Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Programmable Soda
Aug 8, 2008

Firequirks posted:

Another example of her in-depth study of the culture of celebrity. :) It also reminds me of how there's been the recent M.I.A. hate (I guess Seinfeld too) and Gaga just never responds. The lack of response just shifts the story and sentiment so well. There is nothing to be gained by firing back, and over time the accuser is just seen as being kind of a jerk.

Oh M.I.A., what happened to you? Can we go just go back to Arular and maybe some of Kala and forget all this? :(

She's a fighter, a nice, nice fighter, of course she's gonna fire back with power, power (Okay. I'll stop now).

A few weeks ago I FINALLY danced my rear end off to Bad Romance. I don't usually go to clubs, and the few times I did for some reason they never played it :(
The worst was when I went with 3 friends to a GaGa party at a local club and pretty much every song of hers was played but Bad Romance. It was almost 5 AM when I decided to call it a night, but two of my friends stayed. It turns out they played it like 5 minutes after I left :sigh:
Anyway, when I heard the opening woooooh oooh I grabbed a friend by the arms and began to jump around like an idiot. Good times :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

The club I go to every week only plays remixes of Alejandro and Bad Romance.

Really bitchin' remixes, but I think Bad Romance can stand on it's own.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I was at a bar/club and it was the normal deal with some people dancing a little and most people just hanging out talking with drinks. "Bad Romance" came on, literally everyone started rocking out, and half the people were singing along. It was unreal.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

I went to the St. Louis concert, and the Westburo baptists were there, and it was really pretty mystifying seeing them in person. They didn't scream or shout hate speech, they just held up their signs and looked at us, like they were protesting bread and butter or something. I didn't feel their hatred or revulsion or anything like that, it was more like seeing a knick-knack at a cheap gift shop: it was neat to see, but not anything to hold your interest.

They were fenced off on the corner opposite the venue, which was really more for their sake than ours. There were like 12 of them compared to our 20,000 and if anything happened it would have been a disaster, but I don't honestly believe any of them would have had the guts--looking at them, their hearts just didn't seem to be in it. They looked like clerks at an eternally empty convenience store: bored out of their minds, just holding up their signs because it was just something to pass the time, just something they had to do. And maybe that lack of hatred--real hatred--was because nobody seemed to be paying attention to them, but I like to think that it was like those days in church when you're a child. You sing and go through the motions, and stand and kneel as you're told, but you don't really feel anything. You're just going with the flow. I like to think that they didn't really mean what they said on the signs, it was just something they had to do because their family told them to. It certainly felt that way. If they really hated anybody, they would have shown it. They would have screamed and gone red in the face, but they didn't. They just stood there, bored.

They had their trademark "God Hates Fags" sign, along with a sign in bright pink and purple that said "Gaga Hates Fags." I don't know if this was a counter-protester who was standing with them as a joke, but it sure was funny to see them blatantly elevating Lady Gaga to the same status as God.

As for the concert, it was amazing oh my god go see it if you get the chance. She performed like 4 songs from her new album and why can't it come out noooooooooooooooooooooooooooow?!?!?!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gothy McAngstydie posted:

They had their trademark "God Hates Fags" sign, along with a sign in bright pink and purple that said "Gaga Hates Fags." I don't know if this was a counter-protester who was standing with them as a joke, but it sure was funny to see them blatantly elevating Lady Gaga to the same status as God.

That sign doesn't even make sense, cause they're protesting because Gaga DOESN'T hate fags. That was their whole reason to be their. To stop the fag love. It must have been someone who was trolling them, like you said, or they're even stupider than I thought. It's like if I was going to go protest the mall for having a store I didn't like open up in it. Let's say The Gap. I hate the Gap, and I hate the mall for having a Gap, so I'm gonna protest. I wouldn't bring a sign that says "The Mall Hates The Gap" because that's just illogical.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

TheJoker138 posted:

That sign doesn't even make sense, cause they're protesting because Gaga DOESN'T hate fags. That was their whole reason to be their. To stop the fag love. It must have been someone who was trolling them, like you said, or they're even stupider than I thought. It's like if I was going to go protest the mall for having a store I didn't like open up in it. Let's say The Gap. I hate the Gap, and I hate the mall for having a Gap, so I'm gonna protest. I wouldn't bring a sign that says "The Mall Hates The Gap" because that's just illogical.

