Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
Why are you voting for Ron Paul? I thought you were some sort of Scandinavian.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost

lipstick thespian posted:

I don't pay tuition so this is strictly loans for CoL. Law school in Uppsala only has one final per semester, rather than one final for torts and one for IP and so on. As a result, there's a need to be able to postpone doing the final (if, say, you feel you could get better grades doing so) and still be able to continue with the next semesters. It's just that it's the only school in Sweden that functions in that way, which obviously causes problems. It'll all be cleared up with a phonecall, but... :shobon:

Goddamn Swedes and your superior everything.

lipstick thespian
Sep 20, 2005

by Ozmaugh

billion dollar bitch posted:

Why are you voting for Ron Paul? I thought you were some sort of Scandinavian.

The freedom train might have slowed down but it's still on track. :ssh:

Lykourgos
Feb 17, 2010

by T. Finn
So last night, in an exhausted state, I attempted to purchase the ncbe MBE online exam for today. Only... I bought the MPRE by accident.

:negative: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Doing a sample MEE from Feb 2010 right now, p. helpful would recommend ++

lipstick thespian posted:

The freedom train might have slowed down but it's still on track. :ssh:

:laffo:

_areaman
Oct 28, 2009

http://www.usnews.com/articles/education/best-law-schools/2010/07/14/as-law-school-tuitions-climb-so-does-demand.html?PageNr=1

quote:

"Certainly for the professions that tend to have a significant financial reward on the back end, we believe that students can pay a higher rate—whatever the market will allow for professional and graduate school," Calderón said. "Then, if they have debt, they can retire that."

That whole article is fail

JohnnyTreachery
Dec 7, 2000
how long does one study for the mpre? I've heard 8-12 hours is overkill

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account
I read a PMBR outline the night before and passed. Not by a lot, though.

Direwolf
Aug 16, 2004
Fwar

Oh, no, quote the whole quote from him.

Calderon posted:

"Certainly for the professions that tend to have a significant financial reward on the back end, we believe that students can pay a higher rate—whatever the market will allow for professional and graduate school," Calderón said. "Then, if they have debt, they can retire that."

Employment statistics are not taken into serious consideration, Calderón adds, because his board is not supplied with raw data.

"Perhaps we should," he says. "But the question is, where do we get it and can we trust who's giving it to us?"

:suicide:

Revolver
Feb 23, 2004

Direwolf posted:

Oh, no, quote the whole quote from him.

:suicide:

I was actually more frustrated by this:

Says Arizona State's Berman, "I think that law school remains a great investment because of the kinds of analytical skills law school teaches—whether you end up practicing at a law firm, or going into business, or going into government."

Trash Can Man
May 31, 2005

I work until beer o'clock.
Hi everyone I am applying to law school in the fall. I am specifically interested in the kinds of analytical skills law school teaches.

Please give me advice about the application process and/or ridicule me.

Neon Belly
Feb 12, 2008

I need something stronger.

Neon Belly fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Sep 27, 2016

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Trash Can Man posted:

Hi everyone I am applying to law school in the fall. I am specifically interested in the kinds of analytical skills law school teaches.

Please give me advice about the application process and/or ridicule me.
I recommend Valpo. I hear they're analytical and stuff.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

liquor analytics

if you are unable to analyze cheap gin and want to know how, law school is the place for you

Trash Can Man
May 31, 2005

nm posted:

I recommend Valpo. I hear they're analytical and stuff.

Is Valpo in the T14?

Is that the V in MVP?

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
hahaha you're a loving riot

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

major in human rights law and move to cambodia

Trash Can Man
May 31, 2005

Phil Moscowitz posted:

hahaha you're a loving riot

Phil with it? What does that even mean?

You're obviously not with it.

JohnnyTreachery
Dec 7, 2000

Elotana posted:

I read a PMBR outline the night before and passed. Not by a lot, though.

for which state?

IrritationX
May 5, 2004

Bitch, what you don't know about me I can just about squeeze in the Grand fucking Canyon.

Trash Can Man posted:

Phil with it? What does that even mean?

You're obviously not with it.

You must post on TLS.

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Gadamer posted:

Good luck to you bastards taking the bar tomorrow/Wednesday. Eat plenty of chicken sandwiches.

Some of us have to take it tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday... :suicide:

Lykourgos
Feb 17, 2010

by T. Finn

Gadamer posted:

Good luck to you bastards taking the bar tomorrow/Wednesday. Eat plenty of chicken sandwiches.

all I can say is that they better give me the essay questions I want because I don't feel like showing up to a day-long poo poo sandwich tomorrow :argh:

at least the mpt allows me to know nothing

7StoryFall
Nov 16, 2003

Ainsley McTree posted:

major in human rights law and move to cambodia

Kill around 15,000 people. Get 35 years.

Trash Can Man
May 31, 2005

IrritationX posted:

You must post on TLS.

:regd04:

You guys should encourage prospective law students more. Optimism is all that matters.

