Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Andale!Andale!
Aug 23, 2008

Coitus_Interruptus posted:

I'd like to ask, how healthy are the relationships you guys have with the immediate family that believes in and forwards you this absolute crap?

If my mom and dad firmly believed in this kind of poo poo I'm not such a melodramatic child that I would never talk to them or anything like that but I imagine that their deep belief in an ideology I find morally bankrupt would certainly harm our ability to have a healthy relationship.

My parents and I have always had a rocky relationship. I love them, but every forward or remark makes me lose a bit more respect for them. We've had several blowups where I've tried to get them to stop sending me forwards or tried to send them Snopes links. Of course that got me a forward about how Snopes is run by Obama supporters and to not believe anything from it. There's no way to win with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates

DerpDerp posted:

Where do they come up with this poo poo?

It doesn't look that hard. You just take every issue or major institution and either make up a strawman to rail against or construct two frames to inaccurately set against each other.

What Is Wrong With America?

Do you want to live in a country where the following is true:

- We invade other nations to bring democracy, but when a black President is elected we start hearing about revolution at home.
- Corporations are given rights as if they're people, while people can be arrested for speaking freely.
- It's wrong to seek modern interpretations of the Constitution, but we can re-write it if it's giving brown people too many rights.
- It's discriminatory to not talk about the Christian god in school, but there are certain places that Muslim worship is Just Not Okay.

blah blah blah. It's the simplest thing in the world, because no actual issues are addressed at all. You're just looking for pure emotional outrage.

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

quote:

How is this for a straight answer...

POLK COUNTY FLORIDA SHERIFF GRADY JUDD
An illegal alien in Polk County Florida who got pulled over in a routine traffic stop ended up 'executing' the deputy who stopped him. The deputy was shot eight times, including once behind his right ear at close range. Another deputy was wounded and a police dog killed. A state-wide manhunt ensued.

The murderer was found hiding in a wooded area and as soon as he took a shot at the SWAT team, officers opened fire on him. They hit the guy 68 times.

Naturally, the liberal media went nuts and asked why they had to shoot the poor undocumented immigrant 68 times.

Sheriff Grady Judd told the Orlando Sentinel: 'Because that's all the ammunition we had..' Now, is that just about the all-time greatest answer or what!

The Coroner also reported that the illegal alien died of natural causes.. When asked by a reporter how that could be since there were 68 bullet wounds in his body, he simply replied "when you are shot 68 times you are naturally gonna die."

Illegal alien cop killer gets justice from a gun barrel! Oh yeah, another life snuffed out! This certainly is something to be smug about!
unf unf :clint::fh:

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Lansdowne posted:

Illegal alien cop killer gets justice from a gun barrel! Oh yeah, another life snuffed out! This certainly is something to be smug about!

PRAISE JESUS

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED

Lansdowne posted:

Being happy that another person died: a sign you may be a sociopath.

Proudly sending emails to your friends/family praising the death of another person: a sign you need to be isolated from the civil world.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Death be not proud. That is reserved for bored housewives with AOL accounts.

Bagheera
Oct 30, 2003

Coitus_Interruptus posted:

I'd like to ask, how healthy are the relationships you guys have with the immediate family that believes in and forwards you this absolute crap?

If my mom and dad firmly believed in this kind of poo poo I'm not such a melodramatic child that I would never talk to them or anything like that but I imagine that their deep belief in an ideology I find morally bankrupt would certainly harm our ability to have a healthy relationship.

You have to learn not to let politics interfere with family relationships. My parents are quite conservative, both politically and religiously. The rest of my family is really far right (they get their news from Pat Robertson and Glenn Beck). We talk politics a lot, but we keep it light-hearted.

One aunt of mine, though, takes it all very personally. In 2008, my mom said told my aunt that she was thinking of voting for Obama. My aunt refused to talk to her for several months. I've lost all respect for that aunt. Not because her political views are the opposite of mine, but that she lets politics interfere with personal relationships.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Logan 5 suggested I post in this thread an absurd, Breitbart-quality forward that a family member hit me with. I waffle'd all the stupid loving images in it- but you are missing out on the absurd font / color. Here it is:

some insane poo poo was posted:

Subject: LOOK WHAT THEY FOUND ON THE ARIZONA BORDER!! FRIGHTENING!!!

