Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Yo someone buy some stuff
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2947000&pagenumber=34#lastpost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Allright, this matty collector poo poo is confusing. If I want all four ghostbusters, what's the best way to do it?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

Allright, this matty collector poo poo is confusing. If I want all four ghostbusters, what's the best way to do it?

Get the four pack from TRU this holiday season.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Satsuki posted:

Get the four pack from TRU this holiday season.

But I want the GB1 uniforms. =(

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Find someone who owns them and kill them.

ebay

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

Unslimed Egon and Peter come out at the end of this year, I wanna say September and November. So that'd be how to get those two. To get GB1 Ray you'll either need to ebay him, or join the Ecto-1 club for the marshmallow covered one, or wait for the inevitable slimed version. Winston you'll need to ebay probably.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Are they ever gonna make a ray with the ecto-googles? Or give them ghost traps or PKE meters?

TheKingPuuChuu
Oct 13, 2005

Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.
So I'm hoping goons are out in SDCC, shooting hundreds of awesome photos for this thread?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

Are they ever gonna make a ray with the ecto-googles? Or give them ghost traps or PKE meters?

Yes if you commit to buying all the figures this year you will get a Ray covered with marshmallow and he has goggles.

If you buy Winston you get a trap.

If you get the new Egon he has a PKE Meter.

As you can see Mattel is milking collectors for these important accessories.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Satsuki posted:

Yes if you commit to buying all the figures this year you will get a Ray covered with marshmallow and he has goggles.

If you buy Winston you get a trap.

If you get the new Egon he has a PKE Meter.

As you can see Mattel is milking collectors for these important accessories.

So I have to get Ray covered with marshmallow, then regular Ray and swap their heads? Nice...

The new Egon is unslimed egon, right? But I need slimed egon or peter for slimer... mother fucker...

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
I think Mattel has some kind of secret plot to bankrupt all of its fans. If you're a DCUC completist, you've got something like $1200 of product to pick up in the next 12-18 months:

Wave 14 - Summer ~$130 ($100 without alts)
Wave 15 - September ~$130/100
Wave 16 - End of year ~$130/100
Green Lantern 5 pack ~$70
LOSH 12 pack ~$180

If we get roughly the same number of waves next year, we're looking at 4 or 5 waves at ~$130 a piece.

And that doesn't even include Matty/convention exclusives, repaint two-packs, movie tie-in figures, etc.

That's $1290 if you're a real completist, $1170 if you can live without alts.

Madness!

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Gammatron 64 posted:

So I have to get Ray covered with marshmallow, then regular Ray and swap their heads? Nice...

The new Egon is unslimed egon, right? But I need slimed egon or peter for slimer... mother fucker...

See this is kinda funny cause the fact that people who've bought the figures up till now are complaining that they have 2 slimers.

Also there will be a slimer in the TRU pack.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Mattel are basically just sociopaths and do very little to disguise the fact that they want every single last one of your dollars.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

funtax posted:

That's $1290 if you're a real completist, $1170 if you can live without alts.

Madness!

I didn't need to know this. Way too many dolls.

Ogmios
Dec 2, 2004

Angry pumpkin, Japanese demon, dragon of avarice...
Matty panel at SDCC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptMPqOrNchY&feature=channel

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I'm kinda bummed that the SDCC Venkman is the only one that talks. I was hoping the regular line of the Retro figures would talk too.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

So, are the DC Direct 1:6 Scale figures worth it? There's a few in my comic shop.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
It's really depressing going back to like 2003/04 in the Michael Crawford review archives and seeing how many companies and stores are dead

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gammatron 64 posted:

So, are the DC Direct 1:6 Scale figures worth it? There's a few in my comic shop.

Not really. I have a few shelf squatters that have been marked 1/2 off for months and nobody wants them.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Rhyno posted:

Not really. I have a few shelf squatters that have been marked 1/2 off for months and nobody wants them.

Which ones and how much is half off?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bushifox posted:

Which ones and how much is half off?

Sandman, Spirit, Sinestro (i think i still have him), had a Supergirl as well. Most of them are $40-50.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Captain Charisma posted:

It's really depressing going back to like 2003/04 in the Michael Crawford review archives and seeing how many companies and stores are dead

As well as seeing his standards rise over time.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe

Fish Of Doom posted:

As well as seeing his standards rise over time.

I only casually go there, what do you think he's softened on

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Captain Charisma posted:

I only casually go there, what do you think he's softened on

I don't think he's softened, I actually think he's become a lot more strict on what he considers to be good. Hot Toys blew his mind, and now everything pales in comparison.

