Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mastapasta
Jun 14, 2008

Om nom nom
I feel like I came into here at a really great time because I just got back from seeing Bomb the Music Industry! down in New Haven. It was pretty crazy, it was my first Bomb the Music Industry! show. I have been to a show where it was crazy like that, but I didnt really know the songs and I didnt really get into the crowd and just chilled in the back. But gently caress I have been listening to a lot of bomb the music industry for the last few months and I had the time of my life. Jeff was wonderfully drunk as I have always heard. he was. Sadly they were only opening for Titus something, just a band I dont really care to much for, so BTMI only got to play for 30 minutes. But I'll be damned if those weres some of the best 30 minutes of my life. Ended the set with Sort of Like Being Pumped. I have never yelled louder in my life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syphilicious!
Jul 26, 2007
Okay, fine. I'll go to a BTMI! show.

I am kind of curious about the Minneapolis show on the 28th, as there is no information about it anywhere. Where can I get info/tickets?

hedgecore
May 2, 2004

hedgecore posted:

I'm pretty shocked Catch-22 didn't announce that Jeff Davidson would be with them at tonight's show to perform some Alone in a Crowd material.

A few videos I took from the show:
http://www.youtube.com/sneve

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Anyone at the Middle East for Bomb! on the 11th enjoy The Sidekicks? I personally thought they sounded like generic Blink 182 pop punk. Not enjoyable at all.

Brave Little Abacus was loving surreal, and took a little bit before finding their groove. The last song they played was amazing.

Bomb! as always, was amazing. Fighting on stage, asking for World Cup scores during the set, John throwing Yellow Card and Red Cards at the other members. Gotta love BTMI shows.

gerfatty
Sep 14, 2007
What's so wrong with being a punk rock faggot hippy, anyway?

Sandwolf posted:

Anyone at the Middle East for Bomb! on the 11th enjoy The Sidekicks? I personally thought they sounded like generic Blink 182 pop punk. Not enjoyable at all.

Brave Little Abacus was loving surreal, and took a little bit before finding their groove. The last song they played was amazing.

Bomb! as always, was amazing. Fighting on stage, asking for World Cup scores during the set, John throwing Yellow Card and Red Cards at the other members. Gotta love BTMI shows.

Wrong, The Sidekicks own. Everyone should listen to The Sidekicks.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

gerfatty posted:

Wrong, The Sidekicks own. Everyone should listen to The Sidekicks.

look at gerfatty, having Correct Opinions about pop punk

Hi5 gerfatty

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

So NYC Goons, 4point0 is playing tomorrow in Brooklyn. You should go since, like, they're pretty sweet and stuff.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also, if you don't go? I'll cut you.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

4point0 was awesome and they played their cover of "If you really love me" by The Flaming Tsunamis and they recruited the singer of another band to cover Save Ferris' version of Come on Eileen

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Ska hell is nothing but bands playing Come On Eileen for all eternity

Gotta love the Tsunamis cover though

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS
So I found out Fatter Than Albert was coimng to Indianapolis and was :woop: all over the place. Then I asked for the day off and work said no so I am now all :cry: :emo: :suicide:

Backno fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jul 16, 2010

Masturbatory Manatee
Oct 18, 2005
CHUCK NORRIS
CHUCK NORRIS
CHUCK NORRIS
HURRRRRR
Going to the Streetlight concert in San Diego tonight. I will be the only person there who's graduated highschool.

trans fat
Jul 29, 2007

Backno posted:

So I found out Fatter Than Albert was coimng to Indianapolis and was :woop: all over the place. Then I asked for the day off and work said no so I am now all :cry: :emo: :suicide:

I'll skank one out for you at the Mass Ska Raid.

pariah99
Feb 14, 2010

Masturbatory Manatee posted:

Going to the Streetlight concert in San Diego tonight. I will be the only person there who's graduated highschool.

I saw their Chicago show. I think I nearly killed some 13 year old kids in the pit (I'm 26). Still, it was a hell of a good time!

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Masturbatory Manatee posted:

Welcome to most ska shows :(

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FateoMcSkippy posted:

Welcome to most ska shows :(

Local shows own, everyone has graduated high school and refuses to let go.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Holy making GBS threads dicknipples, this show is gonna own.

Two bands I don't care about, The Closers, 4point0, and RazSum, and this could be the last RazSum show ever. Holy poo poo. Holy. poo poo.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
So who's listening to the RBF album?

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

TLG James posted:

So who's listening to the RBF album?
Wait what? there's a new RBF album? Amazon knows nothing of this.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
It's at Best Buy, not sure if it's exclusive or not.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

They only have the censored version at Wal-Mart!!!