LOOK WHAT THEY FOUND ON

THE ARIZONA BORDER!! FRIGHTENING!!! LET'S FLOOD THE INTERNET

WITH THIS!!

Our fearless 'leader',

instead of playing golf and vacationing in Maine should be down there

finding out what is going on. He's got no time to to anything

constructive but plenty of time to goof off.!!

Our country is in BIG

trouble!
Anybody want to

boycott Arizona now?
This can happen in your state

too!

Why was there no news

coverage of this raid on the Arizona border? And more

importantly, where did all these weapons come from and why were they

being brought into this country?

And people wonder why we

want to enforce our laws in Arizona or anywhere along the

border?

This is exactly why we

MUST support our friends in ARIZONA !

This seizure was just five days

ago. Located on the Arizona border!

This is but one seizure that has

taken place along the border over the past year. There have been

many more like this.

=Exactly where did you hear

about it in OUR media? NO WHERE!
Not a mention on ABC - CBS -

NBC - MSNBC - or CNN news!

These photos and reports come

from a Spanish language news source.

Thank God for the border patrol,

who did not allow this to come over the border!

This is one "graphic picture"

but it tells the true story of just how serious Border Control really

is!

Let's ENFORCE the laws across

the board for EVERYONE violating them Nothing discriminatory

about that at all amigos!

Stash of assault rifles

The border area has become so

dangerous that it resembles a war zone.

Enough ammunition to outfit a

small army was confiscated.

Military caps and equipment were

among the cache of weapons.

All types of assault weapons

were among the cache.
Many were military grade

weapons with plenty of ammo.

There were enough guns to open a

gun shop.

It was a major asenal of weapons including grenade

launchers.

Not only weapons, but also

vehicles believed to have
been stolen were found at

the site.

One smuggler was killed during

the operation when
he fired on the border

patrol agents.

More than 200 large weapons were

confiscated
along with about 30

smaller arms.

Numerous Police style bullet

proof vests were found in one vehicle.

More than 60 grenades of varrying size were

found.
Some contained Arabic

writing on them.

Two grenade launchers were among

the cache.

Numerous hand guns with loaded clips
were also found in the

cache.

A single grenade like this could

bring $5,000
on the streets of the

USA .

It appears these guys intended

to portray themselves
as police officers or

military men.

More than 80 stolen cell phones were found.
These

could be used for detonating bombs remotely.

Each and every vehicle checked had

been reported stolen in the USA in the recent past! $380,000

worth of stolen vehicles were recovered.

Still more rifles were found stuffed in several

SUV's

Clips loaded with live bullets were just too

numerous to count.

All types of weapons including Afghan -

Russian - Chinese and many others.

Each of these weapons could be

sold for as much as
$5,000 on the black market

in the USA .

Now, what would motivate anyone to object to

protecting our borders after they have seen this?

Sadly many still will object to

laws like the one Arizona recently adopted. Our own Federal

Government just sued Arizona over their law. But the Feds law

reads almost word for word as do many other states laws already on the

books.

Problem is, they refuse to

enforce the laws already in effect!!

Sorta makes you wonder who our

real enemies really are....doesn't

it?

Here's the great thing. THIS, is the real event where the photos came from- crossposted from the GBS 'foxnews lies' thread:

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

At work today an old woman called and said that she heard 26,000 people have been murdered in Arizona because of the drug cartels, and then the real tragedy is that 5000 of our troops have died in Iraq and Afghanistan.

I really don't know what I'm supposed to say, she just called me to point it out.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

5er posted:

Logan 5 suggested I post in this thread an absurd, Breitbart-quality forward that a family member hit me with. I waffle'd all the stupid loving images in it- but you are missing out on the absurd font / color. Here it is:

Here's the great thing. THIS, is the real event where the photos came from- crossposted from the GBS 'foxnews lies' thread:
I'm amused by this ad on that page:

Does Carly want the Mexican citizen vote or something?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

nm posted:

I'm amused by this ad on that page:

Does Carly want the Mexican citizen vote or something?

"A Pro-Life Conservative": she obviously wants the Hispanic Catholic vote.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

I know that going after grammar is a kind petty, but do any of these understand the concept of coherent paragraph breaks? It's not that hard; it just seems like they do it on purpose to give the email a hysterical and twitchy edge to it.

