Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

There seems to be a bug, when you're at the top of a new page of posts and hit N, it will go to the second (not the first) post.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
I was thinking of adding syntax highlighting for code blocks using a GAE instance. Would anybody be interested in that?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Capacitor posted:

I was thinking of adding syntax highlighting for code blocks using a GAE instance. Would anybody be interested in that?

Yeah, I would :)

Yakattak posted:

There seems to be a bug, when you're at the top of a new page of posts and hit N, it will go to the second (not the first) post.

Got a patch last night that fixes this. There's a lot of stuff in the pipeline, I'll roll out a release once it all settles. Lots of good things though.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

I'm mentioning this in case you guys didn't notice, but the forums now have a Rap Sheet link by default, which screws up the spacing with Edit Note.

Here's a pic in case it's just on my end.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lansdowne posted:

I'm mentioning this in case you guys didn't notice, but the forums now have a Rap Sheet link by default, which screws up the spacing with Edit Note.

Here's a pic in case it's just on my end.

More importantly it eliminates the need for a Ban History link. Thanks for the heads up.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
Little preview of what I'm working on (while I wait for RoadRunner to get off their sorry asses and replace the modem).

Still needs some visual tweaking and the actual fetch mechanics worked out, but at least it looks pretty.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Capacitor posted:

Little preview of what I'm working on (while I wait for RoadRunner to get off their sorry asses and replace the modem).

Still needs some visual tweaking and the actual fetch mechanics worked out, but at least it looks pretty.

Awesome! Excited to see it in action.

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Not sure long this FORUMS CANCER stuff is going to be around for, but Ferg, would you be up for implementing an option to remove the custom stylesheet from the RFA forums?

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

bloodynose posted:

Not sure long this FORUMS CANCER stuff is going to be around for, but Ferg, would you be up for implementing an option to remove the custom stylesheet from the RFA forums?

You really can't figure out how to do it using adblock?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Yakattak posted:

You really can't figure out how to do it using adblock?

This. Plus, I haven't even seen a forum/thread affected by this and just assumed it was some joke regarding the mass probations in the iPhone thread. What's it all about?

fishbacon
Nov 4, 2009
wonderful yet strange smell
Ad-block this if you have to go there (I can't see why you would):
http://forums.somethingawful.com/css/rfa.css

(I actually went to YOSPOS to try and figure out what this was about, they don't know)

fishbacon fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Jul 26, 2010

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

I have had it adblock (adthwart). I just figured it would be a decent fitting option for the plugin.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

bloodynose posted:

I have had it adblock (adthwart). I just figured it would be a decent fitting option for the plugin.

If it's only a temporary thing though it doesn't make much sense. Is it permanent?

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Ferg posted:

If it's only a temporary thing though it doesn't make much sense. Is it permanent?

Who the hell knows. Adblock/thwart will suffice until the situation becomes clear.

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Is it possible to make the Quick Reply window take into account the width of the browser window and adjust accordingly? Right now, if I open the smilies panel, it goes past the edge of the window, but you can't actually scroll to the right to see it completely.

If that makes any sense.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Is it possible to make the Quick Reply window take into account the width of the browser window and adjust accordingly? Right now, if I open the smilies panel, it goes past the edge of the window, but you can't actually scroll to the right to see it completely.

If that makes any sense.

I think that could probably be done, albeit not easily. Throw it up on User Voice and I'll try to get to it when I can. Seems to be a fairly common complaint.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT
Can you make it so that I can turn off the "Open updated threads" link on the user control panel? I just found it by accident.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.
When threads have 100 or more pages the navigator gets stretched. For example in http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3075676

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Zorkon posted:

Can you make it so that I can turn off the "Open updated threads" link on the user control panel? I just found it by accident.

Yes.

Sad Panda posted:

When threads have 100 or more pages the navigator gets stretched. For example in http://forums.somethingawful.com/sh...hreadid=3075676

What OS are you using? I've added in the "jump to last post" button on the next release and fixed this issue after restyling for that, but 100+ page threads are something I've tested for in Linux and OSX.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Ferg posted:

What OS are you using? I've added in the "jump to last post" button on the next release and fixed this issue after restyling for that, but 100+ page threads are something I've tested for in Linux and OSX.

Windows 7 and Chrome Beta. What I mean is it comes out like this with normal zoom levels although if I zoom in one time it fits.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/952508/navigation.PNG

edit : It does that if the window is maximised (1280x1024) or resized.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sad Panda posted:

Windows 7 and Chrome Beta. What I mean is it comes out like this with normal zoom levels although if I zoom in one time it fits.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/952508/navigation.PNG

edit : It does that if the window is maximised (1280x1024) or resized.

Might be fixed in the latest release. I know I had to make it flexible to work on both of my setups. I'll try to get this build out soon and then let me know if it's still there.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Just jumped back on Chrome after using firefox for a few months, and I really like the improvements made to this version of SALR. Only question is, how do i enable it so that threads that i have posted in have a specialized coloring in the replies box, much like the firefox version? Also, is there anyway to make clicking links in the drop down menu from the omnibar open in the same page rather than new tabs?