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy

guppy posted:

Wait what? there's a new RBF album? Amazon knows nothing of this.

It's a greatest hits album with all the songs redone. They were pissed enough that their former record made a greatest hits album without their consent. It also has a bonus acoustic album from Best Buy.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Man that's actually a really good tracklist, ditto the acoustic disc. I'll have to check the price tomorrow.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Oh wait I thought you guys were joking at first. That is totally awesome that they re-recorded all the stuff, I need to grab that. The acoustic bonus disc is p. cool too.

e: Ha it's only 8 bucks, definitely grabbing it!

Snow Cone Capone fucked around with this message at 02:00 on Jul 21, 2010

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
They only rerecorded the stuff because they can't sell any of their old recordings since the record company owns the rights to them. Same reason they did the live album, they wanted to be able to sell their songs and to do that they have to record them again. They can only sell the live album, monkeys for nothing, and the cover album. Now this best of album too, they only had the 3 I listed for sale when I saw them a couple weeks ago.

TLG James
Jun 5, 2000

Questing ain't easy
Where have you been? is such an awesome Skacoustic cover.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Oh hey I better give you all the same heads up I gave Thornes

You may, at some point, get a chance to see a band called Cryptorchid Chipmunks. I'm not gonna tell you not to see them, I'm just going to tell you that they do the GG Allin thing. And if you don't know what that means, I'm gonna tell you to wiki GG Allin

I heard some loving horror stories, including one about a thong made of duct tape and a rainbow clown wig

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
if they don't eat their own poo poo then i don't have time for them

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

Yea they are Treephort light at best. Really nice guys/gal though. Sometimes they do funny poo poo, like the bass player wearing a ninja turtles costume and a strap on.

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood
Are Big D good live? Should I spend precious currencies to see them?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

asio posted:

If they are playing with other bands you really want to see, go for it. If not, meh.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Or, y'know, if they have Tip the Van providing back-up vocals again. :pervert:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

FateoMcSkippy posted:

If they are playing with other bands you really want to see, go for it. If not, meh.

Or if you have a time machine and can go see them 4 years ago.

aricoarena
Aug 7, 2006
citizenh8 bought me this account because he is a total qt.

drunk asian neighbor posted:

this is the best option

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

asio posted:

They were good when I saw them opening for Flogging Molly. Go for it.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob
Picked up the RBF comp at Best Buy. Sticker on the case says that at least the 2CD edition is a Best Buy exclusive; the sticker isn't wholly clear on whether the album is only available there in general or not. In any case the second CD means you pretty much want to get it there anyway. It's $10 if anyone was wondering. Will listen soon and report back. Thanks for the heads up, I wouldn't even have known this CD existed without this thread.

Did Dave know the words to his songs then? :laugh:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

guppy posted:

Picked up the RBF comp at Best Buy. Sticker on the case says that at least the 2CD edition is a Best Buy exclusive; the sticker isn't wholly clear on whether the album is only available there in general or not. In any case the second CD means you pretty much want to get it there anyway. It's $10 if anyone was wondering. Will listen soon and report back. Thanks for the heads up, I wouldn't even have known this CD existed without this thread.

Did Dave know the words to his songs then? :laugh:

Yeah I printed the ad from BB's website saying it was on sale for $8, so I got it for that. I'm pretty sure the whole album is BB exclusive, but it's a moot point, since the bonus disc is the greatest thing RBF has done to date. Seriously, it's like if RBF went and did a Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution-style album.

Also, burn, but while I've seen Dave make an rear end out of himself in recent times, I've never actually seen him forget words. Does that really happen?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Yeah I printed the ad from BB's website saying it was on sale for $8, so I got it for that. I'm pretty sure the whole album is BB exclusive, but it's a moot point, since the bonus disc is the greatest thing RBF has done to date. Seriously, it's like if RBF went and did a Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution-style album.

Also, burn, but while I've seen Dave make an rear end out of himself in recent times, I've never actually seen him forget words. Does that really happen?

Scott's A Dork, acoustic, is possibly the best thing I've ever heard. Ever.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

You guys are all retards. This acoustic stuff is just Reel Big Fish....with an acoustic guitar and toned down drums. I mean it's not bad but it's really not any different sounding besides having an acoustic guitar. BOTAR at least does cool poo poo with the acoustic stuff and has strings and poo poo. The bass barely even sounds different, I'm sure they didn't use an upright which gives a way different sound than an acoustic bass guitar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Well Scott's A Dork is the best song in the history of music anyway so whatever