Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news

rivals posted:

Oh poo poo I didn't know you were still doing that. Did you play that Garden Grove show with PBTT? My friend went down for it but I stayed up here.

nah, i haven't been playing with them lately. but we have a week or so around TIH and then a US tour with some bands you may or may not love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!
Yeah but the chances of you guys coming anywhere near SLO is so slim :(

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

So, here's Chicago in summary. One half orgcore, one half FSU http://www.dobi.nu/yourscenesucks/hxc/index.htm

Not an Anthem fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jul 19, 2010

Specific
Aug 14, 2003

I am going to jump on your face, and now some serious dancin'...
I saw Failures a couple weeks ago after not seeing them for a few years. I forgot how much they rule.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Specific posted:

I saw Failures a couple weeks ago after not seeing them for a few years. I forgot how much they rule.

was it the nyc show? Because that ruled. Vaccines slay live. I haven't done drugs since I saw them (lies).

WashinMyGoat
Jan 15, 2002

I'm not sure how much national attention they will get, but the new be My Doppelganger full length is excellent. It's available for preorder through It's Alive Records. Comes out August 31, but you get a download code with the preorder, and you can download 4 tracks on their website http://www.bemydoppelganger.com/

Awesome pop-punk in the vein of D4 and The Ergs.

Specific
Aug 14, 2003

I am going to jump on your face, and now some serious dancin'...

baberaham lincoln posted:

was it the nyc show? Because that ruled. Vaccines slay live. I haven't done drugs since I saw them (lies).

Nah, I saw 'em at dudefest in Indianapolis.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

Specific posted:

Nah, I saw 'em at dudefest in Indianapolis.

oh, nice. That line up looked uh-mazing. Yeah, Failures can't really do wrong live.

Daily Life
Feb 25, 2010

by angerbot
Disorder is touring the west coast!!! The Bay Area and Portland shows are going to be so fun! That band The Corpse is playing in Portland with them and they are amazing. Bog People are also touring with them too. Going to be so crazy!

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Bog People is my jam. Can't wait for vinyl.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.

ChaosNonMusica posted:

Bog People is my jam. Can't wait for vinyl.

Haven't heard them before, I've been really out of the loop lately. They are really good. Why are all the portland bands calling themselves tribes lately? I think thats funny.

Also, CNM, have you heard Nightgaun from AZ? Some of my friends are in it, and its right up your alley. http://www.myspace.com/nightgaun . They are really good, i think they have a 7" coming out.

Rock Strongo
Dec 24, 2004

"It's said he killed a dragon once...but not this time"
Was anyone at Sound and Fury? Sucks it got shut down on the terms that it did, but the house show sounded epic.

Also I've been laughing all day at the image of a guy on a motorcycle turning donuts in a mosh pit.

Daily Life
Feb 25, 2010

by angerbot

Daily Life posted:

Disorder is touring the west coast!!! The Bay Area and Portland shows are going to be so fun! That band The Corpse is playing in Portland with them and they are amazing. Bog People are also touring with them too. Going to be so crazy!

Disorder cancelled. Bog People may still tour I heard? Who knows.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
New Bad Religion album has a release date set for September 28, and there's a song streaming

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

If you don't like swastikas then you DON'T DESERVE A TATTOO

Rock Strongo posted:

Also I've been laughing all day at the image of a guy on a motorcycle turning donuts in a mosh pit.

Excuse me, what?

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Kim Jong-Chill posted:

Excuse me, what?

http://www.altpress.com/news/entry/sound_and_fury_festival_canceled_after_riot/

Dude brings motorcycle into pit during Backtrack's set at Sound & Fury Fest in SB, riot ensues, rest of festival gets canceled. Apparently a bunch of the bands playing the fest played a house show afterward which ALSO got shut down (I think), but there were like 400 people crammed into a suburban backyard.

e: I don't think he actually did donuts or did anything in the pit, just kind of sat on his motorcycle and moshed occasionally. There's a pic floating around where people are moshing, and the man on the motorcycle is clearly moshing, and the people who are moshing are acting completely oblivious to the fact that there is a guy on a motorcycle moshing next to them.

Radio Spiricom fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jul 27, 2010

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

loving rad. That is seriously the most awesome thing I have ever heard/seen.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

That is hilarious. I love how that cop/security guard is just standing there chilling in the second picture.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
So I recently was at the university library and I discovered that they had tape decks hooked up to a couple of computers. I immediately went home and tore up my apartment to find a couple of hardcore tapes I've been holding on to since high school, both from a local band that at various times spelled its name "Illithid" or "Illithed". I pulled the music off of them and made mp3s to listen to, since I hadn't heard them in about ten years (I still know nearly all the words!), and then got permission from the band to distribute the files. People seem to like them as much now as folks did a decade ago.

