Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

harperdc posted:

orange isn't technically a traditional color, they used it because it was one of the sponsor's colors...then they won the Bundesliga in that and the club went "WE'RE NOT CHANGING THE WINNING COLORS!" and there you are. That is pretty ace though.

and that Lazio away is the same loving pattern that a bunch of African teams had for away kits at the World Cup, too:

Horizontal vs. vertical stripes but I think you get the point.

I don't know I like it

then again I'm biased

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duncan Sperguson
Apr 21, 2010

the posted:

As bad as the Everton away colors?

Man gently caress you guys we look fabulous :blush:

randomdumbnick
Mar 1, 2005
i registered to lurk. you shouldn't be seeing this.

Umbriago posted:

I like the home shirt, it reminds me of the '72-'75 kit that Bobby Charlton is wearing in my avatar. I'm still hoping that those photographs of the alleged away kit are simply of training shirts. It just looks like a rubbish version of the Mark Fish-era Bolton kit.

The goalkeeper kit is photographed...

Click here for the full 720x540 image.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Umbriago posted:

New United kit confirmed after the reserves wear it in a pre-season friendly.
Collar looks loving retarded, if they wanted one why wouldn't they have gone with a full collar instead of some weird 3/4ths one.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

poo poo kit, that Man U one. It's like they couldn't decide if they wanted to go retro or not and in the end just settled for a red top with a white collar.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Augustus Rumpus posted:

Have you ever seen a Puma strip before now?

Definitely seen the style before, opinion still stands.

Bacon of the Sea posted:

They made me think of victorian strong men.

That's more what I was thinking of.

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
Here's the kit of the local club about 5 minutes away:

Not sure why they went with those blue logos...

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

They're apparently sponsored by pharmacists

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

SenorSpangiel posted:

they're apparently sponsored by pharmacists

Blue Cross Blue Shield, it's an insurance company.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
That's actually pretty tasteful for a sponsor logo. I like the fact that they didn't use any text.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Nothus posted:

That's actually pretty tasteful for a sponsor logo. I like the fact that they didn't use any text.

Makes sense. It would have looked terrible to write "Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association," on the thing.

I like it. I don't love the colors together, but that's just part of sponsorship sometimes.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Oh snap, just got a mail about the new United training range gear. Love this new track jacket and am placing an order now.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

calcio posted:

Oh snap, just got a mail about the new United training range gear. Love this new track jacket and am placing an order now.

I have one like that from a few years ago where it has the latitude/longitude of Old Trafford along with a red blueprint top view of it. Track jackets are the best.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party
Dangit, I found some other color combinations that look sexy too. Decisions decisions...

I haven't bought a United coat/pullover in so many years because they have been pretty bad. The last one I bought is about 6 years old and it's a cotton pullover that's blue and a size too big..

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Umbriago posted:

New United kit confirmed after the reserves wear it in a pre-season friendly.

I like it but loving hell the sponsor logo is massive.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Shrapnac posted:

I like it but loving hell the sponsor logo is massive.
I like it too and am getting it. Wish it were a gambling one I could claim religion to get sponsor-less...

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

calcio posted:

Dangit, I found some other color combinations that look sexy too. Decisions decisions...

I haven't bought a United coat/pullover in so many years because they have been pretty bad. The last one I bought is about 6 years old and it's a cotton pullover that's blue and a size too big..

That white one is pretty freakin classy. I'm going to see them play next Wednesday in Philadelphia, so hopefully they have an official store set up for me to blow my money.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

real_scud posted:

Collar looks loving retarded, if they wanted one why wouldn't they have gone with a full collar instead of some weird 3/4ths one.

it is a full collar, he's just having it dragged round his neck

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Grez posted:

it is a full collar, he's just having it dragged round his neck

Ya I realized that after I posted but guess it doesn't look too terribly bad for a United kit.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

calcio posted:

I just got the mail about your new avatar. Is that an old Roma crest? It's pretty sweet.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me
it's only the second home shirt nike have given us that's not complete poo poo since they started in 2002.

calcio
May 7, 2007

No Totti No party

Grez posted:

it's only the second home shirt nike have given us that's not complete poo poo since they started in 2002.
I agree but even then the warning stripes on the sleeves need to be redesigned. Maybe they are reflective!

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
Soccer Triads has the new Spain tops.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

calcio posted:

Wish I could buy one without the ugly crest.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

calcio posted:

The badge ruins these. They should've just done it 1 colour like on the old away kits.

Hulk Krogan
Mar 25, 2005

Does soccer triads stock any size other than medium and XL? I don't think I've ever seen small or large as an option.

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

I'm conflicted about whether to buy this new shirt -- don't know how much would go to the Glazers...

Augustus Rumpus
Sep 23, 2007

code:
McEnroe!

Drifter287 posted:

Does soccer triads stock any size other than medium and XL? I don't think I've ever seen small or large as an option.

On some styles they do. I have emailed them about smalls and larges and they only say "We hope to have some by end of month" but of course, that never happens.

Umbriago posted:

I'm conflicted about whether to buy this new shirt -- don't know how much would go to the Glazers...

There's always Soccer Triads, Minejerseys...

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

jyrka posted:

Wish I could buy one without the ugly crest.

I'd be pretty sure you could.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

the posted:

Looks like I'll have to pay extra to get this shipped to the states....

Worth it.

Mr.AARP
Apr 20, 2010

I was born after Kurt Cobain died. Now you feel old.

Possible Chelsea away kit.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Looks like roadkill.

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

Are Uruguay kits sold out everywhere? They don't show up on minejersey, worldsoccershop, soccertriads, etc at all.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Shes Not Impressed posted:

Are Uruguay kits sold out everywhere? They don't show up on minejersey, worldsoccershop, soccertriads, etc at all.

http://www.uksoccershop.com/categories/5_299_363.html

Pretty pricy though.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

GravityDaemon posted:

http://www.uksoccershop.com/categories/5_299_363.html

Pretty pricy though.

Pricey and that site is scam site and will rip you off

franks
Jan 1, 2007

Alcoholism is the only
disease you can get
yelled at for having.

the posted:

Here's the kit of the local club about 5 minutes away:

Not sure why they went with those blue logos...

Whoa, another poster in Railhawks territory. REAL FANS (but I don't think I can bring myself to wear that shirt)

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

thehappyprince posted:

How is it a scam site? Other than the prices being extortionate anyway.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Shrapnac posted:

How is it a scam site? Other than the prices being extortionate anyway.

Because a simple google search shows that theyre no good

e.g http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews105540.html

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

thehappyprince posted:

whoa, amazing that it's the first link on google. Thanks for the tip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy
I've ordered in the past from UKSoccershop and yeah, I got my stuff after like three-four months and zero feedback from the company. I also had problems with the shirts delivered being incorrect.

I know soccertriads are counterfeit dealers who sometimes take lomger than they should but at least I got my stuff from them.