Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm hearing rumors (rumors, mind you) that it is kind of a Little Big Planet version of Mega Man, where players can creation various combinations of levels and powers, and Capcom will be selling more as DLC. It seems too good to be true, but we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
I will pay in advance for this game. Little Big Megaman is a perfect idea.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Sourdough Sam posted:

Battle Network, although incredibly gay and for babby, has some REALLY creative redesigns of a couple robot masters.

I dunno man, considering the normal Megaman games don't ever explain anything coherently and can't even kill one old dude in 10+ games, BN is a hell of a lot darker

Wily openly executes anyone who fails, Hub is literally a dead baby, you watch a dude get crushed to death in a castle trap, and Wily's backstory is kinda depressing. And he dies.

And that's only the first and second games, I dunno what goes on in 3-6.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Captain Invictus posted:

I dunno man, considering the normal Megaman games don't ever explain anything coherently and can't even kill one old dude in 10+ games, BN is a hell of a lot darker

Wily openly executes anyone who fails, Hub is literally a dead baby, you watch a dude get crushed to death in a castle trap, and Wily's backstory is kinda depressing. And he dies.

And that's only the first and second games, I dunno what goes on in 3-6.

He comes back.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Why am I not surprised. Still, the rest of the stuff stands.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

This Mega Man Universe is looking like it could be like Super Mario Crossover and I am really interested in it.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
As in, poorly optimised and only appeals to spergy loonies?

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

Drox posted:

That sure was a thing. Anywhere that actually talks about what it IS?

Whatever it is, I want it.

Clockspider
Oct 10, 2007

Mega Man Universe looks loving fantastic. I want to own it so bad.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Clockspider posted:

Mega Man Universe looks loving fantastic. I want to own it so bad.

Uhh haven't seen any actual gameplay yet I don't think.

A Megaman LBP is a good idea, though. Hope it comes out for 360.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Gammatron 64 posted:

Uhh haven't seen any actual gameplay yet I don't think.

A Megaman LBP is a good idea, though. Hope it comes out for 360.

We don't know much about it except that, really - it's a 360 Arcade and PSN game.

Drox
Aug 9, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Well gently caress

The Year 20XX
Mar 26, 2008

Minimal typos.
Holy poo poo whatever that game is I'm sold. The use of the MM1 boxart dude excited me more than anything else. I want to play as that guy so bad.

Dresh
Jun 15, 2008

hrmph.

The Year 20XX posted:

Holy poo poo whatever that game is I'm sold. The use of the MM1 boxart dude excited me more than anything else. I want to play as that guy so bad.

I want to be able to use/make all 6 of the ugly/realistic Mega Men, they can throw in 10's versions of Proto Man and Bass while they're at it.

Melloran
Nov 3, 2004

Inafune talked about Universe more at Comic-Con yesterday.

http://kotaku.com/5594213/the-father-of-mega-man-explains-mega-man-universe

My interest is more focused in the last paragraph however if what is being hinted as is true.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Megaman Legends 3 is the one game I've truly wanted since ~2000. MM9+MM10 and the MMZ/MMZX games were fun, but something about MML's world, the pseudo-cel shading, the villains, the music... I hope he's getting at what it seems like he's getting at.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
If it's Mega Man Legends 3, I will poo poo.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Atticus Finch posted:

If it's Mega Man Legends 3, I will poo poo.

I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up right now. You don't even know. For MML3, by the way, not you making GBS threads.

BloodDesk UnderHell
Sep 24, 2007

Wow! He licks good boot!
I can't wait to see what horrible voice they come up for Trigger this time.

Refresh my memory please: Did the second game end with Mega Man on the moon? All I remember is Roll and Tron having a near catfight and ignoring a suddenly talking Data.

Tapeta
Aug 31, 2004
Ekaru Hoppa Do Pe Tapeta
Megaman is chilling on a space station or something with the two green-haired girls that want his body.

Meanwhile on the planet, two other girls that want his body are fighting over how to make a spaceship to get him while Data tries to help

At least that's what I remember.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

BloodDesk UnderHell posted:

I can't wait to see what horrible voice they come up for Trigger this time.

This kind of video game goes hand in hand with cheesy voice acting. I for one am hoping for some Koei level voice talent.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I never got to play Legends, all this talk about it was makes me feel like I really missed out on something amazing.

Retrograde
Jan 22, 2007

Strange game-- the only winning move is not to play.

Azubah posted:

I never got to play Legends, all this talk about it was makes me feel like I really missed out on something amazing.

Neither have i, though i have the PC version of the first one, getting it to run would probably be an act of god though

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

Azubah posted:

I doubt it's aged very well, and even in the PSX days I think it was fairly cheesy, but I played the hell out of it.

