Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

An0
Nov 10, 2006
I enjoy eating After Eights. I also enjoy eating Old El Paso salsa with added Tobasco.

the posted:

I have a trance song that I can't remember the name of. It's Ibiza style trance, with a guitar as the main instrument. The song is basically just single plucking of guitar notes, and then a woman whispering something at the end of each section, along with a backing beat. I can't for the life of me remember what she's saying, but it's something in Spanish. The song probably also has a Spanish title.

What it's NOT: "Seven Cities" by Solarstone, "Reachers of Civilization" by York

Infected Mushroom - Becoming Insane http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6hL6fkJ1_k ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

An0 posted:

Infected Mushroom - Becoming Insane http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6hL6fkJ1_k ?

No no, way less intense than that. It's more of an uplifting trance style almost, and the guitar isn't being strummed, it's just being plucked. And it's the main focus of the song.

It's probably considered a "classic" right now, something around 1998-2001.

I'm almost positive the name of the song is something Spanish, and the same phrase that the whispered voice is saying throughout the song. It sounds like "doca may" or something similar.

Arrgh, this is going to drive me crazy. I can hear the song perfectly in my head, but since there are no real lyrics I can't search for anything.

EDIT: It's not Coca & Villa - La noche

the fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jul 15, 2010

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

the posted:

No no, way less intense than that. It's more of an uplifting trance style almost, and the guitar isn't being strummed, it's just being plucked. And it's the main focus of the song.

It's probably considered a "classic" right now, something around 1998-2001.

I'm almost positive the name of the song is something Spanish, and the same phrase that the whispered voice is saying throughout the song. It sounds like "doca may" or something similar.

Arrgh, this is going to drive me crazy. I can hear the song perfectly in my head, but since there are no real lyrics I can't search for anything.

EDIT: It's not Coca & Villa - La noche

Is iiiiiit Toca Me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGxMH99XnbY

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
YES. THANK YOU.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

the posted:

YES. THANK YOU.

You're welcome. I had to ask my trance friend for assistance on that one.

He says "Tell him if he likes that, to look for Tranceport 2 by Dave Ralph. it includes that and a lot of similar trance"

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster

Nevergirls posted:

You're welcome. I had to ask my trance friend for assistance on that one.

He says "Tell him if he likes that, to look for Tranceport 2 by Dave Ralph. it includes that and a lot of similar trance"

Yeah, that's a good album. I have a rather extensive knowledge, but for some reason the title of that song eluded me.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
I heard a Jimi Hendrix song on the radio a few months ago and can't remember what it was called. It was a slower song, and the only lyrics I can remember are something like "ride on" or "shine on." Anybody have any ideas?

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

The Human Cow posted:

I heard a Jimi Hendrix song on the radio a few months ago and can't remember what it was called. It was a slower song, and the only lyrics I can remember are something like "ride on" or "shine on." Anybody have any ideas?
At the end of Little Wing he sings "fly on little wing", could be it

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

The Human Cow posted:

Good chance it's either Angel or Little Wing

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Final Fart Buttball posted:

Good chance it's either Angel or Little Wing

Angel was it. Thanks a ton!

The Bacon God
Oct 20, 2007

Himmelschreibende
Herzen

sky-writing hearts
There's a song on the radio they've been playing a ton lately, but I never hear the name of the band or the song. It starts out with a quickly-strummed, clean-sounding electric guitar with some high-pitched male vocals, and the lyrics in the chorus are "a moment, a dream, a laugh, a cry..." or something like that. That's all I really remember about it.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

The Bacon God posted:

There's a song on the radio they've been playing a ton lately, but I never hear the name of the band or the song. It starts out with a quickly-strummed, clean-sounding electric guitar with some high-pitched male vocals, and the lyrics in the chorus are "a moment, a dream, a laugh, a cry..." or something like that. That's all I really remember about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN7HQrgakZU

The Bacon God
Oct 20, 2007

Himmelschreibende
Herzen

sky-writing hearts
Thank you very much!

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE
Dec 28, 2000

ASK ME HOW TO GET FREE BEER!
(THE ANSWER IS "CHEATING GOONS OUT OF IT")
Looking for a rap song with a sample of a dude going "Your body is incredible, ahhhh."

Seem to remember the mc being Del so it could be Gorillaz, Deltron, Handsome Boy Modeling School, etc.

Any help?

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jul 16, 2010

the
Jul 18, 2004

by Cowcaster
What's the actual song that contains the phrase "If this don't make your booty move your booty must be dead?"

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

the posted:

What's the actual song that contains the phrase "If this don't make your booty move your booty must be dead?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8l7PJjUBco

That? Or did the sample come from another song?

