Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Decent news for GB fans too. They're doing a TRU 4 pack of the GB2 outfits and they come with Santa hats and a Slimer who has his own Santa hat too.

They're also doing a GB Club for the 6 figures + the Club exclusive next year too. Guess the first two figures of next year plus the exclusive get announced on the 23rd.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jul 16, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Rage posted:

Decent news for GB fans too. They're doing a TRU 4 pack of the GB2 outfits and they come with Santa hats and a Slimer who has his own Santa hat too.

:swoon:

Welp, Christmas display in my apartment found.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I've been waiting for them to do a Ghostbusters 4-pack... I think I'd prefer a first-movie look, but repainting them would be fun and easy. I'd rather do that than wait around for a first-movie 4-pack that might not happen.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I've been waiting for them to do a Ghostbusters 4-pack... I think I'd prefer a first-movie look, but repainting them would be fun and easy. I'd rather do that than wait around for a first-movie 4-pack that might not happen.

Matty said they're going to reissue all 4 around the holidays. Probably with the release of unslimed Egon and Peter.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Club Ecto-1 details: http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3361069636/m/1331079636

Buy all 6 figures! Then buy the club only figure! Give us ALL YOUR MONEY

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn
so for 20 bucks they will automatically send you 7 figures, billing you another 20 bucks each time, and they aren't telling you what figures you'll get before you sign up. this is like those book club scams they try to push on elementary school students

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Yeah, that's terrible. Have any of the Ghostbusters thus far sold out in under 5 minutes like the MOTU stuff? It seems like you're just paying them an extra $20 just for the right to spend another $20 on some exclusive thing (which will probably just end up being something like a slimed Winston but in the pink goop from GB2).

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Didn't see anyone mention it yet,but has anyone else voted for DCUC Wave #20 CnC?

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

stupid ugly retard posted:

so for 20 bucks they will automatically send you 7 figures, billing you another 20 bucks each time, and they aren't telling you what figures you'll get before you sign up. this is like those book club scams they try to push on elementary school students
Matty Collector seriously disgusts me. I'll buy a 4-pack, but buying the figures individually is pretty much 3 more times than I'm willing to click on their website.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Every single ounce of the way Matty Collector has been designed, from their idiotic queueing system to their stupid loving smugass mascot has seemingly been engineered to induce the maximum amount of rage in humans. I see no other reason for their existence other than as a twisted sociological/economic experiment.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Fish Of Doom posted:

Yeah, that's terrible. Have any of the Ghostbusters thus far sold out in under 5 minutes like the MOTU stuff? It seems like you're just paying them an extra $20 just for the right to spend another $20 on some exclusive thing (which will probably just end up being something like a slimed Winston but in the pink goop from GB2).

The reason the MOTU stuff sells out that fast is Mattel assumed that the majority of people who wanted those figures, bought the subscription, so they put way less on the page as extras for the people who didn't. 12" Peter Venkman sold out in a day, 6" Peter sold out in under 12 hours.

They're announcing the first two figures of the 2011 line and the club exclusive on the 23rd at SDCC so you can see then what those figures are and decide if the line is going to suck. If its 3 repaints or some poo poo then yeah, I bet they're not going to see a lot of subs.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

They've said they'll announce each figure 2-3 months before it goes on sale. So, great. If it's a figure you wouldn't want to buy, you have 2-3 months of knowledge knowing you're ponying up for it regardless.

As Fish of Doom says, the GB stuff doesn't sell out nearly as fast as the MOTU figures. So as long as you go at some point on the day of sale, you'll get one. v:shobon:v

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Lepecard posted:

Didn't see anyone mention it yet,but has anyone else voted for DCUC Wave #20 CnC?

Here's a link for those who want to vote.

And man, those are some pretty lovely choices they've offered.

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn

funtax posted:

Here's a link for those who want to vote.

And man, those are some pretty lovely choices they've offered.

King Shark! King Shark! i'll get 4 and repaint them into street sharks figures!

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Yeah, I voted for him - if only because of this panel from Green Lantern #4:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

King Shark all the way

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
You guys are idiots. I'm voting for SHAGGY MAN.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Meh... King Shark I guess... I'll just pretend he's a street shark. Jawsome and all that :v:

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Meh... King Shark I guess... I'll just pretend he's a street shark. Jawsome and all that :v:

Good lord that brings back memories. My favorite was always Moby Lick.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Yeah, there's not a single figure on that list I give a poo poo about. I voted for Nekron because hey, more cool-looking skull guys. I didn't read it, but wasn't Nekron a substantial character in Blackest Night?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fish Of Doom posted:

Yeah, there's not a single figure on that list I give a poo poo about. I voted for Nekron because hey, more cool-looking skull guys. I didn't read it, but wasn't Nekron a substantial character in Blackest Night?

He was the big bad villain behind it all.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Fish Of Doom posted:

Yeah, that's terrible. Have any of the Ghostbusters thus far sold out in under 5 minutes like the MOTU stuff? It seems like you're just paying them an extra $20 just for the right to spend another $20 on some exclusive thing (which will probably just end up being something like a sli,ed Winston but in the pink goop from GB2).
Well not exactly, the $20 goes towards the bonus figure they ship you, so you aren't actually paying anything extra.

