Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Wanna see a video of Space Rogue there and his awesome futurebike in a clumsy and embarassing low-speed drop right in front of a day care or a vacuum repair shop or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

ozziegt posted:

What I want to know is how you steer it.

Looks like hub centric streering to me

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

ozziegt posted:

You drive it up a wall and flop down in your new direction of travel, obviouslu

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
As impressed as I was with the Dark Knight extras in that they actually made and drove that crazy bat-pod thing, it's functionally retarded to try and drive anything like that on the street.

Edit for crosspost from AIest images thread because JESUS CHRIST:

titanium posted:

Nuevo fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jul 27, 2010

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

ozziegt posted:

step 1: wheelie
step 2: lean

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Boat posted:

As impressed as I was with the Dark Knight extras in that they actually made and drove that crazy bat-pod thing, it's functionally retarded to try and drive anything like that on the street.

Is the throttle on the inlet of the turbo, or am I retarded?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

BlackMK4 posted:

Well, there's certainly a cable of some sort running from the general handlebars area to the turbo inlet. I really wish the guy who took it had more pictures on his flickr.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

soy posted:

what the gently caress

California. Where replica hand grenades are illegal but you can ride around with a motorcycle seemingly equipped with rockets, submachine guns, and a couple of flamethrowers.

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Boat posted:

That has got to be the most bad rear end CB750 ever. Look at the pipes on that thing! They have engraving on them for the love of god.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Boat posted:

Well, there's certainly a cable of some sort running from the general handlebars area to the turbo inlet. I really wish the guy who took it had more pictures on his flickr.

Ok yeah, what the gently caress. If you look at it the whole turbo setup is very weird.

:psyduck:

edit: double rainbow today :3:

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jul 27, 2010

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Let's all get a little humble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KycZk1M7g24

Actually, let's keep having fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c_7fRq_19s

and some great old footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BdvmmR6lH8

So amazing to watch. Real men racing bodly. I love how he talks about cars like they are death traps and bikes are safer to race while wearing a half helmet and googles. So awesome.

Edit: Also, racing with gloves on is for pussies.

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 27, 2010

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Spiffness posted:

Let's all get a little humble

I know racing is done right at the limit, but you know you're tap dancing on the razor's edge when even the announcers are all :supaburn: about your antics in the wet. Holy poo poo.

E: who the gently caress thought extended swingarm dirt bikes was a good idea? :psyduck:

Nuevo fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 27, 2010

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Spiffness posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AsXi3mLMYGI

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Spiffness posted:

Holy gently caress I always forget how insane and awesome hillclimbing is.

The guy at 1:28 is on a seriously, insanely powerful bike!!

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Spiffness posted:

I watched this a few months ago and I was laughing the whole way through. It's like a loony toons cartoon.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

OK guys I love the hill climb too but really that *classic moto racing* footage is the best thing Ive seen in forever.

Edit: Ah, it was labeled as GP where I got it. My bad.

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Jul 27, 2010

Valt
May 14, 2006

Oh HELL yeah.
Ultra Carp

Spiffness posted:

OK guys I love the hill climb too but really that motoGP footage is the best thing Ive seen in forever.

That's not Moto GP it's superbike or world superbike, I'm not really sure which.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Valt posted:

That's not Moto GP it's superbike or world superbike, I'm not really sure which.

WSBK.

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Jack the Smack posted:

I watched this a few months ago and I was laughing the whole way through. It's like a loony toons cartoon.

The guy at 0:56 looks like when Coyote lights the rocket with the handlebars on it and it zooms out of the screen, all stretchin his arms whilst he dangles there with a goofy look.

And seconding the 1:28 mention.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

BlackMK4 posted:

Draw through turbo, so the carby is mounted to the turbo inlet.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Dickhead on a Gixxer (what else?) tried to run from the cops this morning. It's the same strech of road I ride fairly often in the mornings and I always go a bit above the speed limit. Everyone does in the morning rush and I've never seen a speed trap there. Good thing my license is suspended, otherwise I might have lost my license.

Click here for the full 997x665 image.

I wouldn't run from the cops though, that's just all kinds of dumb.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Boat posted:

The carb was mounted on the turbo inlet so thats the cable.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS
It looks so sad :smith:

Squishy Buddha
Jan 9, 2003

2/12/1980 Never Forget.
I know I'm a page late from Wings towing things but this is my setup I used in May to transport a KTM from PA to VT and then back home to Chicago.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Ahahaha that is so ridiculous and awesome.