Bolkovr
Apr 20, 2002

A chump and a hoagie going buck wild

WHEEZY KISS A DUDE posted:

Looking for a rap song with a sample of a dude going "Your body is incredible, ahhhh."

Seem to remember the mc being Del so it could be Gorillaz, Deltron, Handsome Boy Modeling School, etc.

Any help?

If the "ahhh" is Chewbacca, then it's Bloodhound Gang - Coo Coo Ca Choo

Xtronoc
Aug 29, 2004
Pillbug
If I remember correctly there's a reggae song that has the chorus " da da da da banda banda, da da banda banda oh yeah yeeeah". It's repeated throughout the song and the emphasis is places on banda banda. It has cheerful vibe to it, something along the lines of Electric Avenue, so maybe the 70's-80's? Can anybody help?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This is a clip of classical music from the very end of ESPN's coverage of the British Open:

edit: vvv Hey now, I trained as a classical pianist for 10 years and violinist for 7 years and it's hard to keep the pieces straight since it's been 12 years since I've played either. :colbert:

Thanks.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jul 20, 2010

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Josh Lyman posted:

This is a clip of classical music from the very end of ESPN's coverage of the British Open:

Vivaldi's Four Seasons: Summer. You philistine :colbert:

(Towards the end).

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Josh Lyman posted:

edit: vvv Hey now, I trained as a classical pianist for 10 years and violinist for 7 years and it's hard to keep the pieces straight since it's been 12 years since I've played either. :colbert:

Thanks.
why would you give up on 10 years of piano :negative:

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
In January 2007 I was at a party and heard a Fall Out Boy song that had a bunch of chords other than their standard power chords. I think it was mid-tempo, and wasn't even that good of a party song. A chord would be played 3 or 4 times and would be silenced for the rest of the measure.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

ProperCoochie posted:

In January 2007 I was at a party and heard a Fall Out Boy song that had a bunch of chords other than their standard power chords. I think it was mid-tempo, and wasn't even that good of a party song. A chord would be played 3 or 4 times and would be silenced for the rest of the measure.

I'm not an encyclopedia of Fall Out Boy but I'm gonna guess that it was this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2eG21tgkeHM

Omits-Bagels
Feb 13, 2001
I was listening to an internet radio steam of some french techno station and I heard a song but have no idea what it was.

I know this is a super long shot but the song had a lot of video game sounds. The most prominent sound was very similar to when Mario collected a coin in Super Mario Brothers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBnyia-jCNs

Hoborg
Oct 19, 2006

by T. Mascis
Sometime between 1994 and 1997 there was a pop song released, most of what I remember was from the music video (shown on the BBC's Live and Kicking).

The song or group was called "Juice" (or was somehow significant to the song), and the music video had three female singers (20somethings IIRC) and also included three men dressed up as babies, but everything was against a bright white background. One scene had the three females pushing the men towards the camera in buggies/strollers. In the background of that scene the word "Juice" in bright orange lettering was displayed.

Flash forward a few years to mid-2001 and there are two videos I'd like identified:

The first was a very popular pop song by a female singer, it starts off with a black guy going into a police department and throwing a bag of money on the table and walking out with a subtitle "yesterday...", then there's a scene where two females popstars almost have a drag-race at an intersection, they then gatecrash an upper-class party and some up-tight old woman tries to get the police to shut it down.

Another music video from around the same time (which I may have posted here before, but never got a response) was a CGI music video purportedly for a french electronica musician. It's set in a stock exchange where a short bald character with big nose makes trading instructions with his hands which are picked up by a long-haired trader, the video ends with a stock market collapse and everyone jumping out of windows. I saw both of these videos on MTV in Turkey, so they must have been at least a bit popular.

Finally, something for classical music lovers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AAa0gd7ClM#t=1m50s at 1:50 there's some classical music playing that I've heard elsewhere before (it's used in the Earth 2150 soundtrack and in a few South Park epsisodes too), what's the piece called and who was the composer?

Thanks!

Green Eyed Loco-Man
Aug 27, 2008

Hoborg posted:

Flash forward a few years to mid-2001 and there are two videos I'd like identified:

The first was a very popular pop song by a female singer, it starts off with a black guy going into a police department and throwing a bag of money on the table and walking out with a subtitle "yesterday...", then there's a scene where two females popstars almost have a drag-race at an intersection, they then gatecrash an upper-class party and some up-tight old woman tries to get the police to shut it down.

Eve & Gwen Stefani - Let Me Blow Ya Mind is pretty close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt88GMJmVk0

Hoborg
Oct 19, 2006

by T. Mascis

Green Eyed Loco-Man posted:

Eve & Gwen Stefani - Let Me Blow Ya Mind is pretty close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wt88GMJmVk0

That's the one, thanks!