STING 64 fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Jul 28, 2010

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

ADRIEN GRODYS FIFE posted:

Just jumped back on Chrome after using firefox for a few months, and I really like the improvements made to this version of SALR. Only question is, how do i enable it so that threads that i have posted in have a specialized coloring in the replies box, much like the firefox version? Also, is there anyway to make clicking links in the drop down menu from the omnibar open in the same page rather than new tabs?

Regarding the thread tracking...that should be doable. Hasn't been implemented yet. I'm not sure how the Firefox extension tracks that, is it only if you've posted in the thread? I would imagine it only works after you've posted once while using the extension?

As for the drop down menu, I think I have the opposite request for the accompanying browser bar extension that does the same thing. I'll see what I can do.

Sad Panda
Sep 22, 2004

I'm a Sad Panda.

Ferg posted:

Might be fixed in the latest release. I know I had to make it flexible to work on both of my setups. I'll try to get this build out soon and then let me know if it's still there.

Seems to have gone! Thanks

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sad Panda posted:

Seems to have gone! Thanks

Weird, I still haven't rolled out that release yet ;) Oh well, glad it's working

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just rolled out v0.9.0. Ehhh, lots of stuff has been happening, not entirely sure the entire changelog. Here's the things I can remember:

- Thread notes
- Option to bookmark threads by default in Quick Reply
- Refactoring of image resizing
- Protect against accident quotes instead of edits
- Make "Open all unread messages link" optional
- Initial work on allowing certain bookmarks to be ignored by "Open all unread messages"
- Added jump to last post button on the page navigator
- Page navigator buttons can now be middle-clicked to open in a new tab
- 0/1 hotkeys added to hotkey list for first/last post respectively
- Styling tweaks to current post highlighting
- Visual enhancements all around
- Settings page no longer has a submit button, just check off the options and close the window

Also bumping this to v0.9.0 since I believe it's getting to the point where we're almost at feature parity with the Firefox extension. Going to focus mostly on that personally from here on until 1.0. New patches/features/requests always welcome though.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Forum pinning on the omnibar jumplist!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sneaking Mission posted:

Forum pinning on the omnibar jumplist!!

Oh snap look at that. I think we're missing a base image for it though, I don't see anything until I click on the left. I'll have to merge this into the separate browser bar extension as well.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump
I'm using salr in incognito mode and the salr buttons don't show up. In fact, the buttons are invisible but the spacing is still there which makes it hard to click on threads.

using .9 salr and um 6.0.472.0 chrome

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hung Yuri posted:

I'm using salr in incognito mode and the salr buttons don't show up. In fact, the buttons are invisible but the spacing is still there which makes it hard to click on threads.

using .9 salr and um 6.0.472.0 chrome

Interesting, haven't tested it at all in Incognito mode. I'll give it a look.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Ferg posted:

Interesting, haven't tested it at all in Incognito mode. I'll give it a look.

It was in the previous version as well.

I also noticed that in .9 that the "open all unread threads" isn't present either, when it was before it auto updated to .9

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hung Yuri posted:

It was in the previous version as well.

I also noticed that in .9 that the "open all unread threads" isn't present either, when it was before it auto updated to .9

It's optional now, you can enable it all the way at the bottom of the options page.

Hung Yuri
Aug 29, 2007

by Tiny Fistpump

Ferg posted:

It's optional now, you can enable it all the way at the bottom of the options page.

How do I enable it? There used to be an okay button on the salr settings page but I don't see it anymore.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hung Yuri posted:

How do I enable it? There used to be an okay button on the salr settings page but I don't see it anymore.

Another change in v0.9, a bit more consistent with settings pages for other extensions. Just check it off and it's set. No need to hit apply.

Note that if you just refresh the user CP page it may not show up. I noticed a bug yesterday where sometimes a '#' is appended to the URL and that screws things up a bit. Probably clicking on the Control Panel link will work though.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Hung Yuri posted:

Ferg posted:

[...]- Settings page no longer has a submit button, just check off the options and close the window[...]

e:f;b

Lenins Potato
May 8, 2008
Is anyone else having a problem book marking threads?

5.0.375.125 beta
Version: 0.9.0

I'm able to bookmark a thread if I disable salr.

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

Lenins Potato posted:

Is anyone else having a problem book marking threads?

5.0.375.125 beta
Version: 0.9.0

I'm able to bookmark a thread if I disable salr.

I've had trouble clicking on the bookmark button at the top but the link at the bottom always seems to work.

e: Chrome 5.0.375.125 on XP
Something Awful Last Read - Version: 0.9.0

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
It is entirely possible. I'll make a note and see if I can get it fixed.

Duckbill
Nov 7, 2008

Nice weather for it.
Grimey Drawer
Weird bug: if there's a post from someone on your ignore list on the current page, then none of the posts on that page display the 'Edit Note' link. The ignored post doesn't have any of the links, which I guess is intentional, but 'Edit Note' disappears for the whole page. SALR 0.9.0 in Chrome 5.0.375.125 beta on Windows XP.

e: and clicking on an ignored post to view it, that post does have 'Edit Note' but lacks 'Rap Sheet'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vyse
Jan 27, 2005
I'm giving Chrome a try, but I can't seem to get this working properly at all, none of the highlighting is working, the SALR style buttons are missing from the thread lists, image resizing isn't working at all, but the mouse gestures work without a hitch. This is on Chrome 5.0.375.125 and the newest version of SALR from the download link in the OP.

• Locked thread