Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Lets all post our teams kits and claim theyre the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Bland posted:

Yeah well Liverpool's aren't so what do I do now?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Bland posted:

No, leave that to me, anybody else doing it would just be lying.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

I like sunderlands shirt its nice im not sure if its the best though maybe youre right

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Of course I am right.

Thirteenth Step
Mar 3, 2004

Bland posted:

Boro's kit is actually the best I have seen so far.

I would LOVE the WBA one if not for the sponsor, but that could be said for nearly every kit in here so I guess there's that arguement out.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Boro wins. Close thread. Buy a Boro shirt today in the club shop at the Riverside stadium or in James Cook square. Get my name on the back. My number? You'll have to PM me.

Peace.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

wicka posted:

What was ever wrong with this (other than the date)?

that is a loving magnificent goddamn crest

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

What am I missing that's supposedly so great about that badge?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Because it's round and red and it's got a lion and it's not got some terrible scrolly poo poo along the bottom and it belonged to Middlesbrough FC.

Kiros
Mar 16, 2008

Does anybody know about the quake?
Bullshit!

:golfclap:

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

Pissflaps posted:

Because it's round and red and it's got a lion and it's not got some terrible scrolly poo poo along the bottom and it belonged to Middlesbrough FC.

where do you see a lion? it's a dragon, man

BoomtownRat
Mar 17, 2008

Noone Stops the Clockwork Orange
Not my team, but the ADO Den Haag home jerseys are something else.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002

BoomtownRat posted:

John Deere should fork over the $500 or so it takes to be ADO's sponsor.

josip broz tifo
Feb 5, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

Holy poo poo, that's an amazing idea.

Couch
May 16, 2004

COME ON TOT!
Teams should always choose their sponsor based on how it would match the kit.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

BoomtownRat posted:

If I can get a soccertriads copy, I'm all over that.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Who says a monthly sponsor will look bad? Elegant and tasteful. Now I'm torn: should I get the plain one, or the one with this sponsor on the front?

At this rate I'll end up with ten boro shirts this season...

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards
While that does look lovely, it also looks like a Rugby shirt.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"
So the City home shirt has now been unveiled and is the same as the leaked one from ages ago, so I won't post that (have bought the awesome away shirt though), however pictures of this new jacket have come out, inspired by the old Joe Mercer jacket, and I think its pretty cool.

Umbriago
Aug 27, 2004

I don't see much difference between this year's City kit and last year's. The jacket reminds me of the one that David Baddiel seemed to wear for the entire World Cup this year (both made by Umbro of course).

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
That's a good looking jacket.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Anyone know of any sites (preferably in the US) selling Germany's black and gold away shirt from the World Cup? I've found tons of sites selling the home, but none for the away.

gibsonisacripple
Feb 24, 2001

CHAMPIONS

Thauros posted:

Anyone know of any sites (preferably in the US) selling Germany's black and gold away shirt from the World Cup? I've found tons of sites selling the home, but none for the away.

Subside Sports is usually the best place but even they don't have it...Unless your small enough for a kids http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/10-11-germany-away-shirt-boys.html

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Thauros posted:

I think someone said that during the tournament at least, they were impossible to come by. I'm not surprised really, it's a beautiful shirt.

TheGoatFeeder
Mar 16, 2005

"One Zaba, Two Zaba, Three Zabaleta, Four Zaba, Five Zaba, Six Zabaleta, Seven Zaba, Eight Zaba, Nine Zabaleta, Heeeeeeeeeey Zabaleta"

Umbriago posted:

I don't see much difference between this year's City kit and last year's.

None really, it has a different collar and really faint pin stripes, and the sleeves are slightly different, but other than that its identical, bit of a cash in really. I am just going to buy the away and leave it at that.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thauros posted:

World Soccer Shop is even out, this is kind of bizarre.

Harry Anus
Feb 11, 2005

Those City jackets are really nice, I would be all over that if it was my club.

highme posted:

If I can get a soccertriads copy, I'm all over that.

That's actually our kit from last season. You can buy one in the club store with a 30 percent discount at the moment. I doubt it's for sale online.

If you're thinking about getting one with a player's name on it may I suggest you get Kum on the back?

This is our new kit btw.

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

Don't be silly it will cost at least ten times as much as that, maybe even more.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Thauros posted:

Dunno if this helps you a ton, but try a local shop if you have one. I saw a few when I went to a local shop this weekend to pick up our new home kit.

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Pissflaps posted:

Who says a monthly sponsor will look bad? Elegant and tasteful. Now I'm torn: should I get the plain one, or the one with this sponsor on the front?

At this rate I'll end up with ten boro shirts this season...

didn't realise PNE had enough money to sponsor another team

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Fag Boy Jim posted:

still, it's not as bad as Arsenal's redesign

i like it :)

Grievo
Jul 13, 2006

God.

Grez posted:

didn't realise PNE had enough money to sponsor another team

gently caress.

I was coming here to make this joke.

Although if you win away at Preston then the headlines will write themselves.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Fag Boy Jim posted:

still, it's not as bad as Arsenal's redesign

It's nothing special, but quite the improvement over that christmas carol thing.

- clean and simple design
- dominated by the team's colors
- big loving gun

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Is there a place online to get scarves that aren't The Glory Four?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

Paul Pot posted:

It's nothing special, but quite the improvement over that christmas carol thing.

- big loving gun
You shut the hell up. The original crest was glorious and at least had our loving motto on it. The new one just looks like a loving NFL logo.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Grievo posted:

gently caress.

I was coming here to make this joke.

Although if you win away at Preston then the headlines will write themselves.

only if we play them in august

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

Paul Pot posted:

If I'm not mistaken, the original crest could not be trademarked by Arsenal because it had been in use for decades without being so, therefore the club was losing money on non-authorized merchandise sales. The redesign had to reinforce their existing brand but be different enough to be trademarked as a new crest. Given these constraints, I think they did a good job.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Paul Pot posted:

- big loving gun

The blue is stupid and it looks fat.

Dear Sergio
Sep 7, 2008

We are a couple, not a duo

wicka posted:

The blue is stupid and it looks fat.

it's red white and blue. what are you some sort of freedom hating terrorist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post
stupid, fat, nfl, red white blue...no wonder they're america's favorite soccer team