Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
"You got a lot to learn about being a litigator and a lawyer."

"I don't want to be a litigator."

"Good, cause you don't have it in you."

Usually I think these shows are retarded, with arbitrators dressing up and pretending to be judges so they can scold people. But arrogant TTT law students gettin owned? All right by me.

Lesbo Judy snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpM07PQYNns

loving owned hahahaha

I am glad you're here.

transactional work for life :cool:

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

"You got a lot to learn about being a litigator and a lawyer."

"I don't want to be a litigator."

"Good, cause you don't have it in you."

Usually I think these shows are retarded, with arbitrators dressing up and pretending to be judges so they can scold people. But arrogant TTT law students gettin owned? All right by me.

Univeristy of Miami is ranked #60 :colbert:

http://grad-schools.usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/best-graduate-schools/top-law-schools/items/03038

The Arsteia
Nov 17, 2008

Phil Moscowitz posted:

loving owned hahahaha

haha holy friggin poo poo

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

TTT = anything not in top 14, HTH

The Arsteia
Nov 17, 2008

You do not look a judge in the face- cause I don't care what you think about me you gotta respect! this! process!, and if there's anybody I expect to respect this process, it's a second year law student at the University of Miami. Verdict for the plaintiff, $450. And court costs.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

The Arsteia posted:

You do not look a judge in the face- cause I don't care what you think about me you gotta respect! this! process!, and if there's anybody I expect to respect this process, it's a second year law student at the University of Miami. Verdict for the plaintiff, $450. And court costs.

My favorite part was when she called him a baby

entris
Oct 22, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Phil Moscowitz posted:

loving owned hahahaha

That is so magnificent.

I wonder how his character review will go when he applies for the bar.

I know that here in Virginia, that sort of behavior would be treated pretty harshly. Probably wouldn't bar admission, but a lot of groveling would be necessary.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Hey guys I just got a copy of UM law school trial ad materials, what do you all think:

TTT poo poo legal education posted:

When a judge issues her opinion in open court and things go against your client, the best response is to interrupt her on the record and say "Yeah, well, that's just like, your opinion, man"

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama

Phil Moscowitz posted:

loving owned hahahaha

--> ??????

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

oh. hi

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

That reminds me of that side-by-side picture of that yearbook photo of the girl who will be remembered for cell phones and the picture of her on cumonherface.com

Only, you know, just the left one for now

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

That reminds me of that side-by-side picture of that yearbook photo of the girl who will be remembered for cell phones and the picture of her on cumonherface.com

Only, you know, just the left one for now

link?

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Linguica posted:

oh. hi

Don't worry about it. She doesn't want some fancy firm job. She's willing to work at the ACLU for only like $80k. She'll be fine, no one from Harvard or Yale wants those jobs.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Phil Moscowitz posted:

link?

I don't feel like finding it just google for "she will be remembered for cell phones"

edit: not at work, obviously

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

I'm at work just do it for me you unemployed loser

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Phil Moscowitz posted:

What do you think clerks are for?

Firm news: Secretary got fired. We got a new one the next day. She's 29, blonde, thin and trouble. I give her 2 months before the boss's wife gets jealous and demands she be fired.

entris
Oct 22, 2008

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Linguica posted:

oh. hi

So sad.

If only we could have gotten to her in time...

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Phil Moscowitz posted:

link?

NSFW.

http://www.fohguild.org/forums/screenshots/10545-funny-strange-random-pics-566.html

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

One of the key problems in the analysis of this puzzling book is to be able to differentiate a real language from meaningless writing.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

sfw version

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

thanks all you lovable jerks but I already looked it up on my iphone

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

Linguica posted:

oh. hi

Any way you could block out her name or something? I feel bad picking on a non-goon "civilian".

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

Roger_Mudd posted:

Any way you could block out her name or something? I feel bad picking on a non-goon "civilian".
http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNLJ.jsp?id=1202463410108 there's 3 others just like her too!!

well not true, the golfing guy will be fine of course.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

Linguica posted:

http://www.law.com/jsp/nlj/PubArticleNLJ.jsp?id=1202463410108 there's 3 others just like her too!!

So much win there.

quote:

In a recent survey of 330 prelaw student by Kaplan Test Prep, 52% felt "very confident" that they would land a legal job after graduation, although only 16% felt confident that most of their fellow graduates would be as successful.

quote:

"First and foremost, I'm doing this because I want to be a lawyer, not because [/b]I'm running away from these scary times in the journalism industry," said Johns, 28, an education reporter who will soon be a 1L at the University of Minnesota Law School. "But it did make me think seriously about my Plan B. [b]I think I'm doing to right thing. There's no way you can know for sure."

No wonder she's getting laid off from her job.

quote:

"In a climate like this one, we're seeing applicants who are conscientious shoppers looking to get the greatest value for their dollar," said Aaron Latham, the interim director of law advancement at Alabama, which won the NCAA Bowl Championship Series football title last year.

What the gently caress does football have to do with value for your dollar? And when did law school become Wal-mart? ROLLBACKS ON J.D. DEGREES, ALSO ONE POUND OF BIRDS-EYE FROZEN CORN FREE!

quote:

After months of research, she settled on Drake University Law School in Des Moines, Iowa — a school she considers vastly underrated.

