Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
Power and Glory were ace, bar Hercules' unique ability to turn crimson after 5 minutes of effort. Did the Nasty Boys even have a double team finisher?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Giedroyc posted:

Power and Glory were ace, bar Hercules' unique ability to turn crimson after 5 minutes of effort. Did the Nasty Boys even have a double team finisher?

Trip to Nastyville, though I only remember them using it erratically. The Pit Stop would also count, I guess.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Trip to Nastyville is the Powerslam followed by Sags lovely Elbow Drop off the top, right?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

DMPunk posted:

Demolition had the best tag team finisher ever.

Fixed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I've always thought 3-D was the best. Looks like death while being relatively safe, and the crowd loves it.

DMPunk
Jan 25, 2010

Not to be a dick, and being a guy I have no idea what she must be going thru, but its been like 6 months since she lost her baby. How much time do you need exactly?

oldpainless posted:

Fixed.

I loved Demolition as much as anyone, but their finisher sucked balls. 2nd rope elbow drop? Really? Couldnt even get to the tope rope? No? Well, gently caress you then.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

DMPunk posted:

I loved Demolition as much as anyone, but their finisher sucked balls. 2nd rope elbow drop? Really? Couldnt even get to the tope rope? No? Well, gently caress you then.

Yeah, you are right. Its the nostalgia that makes me love the Decapitation more than the actual move.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Trip to Nastyville is the Powerslam followed by Sags lovely Elbow Drop off the top, right?

Yes.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jagjL5kIOHc 08:25 for why demolition probably didn't do it from the top rope...

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"
No love for the Legion of Doom? I am shocked.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Edwardian posted:

No love for the Legion of Doom? I am shocked.

The Doomsday Device could only be done on people that Animal could get on his shoulders - it was amazing but I have a problem with that

Brickhouse Betty
Sep 11, 2001

Well well well

Supreme Allah posted:

The Doomsday Device could only be done on people that Animal could get on his shoulders - it was amazing but I have a problem with that

How often did they face guys he couldn't get up there? Animal was a pretty beefy dude.

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

I seem to remember Edge & Christian using a stacked superplex (christian on edge's shoulders, suplexing someone from the top rope) but can't find video of it. If I'm right, I think that was probably the best finisher.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

George Kaplan posted:

I seem to remember Edge & Christian using a stacked superplex (christian on edge's shoulders, suplexing someone from the top rope) but can't find video of it. If I'm right, I think that was probably the best finisher.

Yeah, but they only performed it once on the Hardys, IIRC.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
E & C ususally either cheated with a beltshot, a conchairto, or won with one of their indivudal finishers.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
The best tag team finisher is probably the golden shower.

It's a double 450 off the top rope and has nothing to do with pee.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I always liked Total Elimination.

ChikoDemono
Jul 10, 2007

He said that he would stay forever.

Forever wasn't very long...

Total Elimination was one of my favorites. I especially liked how it is relatively simple and they still manage to botch it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
So I guess I'm going to RAW tomorrow at Arco Arena and i've never been to a WWE event and I haven't given a poo poo about it since I was like 15, which was ten years ago. Only reason I'm going is that my buddy was given awesome seats and couldn't get anyone to go with him, not even his girlfriend.

What can I look to expect, what do I need to know and how long does this thing usually last?

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

-Atom- posted:

So I guess I'm going to RAW tomorrow at Arco Arena and i've never been to a WWE event and I haven't given a poo poo about it since I was like 15, which was ten years ago. Only reason I'm going is that my buddy was given awesome seats and couldn't get anyone to go with him, not even his girlfriend.

What can I look to expect, what do I need to know and how long does this thing usually last?

The pyro is way way louder live than it is on TV. It also kinda smells weird.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

-Atom- posted:

Are you asking about general live-show stuff or are you asking for a summary of the current angles/stories?