It's almost like you are trying to discourage people from law school.

Trash Can Man fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jul 27, 2010

fougera
Apr 5, 2009
While waiting for the bus ride home today I ran into an old family friend. He asked what I was up to and I told him law school, where I was going, where I was working for the summer etc. I noticed out of the corner of my eye a girl standing a couple of people down suddenly perk up when I mentioned law school. On the bus she sat next to me and proceeded to take out a Brooklyn Law brochure. I pretended not to notice. I knew what she was trying to do but I just didn't have the heart to play along, ask her if shes applying, suggest that she think about it a little longer/harder (she was clearly younger than me), or tell her that I heard they had a total of ten firms for OCI last year. Does this make me a bad person?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

7StoryFall posted:

Kill around 15,000 people. Get 35 years.

And a forced apology!

fougera posted:

While waiting for the bus ride home today I ran into an old family friend. He asked what I was up to and I told him law school, where I was going, where I was working for the summer etc. I noticed out of the corner of my eye a girl standing a couple of people down suddenly perk up when I mentioned law school. On the bus she sat next to me and proceeded to take out a Brooklyn Law brochure. I pretended not to notice. I knew what she was trying to do but I just didn't have the heart to play along, ask her if shes applying, suggest that she think about it a little longer/harder (she was clearly younger than me), or tell her that I heard they had a total of ten firms for OCI last year. Does this make me a bad person?

It takes longer than a bus ride to sell that one. At least you didn't try to sleep with her

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

are you kidding, she already has a history of considering offers no sane person would

fougera
Apr 5, 2009

Ainsley McTree posted:

At least you didn't try to sleep with her

I thought of it but I noticed she had hairy arms. So basically it was either ignore or shatter her dreams.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
If she wants to work in the Brooklyn DA's office, BLS is the best place for her.

Alaemon
Jan 4, 2009

Proctors are guardians of the sanctity and integrity of legal education, therefore they are responsible for the nourishment of the soul.
So today my judge receives a motion for reconsideration in the case of Someguy v Jerk Co..

quote:

Defendant's Motion for Reconsideration
Now comes the Plaintiff, Someguy, by and through his attorneys...

If that were the only time P's attorney had substituted "Defendant" where she meant "Plaintiff," it would have been bad enough, but I'd be a little more sympathetic.

Sadly, that wasn't the case.

Penguins Like Pies
May 21, 2007
Did anyone see the "Tell me how to help my daughter with DUI situation" thread in E/N?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3332042

The GBS knee jerk reactions and moral crusades never ceases to amaze me.

deathdrive83
Sep 21, 2002

Outside by the other worlds.

Lykourgos posted:

at least the mpt allows me to know nothing
I think you have to know how to think like a lawyer or something. Duh.

gently caress this exam. Doom, doom, doom.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama
There hasn't been as much bar anguish this year as in the past few years. Does that reflect fewer people taking the bar, or that the bar doesn't matter when there are no jobs for people who pass it?

Nero
Oct 15, 2003
Offer or no offer at the end of the summer program, I'll be black out drunk on Saturday

BigHead
Jul 25, 2003
Huh?

Nap Ghost
Good luck kids. 12 hours and our pain will start, 63 hours for it to end.

Also why does my bar testing site want hand writers to show up half an hour before computer takers? Does that seem odd to anyone?

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

fougera posted:

I thought of it but I noticed she had hairy arms. So basically it was either ignore or shatter her dreams.

Sleep with, ignore, and shatter dreams are also the three options that occur to me when I meet women

Penguins Like Pies posted:

Did anyone see the "Tell me how to help my daughter with DUI situation" thread in E/N?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3332042

The GBS knee jerk reactions and moral crusades never ceases to amaze me.

I seriously can't read law threads in GBS anymore, it causes physical pain now

IrritationX
May 5, 2004

Bitch, what you don't know about me I can just about squeeze in the Grand fucking Canyon.
Best of luck to all the folks taking the bar.

JohnnyTreachery
Dec 7, 2000

Ainsley McTree posted:

Sleep with, ignore, and shatter dreams are also the three options that occur to me when I meet women

I seriously can't read law threads in GBS anymore, it causes physical pain now

gbs discussions about castle doctrine are the best

lipstick thespian
Sep 20, 2005

by Ozmaugh
gently caress this poo poo.

I thought fixing this student loan hiccup would be easy. Instead I have to call five different people, talk to my school, and have a bunch of retarded drivel bounced at me like "maybe you could ask your school to schedule an exam just for you on short notice?" and then, after two days, finally I arrive at a person who goes "The only problem was that the people you talked to earlier were dumb/ignorant. Here, let me just press this magic button that'll deposit the money straight into your account."

All this trouble and stress over a measly technicality that by rights everyone at the student loan office SHOULD have been aware of (its right there in their internal manual). I can't even avoid the stress of law school over the goddamn summer.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.
Good luck to everyone taking the bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
The bar is easy. If you struggle at all, you're going to fail.