She hopes to become an advocate for the disabled, partly because she has watched people take advantage of her handicapped brother and other vulnerable people.
AHAHAHA What the hell does she think she'll be doing as a lawyer?

quote:

"The first time I looked at the grand total of what it would cost to get a law degree, I cried," she said. "And then I realized that this is what I want to do."

The first time I read this, I read it as "I realized what I had to do" [to get the money] and got a bit hard.

quote:

Payne applied to 10 law schools and settled on the University of Baltimore School of Law. She zeroed in on schools within legal markets that she thinks have a good chance of bouncing back in the next few years. Her search included a detailed analysis of job placement rates and alumni networks.

How do you get Baltimore from this? This school doesn't even have any pull in D.C. and it's less than 100 miles away. YOU WENT TO GEORGE MASON WHAT THE gently caress BITCH?

quote:

You can't say that Jeff Holt hasn't done his homework. The 27-year-old spent the past couple of years chatting up the lawyers he has encountered on and off the golf course about the legal market in Atlanta and about the wisdom of going to law school right now.

YES I loving CAN ---

quote:

Holt will attend Georgia State University College of Law in Atlanta this fall, with plans to practice business law at a firm.

SEE?

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate

Phil Moscowitz posted:

loving owned hahahaha

I see your smartass law student and raise you a real life Lionel Hutz!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJK53nb11cY&feature=watch_response

Why the gently caress would an attorney agree to be on Judge Judy?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SWATJester posted:

So much win there.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Ainsley McTree posted:

:lol: Holy poo poo that guy is one year older than I am and looks easily 20 years older than me.

EDIT: I'm 26 and still get carded.

Chakron
Mar 11, 2009

sigmachiev posted:

:lol: Holy poo poo that guy is one year older than I am and looks easily 20 years older than me.

EDIT: I'm 26 and still get carded.

I had to check the link because I didn't believe you. That man is 27 years old? Does he have some kind of disease?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I went to law school with a guy who's 38 but looks 26. Maybe they got switched at birth. You know, 12 years later

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

scribe jones posted:

sfw version

Don't laugh: she, unlike lawyers, has a job.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
nsfw version

the picture in the top left kills me every time

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

has anyone seen the clip from some tv court show where they hang some guy upside down as the punishment? I think he was a mortgage broker

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

Linguica posted:

I guess if they are in national law journal they are fair game. We should form a non-profit that sends students to "pre-law" undergrads and go "in a van down by the river on them".

ewr2870
May 8, 2007

methamphetamine posted:

Thanks for the various opinions about boalt vs. columbia, I ultimately decided to go to Boalt, and everyone's advice was very helpful.

This morning, though, I got into Harvard so I'm gonna go there.

I'll probably take some flak for this but I feel like getting into Harvard makes me entitled to say this to all the incoming 1Ls: STUDY IN THE SUMMER BEFORE LAW SCHOOL RIGHT NOW. Yes, this goes against OP "canon" or whatever, but I personally know almost every student in the top 5% at Cornell and almost all of them studied extensively in the summer before. Read the Examples and Explanations or Gilberts!
You are the reason that no one talks to the loving gunner transfer students.

But congrats.

J Miracle
Mar 25, 2010
It took 32 years, but I finally figured out push-ups!
good move: reading some study guides and poo poo to get a little familiarity with the topic before you start law school

bad move: acting like that means you know jack poo poo about sweet gently caress-all.

Mookie
Mar 22, 2005

I have to return some videotapes.

Soothing Vapors posted:

nsfw version

the picture in the top left kills me every time

It's fake. If it were real, her eyes would be hella bloodshot. OR SO I HEARD!

:goonsay:

IrritationX
May 5, 2004

Bitch, what you don't know about me I can just about squeeze in the Grand fucking Canyon.
Now I'm really curious about who meth is now that I know he's at Cornell.

methamphetamine
Oct 4, 2004

IrritationX posted:

Now I'm really curious about who meth is now that I know he's at Cornell.

Are you a rising 2L too? I don't have private messages but give me an email address and I'll tell you who I am. I rarely talked in class I dunno if you'd be able to guess.

ewr2870 posted:

You are the reason that no one talks to the loving gunner transfer students.

I love how so many people is this thread think it's nerdy and lame to work hard and get good grades but then whine 24/7 about no jobs.

IrritationX
May 5, 2004

Bitch, what you don't know about me I can just about squeeze in the Grand fucking Canyon.

methamphetamine posted:

Are you a rising 2L too? I don't have private messages but give me an email address and I'll tell you who I am. I rarely talked in class I dunno if you'd be able to guess.

No, but I know a few rising 2Ls at Cornell, and have heard stories about lots of people there. If you've kept your head down, I doubt I would have heard of you before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

methamphetamine posted:

I love how so many people is this thread think it's nerdy and lame to work hard and get good grades but then whine 24/7 about no jobs.

It's cool bro I'm sure I make a better Sandy Cohen anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-06ErFP0kA

EDIT: Since I sent my confirmation letter in that might just have to be the new avatar. Or do I keep the pro wrestler Suicide trying to blow his brains out? Both are appropriate for this thread.

sigmachiev fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Jul 13, 2010