Since the free mp3s thread is only for officially offered mp3s, here they are, along with scans of the covers.

Pope Guilty fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 3, 2010

inside a pyramid
May 1, 2008
myspace.com/satellitesleep

Satellite Sleep (Australia) for fans of Gaza, Curl Up And Die, Envy, Jesu, Destroyer Destroyer etc.

free demo link on the page.

Competition
Apr 3, 2006

by Fistgrrl
Just rereged and wanted to share that due to taking an exam two months ago I missed my window to get tickets to see Set Your Goals and New Found Glory in a 100 person venue. I wanted to cry.

New Paul Baribeau aint too bad, I've also been listening to a lot of Chuck Ragan and Tim Barry.

a slime
Apr 11, 2005

I saw Gaza with Converge and Kylesa last night, the vocalist from Gaza is giant and lanky and weird as hell but it ruled

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
So I've been on an 80s hardcore kick lately and I'm having problems finding artists I haven't heard of before in the same genre and allmusic.com is leaving me blue balled. I tried Flipper's Generic and some Minutemen but urgh I just want loud, fast, Descendents-type of stuff and Black Flag's Damaged (didn't like My War much). Minor Threat is awesome, and I like Bad Brains but I really don't like reggae at all so I wind up skipping a bunch of their tracks. The Replacements' Sorry Ma is pretty awesome but I don't like their alternative stuff much.

Apologies if this is super broad or whatever, I'm just at a loss :(

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

scuz posted:

So I've been on an 80s hardcore kick lately and I'm having problems finding artists I haven't heard of before in the same genre and allmusic.com is leaving me blue balled. I tried Flipper's Generic and some Minutemen but urgh I just want loud, fast, Descendents-type of stuff and Black Flag's Damaged (didn't like My War much). Minor Threat is awesome, and I like Bad Brains but I really don't like reggae at all so I wind up skipping a bunch of their tracks. The Replacements' Sorry Ma is pretty awesome but I don't like their alternative stuff much.

This has been discussed so many times in the request/where do I start with x thread its not even funny. I was going to be really helpful, but then I got lazy so here's what you're going to do: Pick up comps like This Is Boston Not L.A, Flex Your Head, Let Them Eat Jelly Beans, Middle of America, and the American Hardcore soundtrack, decide which bands are good, go buy those bands' albums. Also snag Regan Youth, Urban Waste, and Warzone, because they won't be on any of those comps. You could also snag Revelation 100 if you want to dip your listening toes into Youth Crew.

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news
ENVY - 2010 TOUR DATES
09/25/10 Baltimore, MD The Ottobar *
09/26/10 Philadelphia, PA First Unitarian Church *
09/28/10 Allston, MA Harper's Ferry **
09/29/10 Providence, RI Jerky's Live Music Hall **
09/30/10 New York, NY Santos Party House**
10/01/10 New Haven, CT Lily's Pad at Toad's Place**
10/02/10 Toronto, ON Sneaky Dee's**
10/04/10 Buffalo, NY Mohawk Place**
10/05/10 Pittsburgh, PA Rex Theater **
10/06/10 Cleveland, OH Grog Shop **
10/07/10 Detroit, MI Magic Stick**
10/08/10 Chicago, IL Reggie's Rock Club**
10/09/10 Minneapolis, MN Triple Rock**
10/10/10 Lawrence, KS Jackpot Music Hall**
10/12/10 Denver, CO Bluebird Theater**
10/13/10 Ogden, UT The Basement**
10/15/10 Seattle, WA El Corazon***
10/16/10 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theater***
10/18/10 San Francisco, CA Cafe Du Nord ***
10/19/10 Anaheim, CA Chain Reaction ***
10/20/10 West Hollywood, CA Troubadour***
10/22/10 San Diego, CA The Casbah***
10/23/10 Mesa, AZ The Underground***
10/25/10 Denton, TX Rubber Gloves***
10/26/10 Austin, TX Emo's Alternative Lounging (Indoor) ***
* Touche Amore, And So I Watched You From Afar
** Trash Talk, Touche Amore, And So I Watched You From Afar
*** La Dispute, Touche Amore, And So I Watched You From Afar

:D

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
I would kill a man and steal his vehicle to drive to the Toronto show. Holy poo poo.

Kim Jong-Chill
Nov 16, 2006

Goddamn it. The closest they will be to me is loving Maryland.