Mrfreezewarning
Feb 2, 2010

All these goddamn books need more descriptions of boobies in them!
I have kind of a conundrum, Its not a song I cant find. Its a whole band. They toured with say anything a few years ago but were a strange mix of indy/jazz/swing. They came with them to perform at my university and I can't for the life of me remeber them. The name followed the format of "blank blank and the blank blanks" does anyone know where to find lists of what band has toured with who? or know what band I am talking about?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I was shopping yesterday at Express and heard a song on the radio, it was a pretty standard R&B type of song female vocalist for the most part, but they had a british MC in part of it who's flow was pretty sick... It should be a more popular name because generally British MCs don't get played in retail stores in Texas. I can't remember too many of the words though, and I hadn't had a chance to put Shazam on my new phone yet to figure it out.

I know it's a long shot, but does can anyone tell me what song that was?

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Dramatika posted:

I was shopping yesterday at Express and heard a song on the radio, it was a pretty standard R&B type of song female vocalist for the most part, but they had a british MC in part of it who's flow was pretty sick... It should be a more popular name because generally British MCs don't get played in retail stores in Texas. I can't remember too many of the words though, and I hadn't had a chance to put Shazam on my new phone yet to figure it out.

I know it's a long shot, but does can anyone tell me what song that was?

I'd feel bad if I didn't at least suggest Professor Green feat. Lily Allen - Be Good to Green. No promises though, I don't know if I'd describe his "flow" as "pretty slick."

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

Inyourbase posted:

I have kind of a conundrum, Its not a song I cant find. Its a whole band. They toured with say anything a few years ago but were a strange mix of indy/jazz/swing. They came with them to perform at my university and I can't for the life of me remeber them. The name followed the format of "blank blank and the blank blanks" does anyone know where to find lists of what band has toured with who? or know what band I am talking about?

Way long shot, but Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

HoldYourFire posted:

I'd feel bad if I didn't at least suggest Professor Green feat. Lily Allen - Be Good to Green. No promises though, I don't know if I'd describe his "flow" as "pretty slick."

That sounds about right, I think I've heard that song before and it did sound a little familiar, though I don't remember it too well. I guess it sounds better in a store that generally plays music I don't enjoy at all and can barely understand than it does at my computer. Anyways, I'll check it out on youtube to make sure it's the same song on my lunch break. Thanks!

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Inyourbase posted:

If you haven't I'd first Google "say anything" with "name of your university", maybe find a fansite or something that was listing tour dates which might include opening acts. Less likely if they weren't actually touring together and were separately booked for that show.

Does your university have a student newspaper with archives on the web site? Try there for a preview or article about the show. Or if it was recent enough that some of the people from the student activity committee or whatever that organized the show would still be around, see if that organization has contact info in a university directory and just ask them.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Paperhouse posted:

why would you give up on 10 years of piano :negative:
Too busy killing noobs in Counter-Strike. :smug:

It's okay. I can pick it back up during my mid-life crisis. At least I type quickly. :unsmith:

DaveSpillings
Jul 31, 2007

"I'll just get a glass of orange juice." "no no no NO NO!!!"
I forgot what band I was watching last week. They had a video of a man and woman punching themselves in the face over and over and getting bloody. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Maha
Dec 29, 2006
sapere aude
I'm looking for a rap song, I remember it was pretty political and not too obscure. In the chorus they say something like "here comes the black gorilla" and I think the group has a black panther in their logo. Nineties or late 80's, I think.

And another one, a ridiculous longshot: all I know is it was electronic, with a hand clap and what sounded like a xylophone.

Anyone?

Polluxx Troy
Mar 12, 2005

...authorities here are on alert...

Maha posted:

I'm looking for a rap song, I remember it was pretty political and not too obscure. In the chorus they say something like "here comes the black gorilla" and I think the group has a black panther in their logo. Nineties or late 80's, I think.

Da Lench Mob - Guerillas in tha Mist?

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

oops. didn't mean to do that.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

DaveSpillings posted:

I forgot what band I was watching last week. They had a video of a man and woman punching themselves in the face over and over and getting bloody. Anyone know what I'm talking about?

'Becoming Insane' by Infected Mushroom? Already been posted on this page, actually...

Maha posted:

And another one, a ridiculous longshot: all I know is it was electronic, with a hand clap and what sounded like a xylophone.

Anyone?

I will take a wild guess at 'Over And Over' by Hot Chip.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Maha posted:

Here's my longshot guess: The Cure - Close To Me