Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I have that jacket in blue and the newer version of that helmet in silver after wrecking in that helmet with a different design.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shaitan
Mar 8, 2004
g.d.m.f.s.o.b.

Shouting Melon posted:

The one on the left is a 2005 Honda VTR250, and the one on the right is a 2010 Triumph Street Triple R (I bought it on Wednesday, and it's pretty awesome).

Awesome, I just posted in the rusted bike thread about the Street Triple. How do you like it? I've been scouring my local area looking for one just so I can sit on it and see how I like it.

Shouting Melon
Mar 20, 2009

Isn't it an amazing coincidence that two totally different planets would both invent the compact disc?

Here4DaGangBang posted:

Nice one, I'm currently on a VTR250 and my upgrade plan is the same as yours - I sat on a Street Triple at the bike show last year, and I remember it feeling small and light like the VTR, but what is the size difference would you say, having just made the switch? Is the Street actually a little larger/taller than the VTR?

The seat's a little higher, and I think the bars must as well, but it still fits me about as well as the VTR (which is to say, like a glove). I think the steering is even a little bit quicker due to the wider bars.

shaitan posted:

Awesome, I just posted in the rusted bike thread about the Street Triple. How do you like it? I've been scouring my local area looking for one just so I can sit on it and see how I like it.

Love it to bits. :) Stupidly torquey engine, amazing handling, wicked exhaust noise, and good power even though I'm having to keep the revs below 5k for the run-in period.

Here4DaGangBang
Dec 3, 2004

I beat my dick like it owes me money!

Shouting Melon posted:

The seat's a little higher, and I think the bars must as well, but it still fits me about as well as the VTR (which is to say, like a glove). I think the steering is even a little bit quicker due to the wider bars.

Love it to bits. :) Stupidly torquey engine, amazing handling, wicked exhaust noise, and good power even though I'm having to keep the revs below 5k for the run-in period.

Sweeet. How tall are you? The VTR is probably a little on the small side for me, being about 6ft. 1in. tall. Makes it very manageable, though!

Shouting Melon
Mar 20, 2009

Isn't it an amazing coincidence that two totally different planets would both invent the compact disc?

Here4DaGangBang posted:

Sweeet. How tall are you? The VTR is probably a little on the small side for me, being about 6ft. 1in. tall. Makes it very manageable, though!

5'8-ish, but I've got short legs. I can go flat-footed on the Triple, but unless I'm going to be stopped for a while I'd normally be on my toes.

LeftyChris
Mar 28, 2010
Just put a deposit down on this!

On a side note,any UK goons interested in a 900 divvy?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

LeftyChris posted:

Just put a deposit down on this!

On a side note,any UK goons interested in a 900 divvy?

Please tell me that's a starter bike. :haw:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
My first bike (aside from my Honda Ruckus), 1981 Kawasaki kz 250 csr. I have a lot of work to do on it, but I've put ~400 miles on it and it's pure bliss so far.

Bruinator
Jul 6, 2005
Months of searching Craigslist and various forums finally paid off today as I found a second bike to join my '93 900SS. I've always loved the 916 family and was looking for something like a '95 916 for my next bike.

This is my new (to me) '04 998 Matrix bought from the original owner with 11k miles. Full Termi exhaust system + chip, new forged Marchescini wheels, flawless paint with all the trouble spots dealt with - this thing is the real deal. I'm really digging the metallic green.

First ride impressions suggest that I'm going to have to get used to the geometry a little but the bike handles and stops like a champ and has unbelievable torque. I'm not totally sold on the 998 radiator exhaust vents since they dump a lot of heat on your legs but it seems just less than unpleasant. I'm still going to hang on to the '93 for longer trips and leaving in the parking lot at work.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
That's a '93? Looks like a futuristic spaceship for its time!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jack the Smack posted:

That's a '93? Looks like a futuristic spaceship for its time!
It's an '04.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Why did Duc ever ditch the SSS on the superbikes :allears:

I love those bikes and they pop up from time to time around here but I'm too afraid of valve demons to buy one :ohdear:

Bruinator
Jul 6, 2005

lancemantis posted:

Why did Duc ever ditch the SSS on the superbikes :allears:

I love those bikes and they pop up from time to time around here but I'm too afraid of valve demons to buy one :ohdear:

Actually, only '96 and on desmoquattros (916, 996) had problems with the rockers flaking - the 998 uses the testastretta engine from the 999. These valvetrains were redesigned to be much easier to service than their earlier relatives. This particular bike has just over 11k and needs it's 12k major service so I'm going to get to dig in and see just how true this is.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Good to know, now I want a 998 :argh:

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Bruinator posted:

This is a great shot, now I need to pony up some cash and find another one exactly like this one :D

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

schreibs posted:

This is a great shot, now I need to pony up some cash and find another one exactly like this one :D

Better yet, just find where he is and take that one :haw:

Bruinator
Jul 6, 2005

lancemantis posted:

Better yet, just find where he is and take that one :haw:

:argh: Find your own! Somehow I got an amazing deal on this. This is way better than the "gently lowsided" 999 that the PO dropped because an "incompetent mechanic" screwed up the brakes that I was looking at last week for not a lot less money. I guess the moral is be patient and good things will come.

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???
Excellent bike, you'll have to post up your impression of the 4v adjsutment. I'm tearing in to my 750 2v as we speak, which I'm pretty sure is the same as you 900ss.

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?
Well first I bought a '82 KZ1000J2 (punched out to 1100cc, V&H 4-into-1) that runs like hammered poo poo at anything below 3K RPM, and will rip your loving arms off at anything above it. Bad, bad carbs. I call her "Widowmaker"...

But I like to actually, you know, ride my bikes, so I bought an '80 KZ440 LTD that runs, and rather nicely too...

