Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah inolen, keep posting that stuff, you guys make stunting cool and don't annoy me like all the morons you see on the street. Plus that song is sick and I now have that mix tape thanks to the vid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Phat_Albert posted:

EVERY country should have a law against rake. The only picture it completes is the terrible handling picture.

All mods should be done for performance. Never for looks. Choppers are all about performance and handling. :rolleyes:

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

All mods should be made at modder's discretion. All mockery of said mods should be done with violent sneering.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Scrapez posted:

All mods should be done for performance. Never for looks. Choppers are all about performance and handling. :rolleyes:

Choppers are terrible all around actually :rolleyes:

Any mods to them should be done to make them either hilarious (10 foot long forks), or slightly less chopper-esque (no rake)

inolen
Dec 10, 2003

Dubs posted:

Stuntin on an Ape is awesome.

Is that due to all the sponsorship around there, or is that his normal ride?

Before Aprilia sponsored him he was on a Kawasaki. He just got the RSV4 on the way to that event, I can't wait to see him rip on that.

Z3n posted:

That was awesome. Especially loved the ape drifting the cones and the headstand to left turn with his foot. And the attempt at the stoppie to reverse. Good stuff all around :)

Nick Apex has the nastiest acros hands down! He's started doing that switchback coffin zero thing now from the christ position, so he's standing on the tank backwards with one foot on the bar steering it around like so:

Bottom Liner posted:

Yeah inolen, keep posting that stuff, you guys make stunting cool and don't annoy me like all the morons you see on the street. Plus that song is sick and I now have that mix tape thanks to the vid.

That whole mixtape is awesome!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

inolen posted:

Nick Apex has the nastiest acros hands down! He's started doing that switchback coffin zero thing now from the christ position, so he's standing on the tank backwards with one foot on the bar steering it around like so:

Awesome, you should really bring back your stunting thread, it was pretty sweet. Even if you just dumped images there, you guys have some awesome photography skills and I love checking out your stuff. And I chatted with an old friend of yours when I was up in Seattle, haha.

Edit: TRIALS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmzM31g_dOQ

Z3n fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 5, 2010

Ringo R
Dec 25, 2005

ช่วยแม่เฮ็ดนาแหน่เดัอ

inolen posted:

A little video I cut from the XDL exhibition at X-Games 16:
http://www.stuntbums.com/Blog/xdl-exhibition-at-x-games-16-highlights-video

Great stuff. Nice filming, editing, everything.

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006

Backyard BMX tracks are pretty AI.

Whats the word on BMX pictures, the sports photography thread is almost as dead as the Offroad Bicycle thread, and I shoot pictures pretty much weekly.

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷
You can't just post a picture of those jumps with no action shots!

But I'd ask sigtrap

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006

If sigtrap says engines only, I'll take them down.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Cycle Asylum - Motorcycles, bicycles... all that stuff with two wheels.

Nyyen
Jun 26, 2005

MACHINE MEN
with MACHINE MINDS
and MACHINE HEARTS
Does anyone have the link to that amazing trials jump? The one where after a short run up a few boulders, he sits and revs way up then launches over a huge gap.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Z3n posted:

gently caress yes, motojournal with english subs. And some loving amazing bikes.

It's Top Gear, with motorcycles! :D

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Trintintin posted:

Awesome! That takes me back to my childhood when I raced BMX. Wish I still had the Schwinn Sting I used to race. Loved that bike.

Very nice track you have there.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Trintintin posted:

Post more! You should make a BMX thread if you've got pictures and stuff to put in there, there are definitely a few ex-bmx riders around.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

Trintintin posted:

I vote they stay. Nice pics... takes me back about 20 years! Got any more?

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

Scrapez posted:

...Schwinn Sting I used to race.

Oh man I wanted one of those. About a year ago I managed to rescue the remains of my prized Mag Scrambler from my parent's house. At some point I'd like to restore it.

needknees
Apr 4, 2006

Oh. My.

Trintintin posted:

Backyard BMX tracks are pretty AI.

Whats the word on BMX pictures, the sports photography thread is almost as dead as the Offroad Bicycle thread, and I shoot pictures pretty much weekly.