Skier
Apr 24, 2003

Fuck yeah.
Fan of Britches
Oh you crazy Alaskans.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

Ola posted:

Dickhead on a Gixxer (what else?) tried to run from the cops this morning.

How nice! They sent an ambulance to pick up the wounded bike. Or did they accidentally send the rider to hospital in a tow truck?

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

Ola posted:

Dickhead on a Gixxer (what else?) tried to run from the cops this morning. It's the same strech of road I ride fairly often in the mornings and I always go a bit above the speed limit. Everyone does in the morning rush and I've never seen a speed trap there. Good thing my license is suspended, otherwise I might have lost my license.

I wouldn't run from the cops though, that's just all kinds of dumb.

Why do people take unnecessary risks on a bike to run from the cops? Just drive casually while lane splitting.

I had a friend who just pretended the cops weren't behind him when he was doing wheelies and speeding ahead on a straight, and when they cut him off in a corner he stopped his bike. When they arrested him he said, "Duur, my mirrors flop around when I do wheelies. I didn't know he was behind me." and they let him off with a speeding ticket.

A few times I heard a *bloop bloop* behind me. Without looking back I siphoned casually between cars like I didn't know he was there. But it was a motorcycle cop one time and when I checked my mirror after still hearing him behind me I got pulled over and got a warning for having no plate.

Charles 1998 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 27, 2010

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

I managed to snap a couple pictures of the new Super Duke in Tel Aviv before the KTM rep started yelling for security and I had to beat it. I like the new color scheme.

https://wi.somethingawful.com/c7/c76057537554c82a92cab7cb3dca65c902e40c6c.jpg

edit: VVVV If I'm remembering right it said "For your easier life" but I wish I had gotten the whole thing in the frame.

ought ten fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Jul 27, 2010

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

FOR YOUR EASIER

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Boat posted:

FU I would ride that thing EVERYWHERE.

Only it would be black. It looks gay as gently caress in gray.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Jack the Smack posted:

Why do people take unnecessary risks on a bike to run from the cops? Just drive casually while lane splitting.

I had a friend who just pretended the cops weren't behind him when he was doing wheelies and speeding ahead on a straight, and when they cut him off in a corner he stopped his bike. When they arrested him he said, "Duur, my mirrors flop around when I do wheelies. I didn't know he was behind me." and they let him off with a speeding ticket.

A few times I heard a *bloop bloop* behind me. Without looking back I siphoned casually between cars like I didn't know he was there. But it was a motorcycle cop one time and when I checked my mirror after still hearing him behind me I got pulled over and got a warning for having no plate.

Even if they catch you theres a good chance you can get off. An rear end in a top hat I know got off a 4000 dollar (AUD) fine and the loss of his license because the cop wrote the time on the ticket down incorrectly.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
I was hoping the steering was more clever. It looks really awkward with the entire arrangement moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXJqRfXzYuc

Ziploc fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 28, 2010

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Dang. It's a neat exercise but there are locomotives with a tighter turn radius.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Jack the Smack posted:

I wear my gear, have a M endorsement, proper insurance/registration, and remain polite and poo poo. I get a ticket maybe 1/5 times I pulled over and I am usually 20+ over the limit or doing something retarded when I get pulled.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Hey guys, don't over-torque your sprocket bolts. This KTM rider found out why on the back straight at Barber. Lucky son-of-a-bitch didn't even go down.

blue vein steel
Feb 5, 2004

i am the video word made flesh

bung posted:

V12 LeMans

if they built this keeping most of the styling, "regular" ohlins pieces, real mirrors and priced it around 15-18k i would sell a kidney for one.

blue vein steel fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Jul 28, 2010

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Aprilia RSV4: Tablecloth Trick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NG57XNgKPNU

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Squishy Buddha posted:

I know I'm a page late from Wings towing things but this is my setup I used in May to transport a KTM from PA to VT and then back home to Chicago.

'Cept you're missing your tote on the trailer. And the gas cans. And at one point my tires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squishy Buddha
Jan 9, 2003

2/12/1980 Never Forget.

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

'Cept you're missing your tote on the trailer. And the gas cans. And at one point my tires.

This is closer I guess.