Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
redditposting itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanofan69
Mar 26, 2005

by Ralp

blurry cattelet wants an audi

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
ugh take off those ugly monitor stickers

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

my monitor was designed for windows vista so i can't install win7

beanofan69
Mar 26, 2005

by Ralp
sorry but i sleep better knowing i am win7 compatible, eco friendly, and energy star compliant

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Intensive Porpoises posted:

my monitor was designed for windows vista so i can't install win7

sorry about your planned obsolescence

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
on my netbook i took off all the stickers except for the Atom logo, because i like to remind myself that i make bad decisions

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003

Sniep posted:

on my netbook i took off all the stickers except for the Atom logo, because i like to remind myself that i make bad decisions

your homepage must be your post history, then

z0rge Costanza
Jul 30, 2006

My posting...it's shit Jerry! Shit!
lol

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Kirk posted:

your homepage must be your post history, then

fffff

clamiam
Mar 4, 2008

IF A ROBOT IS BUILT IN THE FORM OF HUMAN BEINGS IT IS HARAAM

clamiam posted:

:effort:

gently caress did i just make a lolcat pic

:suicide:

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

taafis
Dec 1, 2008

keep it nappy or braided up dirty in the cockpit, blazin' up

Hatebreed posted:

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

people that get their pets high should be dumped in a shallow grave

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
a:waste of drugs b: they react poorly to them

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

a:waste of drugs b: they react poorly to them

c cats have their own drug that they sell in the pet aisle

JumpinJackFlash
Nov 15, 2001
yeah but orange cats own.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

TOOT BOOT posted:

c cats have their own drug that they sell in the pet aisle

i grow that drug in my front yard in a big planter that i put out in the sun every morning

its fun to just grab a few catnip leaves on my way in the door and wreck my cat asap

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

JumpinJackFlash posted:

just gonna quote this here

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

Rahu posted:

redditposting itt

http://picardunderstands.ytmnd.com/

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

JumpinJackFlash posted:

:hf:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

El Jackalope posted:

tail-cross = end to gang wars

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

hot dog meat burger
Nov 21, 2009

by mons al-madeen
look at those gently caress me eyes

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hot dog meat burger posted:

look at those gently caress me eyes

is this u

quote:

I Think I'm Going About This Cat-Breeding Thing All Wrong
BY STAN MORROW
CAT BREEDER

Last October, my dear wife Lois passed on. The first few months after her death were extremely difficult for me, as I missed her very much. Then, one day, my pastor recommended I take up a hobby to help me get my mind off things.

Now, I've always been what you might call a lover of cats, so I decided to take up cat-breeding. And, while nothing will ever replace my Lois, I have found cat-breeding to be an extremely enjoyable pastime. Only problem is, after months of trying, I still haven't seen a single litter from those furry little gals. I'm beginning to think I'm going about this cat-breeding thing all wrong.

To be honest, I haven't the slightest idea what the problem is. As far as I can tell, I'm doing everything right. I wait until they're well in heat, rubbing up against me and yowling to be serviced. At that point, I bring them out back to the shed, where I've prepared a special breeding area.

It's cool and dark in the shed, just the way cats are supposed to like it. There are candles and nice music, too. (Actually, those are mostly for me. I know it sounds selfish, since I'm not the one giving birth to the kittens, but I like the experience to be special for me, too.) I've even laid down soft blankets where the actual breeding takes place, and put up chicken wire so my skittish lovelies can't run far if they get scared.

At that point, I'm ready to consummate the breeding process. Gently but firmly, I hold them down with one hand while I carefully and lovingly breed them with the other. You'd be surprised–the tail hardly gets in the way at all. Sometimes I'm afraid I'm hurting them, but all the books I've read say that cats tend to yowl and scratch when breeding, so I usually don't worry too much. (Heck, I yowl and scratch, too, sometimes.) The worst was the time Mrs. Purrs slashed my thigh. She couldn't help it, though—cats' instincts are so strong.

According to the books, the actual mechanical act of cat-breeding only takes a few seconds, but, just to be sure, I usually breed each cat for about 30 to 40 minutes.

It seems like I'm doing everything correctly. But after months of trying, not a single kitten has been produced. So, for the past few weeks, I've been breeding them twice as hard and long, making sure to get each of my darlings right on the money. Especially Princess. I've really enjoyed breeding her. She's a delicate Persian with a long, white coat that's just gorgeous. She's always been my favorite. I've rung her bell loud and long, and for weeks I've been imagining tiny little kittens with her beautiful coat and twinkling eyes.

But still, even after redoubling my efforts, none of them has yet to catch pregnant. Bewildered by my lack of success, I went to the doctor last Saturday to get myself checked out. Except for an unusual amount of lacerations and scrapes in my "area," the doctor said I seemed just fine. Not only that, all my tests came back negative. Obviously, either there's something wrong with my method, or there's something wrong with my precious little ones.

Concerned, I dropped off Princess, Dusty and Mrs. Purrs at the veterinarian the other day, and explained the problem. Yesterday, though, I got a call back from the receptionist at the vet's office, and she seemed very upset. For some reason, they won't let me have the cats back. I was shocked–I'd tried so hard to get it right. I hung up the phone, determined to learn more about the breeding process.

