Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lenin
Sep 11, 2001

dear leader
I remember this film pretty well except for the name. It's a 70's faux-documentary about draft dodgers, radicals, counter-culture types, etc., who are given a choice between serving time in jail or participating in an outdoor race across the desert to an American flag while they're chased by trigger happy cops. The film cuts between the stragglers in the desert and a tribunal where the next batch of prisoners are being interrogated by a bunch of conservatives about their anti-war views and such. Anyone recall this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

lenin posted:

I remember this film pretty well except for the name. It's a 70's faux-documentary about draft dodgers, radicals, counter-culture types, etc., who are given a choice between serving time in jail or participating in an outdoor race across the desert to an American flag while they're chased by trigger happy cops. The film cuts between the stragglers in the desert and a tribunal where the next batch of prisoners are being interrogated by a bunch of conservatives about their anti-war views and such. Anyone recall this?

Punishment Park

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
There is this movie I saw once when I was a kid that's been bugging me for a while.

It was an Alice in Wonderland/Oz type story with a character finding a new world, and meeting new friends along the way. It had very H.N.R. Puffenstuff style creatures, if I recall correctly. The plot, as I recall, is that the man character had to complete a task in 48 hours or something, or else she'd be turned into a Dodo bird (which is a fate many people have succumbed to in this strange land)

That's about all I can remember...but god, I vividly remember those parts. I just can't remember the name of the movie.

lenin
Sep 11, 2001

dear leader

FitFortDanga posted:

Punishment Park

thanks!

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

I tried Googling this but "dead MGM actress documentary" turns up a lot of results. Anywho, I saw a recent documentary a few years ago about an actress during the Golden Age of Cinema who was gangraped. I want to see it again because it's a great example of how a documentarian selfishly turns a documentary about a horrible crime into a documentary about himself. He interviews her, it's the most awkward thing ever and then she died shortly thereafter.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

A Futbol Injustice posted:

I tried Googling this but "dead MGM actress documentary" turns up a lot of results. Anywho, I saw a recent documentary a few years ago about an actress during the Golden Age of Cinema who was gangraped. I want to see it again because it's a great example of how a documentarian selfishly turns a documentary about a horrible crime into a documentary about himself. He interviews her, it's the most awkward thing ever and then she died shortly thereafter.

Girl 27?

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Girl 27?
Yes! Thank the Lord. I'm gonna watch this and have a dry laugh.

Capt. Rhodes
Nov 27, 2007

I'm runnin' this monkey farm now, Frankenstein!
This may have been the opening scene of the movie, but I'm not 100% sure:

Nighttime at some Lover's Lane / Makeout Point sort of spot. Close in on a car sitting there with its lights off. We assume there are horny teenagers inside, doin' it. A cop comes up to the car and knocks on the window, which is rolled down and reveals... a teenaged couple, fully clothed, each sitting there quietly reading a book. It then turns out that they were sitting there waiting for it to be midnight, as it was the girl's birthday and she would then be 18, and thus legal, at which point they would proceed to do it.

What the hell movie is this from? (I know it's not "Disturbing Behavior," which opens with a similar makeout scene, but there's no waiting-for-it-to-be-midnight.)

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

Action Jacktion posted:

Remote.

hahaha, thanks.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Capt. Rhodes posted:

Nighttime at some Lover's Lane / Makeout Point sort of spot. Close in on a car sitting there with its lights off. We assume there are horny teenagers inside, doin' it. A cop comes up to the car and knocks on the window, which is rolled down and reveals... a teenaged couple, fully clothed, each sitting there quietly reading a book. It then turns out that they were sitting there waiting for it to be midnight, as it was the girl's birthday and she would then be 18, and thus legal, at which point they would proceed to do it.

What the hell movie is this from? (I know it's not "Disturbing Behavior," which opens with a similar makeout scene, but there's no waiting-for-it-to-be-midnight.)

I want to say Zodiac opened with something like that. There were two kids in a car not making out in a make out spot, someone knocks on the window and says something, that dude moves on, eventually the Zodiac Killer comes and knocks on the car door as well and then shoots up the kids.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Nah, in Zodiac the killer drives up, stops for a moment, leaves, then comes back and pops the kids. No words beforehand. The reason they weren't making out was because they never got the chance to before he shows up the first time.

JohnnyDavidson
May 13, 2010

I think Beauty and the Beast should have ended on this scene, because I don't understand symbolism in film and I am literally incapable of recognizing foreshadowing.
I remember watching this like 10 years ago. It's like a Japanese game show, where the objective is to be the last one living, and there are people hunting them down at the same time. It IS a game show (not literally, but that movie is in the stlye of a game show), and no it's not Battle Royale.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

JohnnyDavidson posted:

I remember watching this like 10 years ago. It's like a Japanese game show, where the objective is to be the last one living, and there are people hunting them down at the same time. It IS a game show (not literally, but that movie is in the stlye of a game show), and no it's not Battle Royale.