(not actual bike, but it's identical)

Click here for the full 800x492 image.

Just bought it tonight, the PO is an mechanical engineer who keeps his poo poo tight, this bike really does look like that stock photo.

New rubber, new brakes, new fluids, new battery, new fork seals, chain is immaculate, upgraded headlight, rebuilt carbs, everything works, 8K miles... $700.00...Can I get an AMEN! from the congregation?!

It's quite a bit down on power from the literbike or my previous rides (3rd gen Magna, GL1200), but it's nice and light (below 400lbs minus my fat rear end).

Can't wait to get it on the road, today if I'm lucky...

And the best part is the guy I bought it from knows how to rebuild carbs and is going to help me do the BS34s on the KZ1000! Ya know what, I don't care about all those bi-curious furry freakshows on the rest of Craigslist, it's still an awesome resource for bieks, dammit!

So when all is said and done, I ride the LTD for the summer, get the monster ready for the fall, and when my wife is ready to learn the 440 will make an awesome starter bike. gently caress yeah, UJMs rule, even the paratwins!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

What's up early 80s kz buddy. I'm chugging along on my 81 kz 250 posted above. New battery, spark plugs, some fuses, and an air filter and shes running twice as good. I'm very jealous of that 400, that thing is gorgeous.

The_Raven
Jul 2, 2004

Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved?
I love the candy apple red paint on your 250. The spokers are classic too. I was thinking of getting the KZ1K repainted when it's worthy of it and stops trying to kill me, and that shade of red was on my list, or maybe Lotus colors (B.R. Green with yellow pinstriping) to match my enormous yellow melon protector (don't leave home without it)...

Beautiful shot too; how did you light that?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Alienbee AB400 + reflector, it was all I could fit with my available bungees :v:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

Thought this shot came out kind of nice, no editing. Taken on the morning of that faithful day in May when the traffic authorities gave me my 3 month time out.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
they were obviously just jealous

orthod0ks
Mar 2, 2004
anger is a gift
Well, I bit the bullet on a new '09 Versys. I loving love this thing to death. I took it off the lot, rode home, packed a bag, and left for a trip to Jersey for a charity ride my family sponsors.

I dropped it on gravel under an overpass when we stopped for some rain on the way out. The next day we did 60 miles on route 80 at highway speeds in a downpour. On the way back, I accidentally wheelied her taking off after stopping to put my gloves back on when I had to pay the exit fee from Jersey. I put on over 400 miles all weekend. I think she's broken in fairly well.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

I test rode the new Versys earlier this year. I love the punchy midrange of that engine. Nice bike, congrats!

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!

orthod0ks posted:

Well, I bit the bullet on a new '09 Versys. I loving love this thing to death. I took it off the lot, rode home, packed a bag, and left for a trip to Jersey for a charity ride my family sponsors.

I dropped it on gravel under an overpass when we stopped for some rain on the way out. The next day we did 60 miles on route 80 at highway speeds in a downpour. On the way back, I accidentally wheelied her taking off after stopping to put my gloves back on when I had to pay the exit fee from Jersey. I put on over 400 miles all weekend. I think she's broken in fairly well.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Excellent choice! I may go with a Versys if the riding position of my R6 starts to bother me.

BitcoinRockefeller
May 11, 2003

God gave me my money.

Hair Elf
My new to me 2007 fz6. I've had it for a couple months now and put several thousand miles on it. It's basically like my bandit 600 only better in every way, less vibration, more power, way better brakes, better handling.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Me on my SV.

Girlfriend stuck in a car.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
That's the best picture, especially for the gear. :v:

CubanRefugee
Jul 1, 2003

El Jefe
Reppin' the Row since '26.

Z3n posted:

That's the best picture, especially for the gear. :v:

I was thinking the same thing.

Are those knee/shin pads with shorts? :D

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker
Photo taken at exactly the same time an atomic bomb went off.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
dump that cager bitch!

Crayvex
Dec 15, 2005

Morons! I have morons on my payroll!
Zip up your god drat jacket. Are you wearing flip flops too?

LeftyChris
Mar 28, 2010

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

dump that cager bitch!
Haha Rev you're hardcore!

Project Busa is complete!

Quater turn throttle and sexy thumb lever action!

Footpeg blobs are a bit long though

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

NinjaCthulhu posted:

My new to me 2007 fz6. I've had it for a couple months now and put several thousand miles on it. It's basically like my bandit 600 only better in every way, less vibration, more power, way better brakes, better handling.

Sup blue FZ6 buddy. :respek:

Can't decide if I like the black frame better than the silver frame, but the nakedized black frames look awesome. Hint, hint.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

LeftyChris posted:

Quater turn throttle and sexy thumb lever action!

How do you get such a swank lookin' left hand setup? Thing looks original!

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

KARMA! posted:

Photo taken at exactly the same time an atomic bomb went off.

3 billion human lives ended on July 26, 2010. The survivors of the nuclear fire called the war Judgment Day. They lived only to face a new nightmare: the war against the machines.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

the walkin dude posted:

Me on my SV.

Girlfriend stuck in a car.

'Sup, $50 Jacket, Hipstamatic Buddy!

Click here for the full 1536x1536 image.

Or do you prefer the Vintage 1974 look of CameraBag? :)

Click here for the full 800x691 image.

I can't fault you for your leg armor choices - you're more armored up than I usually am on my commute - but, drat, man...Zip that poo poo up, at least!

P.S. More pics of the GF blowing kisses, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Hietala posted:

Just picked up my first motorcycle this Sunday, 1989 Yamaha FZR 400

I make 5 km/h look good, though I think I need to pick up a black visor

That is such a sexy bike