He rarely gives stuff 1 star, but when he does, it's usually deserving like this http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_040306a.htm

profbobo
May 22, 2004

Vivat Buster!
Just moved into a new place, but made a bit of time to put another Detolf up. Here's how it's looking right now. Pretty stoked to have a bit more display room, as well as finally having all my stuff in one place. I'm trying not to overcrowd it, but am also disgusted with how many toys I've accumulated over the last few years. I ask again: is anyone interested in older smaller figures? I'm trying to unload, and have been collecting since I was like 8. Christ.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

profbobo posted:

Just moved into a new place, but made a bit of time to put another Detolf up. Here's how it's looking right now. Pretty stoked to have a bit more display room, as well as finally having all my stuff in one place. I'm trying not to overcrowd it, but am also disgusted with how many toys I've accumulated over the last few years. I ask again: is anyone interested in older smaller figures? I'm trying to unload, and have been collecting since I was like 8. Christ.

Make a list and post it in the Action Figure Buy/Sell/Trade thread in SA-Mart!

Orbital Smash
Apr 7, 2007

bitch drew my cock all stupid
just keep looking
this could take a while

Gammatron 64 posted:

Do these figures seriously have soft material where the breasts would be or is it simply a joke by reviewers? I always assumed that this was limited to a small subset of (weird) Japanese stuff.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

Orbital Smash posted:

Do these figures seriously have soft material where the breasts would be or is it simply a joke by reviewers? I always assumed that this was limited to a small subset of (weird) Japanese stuff.

Mostly I wanted the Hal Jordan one with swappable heads so you could also make him Abin Sur or Tomar Re. Although the idea of a Hal Jordan or Superman with squishy boobs really amuses me.

I haven't seen them in person, but Catwoman and Powergirl do have enormous physically impossible mammaries larger than their heads. Though with Power Girl and knowing comic book nerds this honestly wouldn't surprise me.

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Found the new GI Joe Pursuit of Cobra figures at my TRU today. They had just opened up a new case. Only one Cobra Commander and Firefly per case too. Cobra Commander's new mask looks really cool.

They also had Megabloks Halo ODST metalon figures too. The helmet and armor is the perfect size for DST figures like Stargate and Battlestar Galactica, just needs a little tooling.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

I don't think he's softened, I actually think he's become a lot more strict on what he considers to be good. Hot Toys blew his mind, and now everything pales in comparison.
I don't think he's that harsh. He understands that not all companies can be Hot Toys and will cut them some slack, especially if they're compensating with a lower price point. If anything, Hot Toys usually gets his most strict reviews since he expects a lot from them.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
What time is Plastic Man going up for sale on Mattycollector.com today? How bad do you think it will be?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Now. I've already been booted out of line twice.

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.

AnImE pOwErUp posted:

Now. I've already been booted out of line twice.

gently caress. It keeps telling me that it's coming soon.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Hey Toy Fan,

If you're seeing this screen, it means we're experiencing extraordinarily high levels of traffic. No need to worry -- it's a normal function of traffic management.

The page will refresh in 5,4,3,2,1

PLEASE DON'T REFRESH YOUR SCREEN! To keep our servers performing properly, your request has been placed in a waiting room. This page will automatically refresh every 5 seconds - if you refresh your screen, you'll slow down the process to move from the waiting room to the site. Once the high traffic levels subside, you'll be taken to the page you requested. Please note for the best experience please use either IE7 or FireFox as your browser.

:doom:

The Action Man
Oct 26, 2004

This is a good movie.
Sold out. :bang:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I was able to get a pair of Orko, Plastic Man and Mo Lar!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Swung by Target on the way home and they finally got new Action League guys!
Got Batman Vs the Scarecrow and GUY GARDNER vs Dr Polaris!

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.
You fucker, i keep checking mine for Guy and keep finding peg warmers. Now you've given me false hope so I'll have to step up the visits!

How long has the Guy wave theoretically been out?

Shawn fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 4, 2010

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Shawn posted:

You fucker, i keep checking mine for Guy and keep finding peg warmers. Now you've given me false hope so I'll have to step up the visits!

How long has the Guy wave theoretically been out?

Month or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I found the Action League Chemo figure today. It's kind of small, but pretty awesome and has 8 points of articulation, which isn't bad for the style. On the back of the box they showed pictures of the next wave which has some awesome stuff like Deadman, Sinestro, Robin, Manbat, and Solomon Grundy.

I still haven't seen the Guy pack anywhere.