Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
snype!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrbucket
Nov 11, 2004

aaag armrest
this would be me irl

yosfact edit: he stopped drawing his comic regularly (he was syndicated) when his cat ginger died. :smith:

Locker Room Zubaz
Aug 8, 2006

:horse:
~*~THE SECRET OF THE MAGICAL CRYSTALS IS THAT I'M FUCKING TERRIBLE~*~

:horse:

mrbucket posted:

this would be me irl

yosfact edit: he stopped drawing his comic regularly (he was syndicated) when his cat ginger died. :smith:

why the longface oh you are a horse

yellow borders
Jan 7, 2010

Kirk posted:

at101 supremacy

also catte :3:

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Kirk posted:

mac laptop, dell desktop

you are cross-catforming

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Kirk posted:

kitten finds spot under desk lamp to bake under

cats are awesome at finding comfortable spots

hot dog meat burger
Nov 21, 2009

by mons al-madeen

Kirk posted:

its like a little kitty guillotine

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

:shroom::shroom:

Kirk posted:

d'aaaaaaaaaaaawwww! it's like a little kitteh grow lamp!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

fork bomb posted:

d'aaaaaaaaaaaawwww! it's like a little kitteh grow lamp!

looks like the kitten needs it

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

Sniep posted:

looks like the kitten needs it

naw, kittens can be spastic and whatnot but there's no outdoing their adorableness. wish the tiny stage would last longer.

fork bomb
Apr 26, 2010

cat does not want rick rolled

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6gJYnTd7oY

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

fork bomb posted:

swate

Superkroot
Aug 5, 2009
This whole thread has made me want to get a kitten. The only question is whether I should get one or two kittens.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Superkroot posted:

This whole thread has made me want to get a kitten. The only question is whether I should get one or two kittens.

get two catz, that way when you're too tired to play they will play with each other

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Superkroot posted:

two, you really don't get the full range of catness out of a single cat

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
don't sign up for a decade or two of taking care of an animal because of a picture thread in a shitpost forum hth

that said, get two so you don't come home to random stuff being destroyed or shat on because it's lonely

Superkroot
Aug 5, 2009

haveblue posted:

don't sign up for a decade or two of taking care of an animal because of a picture thread in a shitpost forum hth

that said, get two so you don't come home to random stuff being destroyed or shat on because it's lonely

I was wanting a cat before the thread. I recently moved out of my house which had two cats that recently died before I moved. The apartment that i'm living in now requires a $500 pet deposit so that put me off on getting a kitten. Now this thread is reminding me of all the awesome cat stuff I have been missing, making me want to suck it up and get a kitten or two.

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

that's only because we don't have pics of cats puking/making GBS threads on stuff, chewing your computer wires, making your place smell, and waking you up at 3am

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

i have 5 cats

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Superkroot posted:

I was wanting a cat before the thread. I recently moved out of my house which had two cats that recently died before I moved. The apartment that i'm living in now requires a $500 pet deposit so that put me off on getting a kitten. Now this thread is reminding me of all the awesome cat stuff I have been missing, making me want to suck it up and get a kitten or two.

did u even read the part where a cat poo poo on a dudes ceiling?

Superkroot
Aug 5, 2009

Ceyton posted:

that's only because we don't have pics of cats puking/making GBS threads on stuff, chewing your computer wires, making your place smell, and waking you up at 3am

rotor posted:

did u even read the part where a cat poo poo on a dudes ceiling?
Like I said: awesome cat stuff. And I've had cats before, so I know what I'm in for.

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005

fork bomb posted:

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005

Superkroot posted:

get two.

any chance that you're in the NYC area? i work with a couple volunteer groups and there's some kittens that i'd love to place in homes.

:psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:
ITS A PSYNE WAVE GET IT?

Junji Eat More
Oct 22, 2005

You don't know it, but you are full of stahs
an alternate option if you don't want to get two cats is to adopt an older chill cat.

they won't be as adorable-cuddly, but you'll get a mutual respect thing going on after a while, and you can save them from certain shelter death.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

maine coone catte

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005

Necronomiconomist posted:

an alternate option if you don't want to get two cats is to adopt an older chill cat.

they won't be as adorable-cuddly, but you'll get a mutual respect thing going on after a while, and you can save them from certain shelter death.

false dichotomy. we have a bunch of chilled out attention cuddly whore cats at the shelter right now.

:psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:
ITS A PSYNE WAVE GET IT?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Kittens are cute but realistically they're going to get adopted by someone else if you don't adopt them.

Turnover of non-kittens at shelters is glacially slow...there are cats at the shelter I volunteer at that have been living in the same room since I first started

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005

TOOT BOOT posted:

Kittens are cute but realistically they're going to get adopted by someone else if you don't adopt them.

Turnover of non-kittens at shelters is glacially slow...there are cats at the shelter I volunteer at that have been living in the same room since I first started

yeah, and i bet you see some of the kittens come back after a few months to hang with the old timers

i know i do :smith:

ITS A PSYNE WAVE GET IT?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

PREG NET posted:

yeah, and i bet you see some of the kittens come back after a few months to hang with the old timers

i know i do :smith:

With kittens? No, but I have seen instances of people returning a cat to the shelter after a couple of months like it's a broken tv or something

one cat got returned 3-4 times because he kept pooping on the floor. Turned out he had colon cancer :(

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005

TOOT BOOT posted:

With kittens? No, but I have seen instances of people returning a cat to the shelter after a couple of months like it's a broken tv or something

one cat got returned 3-4 times because he kept pooping on the floor. Turned out he had colon cancer :(

heh, one of my current cats was returned because he kept attacking people's faces and dogs.

dude owns.

ITS A PSYNE WAVE GET IT?

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005

ITS A PSYNE WAVE GET IT?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

PREG NET posted:

heh, one of my current cats was returned because he kept attacking people's faces and dogs.

dude owns.

People are strange about pet adoptions. Apparently some woman came in saying 'I don't care how the cat looks, I just want a cat that's friendly and likes to snuggle.'

She walked out with the long-haired Siamese that hissed at all the volunteers

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005

TOOT BOOT posted:

People are strange about pet adoptions. Apparently some woman came in saying 'I don't care how the cat looks, I just want a cat that's friendly and likes to snuggle.'

She walked out with the long-haired Siamese that hissed at all the volunteers

lmao i'm allergic to cats and i have two in a studio in ny

we had some old dude come in to drop off a cat because he said he didn't have time for it, then asked if we had any white cats (guess who got a new sofa)

ITS A PSYNE WAVE GET IT?

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005
shelter cats, the best cats?

ITS A PSYNE WAVE GET IT?

PREG NET
Jan 3, 2005

last one for a bit

ITS A PSYNE WAVE GET IT?

Moose Milkie
Sep 6, 2007

:cthulhu::respek::ghost:
COME ON GET INVOLVED
THERE'S A MOOSETERY TO SOLVE
HANG AROUND WITH MOOSE MILKIE

ROVER HERE!!!!!

I like giveaway cats that would have been sent to a shelter

Lum
Aug 13, 2003

Spenny is on the sofa arm.

Spenny rubs head on open door.

Door closes a bit

Spenny rubs head on door some more.

Door closes a bit more.

Spenny rubs head on doo.... falls off sofa.

Now Spenny just rubs his head on the cushion that he is standing on

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

PREG NET posted:

shelter cats, the best cats?

Yes is the answer.

LieutenantFrost
Aug 9, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stinkyhead
Jul 6, 2007

that's a pretty stinky looking head
guys i want to get a cat what kind of cat should i get should it be a small cat or a big cat or what