Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Sniep posted:

o ok

um i guess go creative commons? way to go linux, now when i have kids they get to watch stick figures

isn't that actually the opposite of what will happen as copyrights expire or w/e

Public domain snipe :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Evan
Nov 29, 2004

Apple ][ Cash Money
nothing enters the public domain anymore, dipshit

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Sniep posted:

who the gently caress thinks a mspaint of a lovely dragon balls z scene is worthy of anything encyclopedic

:siren::spergin::siren: trap found :siren::spergin::siren:

The Evan
Nov 29, 2004

Apple ][ Cash Money
lol

z0rge Costanza
Jul 30, 2006

My posting...it's shit Jerry! Shit!

The Evan posted:

lol

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

and it's only used on the street fighter page

the street fighter talk page owns

quote:

linux

Are Linux screenshots necessary?

No. Just looks like some cheap advertising to me. Even the word Linux has been highlighted in italics. Nerval, I don't mind the one screenshot but I don't approve of you pasting advertisements for your operating system everywhere. Besides, it's just an emu. At least remove the mention of 'linux' in every single caption. These are emulations of arcade games. Not linux. I don't want to offend you but your intention is obvious. --Mysterious Bob 16:02, 5 April 2006 (UTC)

The screenshots are totally inappropriate, I agree - As for Street Fighter Alpha 3 for example, it's just wrong for a screenshot of a game in "384 x 224"-resolution to be 1280x1024, 728kb in size and to show more of the firefox browser than of the actual game.

Took new ingame screenshots and replaced the old ones. Added two of the three linux-screenshots to the category "Orphaned unfree images" because they're no longer used. Going to remove them next week (tag them for speedy deletion). elias.hc 20:21, 15 April 2006 (UTC)

Ahh... it's nice to see that the change has been made. Great screenshots. Thanks. I might add shots for the rest of the games tommorow including SF1. --Mysterious Bob 22:50, 18 April 2006 (UTC)

Ouch I see this late :) I don't mind those screenshots being removed at all, I just took those screenshots under my computer and I'm not sure about copyright issues. I mean, I did use this operating system and that program to get that screenshot; would it be okay if I didn't mention it? If it is, then I should have presented only the picture. Now that there are in half pictures, it's okay though :) Cheers; --Nerval 07:51, 5 May 2006 (UTC)

quote:

Can somebody please stop adding Japanese flags to all the characters? Akuma and Gouken have never been confirmed Japanese (Akuma has appeared in Thailand, China, Japan, and his own island in the south Pacific). This is confirmed in SFIV where both of these characters do not have flags on the select screen, even though everybody else does. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 81.141.22.60 (talk) 18:09, 4 August 2009 (UTC)

It is explained that akuma and gouken are Japan. Peep at the official of Japan(SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV) with the translation machine if you think that it is a lie. 211.122.241.79 (talk) 12:00, 10 May 2010 (UTC)

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The Evan posted:

i've gotta say, i've never been so immensely creeped-out by mnemonic devices before

personal favorite is for resistor color codes:

black boys rape our young girls but vicky goes willingly

z0rge Costanza
Jul 30, 2006

My posting...it's shit Jerry! Shit!
i learned it as

"black boys rape our young girls but Violet gives willingly"

this education was paid for by the American taxpayer

The Evan
Nov 29, 2004

Apple ][ Cash Money
violet and vicky sound like sluts

:quagmire:

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

it's been a while since someone posted a nws picture from wikipedia, so there's this:

:nws:the picture included in the Hirsutism article:nws:

Wikipedia posted:

Summary

Description
English: A woman with hypertrichosis.

Date
7 June 1989(1989-06-07)

Source
I took the picture with the consent of my Iranian girlfriend.

Author
John Parker

Permission
(Reusing this file)

See below.

good thing it's in the public domain

The Evan
Nov 29, 2004

Apple ][ Cash Money
"don't click that... don't click that... don't click that... *click* :barf:"

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

that picture is obviously scanned from a book

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

The Evan posted:

Yeah that is one of the most disgusting things I have ever seen

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

qirex posted:

yeah it probably isn't his Iranian girlfriend

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

qirex posted:

uhhhhhm excuse me
some of us have actual contact with real women you know :smug:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Rufo posted:

contact with real women

disgusting

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

RZApublican posted:

yeah it probably isn't his Iranian girlfriend

Hirsutism is a symptom rather than a disease and may be a sign of a more serious medical condition, like being Iranian.