Maybe she really DOES hate fags, and she's just ironically liking them?

Divorced And Curious
Jan 23, 2009

democracy depends on sausage sizzles
Or maybe the Westboro guys are just doing it for attention and provoking fights so they can sue and get filthy rich and y'all should probably ignore it because it doesn't make internal sense to them either~

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Tony Jowns posted:

Or maybe the Westboro guys are just doing it for attention and provoking fights so they can sue and get filthy rich and y'all should probably ignore it because it doesn't make internal sense to them either~

I'm gonna say I think they're smart enough to know why they're protesting someone, but I don't think they're smart enough to try and draw people in like that, especially due to the fact that the rest of their signs have the subtlety of a two by four to the face. The guy who came up with the sign "GOD HATES FAGS" probably isn't some Machiavellian schemer who's trying to get people pissed through some bizarre reverse psychology. He's a redneck who wants to scream about how much he hates dem queers to anyone who will listen. Ignoring them is a good idea, always, but this is...puzzling.

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

TheJoker138 posted:

I'm gonna say I think they're smart enough to know why they're protesting someone, but I don't think they're smart enough to try and draw people in like that, especially due to the fact that the rest of their signs have the subtlety of a two by four to the face. The guy who came up with the sign "GOD HATES FAGS" probably isn't some Machiavellian schemer who's trying to get people pissed through some bizarre reverse psychology. He's a redneck who wants to scream about how much he hates dem queers to anyone who will listen. Ignoring them is a good idea, always, but this is...puzzling.

They're literally all lawyers who make their living through nuisance lawsuits. They really do hate gays, there's no doubt about that, but provoking people into illegal action against them and then suing is their intended goal every time they go out.

Aericina
Mar 3, 2005

Meez, please.
Between the smaller Purdue show and the larger Conseco arena show, there was a noticeable lack of connection with the audience. At Purdue she was always talking to the fans between songs but at Conseco she mentioned her charity for equality and a few this and that things about individuality. I wonder if this is a symptom of playing to a larger venue that is not as intimate.

I was in the nosebleeds at the first show but stage center front row a couple of days ago and Little Monster Zone price tickets are so worth it.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The weird thing is that Fred Phelps used to be a civil rights lawyer until he was disbarred.

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
Last weekend I got into an argument with a drunk guy at a party about Lady Gaga. Eventually I just turned and walked away because I'm pretty sure it would have turned physical and I would have gotten my rear end beat. Oh well. We all know the truth and that drunk redneck was loving retarded. Viva Gaga.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Apparently Lady Gaga is now the most followed person on twitter with 5 million followers.

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

TOOT BOOT posted:

Apparently Lady Gaga is now the most followed person on twitter with 5 million followers.

Nope, Ashton Kutcher and Britney Spears still have more.

5 million is just a nice number :)

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!
I went to the Indy show this past Thursday and my lord was it awesome. However, what I was bummed about was the general admission tickets were sold out when I tried to buy them, but the GA place was only half full. We tried to sneak down there, but security was deep.

BarryMantlesnorks
Nov 14, 2005
She's the most followed on social media sites because of 5 million Twitter followers and almost 13 million friends on Facebook.

Aericina
Mar 3, 2005

Meez, please.

Regnevelc posted:

I went to the Indy show this past Thursday and my lord was it awesome. However, what I was bummed about was the general admission tickets were sold out when I tried to buy them, but the GA place was only half full. We tried to sneak down there, but security was deep.

Security was pretty tight. In GA we had one girl pass out and piss herself before SPW and another sitting on the floor dehydrated between SPW and Gaga. Oh, and some drunk bitches were incredibly annoying and shoving me and others in the area around and I got threatened to be kicked out by idly saying I wanted to punch them in the face.

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

Maybe she really DOES hate fags, and she's just ironically liking them?

I thought of this after I went to the concert but I was thinking about wearing a shirt to the Gaga concert saying "God hates fags" and if anyone said something to me about it like "get out this is a safe place!" or "Gaga loves gay boys" I woulda said "you cant escape bigotry even at a Gaga concert."

I think she would have liked the message. You gotta be strong wherever you go and theres always going to be haters.

P.S. I don't hate fags

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Well tomorrow begins my Gaga filled summer.