Daily Life
Feb 25, 2010

by angerbot

scuz posted:

killfromtheheart.com is really good for hardcore. Read MRR reviews of bands from so many different countries! I recommend just checking out comps. What kind of hardcore stuff do you like? There are so many different subgenres and things that happened in the 80's you can find really anything. Personal recommendations of three bands I've been listening to a lot lately: http://www.killfromtheheart.com/albums.php?id=6242&band_id=3027 , http://www.killfromtheheart.com/albums.php?id=3207&band_id=1220 , and http://www.killfromtheheart.com/albums.php?id=1585&band_id=699 . Part Time Christians are Bay Area hardcore that is really grinding and brutal. Half the songs are "serious" and the other half are "silly" in which they sing about bowling and whatnot. Neurotic Arseholes are awesome. I can't really describe them but they are fast and catchy and even if you can't speak German, you'll be trying to sing along. Siege are just so loving hardcore and insane and worth checking out. Have fun!

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Parachute Underwear posted:

I would kill a man and steal his vehicle to drive to the Toronto show. Holy poo poo.

First thing I did after reading that was send death threats to my toronto buddy. The search for a ride begins NOW.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

lifeloveregret posted:

ENVY - 2010 TOUR DATES
09/25/10 Baltimore, MD The Ottobar *
09/26/10 Philadelphia, PA First Unitarian Church *
09/28/10 Allston, MA Harper's Ferry **
09/29/10 Providence, RI Jerky's Live Music Hall **
09/30/10 New York, NY Santos Party House**
10/02/10 Toronto, ON Sneaky Dee's**
10/04/10 Buffalo, NY Mohawk Place**
10/05/10 Pittsburgh, PA Rex Theater **
10/06/10 Cleveland, OH Grog Shop **
10/07/10 Detroit, MI Magic Stick**
10/08/10 Chicago, IL Reggie's Rock Club**
10/09/10 Minneapolis, MN Triple Rock**
10/10/10 Lawrence, KS Jackpot Music Hall**
10/12/10 Denver, CO Bluebird Theater**
10/13/10 Ogden, UT The Basement**
10/15/10 Seattle, WA El Corazon***
10/16/10 Portland, OR Hawthorne Theater***
10/18/10 San Francisco, CA Cafe Du Nord ***
10/19/10 Anaheim, CA Chain Reaction ***
10/20/10 West Hollywood, CA Troubadour***
10/22/10 San Diego, CA The Casbah***
10/23/10 Mesa, AZ The Underground***
10/25/10 Denton, TX Rubber Gloves***
10/26/10 Austin, TX Emo's Alternative Lounging (Indoor) ***
* Touche Amore, And So I Watched You From Afar
** Trash Talk, Touche Amore, And So I Watched You From Afar
*** La Dispute, Touche Amore, And So I Watched You From Afar

I just poo poo my pants.

I may go to NY to see them just because they're playing at Andrew WK's venue. Holy poo poo seeing Envy and rocking out with Andrew WK at the same time (possibly) would be too much.

EDIT: Where did you find the dates?

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Aug 5, 2010

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Pantalones! posted:

First thing I did after reading that was send death threats to my toronto buddy. The search for a ride begins NOW.

Word, although I've practically given up on any good shows ever happening in Ottawa, you'd at least think Montreal would have a decent enough amount of people who'd want to see them :(

Pantalones!
Sep 13, 2005

by Fistgrrl

Parachute Underwear posted:

Word, although I've practically given up on any good shows ever happening in Ottawa, you'd at least think Montreal would have a decent enough amount of people who'd want to see them :(

The funny thing is montreal has a really bad scene. Half the people at shows drove from ottawa most of the time.

Pantalones! fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 5, 2010

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

lifeloveregret posted:

Are you touring with TA on this one?

lifeloveregret
Nov 29, 2005

start spreading the news

rivals posted:

Are you touring with TA on this one?

yeah, so say hi

El Jorge
Feb 26, 2006

A spiritus dominatus,
Domine, libra nos,
From the lighting and the tempest,
Our Emperor, deliver us.

A morte perpetua,
Domine, libra nos.
I've just closed the Expedia tab. I think I may go to the Portland date!

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
gently caress The South.

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access
Saw a pretty amazing CTHC reunion show tonight, I'm not sure how well known these names are but Brass Caskets, Dead Wrong, Follow Through, Tyrant Trooper, Mind War and Higher Force played.

Also seeing Bane on the 13th :whatup:

punxnbutter
May 22, 2007

Nonsense is better than no sense at all

lifeloveregret posted:

ENVY - 2010 TOUR DATES

loving Toad's....oh well I'll still be there.

act five
Jul 13, 2007

the industry is a fagfest, rappers wearin they boxers backwards for easy access
I've actually never been to a show in the lily's pad. How is it compared to toad's main floor?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

It just amounts to nothing more than a little swank martini bar type room without a stage, you can't really compare them. Manic's been putting shows on there a lot more recently, and are putting on a hosed Up show Sept. 7, and a Defiance, Ohio show a week later. They wanted to do these shows all ages, too, and there really aren't too many all ages options in the New Haven area.

Radio Spiricom fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Aug 7, 2010