It's still a rip because the GB stuff sells out in days so you have ample time to get it. They just want to lock people in so they can pawn off a slimed Winston and Ray on you without anything you can do at the end of the year.

Par for the course with Matty ... such as the cash grab they did by doing the slimed Peter first knowing they could double dip because everyone wanted to complete the team, but they will all order another without slime once they offer it because that was the one everyone really wanted.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Jul 18, 2010

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Heh, they didn't get me with their clearly over-slimed Peter. Slimed Egon was alright because he's not all that slimed, it just looks like work-wear.

What does bother me is that the club-exclusive is going to be something really worth getting. Maybe Vigo? Louis in GB outfit?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Yep didn't get me either. I know they will eventually get to a normal Peter and I can wait.

At $30 a figure I will be as picky as needed.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

Fish Of Doom posted:

Yeah I would've gone nekron... but I already got Deadman. Not really different enough design wise for me to give a poo poo about... although I dont care about any of them :(

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Yes, but he's coming out in Blackest Night Wave 5.

It's like three weeks away.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

Yes, but he's coming out in Blackest Night Wave 5.

It's like three weeks away.

Not everyone collects both DC Direct and DC Universe. I've pretty much quit DCD in favor of DCU these days. I only buy a DCD figure if it's an incredibly good sculpt or unlikely to appear in DCU.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Rhyno posted:

Not everyone collects both DC Direct and DC Universe. I've pretty much quit DCD in favor of DCU these days. I only buy a DCD figure if it's an incredibly good sculpt or unlikely to appear in DCU.
I know, that's why I told Fish of Doom, who clearly would like a Nekron. I figured he didn't know.

Why do you scorn DCD in favor of DCU, though? Articulation? I've never really noticed a difference between the sets.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CapnAndy posted:

I know, that's why I told Fish of Doom, who clearly would like a Nekron. I figured he didn't know.

Why do you scorn DCD in favor of DCU, though? Articulation? I've never really noticed a difference between the sets.

Maybe the new DCD figures have articulation but the old stuff is terrible. I have a few of the Alex Ross Justice series and they're horrible to pose.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Rhyno posted:

Maybe the new DCD figures have articulation but the old stuff is terrible. I have a few of the Alex Ross Justice series and they're horrible to pose.

No, they're still terribly articulated. The Alex Ross Toyman figure is the only well articulated figure DC Direct has ever made.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I like my Blackest Night figures, the articulation is fine. Kal-L has actually got some really great work done in making his hand sculpts work with the wrist joint -- it's pretty much impossible to not get him in a ghoulish beckoning pose.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Check your Kmarts. I found a ton of DCUC 13 there for 9.99. And I have extras.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

AnImE pOwErUp posted:

Check your Kmarts. I found a ton of DCUC 13 there for 9.99. And I have extras.

My KMart is a ghost town. They still have Spider-Man 3 figures on their shelves.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Matty kinda hit it out of the park with the DCUC stuff today. Classic Dick Robin and Riddler, Green Lantern Classics and 12 Figure LOSH boxset.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Great news for anyone who still gives a poo poo about Justice League Unlimited, too. Upcoming 3-packs for winter 2010 and spring 2011 include:

Guy Gardner/Martian Manhunter/Batman (blue/gray Super Friends-style)
Adam Strange/Animal Man/Starman (blue repaint of the Ditko version)
Alan Scott GL/Jay Garrick Flash/Carter Hall Hawkman (yellow mask)
TED KORD BLUE BEETLE/Booster Gold (shiny yellow)/Fire (in "flame-on" form)
Batman/Joker/Gray Ghost

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Mattel also announced a Green Lantern Classics line and showed the following figures:

Sinestro Corps Mongul
Kyle Rayner
Manhunter Robot
Maash (Sinestro Corps)
the Sinestro Corps dude with the leach head
Black Lantern Abin Sur
Arkillo as the BAF
There's also a pic of either Ch'p or B'dg, I'd assume he's an accessory.

Also a 12-figure Legion of Super-Heroes collector set sculpted by Four Horsemen through MattyCollector:

Superboy
Cosmic Boy
Lightning Lad
Saturn Girl
Brainiac 5
Chameleon Boy
Ultra Boy
Karate Kid
Wildfire
Matter-Eater Lad
Timberwolf
Colossal Boy

Comes with a Proty accessory and a die-cast flight ring

Panel pics here: http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=album&album=2010_SDCC%2FMattel%2FDC_Panel&dispsize=800&start=100

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
More Action League!!!!!

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I love that the Action League is expanding to include non-Brave and the Bold stuff. Superman, Flash, Green Arrow, various lanterns.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2010_SDCC%2FMattel%2FDC_Universe%2F&pic=IMG_8384.jpg&dispsize=800&start=20

Come on, look at little Atrocitus!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fish Of Doom posted:

I love that the Action League is expanding to include non-Brave and the Bold stuff. Superman, Flash, Green Arrow, various lanterns.

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=2010_SDCC%2FMattel%2FDC_Universe%2F&pic=IMG_8384.jpg&dispsize=800&start=20

Come on, look at little Atrocitus!

Oh god! I must have that!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
Ok Hasbro may have redeemed themselves. Iron Man Legends 6 inch line, 16 inch classic Sentinels, more Gigantic Battles packs with Bill Foster and a Ice Giant and most importantly they say they are "bringing Legends back in a big way in 2012".