I've been reading ever since. I'll breed those cats again someday. I can feel it.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

:love: the Onion

Cat Congress Mired In Sunbeam

Sen. Creamsicle (D-ND) rails against subsidies to the litter rake industry.
Article Tools

WASHINGTON—The current session of the 111th Cat Congress was once again suspended Tuesday following the sudden introduction of a sunbeam onto the Senate floor, a development that has left a majority of transfixed lawmakers unable to move forward.

The ray of sunlight, which first appears in the official record at 11:30 a.m., interrupted debate over S. 391, a proposal to provide underprivileged felines with universal access to scratching posts.

"We've come up against an unforeseen circumstance, but we'll resume deliberation and voting as quickly as is reasonably possible," said majority leader and Budget Committee chaircat Sen. Creamsicle (D-ND), stretching out to his entire length and repeatedly kneading the chamber carpet. "I think I speak for most of my colleagues when I say that, while it is extremely important we continue the legislative work at hand, we must first give this warm and bright beam of light the due consideration it deserves."

"And we should, er, debate this for as long as it takes," added Creamsicle, softly swishing his tail back and forth. "Perhaps all day, if we have to."

A majority of senators seemed to agree with Creamsicle. Eighty-nine of the 100 congresscats present immediately joined the new Sunbeam Investigative Committee, and a number of subcommittees are also reported to have been created, the largest of which has been tasked with determining the value of lazily batting at rising dust motes while half-asleep.

A small minority of feline senators, however, took issue with the procedural delay. Sen. Poppy (D-DE) was especially vocal, claiming that the Senate should ignore the seemingly intractable sunbeam issue and continue with other, more pressing matters.

"This irresponsible stoppage is absolutely unacceptable," Poppy said. "Frivolous distractions like these are robbing our constituents of the soft, cozy shafts of…I mean, the reforms they so desperately need…so desperately need… I yield my remaining time."

Some legislators refused to participate in the debate altogether, most notably Sen. Ruby (R-SC), who spent several hours sitting motionless in front of the northwest wall of the Cat Capitol Building, staring unblinkingly at an unknown object.

The sunbeam marked the fourth event to suspend congressional activity this week. According to sources, other disruptions included a thunderclap on Monday that instantly adjourned proceedings; Wednesday's chaotic introduction of a laser pointer; and the discovery of a large cardboard box in the Capitol Rotunda Thursday that prompted minority whip Sen. Tiddles (R-TN) to call a recess so that he could sit inside of it.

None of these delays, however, compares to the appearance of a small sparrow outside the congressional chamber last month, which completely mesmerized House Speaker Jeffy-Boy (D-CA) and brought all government activity to a standstill for approximately 17 minutes.

Big Stripey, founder of the influential political watchdog committeelitter.com, said he isn't surprised by the latest sunbeam debacle, claiming that years of corruption and mating scandals have shown just how ineffectual the current Cat Congress really is.

"Our lawmakers were elected to serve the common cat, not their own self-interests," Big Stripey said. "With over 6 percent of the population stray, millions more going hungry or only getting dry food, and the dogs next door developing a very real litter of puppies, we need action now for the sake of our kittens and our kittens' kittens."

"We're not paying these idiots to sit around and lick each other all day," Big Stripey added.

Many congressional insiders refuted accusations of indolence, saying that the rigorous schedule of cat legislators entitles them to periodic breaks in addition to their 18 scheduled hours of sleep per day.

"Our Founding Toms understood that certain provisions must be made in the interest of the public good," congressional spokescat Georgina said. "Democracy is not always so cut and dried. Sunbeams are going to happen. Vacuum cleaners are going to happen. Those little springy wires with a piece of cardboard at the end are going to happen. It's simply the way the system works."

According to late reports, the Cat Congress had briefly reconvened due to cloudy weather, but was quickly adjourned again after a crumpled up piece of aluminum foil suddenly rolled across the Senate floor.

Kirk
Sep 22, 2003
i would vote in the cat congressman elections

LT.CrownRoast
Mar 20, 2009

by XyloJW

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
would unironically watch CAT-SPAN

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

fork bomb posted:

tail-cross = end to gang wars

:xd:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Jonny 290 posted:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

El Jackalope posted:

but years of peace made them fat and complacent

also their tails got stuck that way

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
requiem for a kitty dream.jpg

Air Force Bake Sale
Aug 19, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

Air Force Bake Sale
Aug 19, 2005

Trig Discipline posted:

but years of peace made them fat and complacent

also their tails got stuck that way

and voilà

Air Force Bake Sale
Aug 19, 2005

Jonny 290 posted:

requiem for a kitty dream.jpg

lol

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Air Force Bake Sale posted:

and voilà

gang war's back on, luckily they're too fat to fight

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yeah those are some tubby kitties

Air Force Bake Sale
Aug 19, 2005

Trig Discipline posted:

gang war's back on, luckily they're too fat to fight

they got back-up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Air Force Bake Sale posted:

they got back-up