Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual cat irl
Aug 29, 2004

Elijah. posted:

Probably I Am Alive. It was revealed at E3 two years ago, and I remember reading an article a few months ago saying it was either canned or extremely delayed. It's a shame too, the game sounded really neat.

Edit: It was scrapped, and they are starting over completely using the new Splinter Cell engine. There was a trailer at E3 2010, but it was essentially the same as the first trailer.

That's the one.

Shame....it looked really good. I hope it does come out eventually in some shape or form.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

Dr_Amazing posted:

Maybe Hocus Pocus
http://www.dosgamesarchive.com/download/hocus-pocus/

Nope, anyone else?

singe
Aug 24, 2008

I want to ride my bicycle.
There used to be a DOS game I played where you're a female futuristic fighter pilot, and they'll be missions where you go through city streets killing other planes, and they also had night levels where you can turn on a green infrared type thing. In between the missions they had these cutscenes that gave you sort of a plot. I think you get shot and get revived and become a cyborg.

Edit: Thanks, I get a feeling a lot of people asked that question before.

singe fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Jul 13, 2010

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

singe posted:

There used to be a DOS game I played where you're a female futuristic fighter pilot, and they'll be missions where you go through city streets killing other planes, and they also had night levels where you can turn on a green infrared type thing. In between the missions they had these cutscenes that gave you sort of a plot. I think you get shot and get revived and become a cyborg.
Traffic Department 2192.

Cubear
May 17, 2008

Huh?! I.. I'm a bear?!

moron posted:

I remember seeing a trailer for an upcoming game about a year ago. It was some kind of action/survival game set in a big city after a massive earthquake. The trailer showed the earthquake, some buildings collapsing, and very little else.

I remembered thinking it looked like a cool game, but have since completely forgotten what it was called. Can anyone refresh my memory?

Even though this game in particular was found, there are a few games which match this theme. The closest (and probably best) one was released on the Wii, as Disaster: Day of Crisis. I hear a North American release is coming soon, too.

On the PS2 you should also try Disaster Report and Raw danger. they're a little hokey and very low budget, but they're amusing and not too difficult. If anything these three tiles will get you even more pumped for I Am Alive's (hopeful) eventual release.

Retroblique
Oct 16, 2002

Now the wild world is lost, in a desert of smoke and straight lines.

Morpheus posted:

So I'm looking for a game that looks almost exactly like Dungeon Master in every way, except that the graphics were better.
Ishar 1-3

You can pick up all three Ishar games in a single compilation on gog.com for six bucks. Well worth it if you like DM-style games.

Lands of Lore might be too obvious to mention. There's also the likes of Stonekeep, Knightmare, Bloodwych, Ambermoon/Amberstar, Crystal Dragon and Abandoned Places.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I'm looking for a game that I once got in a PC-gamer disc.

It's a top-down RPG with paperdolls in the inventory and it shows things you click on with the mouse in the right corner of the screen.

It was overshadowed by games as Diablo and Warcraft 2 if I'm not wrong.

Sorry if I'm vague, it's just so drat hard to remember the game since it was 14+ years ago I played it.

Kempy
Dec 15, 2009

FLX posted:

I'm looking for an iPhone game, where you tap a medieval catapult to fire shots on a castle. The game has a 2D side-view and uses a physics engine to properly collapse the castle.

Crush the castle?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04hoY1KpwQ

Das MicroKorg
Sep 18, 2005

Vintage Analog Synthesizer

Kempy posted:

Crush the castle?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g04hoY1KpwQ

Yes, awesome! Thanks :)

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

Panic Restaurant posted:

Could it be Tube Slider? It actually got a port to the Gamecube, if I'm recalling correctly.

Could be, although I looked it up on Youtube, and I remember it being first-person, possibly with a bigger tube. It definitely was among those lines, though.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Sonance posted:

Ishar 1-3

You can pick up all three Ishar games in a single compilation on gog.com for six bucks. Well worth it if you like DM-style games.