.lnk to the past
May 3, 2005

psoting while drunk

lazar wulf posted:

Hirsutism is a symptom rather than a disease and may be a sign of a more serious medical condition, like being Iranian.

citation needed

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Sniep posted:

who the gently caress thinks a mspaint of a lovely dragon balls z scene is worthy of anything encyclopedic

the hadoken is from street fighter you n00b

yeah yeah, trap sprung, idgaf :colbert:

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

The Evan posted:

basically. also, it's nice to know there's a hairier nationality than italian.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Mnemotics have always been outrageous, disgusting, and/or blasphemous, going all the way back to the middle ages. Studying them was considered scandalous for that reason.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Please Excuse My Dear Aunty Sally will probably slip your mind at some point but you'll remember goatse for the rest of your goddamn life.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_marriage
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_marriage_acceptance
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_marriage_incidence
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_marriage_jealousy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_marriage_relationship
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_marriage_styles

wikipedia is really loving into open marriages.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Aleksei Vasiliev posted:

wikipedia editor "Kc62301" is really loving into open marriages.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

axolotl farmer posted:

:siren::spergin::siren: trap found :siren::spergin::siren:

wasnt it street fighter?

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epic_fail
this is v. important to be in an encyclopedia

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.
Oh man, if this thread had been around a few years ago I could have trumped the whole lot of you. It seems to have been taken down now, but the List of fictional yetis would have won this hands down. The only things listed were the two evolutions of the yeti-themed pokemon.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Mr. Vile posted:

Oh man, if this thread had been around a few years ago I could have trumped the whole lot of you. It seems to have been taken down now, but the List of fictional yetis would have won this hands down. The only things listed were the two evolutions of the yeti-themed pokemon.

thanks for telling us about your wikipedia article posting history

The Harvard Comma
Apr 21, 2009

Highlights of his global tour include encounters with Nelson Mandela, an 800-year-old demigod and a dildo collector.
apparently this topic is winnable?

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

Sniep posted:

thanks for telling us about your wikipedia article posting history

I ran across it ages ago and it just stuck in my mind for how sublimely ridiculous it was. v:shobon:v

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

Mr. Vile posted:

I ran across it ages ago and it just stuck in my mind for how sublimely ridiculous it was. v:shobon:v

Clearly the list of non-fictional yetis was also deemed unimportant

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

The Harvard Comma posted:

apparently this topic is winnable?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fan_fiction_terms

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

"Het" is the opposite of "slash" (by most of the term's definitions) and femslash, yaoi, shounen-ai, yuri or shoujo-ai, classifying a romance and/or sexually explicit story which has as its main focus a heterosexual relationship.

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_words_not_widely_used_in_the_United_Kingdom

Furnok Dorn
Mar 30, 2004
SOCIALLY WORTHLESS SHUT-IN NERD
british people seriously refer to a booger as a bogey?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

haha stupid yanks and their silly words

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
"freedom" :smugdog:

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

"civilised"

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
butte

really

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

talk page

Wikipedia posted:

Vegthro

Okay, I have been looking at some VeggieTales fan fictions and fan pics and I keep coming up with the word “Vegthro.” After some research, I’ve learned it means “the concept of turning VeggieTales characters into humans.” I don’t know if this would go under this category or where to put it. Lady of Versailles 02:11, 12 August 2007 (UTC)

That's kind of interesting, but unless it's part of a multi-fandom naming pattern, I'm afraid it's a bit too specific and obscure to be suited for this article (otherwise, we'd be inviting a million fans to add the countless dozens of slang terms for their thousands of fandoms and communities. You might be able to work it in as a trivia item in the VeggieTales article or something, though. :) 4.238.13.115 23:25, 29 September 2007 (UTC)