Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

I would honestly have subscribed by now if they didn't want $10 a month for a wrestling rag.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Reading the Observer is worth $10 by itself. So much text, and Dave cracks so many awesome jokes during his Impact reports. I think I heard that he now uses Impact as a chance to make as many wisecracks as possible.

Also there's the Figure Four newsletter as well as at least a dozen wrestling/MMA audio shows a week.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Also it's worth going on The Board for a) their occasional photoshops (see: dave's leather jacket) and b) to watch dave/lance storm/bryan/vinny just completely shut people down.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

El Duke posted:

I agree that everyone should subscribe to WO and always go to the source, but what real difference is there in those two stories?
Reading it while not being utterly exhausted and kind of loopy, not much. I totally mis-read the LOP article.

The Hausu Usher
Feb 9, 2010

:spooky:
Screaming is the only useful thing that we can do.

George Kaplan posted:

Yes, but "Barbie" for a barbed wire bat is a contraction of the object's real name, whereas "Janice" is my sister's name and is being used for no reason, so this match is thoroughly confusing to me.

Happy Happyist posted:

Better names:

Plank.
Woody Harrelson.
Nailz.
Duggan.

Hire me, TNA.

Stairway to Helen?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

ADRIEN GRODYS FIFE posted:

Also it's worth going on The Board for a) their occasional photoshops (see: dave's leather jacket) and b) to watch dave/lance storm/bryan/vinny just completely shut people down.

If we're using this time to petition people to sign up for F4W/Wrestling Observer, let me throw my hat in as well! If I had know years ago that Dave Meltzer was one of the wittiest yet most intelligent people in any field, I'd have signed up long ago. People seem to slag him for match ratings, which are, you know, totally subjective and all - but he knows so, so much about wrestling that it's almost intimidating at times.

Plus the Byran and Vinny show can be very funny, and when TNA pisses Dave off he can go off on many a hilarious rant.

f4wonline.com DO IT DO IT SIGN UP JOIN RAZOR RAMON HARD DAVE

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Plus the Byran and Vinny show can be very funny

This is what made the money worth it when I originally signed up. Then we started getting the Observer too and it was a no-brainier. The audio shows are perfect listening on the train and Observer (and F4W when I have time) are great bathroom reading.

Also gently caress you, you're only chiming in 'cause you're Bryan and Vinny's favorite goon! :argh:

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
If there was ever any reason to sign up for F4W, it's the recent Bryan and Vinny show where, instead of reviewing RAW/Smackdown, they spent an hour telling stories about Brent Kremen.

Graic
Feb 2, 2008

Fella Man
To me, the subscription is worth it just for the newsletter and the Wrestling Observer radio show. I'm not into wrestling as much as I was a year or so ago, but their MMA coverage is top notch, and is the main reason I stay on. Newsletter gives me something to read in my down time too.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Graic posted:

To me, the subscription is worth it just for the newsletter and the Wrestling Observer radio show. I'm not into wrestling as much as I was a year or so ago, but their MMA coverage is top notch, and is the main reason I stay on. Newsletter gives me something to read in my down time too.

Besides ROH and their iPPVs, I've pretty much given up on current televised wrestling. I'm just not entertained by WWE or TNA's product anymore, but earlier this week I just resubscribed to F4W for another three months. I still love wrestling and hearing about it. Their audio shows are great for me to listen to at work, and they have a new one just about every day.

I wrote on the Board a few weeks ago that I feel like I pay Dave, Bryan, and Vinny every month to watch all the poo poo for me and then tell me about it.

Graic
Feb 2, 2008

Fella Man

Grant DaNasty posted:

Besides ROH and their iPPVs, I've pretty much given up on current televised wrestling. I'm just not entertained by WWE or TNA's product anymore, but earlier this week I just resubscribed to F4W for another three months. I still love wrestling and hearing about it. Their audio shows are great for me to listen to at work, and they have a new one just about every day.

I wrote on the Board a few weeks ago that I feel like I pay Dave, Bryan, and Vinny every month to watch all the poo poo for me and then tell me about it.

Yep, pretty much the same for me too. Honestly can't remember the last time I watched anything other than Raw, and even that's been a while. But I still know what's going on thanks to F4W.

I've been watching wrestling for 10 years, and was following it very closely online for half of those years. Even if I'm not really entertained by what's going on today, I'm still a fan and it's still just something I like reading about, if nothing else. BUT, like I said, if they didn't cover MMA as extensively as they do, I wouldn't subscribe anymore.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Capsaicin posted:

If there was ever any reason to sign up for F4W, it's the recent Bryan and Vinny show where, instead of reviewing RAW/Smackdown, they spent an hour telling stories about Brent Kremen.
That was an absolutely outstanding show.

"Can I ask Dave if his son is circumcised?"

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
This isn't specifically a wrestling question I guess but where the gently caress do you find Botchmania now, I search for it on Youtube and it never comes up any more. I know the guy that makes them has had problems with youtube in the past so I'm wondering if he moved to another site or something?