Are you sure it's Japanese, or were you just saying that for the sake of comparison? If there's a pregnant woman in it, then it's Series 7: The Contenders.

JohnnyDavidson
May 13, 2010

I think Beauty and the Beast should have ended on this scene, because I don't understand symbolism in film and I am literally incapable of recognizing foreshadowing.

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Are you sure it's Japanese, or were you just saying that for the sake of comparison? If there's a pregnant woman in it, then it's Series 7: The Contenders.

That's not it. I'm not sure it was Japanese, but I remember subtitles I think. I don't know how popular this movie was, I rented it from a Blockbuster.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

JohnnyDavidson posted:

That's not it. I'm not sure it was Japanese, but I remember subtitles I think. I don't know how popular this movie was, I rented it from a Blockbuster.

Hmm...The 10th Victim is in Italian.

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

Could be Predators, if you're a predator.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
Could be $la$her$. It's an American movie but the game show is Japanise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRgyG1ipTC0

Arthur Bowlsworth
Dec 5, 2003

Wot wot, old boy. Might one have a toke?
I'm pretty sure it was a horror movie, based in the ghetto
anyway two black guys are robbing a liquor store and one them get his 3-quarter length jorts set alight somehow. The other one goes "Dang nigguh, you on fire!", the the first one says "I know dawg, you see that poo poo?!" thinking he's complementing him, then the other one goes "naw, son, you on fire!".
Then a car hits the second bloke.

anticake
Nov 5, 2004

Biscuit Hider

Detective Thompson posted:

Nah, in Zodiac the killer drives up, stops for a moment, leaves, then comes back and pops the kids. No words beforehand. The reason they weren't making out was because they never got the chance to before he shows up the first time.

poo poo this means I've seen this movie as well and got it confused with Zodiac, or the two kids waiting 'til Midnight is some kind of a common trope I'm not familiar with. I definitely remember that, but now I'm not sure where I saw it.

JohnnyDavidson
May 13, 2010

Slasherfan posted:

Could be $la$her$. It's an American movie but the game show is Japanise.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRgyG1ipTC0

That's it, thank you so much!

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
I was pretty sure this was from a Candyman movie, but after seeing both the first and second I'm starting to think in my confusion I mixed two movie scenes together.
Basically, what I recall is the movie's last minutes and they feature some teen girls in a spleepover I think and daring one of the girls to chant "bloody mary" three times in front of a mirror; what happens is that the movie's main character shows up, now as a vengeful ghost, cue scream or slashing sound effect and credits roll.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Honest Thief posted:

I was pretty sure this was from a Candyman movie, but after seeing both the first and second I'm starting to think in my confusion I mixed two movie scenes together.
Basically, what I recall is the movie's last minutes and they feature some teen girls in a spleepover I think and daring one of the girls to chant "bloody mary" three times in front of a mirror; what happens is that the movie's main character shows up, now as a vengeful ghost, cue scream or slashing sound effect and credits roll.

It's sounds like Urban Legend 3: Bloody Mary but I don't really remember how that movie ended. What you discribed sounds like an earlier scene.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Don't think it's it, I'm pretty sure I saw this way before 05.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

BurnE201 posted:

I'm not sure if this post is in the right forum; if not, please move it.

I'm offering a $10 pay-pal reward to the first person who can I.D. a movie for me.

I don't remember much about the movie since I was a wee kid, but I remember it was a kids movie which included robots, & for some reason i think the main character was a girl who i think was Japanese.

Again, I don't have much to go by and Google isn't coming up with any results.

Hopefully someone out there can help me out.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3325189&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Is this a joke post? Was it live action or cartoon? That would narrow it down from 2 million films to about a million. ;)

Thoreau Like A Girl
Nov 20, 2006

Capt. Rhodes posted:

i've heard this as a joke story being told before, but never in a movie.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003

Honest Thief posted:

Don't think it's it, I'm pretty sure I saw this way before 05.

You know there are 3 Candyman movies? I don't think Candyman 3 ends like this though.

Trailer for Urban Legend 3, has the sleepover part and a very cheesy opening.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMWaEp_vz48

Slasherfan fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Jul 12, 2010

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Slasherfan posted:

You know there are 3 Candyman movies? I don't think Candyman 3 ends like this though.

I'm pretty sure the first Candyman does though. Except the chant isn't for Bloody Mary, it's for whatever Virginia Madsen's character is named, and then she pops out and stabs some people, the end. But there's no sleepover and I don't think any teenage girls...