Lands of Lore might be too obvious to mention. There's also the likes of Stonekeep, Knightmare, Bloodwych, Ambermoon/Amberstar, Crystal Dragon and Abandoned Places.

Took a look through all of those. None of them fit the bill, unfortunately :(

Like I said it might've been shareware, since I don't think I had that many full games back when I played it. I'm also starting to think that I made it up in my head, probably mashed together a number of games that I was playing in my youth. But damnit, I remember the gradiented-style graphics of the characters' heads, I swear I do. And I'm positive there was a single town to visit, and a doorway leading into the dungeon in this town. Nooo my sanity.

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
There is a game i played like at least ten years ago, you were a pac-man looking guy, it wasn't an official pacman game though I'm pretty sure. It was on the PC, so it could be some obscure thing I stumbled across blindly. Anyway, you went through a bunch of levels, they weren't traditional pacman mazes, there were different worlds and there was a space level that I'm positive used the Mos Eisley cantina theme. It wasn't Pacman Worlds i'm pretty sure, it seemed like it was some unlicensed spinoff.

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

Nucular Carmul posted:

There is a game i played like at least ten years ago, you were a pac-man looking guy, it wasn't an official pacman game though I'm pretty sure. It was on the PC, so it could be some obscure thing I stumbled across blindly. Anyway, you went through a bunch of levels, they weren't traditional pacman mazes, there were different worlds and there was a space level that I'm positive used the Mos Eisley cantina theme. It wasn't Pacman Worlds i'm pretty sure, it seemed like it was some unlicensed spinoff.

I have that game, it was made in Klik N Play or something like that. Let me go find it...

Ah, yes, the Pac Pack. The first CD-ROM game we got for our computer back in 1999. For a budget game that used unlicensed MIDI versions of Star Wars music and had several other trademark-skirting parodies it was actually pretty entertaining. I'm tempted to do a Let's Play now, whenever I no longer suck. Hey, here's a video by someone else!

Discount Viscount fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Jul 18, 2010

Nucular Carmul
Jan 26, 2005

Melongenidae incantatrix
Holy freaking balls you are amazing. God those games were hilariously lovely why did I spend so much time on them :v:

Computer Jones
Jun 22, 2005

Discount Viscount posted:

I have that game, it was made in Klik N Play or something like that. Let me go find it...

Ah, yes, the Pac Pack. The first CD-ROM game we got for our computer back in 1999. For a budget game that used unlicensed MIDI versions of Star Wars music and had several other trademark-skirting parodies it was actually pretty entertaining. I'm tempted to do a Let's Play now, whenever I no longer suck. Hey, here's a video by someone else!

Oh haha, they would use Canyon.mid. That's great! Klik 'n' Play was the poo poo when I was 11 :)

Beardless Riker
Apr 14, 2005

I'm looking for the name of a game I used to play on 3.1. It was a 2d overhead view of a dungeon, the graphics of the corridors were very basic (like minesweeper) and you just moved around the empty spaces with the arrow keys. Walking around you might reveal the stairs down to the level below (which looked the same except for the layout maybe) where the monsters were harder, and then you just repeated that and I think it may have only gone 10 levels. You would also randomly (I think) run into monsters that would bring up a battle screen which was half a picture of the monster and the other was your stats and commands to run, attack, or talk. You made money as you went and could run back up to a shop on a higher level to upgrade your gear and to heal.

I googled what I could think of but I mostly ran into Dungeon Keeper or Dungeon Master in most of the search results and neither of those or any games in those series (as far as I can tell) were the one I'm looking for.

Gustavus
May 27, 2008

Lock up your sons and daughters.

Beardless Riker posted:

Dungeon Crawly Kinda Dealy

Perhaps Rogue or some other kind of Roguelike?

Sapato
May 31, 2005
:)
This game was on the forum less then a month ago but I can't find it. I never played it but it's a final fantasy tactics type game but you only control 1 player. I think its a free to play online rpg as well, its not poxnora though, It also has an isometric angle, and pixel style graphics.

