Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Is Edge's career ending soon or something? He's looked out of shape since he came back and it hasn't gotten any better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

DannoMack posted:

Is Edge's career ending soon or something? He's looked out of shape since he came back and it hasn't gotten any better.

I remember an interview being posted a little while ago where he said he wants to retire in about two years.

Who could blame him? He's held together by popsicle sticks and chewing gum at this point.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
He's not getting any younger either. Your metabolism slows down dramatically throughout your 30s.

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Aug 4, 2010

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I hope when he retires he goes into announcing or road agent. I do not want to see him on TNA.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

DannoMack posted:

I think he's admitted he doesn't work out anymore.

workinonit
Jul 11, 2009
Were the UK-only PPVs that the WWE ran at the end of the 90s just treated like glorified House Shows? I can't remember much about them, but I don't think anything important ever happened on them. Were they even mentioned outside of the UK?

Graic
Feb 2, 2008

Fella Man
What was the reason Undertaker switched back to the Deadman gimmick in 2004 after using BikerTaker for so long? Was there an actual reason or was it just because, why not? I've always wondered. I hadn't yet discovered dirtsheets back then, and always wondered about the backstory to that whole thing, if there even was one.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Jewellers posted:

Were the UK-only PPVs that the WWE ran at the end of the 90s just treated like glorified House Shows? I can't remember much about them, but I don't think anything important ever happened on them. Were they even mentioned outside of the UK?
The first "One Night Only" PPV was an interesting case, as they spent a segment or two on Raw building up the HBK/Davey Boy feud, and the resulting Euro title change was given a lot of attention. But outside of that match I don't recall the show being mentioned on U.S. television at all, even something as high profile as the Bret/Undertaker match.

So pretty much all of One Night Only besides the main event was given the house show treatment. And yeah all the "Insurexxion" and "Rebellion" shows that came later were basically glorified house shows.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Graic posted:

What was the reason Undertaker switched back to the Deadman gimmick in 2004 after using BikerTaker for so long? Was there an actual reason or was it just because, why not? I've always wondered. I hadn't yet discovered dirtsheets back then, and always wondered about the backstory to that whole thing, if there even was one.

I know storyline wise it was because he lost a buried alive match to vince mcmahon thanks to kane and he came back as the western dead man at WM XX.

Graic
Feb 2, 2008

Fella Man
Yeah, I know the kayfabe reason. I was just wondering why they decided to do that to go back to the Deadman gimmick Did they feel BikerTaker was played out, or the Deadman would work better as a part time special attraction? That actually makes sense, and I probably just answered my own question.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Minidust posted:

And yeah all the "Insurexxion" and "Rebellion" shows that came later were basically glorified house shows.

But it did give us vinnie Jones kicking Bossman in the balls

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Graic posted:

Yeah, I know the kayfabe reason. I was just wondering why they decided to do that to go back to the Deadman gimmick Did they feel BikerTaker was played out, or the Deadman would work better as a part time special attraction? That actually makes sense, and I probably just answered my own question.

As I recall (and I'm almost certainly not remembering correctly), the reason for the Bikertaker switch in the first place was that Undertaker was tired of the undead gimmick, had been for some time (not being a huge fan of the Ministry of Darkness thing) and wanted to switch to something a little more realistic. (Hence, the Bikertaker.) But Vince had been trying to get him to go back to the Deadman gimmick almost since Day 1, and finally, after realizing that the whole Big Evil / Bikertaker thing really wasn't working (or selling merchandise), Undertaker relented and agreed to return to being the Deadman.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
What happened to Sid? I thought he was coming back.

Eugene Jerome
Jun 24, 2005

by angerbeet

joshtothemaxx posted:

What happened to Sid? I thought he was coming back.

Johnny Ace asked him if he could pass a drug test, and we haven't seen him, so yeah.

ChampRamp
Mar 29, 2010

:siren: SAVE_US.CHR :siren:
Anyone have a recent Sid pic?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Eugene Jerome posted:

Johnny Ace asked him if he could pass a drug test, and we haven't seen him, so yeah.

Sid is also fifty, and not exactly a superb worker or a guy who's been on TV in the last ten years.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

OneThousandMonkeys posted:

Sid is also fifty, and not exactly a superb worker or a guy who's been on TV in the last ten years.

So he's a shoein as the surprise from TNA?

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Maybe he could just show up and powerbomb a poo poo load of dudes, he should be able to do that for a long time. Plus his mammoth son could help him out.

Just a couple of dudes back stage warming up? Wrong. Sid and son powerbomb out of nowhere!

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

maniacripper posted:

Just a couple of dudes back stage warming up? Wrong. Sid and son powerbomb out of nowhere!

I'm just on my way to the major TV networks to pitch "Sid and Son" and their next big sitcom.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ChampRamp posted:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

I'm just on my way to the major TV networks to pitch "Sid and Son" and their next big sitcom.
Sid and Son, featuring Booker T as the wacky ethnic neighbor.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

oldpainless posted:

Thurman Murman and that kid from the Sandlot all growed up.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

oldpainless posted:

Sid "The Gaffer" Gamgee and his son Sam.

e. Any other pay-per-view matches end with a woman removing a piece of clothing and distracting the other guy/guys?

Because SummerSlam '88 totally rules in that regard.

WHICH WAY MADNESS fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Aug 5, 2010

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Shitty_Wok posted:

e. Any other pay-per-view matches end with a woman removing a piece of clothing and distracting the other guy/guys?

It wasn't a PPV, but Sable took her top off to distract the Sultan on the first episode of Shotgun Saturday Night.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Sunny showed her "assets" to Phinneus I. Godwin to secure a win for the Smokin' Gunns.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

Rusty Shackelford posted:

It wasn't a PPV, but Sable took her top off to distract the Sultan on the first episode of Shotgun Saturday Night.

Wasn't that Marlena?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Moose Bigelow posted:

Wasn't that Marlena?

It was.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Shitty_Wok posted:

Sid "The Gaffer" Gamgee and his son Sam.

Sable stripped at Rock Bottom '98, if that counts.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

ChampRamp posted:

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
His hair is so pretty :allears:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TL posted:

His hair is so pretty :allears:

Did you forget your scissors, Sid?

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Aug 5, 2010

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

Did you forget your scissors, Sid?

What?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Jesus Christ. :regd08:

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

MrBling posted:

ROCK! WELCOME TO THE STAGE OF HISTORY

Blueheim
Dec 2, 2006
Zelda Junkie

Matlock posted:

ROCK! WELCOME TO THE STAGE OF HISTORY

Hahah i was just thinking the same thing. Taking him out of two was the worst thing ever

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Wrestling Question: what the gently caress is a Stairway to Janice match?

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
I hear it's like a stairway to hell match. Basically there's a weapon over the ring, you have to climb the ladder to get it and knock out the other guy. It was usually something wrapped in barbwire in ECW.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Janice is a 2x4 with a ton of nails embedded in it. I'm guessing he gave it a name because Foley gave his Barbed Wire Bat a name in 2004.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

Janice is a 2x4 with a ton of nails embedded in it. I'm guessing he gave it a name because Foley gave his Barbed Wire Bat a name in 2004.

Yes, but "Barbie" for a barbed wire bat is a contraction of the object's real name, whereas "Janice" is my sister's name and is being used for no reason, so this match is thoroughly confusing to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Abyss is a retard though.