We should turn it into a game: "Was this crazy email forward written by a teabagger, or a schitzophrenic?"

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

Blarghalt posted:

I know that going after grammar is a kind petty, but do any of these understand the concept of coherent paragraph breaks? It's not that hard; it just seems like they do it on purpose to give the email a hysterical and twitchy edge to it.

I always thought it was some crazy word processing thing they used. Like how the text paragraphs rarely flow to the edge of the document.

Almost as it
they wrote it
up in notepad
and manually
created line-
breaks and then
copy/pasted it
into the mail.

Then as people in the chain edit it with awesome colors/fonts and add/remove stuff here and there everything gets messed up.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006
Given an infinite amount of time we'll eventually see a chain email recreation of Hamlet.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Doomclown posted:

Given an infinite amount of time we'll eventually see a chain email recreation of Hamlet.
Well, maybe a less nuanced version of Othello

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Anosmoman posted:

I always thought it was some crazy word processing thing they used. Like how the text paragraphs rarely flow to the edge of the document.

Almost as it
they wrote it
up in notepad
and manually
created line-
breaks and then
copy/pasted it
into the mail.

Then as people in the chain edit it with awesome colors/fonts and add/remove stuff here and there everything gets messed up.

The best guess I can give it is that it is foresight for forwarding to old people that still use AOL/Compuserve at a 640x480 resolution. They may not be able to see well but they're sitting on retirement funds that tend to go to either lottery or megachurches, and can still vote...

UltraPenguinX
Mar 23, 2009

TC: hOnK hOnK iM a MoThErFuCkInG sEaL :o)

5er posted:

The hilarious part is that I don't think there's any woodland like that anywhere near the border. Of course, I wouldn't expect the people who eat this stuff up without looking into it at all to know basic geography, but still.

Edit: just noticed "there is arabic writing on some of them". Just trying to cram in as much xenophobia as possible per e-mail, I suppose.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

UltraPenguinX posted:

The hilarious part is that I don't think there's any woodland like that anywhere near the border. Of course, I wouldn't expect the people who eat this stuff up without looking into it at all to know basic geography, but still.

Edit: just noticed "there is arabic writing on some of them". Just trying to cram in as much xenophobia as possible per e-mail, I suppose.

Also how they keep quoting the US "street prices" for the weapons. As if the whole reason the Mexican cartels were gathering shitloads of military weapons was just so they could sell them in the US and not, you know, engage in daily gun battles with everyone else in Mexico.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Notahippie posted:

Also how they keep quoting the US "street prices" for the weapons. As if the whole reason the Mexican cartels were gathering shitloads of military weapons was just so they could sell them in the US and not, you know, engage in daily gun battles with everyone else in Mexico.

Besides, wouldn't these same people completely approve of selling illegal firearms on the street in the U.S. if gun control was enacted?

e: Hell, I'll bet that at least one person has received this e-mail, agreed and forwarded it, while simultaneously belonging to an organization with a larger and more dangerous cache of illegal weaponry.

e2: In fact, if I happened to get this e-mail, I think I'd just send back "Wow, I always thought you were against gun control. Why are you criticizing these Patriots for exercising their Second Amendment Rights?"

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 6, 2010

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Mornacale posted:

Besides, wouldn't these same people completely approve of selling illegal firearms on the street in the U.S. if gun control was enacted?

e: Hell, I'll bet that at least one person has received this e-mail, agreed and forwarded it, while simultaneously belonging to an organization with a larger and more dangerous cache of illegal weaponry.

Massive illegal caches of weaponry are only dangerous when other people have them, silly.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Notahippie posted:

I love the idea of the $5000 grenade. What does it blow up? Everything?

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
Well, to be fair, the street price of a single grenade would be astronomical, as they're virtually impossible to obtain.

As soon as I saw the second picture, I thought "Let me guess, the author is never going to make mention that these aren't American troops". I also liked how they claim some of the weapons are "Afghanistan" make. Ah yes, the booming Afghani defense industry has been a thorn in our side for too long!

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

muscles like this? posted:

I love the idea of the $5000 grenade. What does it blow up? Everything?

