk page

Seamonster
Apr 30, 2007

IMMER SIEGREICH
this is in the "did you know" section as im posting:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toilet_paper_orientation

literally an article that has no other purpose than to be poo poo on

Abandon
Nov 23, 2006

RZApublican posted:

found the most worthwhile thing on wikipedia

Get Out (board game)

unsurprisingly there is nothing on the talk page

cheapass games are awesome

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice

Seamonster posted:

That article was way longer than I thought it would be.

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer

Seamonster posted:

that horrible article posted:

A toilet seat left up: not ready to be sat upon

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hotel_toilet-paper_folding

BillWh0re
Aug 6, 2001

poopercraft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChiralCondensate
Nov 13, 2007

what is that man doing to his colour palette?
Grimey Drawer
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mnemonics_for_the_cranial_nerves

quote:

32. One Of Our Team Tickled And Fingered Very Greasy Vaginas And Holes