I want to watch botches damnit.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
Are there ever repercussions against wrestlers who injure other wrestlers (i.e. Owen and Stone Cold, Brock and Hardcore Holly, or Rey and Undertaker?) I assume it's just casualties of the job, much like papercuts and a secretarial position, but I mean, in a profession like wrestling, you'd expect some sort of skill-based incentive for wrestlers who excel at their trade and don't hurt others?

sexy_trash
Jul 4, 2008

WH2K IS JERICHO

FishBulb posted:

This isn't specifically a wrestling question I guess but where the gently caress do you find Botchmania now, I search for it on Youtube and it never comes up any more. I know the guy that makes them has had problems with youtube in the past so I'm wondering if he moved to another site or something?

http://www.youtube.com/user/TableofJapan

apperantly this could be him? I'm not too sure, I saw upto Botchamania 141 last week or so

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Shitty_Wok posted:

Are there ever repercussions against wrestlers who injure other wrestlers (i.e. Owen and Stone Cold, Brock and Hardcore Holly, or Rey and Undertaker?) I assume it's just casualties of the job, much like papercuts and a secretarial position, but I mean, in a profession like wrestling, you'd expect some sort of skill-based incentive for wrestlers who excel at their trade and don't hurt others?
D-Lo's career has never recovered if that counts, even though it wasn't really his fault.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

LividLiquid posted:

D-Lo's career has never recovered if that counts, even though it wasn't really his fault.

I guess I missed it, but who did D-Lo Brown hurt? Also, wasn't he pretty much useless anyway when separated from NoD?

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?
http://www.youtube.com/user/MaffewJapaneseTable

Thats the current one he is using.

sexy_trash
Jul 4, 2008

WH2K IS JERICHO

Shitty_Wok posted:

I guess I missed it, but who did D-Lo Brown hurt? Also, wasn't he pretty much useless anyway when separated from NoD?

He hurt Droz on a botched power bomb.

and yeah, he really didn't do anything after that,which was late 1999.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Shitty_Wok posted:

He was the other half of the match that crippled Darren Drozdof to this day.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Shitty_Wok posted:

He gave the powerbomb that broke Droz's neck. And no, he was a fantastic little worker with a great personality. Didn't have the body for a main eventer but I was sure he'd be in the upper midcard for years to come. Then...poo poo.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

sexy_trash posted:

He hurt Droz on a botched power bomb.

and yeah, he really didn't do anything after that,which was late 1999.

Yeah I was really an off and on fan in the late-90s, plus when you're a dumb kid your propensity for remembering anything is quite low. Or at least that's my situation. :P

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I am actually surprised they have not mentioned Droz during Linda's campaign. That after a serious injury they kept him on the payroll. It shows that they are not completely heartless.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

bobkatt013 posted:

I am actually surprised they have not mentioned Droz during Linda's campaign. That after a serious injury they kept him on the payroll. It shows that they are not completely heartless.

Probably because they don't want people asking why he was in a wheelchair to begin with.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

Shitty_Wok posted:

Brock injuring Holly was really Holly's fault for sandbagging. There weren't really repercussions for Owen other than Stone Cold reportedly refusing to work with him again - of course, that may have indirectly led to his death.

Guys who seem to repeatedly injure others don't tend to last long though.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

CSammich posted:

Brock injuring Holly was really Holly's fault for sandbagging. There weren't really repercussions for Owen other than Stone Cold reportedly refusing to work with him again - of course, that may have indirectly led to his death.

Guys who seem to repeatedly injure others don't tend to last long though.

Owen never apologized. That was a major issue between him an Austin. Rey and Undertaker was just a fluke thing.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

FishBulb posted:

The first 123 are at http://botchamania.net/

Which is really a lot less trouble than figuring out which five Youtube accounts they're spread over.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Its weird because Owen never apologizing goes against everything I've heard about what kind of person Owen was. Everyone always said he was nice and kind and a great person. I've never heard a bad word about him except for Austin.

And how the gently caress do you break someone's neck and not apologize?

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

oldpainless posted:

I imagine it'd be pretty goddamn awkward to go "Uhh... sorry for... breaking your neck? Sorry? Oh jeez..."

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Shitty_Wok posted:

Insert Anderson/Orton story here.

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
D'Lo said in his shoot that he wasn't right mentally after the Droz incident for at least a year, and that didn't help his career out at all.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?

LvK posted:

I imagine it'd be pretty goddamn awkward to go "Uhh... sorry for... breaking your neck? Sorry? Oh jeez..."

Owen 3:16 says I'm sorry for breaking your neck!

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Wasn't right mentally? That explains why he was teaming with Chaz and Tiger Ali Singh then. Lo Down made Bossman and Bull Buchanon look like a dream team.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Poor B-Squared I totally forgot about him. The poor guy was just so bland that even being part of John Cena's posse couldn't help him.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Giedroyc posted:

Wasn't right mentally? That explains why he was teaming with Chaz and Tiger Ali Singh then. Lo Down made Bossman and Bull Buchanon look like a dream team.

Actually I remember Chaz and D'Lo being a tight little tag team before they got lumbered with the really cringey sikh gimmick.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

reality_groove posted:

Actually I remember Chaz and D'Lo being a tight little tag team before they got lumbered with the really cringey sikh gimmick.

Yeah. Their finisher pretty much ruled. Chaz hit the superkick and while the opponent was falling, D'Lo hit the Lo-Down before the guy even hit the floor. It ruled.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

Yeah. Their finisher pretty much ruled. Chaz hit the superkick and while the opponent was falling, D'Lo hit the Lo-Down before the guy even hit the floor. It ruled.

Holy poo poo I forgot about this. Is there video of this?

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs

oldpainless posted:

Its weird because Owen never apologizing goes against everything I've heard about what kind of person Owen was. Everyone always said he was nice and kind and a great person. I've never heard a bad word about him except for Austin.

Most people are afraid to speak ill of the dead, especially someone who died in a crazy accident like him.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

Didn't they bust out the Powerplex a few times too? There's an awesome finisher that eneds to come back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Power & Glory had the best tag team finisher ever.