Beardless Riker
Apr 14, 2005

Gustavus posted:

Perhaps Rogue or some other kind of Roguelike?

Well, it wasn't rogue and it didn't have run in a terminal. Roguelikes seem like a good place to start looking but none that I've looked at so far match what I'm after. It was also a single character that you played, not a party, if that helps.

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

Sapato posted:

This game was on the forum less then a month ago but I can't find it. I never played it but it's a final fantasy tactics type game but you only control 1 player. I think its a free to play online rpg as well, its not poxnora though, It also has an isometric angle, and pixel style graphics.

This is probably Vantage Master Online

EDIT: or Dofus

Catgirl Al Capone fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 18, 2010

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
I had a NES Shmup where you were a guy in with a jetpack, instead of a spaceship or a plane. The art on the game cartridge or the box was your guy going up against a long-necked dragon who may or may not have had a woman in its clutches.

Sapato
May 31, 2005
:)

HereticSenility posted:

This is probably Vantage Master Online

I don't think this one is it, the one I'm looking for is an MMO that has you controlling one character only, I'm pretty sure it is an srpg with it's own cash shop.

EDIT: Yea, its Dofus! Thanks!

Sapato fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jul 18, 2010

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Dr Christmas posted:

I had a NES Shmup where you were a guy in with a jetpack, instead of a spaceship or a plane. The art on the game cartridge or the box was your guy going up against a long-necked dragon who may or may not have had a woman in its clutches.

Burai Fighter probably. I had the GB version of this game, which I hated immensely.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Beardless Riker posted:

I'm looking for the name of a game I used to play on 3.1. It was a 2d overhead view of a dungeon, the graphics of the corridors were very basic (like minesweeper) and you just moved around the empty spaces with the arrow keys. Walking around you might reveal the stairs down to the level below (which looked the same except for the layout maybe) where the monsters were harder, and then you just repeated that and I think it may have only gone 10 levels. You would also randomly (I think) run into monsters that would bring up a battle screen which was half a picture of the monster and the other was your stats and commands to run, attack, or talk. You made money as you went and could run back up to a shop on a higher level to upgrade your gear and to heal.

I googled what I could think of but I mostly ran into Dungeon Keeper or Dungeon Master in most of the search results and neither of those or any games in those series (as far as I can tell) were the one I'm looking for.

It could be Castle of the Winds or Mordor: http://www.mobygames.com/game/mordor-the-depths-of-dejenol

dissin department
Apr 7, 2007

"I has music dysleskia."
Ok, a long time ago, me and my mother used to be addicted to this game. It may have been on AOL's games section way back in the day as shareware. It's one of those tile-turning games, where you have to guide a taxi from start to finish, and rotate the tiles to make a road. The longer you drove, the higher your fare and thus, your money to upgrade the taxi (there were snow tires that let you drive on special snow tiles, etc) or fill up your tank in between levels. Googling hasn't turned up much. Anyone else remember this?

Xythar
Dec 22, 2004

echoes of a contemporary nation

ponzicar posted:

It could be Castle of the Winds or Mordor: http://www.mobygames.com/game/mordor-the-depths-of-dejenol

I was going to say Castle of the Winds too but that didn't have a separate battle screen, so I have no idea.

I used to play the ever-loving hell out of CotW...

Infinite Monkeys
Jul 18, 2010

If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention.
Looking for a PC game that I played about 10 years ago, you had a hoverboard and you killed civilians in a few fairly small maps, the first was a city I think, then the police came, then the army, then air force or whatever. They dropped money so that you could buy new guns and poo poo.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Alright I need some help. I was talking to a couple of friends about games that you can take powers or stuff from enemies and use them yourself. We brought up games like Kirby and Megaman, but then I remembered some game where you can take enemies heads and wear them yourself. It was kind of cartoony and I remember it being on the PC. Does anyone remember this game?

vvv Thank you! I knew it had some name that was either Head, or Dome, or Skull and that it ended in Z.