Seeing all 4 Texas shows ( 2 in Dallas 2 in Houston) then in two weeks, seeing her at Lollapalooza. I will hopefully take pics as I should be front row at all 5.

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry
Someone has money to burn ;)

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Physical posted:

I thought of this after I went to the concert but I was thinking about wearing a shirt to the Gaga concert saying "God hates fags" and if anyone said something to me about it like "get out this is a safe place!" or "Gaga loves gay boys" I woulda said "you cant escape bigotry even at a Gaga concert."

I think she would have liked the message. You gotta be strong wherever you go and theres always going to be haters.

P.S. I don't hate fags

You may not hate fags, but you kind of sound like a dick.

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
Anyone want to buy an extra ticket I have to Dallas 7/23 show? It's a single reserved seat on the 100 level at AAC. Pretty good seat.

Legato
Jul 7, 2004

Un cave troll espectacular!
Got my Gaga Silver Hot Seat package today before the concert at American Airlines Center in Dallas.

A Dance in the Dark tote bag, cheap sunglasses, a laminate to wear to the concert and a Gaga towel. Not really sure what is with the towel, but you can't say no to a free towel.

Probably gonna get there after 8 as I'm not interested in the slightest in SPW, but I'll see you monsters there.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Currently out front at the American Airlines Center. Any fellow goons out here?

Kurt Bonguhit
Oct 15, 2007

So it goes.
whooops

Kurt Bonguhit fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Jul 22, 2010

Irilly Dunnoe
Jan 13, 2010

But when turning her head at an extreme angle fails to produce a life-altering epiphany, she usually just short-circuits and rolls on her back.
The "Tool Man" (as in hammers, not the band) at our local flea market seems to be a down-south good ol' boy... who loves Lady Gaga and is planning on taking his six-year-old granddaughter - who is also a fan - to the show that's coming around to our area in September.

While I'm touched by his enthusiasm (he also took said granddaughter to go see Black Eyed Peas last year), I'm kind of wondering if he has ANY idea what he's getting into. Either way, it should be interesting to hear his thoughts on the show afterwards. In the meantime, I still have to buy tickets. :ohdear:

Irilly Dunnoe fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 23, 2010

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Legato posted:

Got my Gaga Silver Hot Seat package today before the concert at American Airlines Center in Dallas.

A Dance in the Dark tote bag, cheap sunglasses, a laminate to wear to the concert and a Gaga towel. Not really sure what is with the towel, but you can't say no to a free towel.

Probably gonna get there after 8 as I'm not interested in the slightest in SPW, but I'll see you monsters there.

When you go see Lady Gaga, remember to always bring a towel...wanna get high?

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Show was AMAZING. The only problem I had during it was this banshee of a woman kept screaming the most ear piercing scream at random points, EVEN WHILE GAGA WAS MAKING A SPEECH. Other than that, it blew away my expectations. One down, four to go!

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Kat McDee posted:

The "Tool Man" (as in hammers, not the band) at our local flea market seems to be a down-south good ol' boy... who loves Lady Gaga and is planning on taking his six-year-old granddaughter - who is also a fan - to the show that's coming around to our area in September.

While I'm touched by his enthusiasm (he also took said granddaughter to go see Black Eyed Peas last year), I'm kind of wondering if he has ANY idea what he's getting into. Either way, it should be interesting to hear his thoughts on the show afterwards. In the meantime, I still have to buy tickets. :ohdear:

When I went to the show in Berlin there were a lot of little kids. In fact the age spread was probably the greatest I've ever seen for any concert, from like 5-65. I was also wondering if it was appropriate, but then I remembered I was in Germany and they're much less uptight about sexually charged stuff than I'm used to and its not like Gaga is super dirty or anything, the only things I think that stood out was asking the guys in the crowd if they had big cocks and imploring us to show her (no one did) and then making a jacking off motion for a few seconds one time Even the dancing wasn't super dirty or anything. :)

Honestly, the most inappropriate (for little kids) thing about the show was Semi Precious Weapons who love to say gently caress/loving/fucker/hosed and other variations on the word. Seriously, every other word out of dude's mouth was gently caress to the point I was rolling my eyes by the third song.