It's the fabled DEATHKILL 5000 grenade. At $5,000 it's a bargain at $1 per guaranteed white protestant death.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Duck_King posted:

Well, to be fair, the street price of a single grenade would be astronomical, as they're virtually impossible to obtain.
Yeah, that's how they get you. Goddamn gougers. :argh:

Hardcore Phonography
Apr 28, 2004

I have my eye on a suite in Baker Street.

Taerkar posted:

It's the fabled DEATHKILL 5000 grenade. At $5,000 it's a bargain at $1 per guaranteed white protestant death.

Can I buy 2? I mean 5.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
How much is that in food stamps?

ducttape
Mar 1, 2008

Intel&Sebastian posted:

How much is that in food stamps?

almost 2 days worth, if you are an illegal

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I figure if you're an illegal Obama mails you a dozen

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

quote:

Well, someone figured out why Obama nominated Elana Kagan for the
Supreme Court. Pull up the Supreme Courts website, go to the docket
and search for Obama. She was the Solicitor General for all the suits
against him filed with the Supreme Court to show proof of natural born
citizenship.

He owes her big time. All of the requests were denied of course.
They were never heard. It just keeps getting deeper and deeper, doesn't it?

The American people mean nothing any longer. It's all about payback
time for those that compromised themselves to elect someone that
really has no true right to even be there. We should be getting so
sick of all of this nonsense. The USA has finally become the laughing
stock of the world. GOD help and deliver us.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8u7px_GzWQ

5er
Jun 1, 2000

crime fighting hog posted:

I figure if you're an illegal Obama mails you a dozen

The photos are from an intercepted shipment from the White House to a mosque in Arizona run by illegal immigrants.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

5er posted:

The photos are from an intercepted shipment from the White House to a mosque in Arizona run by illegal immigrants.

Westbound and Brown :c00l:

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.

HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

*breathe*

:laffo:

Goddamn Solicitor General representin' the Government's opinion!

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Special "It came from FaceBook!" edition

(X) posted: I PLEDGE
ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA AND TO THE
REPUBLIC FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH
LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL. (I grew up saying this every morning in
school - it's a shame we no longer do that for fear of offending
...someone). NOW, LET'S SEE HOW MANY AMERICANS WILL REPOST AND NOT CARE
ABOUT OFFENDING ANYONE

I commented saying "We still do this?" but I imagine he'll just say something about atheists ruining the country.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

ABOUT OFFENDING ANYONE

I commented saying "We still do this?" but I imagine he'll just say something about atheists ruining the country.

Tell him "You know who else said a pledge to a flag? Nazis."

I think if we just start making nazi accusations to all of their stuff it'll cancel out with all of glenn beck's nazi accusations and eventually everyone will just tune out nazi arguments.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

Neckbeard v. 2.0 posted:

I think if we just start making nazi accusations to all of their stuff it'll cancel out with all of glenn beck's nazi accusations and eventually everyone will just tune out nazi arguments.

:siren:Breaking news!:siren:
Recent pictures of the Lincoln Memorial show that the chair Lincoln sits in has representations of fasces on the arms, that's where the word FASCISM comes from!

Click here for the full 800x600 image.

I don't remember noticing them when Bush was president, Is B. Hussein Obama the one who made the change?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Neckbeard v. 2.0 posted:

That's American children though and that picture predates WW2. That style of salute fell out of fashion for that exact reason.

That said who gets offended at the pledge? I mean there's people that don't do it for various reasons but who calls the ACLU on someone's rear end for it?

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Neckbeard v. 2.0 posted:

My friend just responded with this: idk, but they dont cuz it reps the G-man...

What the gently caress?

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

RagnarokAngel posted:

That's American children though and that picture predates WW2. That style of salute fell out of fashion for that exact reason.

That said who gets offended at the pledge? I mean there's people that don't do it for various reasons but who calls the ACLU on someone's rear end for it?

You're making the incorrect assumption that it has to make sense.

nsaP fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Aug 7, 2010

Ruckby
Aug 25, 2009

RagnarokAngel posted:

Yes, we knew that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

ABOUT OFFENDING ANYONE

"It's a shame we no longer do that"?

What the gently caress is he talking about, I had to say it every single morning K-12 without fail. Hell, it was mandatory. As far as I know that is pretty much the case in every public school.