KungFu Grip fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Jul 19, 2010

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

KungFu Grip posted:

Alright I need some help. I was talking to a couple of friends about games that you can take powers or stuff from enemies and use them yourself. We brought up games like Kirby and Megaman, but then I remembered some game where you can take enemies heads and wear them yourself. It was kind of cartoony and I remember it being on the PC. Does anyone remember this game?
H.E.D.Z. :)

Espresso Steampunk
Sep 27, 2008
Oh man, insomnia has triggered nostalgia, and I want to learn all about this 80's bowling-alley-mainstay, but I just can't recall the name. It was 3 players at a time: the blue player was very Indiana Jones (blue hat and whip), there was a green guy with a spear, and some girl. You ran around these crazy floating crypts destroying little caves the monsters spawned from. With all the money we spent playing that, I can't believe we never beat it. I'm sure you guys know which game I mean, so thanks in advance!

pud
Jul 9, 2001

Espresso Steampunk posted:

Oh man, insomnia has triggered nostalgia, and I want to learn all about this 80's bowling-alley-mainstay, but I just can't recall the name. It was 3 players at a time: the blue player was very Indiana Jones (blue hat and whip), there was a green guy with a spear, and some girl. You ran around these crazy floating crypts destroying little caves the monsters spawned from. With all the money we spent playing that, I can't believe we never beat it. I'm sure you guys know which game I mean, so thanks in advance!

Dark Adventure.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Koorisch posted:

I'm looking for a game that I once got in a PC-gamer disc.

It's a top-down RPG with paperdolls in the inventory and it shows things you click on with the mouse in the right corner of the screen.

It was overshadowed by games as Diablo and Warcraft 2 if I'm not wrong.

Sorry if I'm vague, it's just so drat hard to remember the game since it was 14+ years ago I played it.

A few Diablo clones that got some hype/demos that come to mind are Icarus, Clans and Revenant.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
Old Sega Genesis game in which you played as a green pile of goo and could spit green balls at enemies/slide through anything that your head could fit through

your health was determined by how big of a blob you were

anyone?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Necc0 posted:

Old Sega Genesis game in which you played as a green pile of goo and could spit green balls at enemies/slide through anything that your head could fit through

your health was determined by how big of a blob you were

anyone?

The ooze?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ooze

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
That's it thanks

al-azad
May 28, 2009

PS1, 3rd person sci-fi adventure. The beginning has you as this bearded dude that steps out of a cryotube butt naked. You meet up with a robot (whose name I think was teepo or something weird like that) and walk around fiddling with keypads and poo poo. The two distinct things I remember from the game are A) the main characters nudity in the intro (first time I've ever seen a polygonal dick in a video game) and B) a scene where a door comes slamming down on the protagonist, nearly chopping him in half, and you have to play as the robot or something to find medical aid.

HitmanAndQuitIt
Sep 13, 2002

dont take extercy
I had a PC game that was similar to another world/flashback where you shot DINOSAURS

That's all I remember :(

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

I had a PC game that was similar to another world/flashback where you shot DINOSAURS

That's all I remember :(

Bermuda Syndrome. That was a kickass game.

Saint Septimus
Dec 9, 2005

al-azad posted:

PS1, 3rd person sci-fi adventure. The beginning has you as this bearded dude that steps out of a cryotube butt naked. You meet up with a robot (whose name I think was teepo or something weird like that) and walk around fiddling with keypads and poo poo. The two distinct things I remember from the game are A) the main characters nudity in the intro (first time I've ever seen a polygonal dick in a video game) and B) a scene where a door comes slamming down on the protagonist, nearly chopping him in half, and you have to play as the robot or something to find medical aid.

OverBlood. Didn't see any nudity in the two youtube videos I glanced at though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Saint Septimus posted:

OverBlood. Didn't see any nudity in the two youtube videos I glanced at though.

Ah, okay. It was genitalia-less nudity. My mind... must have filled in the dick.