That's either the craziest track ever or a very awesome and well maintained set of backyard trails. Or both. I never did any racing but I did ride our local trails (which your place shames them so bad it's not even funny... at least it was a place to ride), street, and a bit of park. Keep posting 'em. :)

Trintintin
Jun 27, 2006
Its a combination of both. It's a full built race track(minus gate) in a friends backyard. 4 full straights, every straight is actually split into a pro and Amateur side. So it's technically an 8 straightaway track, just hanging out in a backyard. perfectly maintained to the point of insanity. There isn't a rock in the whole drat place.
Two more from that ridiculous backyard track.

A few I took at the national race a few months ago (with a much nicer rental lens).

This kid (above and below) isnt even 10 yet, and has more skill then I could ever wish to have. He will seriously jump anything.

Also, few things are more slick then a full chrome bike. (Yes that track is so dialed in that you leave skid marks on the drat dirt.)

I'll probably start a BMX thread next summer, the season is winding down right now so it would fizzle out pretty quickly. Plus there is small potential that a buddy and I could be starting our own sanctioned indoor track (We have everything but the building waiting on the back burners). So if that happens, a thread will definitely follow.

Trintintin fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Aug 7, 2010

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
To put it into perspective for people that have never done any kind of bmx racing;

BMX bikes have no suspension. This mean, if you even SLIGHTLY miscalculate the jump, your over the bars, done. Hands down the most terrifying sport I've ever tried.

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

sigtrap posted:

Cycle Asylum - Motorcycles, bicycles... all that stuff with two wheels.

I'm just warning you now about the Heelys loophole.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

blugu64 posted:

I'm just warning you now about the Heelys loophole.

Wheelchairs count too.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Jack the Smack posted:

Wheelchairs count too.

Wheelchairs basically always have 4 wheels.

Razor scooters count :v:

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
when you get down to it, its a loophole big enough to pull a rickshaw through.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

blugu64 posted:

when you get down to it, its a loophole big enough to pull a rickshaw through.

Let's segway to another topic...

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

That BMX track is amazing, the last picture looks almost like it's velodrome wood.

Also, will I get probated for posting about unicycles?

Blinken
Aug 11, 2007

Ola posted:

That BMX track is amazing, the last picture looks almost like it's velodrome wood.

If it only has one wheel it should have to have an engine too.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Blinken posted:

If it only has one wheel it should have to have an engine too.

That seems like the recipe for serious bodily injury. Please tell me that's a heavily tuned MV Augusta 250 engine and not a pussy 125.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Ola posted:

I always think it looks like a horrified Autobot.

(Ok so it's got two wheels and basically works like a segway)

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKqFU60oJ1U

Ahh I love legal lane splitting. I also love turn signals but those are far and few between.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

Saw this very clean 750 Tiger yesterday in downtown DC. Sorry about the crappy phone picture. Anyone recognize the year?

Later in the day I saw an Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory but didn't have time to get a picture. Nice change of pace from the endless Busas that dominate the weekend night scene.

Ola
Jul 19, 2004

It's funny how in the olden days the difference between a street bike and an offroad bike was what tires happened to be on what was pretty much the same configuration.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
That bike is sick. I love those old school cafe racer style bikes.

Marv Hushman
Jun 2, 2010

Freedom Ain't Free
:911::911::911:

ought ten posted:

Saw this very clean 750 Tiger yesterday in downtown DC. Sorry about the crappy phone picture. Anyone recognize the year?

1978, with about 90% certainty.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Bottom Liner posted:

That bike is sick. I love those old school cafe racer style bikes.

What exactly is cafe racer about that bike?

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

niethan posted:

What exactly is cafe racer about that bike?

long flat seat, very narrow profile, long but low profile, no fairings

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

Jack the Smack posted:

long flat seat, very narrow profile, long but low profile, no fairings

That would be most 60-70s era standards you're describing.

Charles 1998
Sep 27, 2007

by VideoGames

8ender posted:

That would be most 60-70s era standards you're describing.

Yea, that's what cafe racers are.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
This could mimick the streetfighter discussion from a while ago, but cafe racers for me are custom bikes modified with low bars, seat hump etc. That Tiger looks pretty stock to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
cafe racer = clubman bars, solo seat and extra crap stripped off. There's nothing cafe racer about that bike at all.