I perfected kicking the can in the trash bucket, and I'd zoom around and jump from rooftop to rooftop, not even playing the real game. It's hard for me to say exactly why I loved it, like I could with the side scrolling megaman games, but drat if I didn't sink as many hours into it as I did into Final Fantasy.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chinaman7000 posted:

I doubt it's aged very well, and even in the PSX days I think it was fairly cheesy, but I played the hell out of it.

I perfected kicking the can in the trash bucket, and I'd zoom around and jump from rooftop to rooftop, not even playing the real game. It's hard for me to say exactly why I loved it, like I could with the side scrolling megaman games, but drat if I didn't sink as many hours into it as I did into Final Fantasy.

Its aged fairly well simply because the psuedo-cell shading still makes everything pop. Not to mention the actual gameplay is some solid dungeon-crawl and loot collecting with a healthy mixture of over world exploration and side-quests. They're still really fun games and I'd recommend them to anybody still to this day.

That said MML2, as opposed to MML and Misadventures of Tron Bonne, all but requires some cheating to get money because gently caress collecting the capital the game wants you to.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's clunky as hell but it's also fun.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I think there's a Legends Let's Play going on right now, so maybe you could go take a look, get a feel for the game.

I just wish Sony would've let the Legends ports on PSP come over.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Azubah posted:

I made a video of Megaman Legends, it explains the entire game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiwfOUr7oR0

I really hope that if this MML3 thing is true that they get as many of the original voice actors as they can. If Teisel doesn't sound like he did it won't be the same.

Ooohh I'll get that little blue boy :argh:

Optilux
Feb 8, 2004
Gather unto Me, my children...We must all become as Light
I'd prefer Misadventures of Tron Bonne 2 - difficulty upped and with more quest variety.

It'd work as a sandbox game, really, with the Gesselschaft flying overland to different heist and dig sites, and with a massive interconnected network of underground dungeons.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Part of it for me was that it didn't take itself so seriously as MM/MMX/MMZ did. Mega was a clueless kid, Barrel and Roll were kinda airheaded too, Tiesel and Tron were both leagues more interesting, entertaining, and memorable than Wily or Sigma just because they weren't inexplicably evil folks who only show up in the last level, but blundering pirates that you thwarted at every turn.

MML2 got a little bit more out-there with some of the plot, but there was still plenty of silliness. That's why I have such good memories of it... and yeah, Tiesel and Tron and at the very least need the same VAs. And Volnutt should have his MML1 VA if possible.

I played 2 for the first time years ago and I could only think that Volnutt sounded very similar to one of the characters off that anime with all the girl power rangers in school outfits that was on before DBZ.

BloodDesk UnderHell
Sep 24, 2007

Wow! He licks good boot!

Overbite posted:

I made a video of Megaman Legends, it explains the entire game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiwfOUr7oR0

I really hope that if this MML3 thing is true that they get as many of the original voice actors as they can. If Teisel doesn't sound like he did it won't be the same.

Ooohh I'll get that little blue boy :argh:

I ragged on the voices for Mega Man but I agree about the voice actor for Teisel. "LET'S DO IT!"

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro
Oh man, I'm trying not to get my hopes up but if Mega Man Legends 3 is finally coming, I'll be so loving happy. :unsmith: They NEED to get Teisel's voice actor back though, he was perfect for that role.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
All of you wanting MML3... I hate everyone of you. X9 forever

Barudak
May 7, 2007

g0lbez posted:

One of these series had only good games and one of these went down the shitter like a brick in oil after entry number 3.

You'll probably get X9 whenever Capcom decides to make another retro-downloadable for the PSN and XBLA when they think people are sick of original Megaman throwbacks.

Panic Restaurant
Jul 19, 2006

:retrogames: :3: :retrogames:

Pork Pro

g0lbez posted:

What about those of us who desperately want both? Plus it's been what, like 10-11 years since Legends 2 whereas it's only been 5 or 6 since X8? Legends should come first since it's been nearly twice as long. :colbert:

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

Barudak posted:

You'll probably get X9 whenever Capcom decides to make another retro-downloadable for the PSN and XBLA when they think people are sick of original Megaman throwbacks.
Not so much sick of as they just think it's the next logical place to go, in an interview somewhere Inafune said they were looking to make a 16-bit game and I doubt it would be in the vein of 7.

Legends 3 definitely has my interest even though I know I'll be disappointed at the 360/PS3 release because I only own a Wii.

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Electromax posted:

...and yeah, Tiesel and Tron and at the very least need the same VAs. And Volnutt should have his MML1 VA if possible.

In the first game MegaMan was voiced by an actual kid; I somehow doubt he sounds the same now.

The Bonnes are more important anyway. I'd almost rather have a Misadventures 2 than Legends 3.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Azubah posted:

I played the first one, and I don't feel like you did.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

g0lbez posted:

I too want closure dammit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Just kind of stumbled upon this and holy poo poo. Someone is "making" a 2.5 megaman 2 remake.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6KMAm_228s&feature=related