Aericina
Mar 3, 2005

Meez, please.
On the subject of little kids, Gaga specifically said something about this in Indy. It went something like "I've seen quite a few young children in the crowd today. Some of you might be wondering if my show is appropriate for them. To that I say that you should be commended for bringing your children to see what a real rock 'n roll show is like!"

Is it kosher to post pictures from the show here?

Aericina fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Jul 23, 2010

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

Going to see her tonight at the american airlines center, but my tickets are only seated. I remember sitting at my comp with ticketmaster up waiting for them to go on sale and i still missed ga.

Gup
Mar 17, 2008
I'm so bummed out that I've been late to the party when it comes to Gaga. All her shows have been sold out in no-time here in the Netherlands, and it doesn't look like she'll be coming around soon. I'm wondering what your guys favorite demo/unreleased song by her is. Mine definitely is No way. I'm sure you can find it on youtube :)!

In other news; I posted this parody in the PYF 'Lady gaga thing' thread and decided you guys should give it a look. It's been on youtube for a day now and already got more than 1k views. It's a parody of Alejandro I found on twitter.

Alejandro Supergay :gay:

TL/DR: Gaga, come back to the Netherlands, also a cool parody here..

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
What time does she go on?

Someone said they got there at 8 last night and missed 30 minutes of Lady Gaga, which doesn't seem to make sense.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

dunkman posted:

What time does she go on?

Someone said they got there at 8 last night and missed 30 minutes of Lady Gaga, which doesn't seem to make sense.

Lady Starlight goes on at 7, SPW at 8 and Gaga between 8:30 and 9 I think.

TITY BOI
Apr 4, 2008

A REAL HUMAN BEING
AND A REAL TITY BOI

Aericina posted:

On the subject of little kids, Gaga specifically said something about this in Indy. It went something like "I've seen quite a few young children in the crowd today. Some of you might be wondering if my show is appropriate for them. To that I say that you should be commended for bringing your children to see what a real rock 'n roll show is like!"

I think it was the semi precious weapons dude who said that.

Thrust On Moore
Jul 13, 2010

She keeps coming closer,
Saying "I can feel it in my bones.
Schizophrenia,
Is taking me home."

Aericina posted:

This makes me wonder if her new album will have more Rock and Roll like tracks, in the vein of No Floods. I certainly wouldn't mind that in the least, that's for sure.

And I think someone posted photos of the animatronic squid monster thing way back in the thread so, I think so?

ArmoredBlue
Jul 1, 2007

Furthering the gay Mexican agenda.

Gup posted:

I'm wondering what your guys favorite demo/unreleased song by her is. Mine definitely is No way. I'm sure you can find it on youtube :)!
url]

I'm absolutely in love with Sexy Ugly, Future Love, and Wonderful. Future Love makes me want to learn piano so I can play it loud and sing obnoxiously all day long.

Karma Guard
Jun 21, 2006
Just one spray keeps bad karma away!
I'm going to the concert tonight in Houston! :3:

I wish it wasn't raining, though, I hate driving here in rain.

But it looks like I should start getting over there now so- yeah. :v:

e: it was awesome! But the opening band kinda sucked! But I missed most of their stuff so it all works out!

Karma Guard fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Jul 26, 2010

astareus
Mar 12, 2007
Keep up with me now.
BREAKING: Lady Gaga Kidnaps Commissioner Gordon
http://www.theonion.com/articles/lady-gaga-kidnaps-commissioner-gordon,17789/

Replace Gotham with NYC, etc., and this could totally be true. God knows she has the outfits to pull it off.

quote:

"If you ever want to see Commissioner Gordon again, you'll do exactly as I say," Lady Gaga said from her secret lair, adjusting her angular yellow Tyvek and spandex dress as henchmen danced menacingly around the bound commissioner.

REDONEDIT:

astareus fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jul 27, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ToxicWind
May 23, 2006

Impossible! There is no intelligent life form capable of escaping the labyrinth of the multiverse!
Saw her in Denver last night, loving awesome show, it was what I was expecting and so much more!

:( The pics I took were all crap though, and I didn't quite understand why lady starlight was an opener, it was very weird as she played heavy metal and glam rock and just sorta danced, and it was kinda sad because the crowd was seriously not amused... but somehow semi precious weapons was quite a good opener now that I think about it.

If you can still get tickets for when gaga comes near you: loving get them, they are so worth it.

• Locked thread