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
The first candyman does ends similary to the scene I'm thinking of, the problem is it's not bloody mary nor is a teenager girl. I also don't think it's Urban Legend 3 because this is an closing scene, with the movie's main character turned into bloody mary.
To be honest I think I could be mixing Candyman's ending with some other bloody mary related flick or even a tv show.

Keanu Grieves
Dec 30, 2002

Honest Thief posted:

The first candyman does ends similary to the scene I'm thinking of, the problem is it's not bloody mary nor is a teenager girl. I also don't think it's Urban Legend 3 because this is an closing scene, with the movie's main character turned into bloody mary.
To be honest I think I could be mixing Candyman's ending with some other bloody mary related flick or even a tv show.
Candyman + the Bloody Mary episode from Supernatural

black goku
Jan 3, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 651 days!
about 8 or 9 years ago i watched a film that involved a group of teens at an amusement park, in one scene they found a tamagotchi or virtual pet and killed it (virtually), i have been searching high and low and would really appreciate some help

The Macaroni
Dec 20, 2002
...it does nothing.
Ludicrously obscure request:

Low-budget horror movie from the late 60s or early 70s; I caught part of it on one of the old "Cheesy Horror Movie Friday Night" things on TV when I was little. I only distinctly remember two scenes:

1) A bunch of college-age bullies were terrorizing a "science nerd" (i.e. smart guy with glasses) and throwing his books around

2) At the end, the head bully's girlfriend takes the lid off a huge pot of boiling water/acid, revealing the bully's skeleton, and she screams as the credits roll.

Any ideas?

The Macaroni fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jul 14, 2010

Glass Joe
Mar 9, 2007

Childlike Empress posted:

Ludicrously obscure request:

Low-budget horror movie from the late 60s or early 70s; I caught part of it on one of the old "Cheesy Horror Movie Friday Night" things on TV when I was little. I only distinctly remember two scenes:

1) A bunch of college-age bullies were terrorizing a "science nerd" (i.e. smart guy with glasses) and throwing his books around

2) At the end, the head bully's girlfriend takes the lid off a huge pot of boiling water/acid, revealing the bully's skeleton, and she screams as the credits roll.

Any ideas?

Longshot, but possibly Slaughter High?

J Wiggle
Jun 16, 2006

5th spare on the W&W Powerlifting Team
This one is pretty vague, not sure if there's enough info to id:
Saw it on cable TV a good number of years back (at least 10). The only thing I remember is that it was supposed to be scary (I think) and had one scene where this guy was trying to convince the main character to have sex with one of two twins (characters choice) so he could get them pregnant?

Inspector Science
Aug 11, 2008
This was a movie that I watched in my childhood that absolutely terrified me. It was part live action and part animated, and featured a bespectacled boy and books coming alive in some fashion.

I know it's pretty vague but man this is killing me.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Inspector Science posted:

This was a movie that I watched in my childhood that absolutely terrified me. It was part live action and part animated, and featured a bespectacled boy and books coming alive in some fashion.

I know it's pretty vague but man this is killing me.

Sounds like The Pagemaster with Macaulay Culkin.

donquixotic
May 1, 2007
This one thankfully isn't obscure but the name escapes me. It's a tv show more than likely from the late 90s and revolved around I think a cop and villain living next door to each other. Features ridiculous action sequences all in slow motion, very silly action-comedy type show where the neighbours keep having run-ins.

codyclarke
Jan 10, 2006

IDIOT SOUP

donquixotic posted:

This one thankfully isn't obscure but the name escapes me. It's a tv show more than likely from the late 90s and revolved around I think a cop and villain living next door to each other. Features ridiculous action sequences all in slow motion, very silly action-comedy type show where the neighbours keep having run-ins.

Cops and Robbersons?

Oddio
Apr 3, 2009
In this movie, the hero and his friend(s) are captured by the villains (Nazis, possibly?). The villains need to enter a password to get through a door, but they get it wrong and two machine guns pop down from the ceiling and kill a few of the henchmen. They force the hero to guess the password, and he gets it right.

There was also a fight scene in a huge room with gigantic fans that pushed everyone all over the place, I think. The entire movie reminded me of Indiana Jones, except it wasn't Indiana Jones, was it?

*solved on the post below* Thanks!

Oddio fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Jul 17, 2010

Erasmus Darwin
Mar 6, 2001

Oddio posted:

In this movie, the hero and his friend(s) are captured by the villains (Nazis, possibly?). The villains need to enter a password to get through a door, but they get it wrong and two machine guns pop down from the ceiling and kill a few of the henchmen. They force the hero to guess the password, and he gets it right.

Operation Condor (1991) with Jackie Chan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Science
Aug 11, 2008

Adlai Stevenson posted:

Sounds like The Pagemaster with Macaulay Culkin.

Right on the money, thank you!