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

-Atom- posted:

Buy goldenrod posterboard
Put a giant N on it
Trust me

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

Matlock posted:

Buy goldenrod posterboard
Put a giant N on it
Trust me

Bonus points if the N is in the font Latin Wide D.

Everyone at Wrestlehut will love you.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
I recommend joining the Nexus, since they seem to get jumped a lot less than they jump others.

I think a Giant N with the caption "NOT AGAINST THEM" would be cool.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Ziggy Tsardust posted:

Are you asking about general live-show stuff or are you asking for a summary of the current angles/stories?

I guess the general live-show stuff. Like if some of the performers hang out before/after or what have you.

And I will absolutely put the N (what is the significance?) on the other side of the poster that I already plan on bringing. My seats are right by the ring as well.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

-Atom- posted:

I guess the general live-show stuff. Like if some of the performers hang out before/after or what have you.

And I will absolutely put the N (what is the significance?) on the other side of the poster that I already plan on bringing. My seats are right by the ring as well.

The "N" references a big angle where a bunch of new wrestlers from WWE's newest show rebelled and attacked everyone on RAW and destroyed the ring and ringside. The Group is called the Nexus and the big N on yellow or gold is their logo.

Also Bret Hart will be wrestling on that Raw.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

-Atom- posted:

Back in November, Jesse Ventura hosted raw and they explored the themes of how Vince and the main eventers were holding everyone down.

Sheamus, a relatively new member of the roster, was elevated by this storyline greatly.

This tied in loosely with a plot that saw Vince bring up the Montreal Screwjob again against the Undertaker, then he took on Bret Hart in a match that was really terrible.

A little bit after all this, NXT Season One was underway. The rookies all seemed pretty bad other than Danielson, but they all came into their own one by one--and were subsequently eliminated in what felt like arbitrary and annoying ways. The end of the competition had the entire NXT Season One cast backing Wade Barrett in the finals against David Otunga.

Wade Barrett won, and became the "next breakout star" with a "guaranteed title shot."

Shortly afterwards, Wade walked out during a Cena match. The rest of the NXT Season One cast came out of the audience and destroyed pretty well the entire set (including ripping up the ring) to end that episode of Raw.

It was then seen that they were called the Nexus, of which a Vince-as-mastermind scene was teased (and immediately squashed).

Currently, it appears that the only guy they really don't have a problem with is Sheamus.

And thus, we've come full circle to Ventura's theme of the younger talent overtaking Vince and the main eventers that were holding everyone else down.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Cliff's Notes: WWE had a fake reality show, the guys from the first season are in a makeshift NWO faction that pretty much owns.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

-Atom- posted:

Make sure you do put something on the other side. They'll confiscate your sign if one side is blank, so you don't get the sign in and then write "gently caress" on the other side for all to see.

Edwardian
May 4, 2010

"Can we have a bit of decorum on this forum?"

CSammich posted:

Make sure you do put something on the other side. They'll confiscate your sign if one side is blank, so you don't get the sign in and then write "gently caress" on the other side for all to see.

I recommend "GIF THIS J-RU!"

Edwardian fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Aug 9, 2010

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Matlock posted:

Cliff's Notes: WWE had a fake reality show, the guys from the first season are in a makeshift NWO faction that pretty much owns.

Indeed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqZ76Kd5xyw is that first Raw.

warbrides
May 11, 2009

Is there a WWE management sim i can run on a mac? Kinda like the GM mode in the old Smackdown Vs Raw games.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
How does one go about submitting clips for possible inclusion in a Botchamania video? I've got a few clumsy indy moments on home video that might be worth a shot.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I'm gonna ask this: does anyone else think that Bryan Danielson's continual references to ties and whatnot in his indy bookings might hurt his chances to get back into WWE? Like if someone tells Vince about it, Vince might see it as Danielson mocking what he got fired for, and that would essentially kill his chances to come back.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People

warbrides posted:

Is there a WWE management sim i can run on a mac? Kinda like the GM mode in the old Smackdown Vs Raw games.

I think your best bet is to download dosbox and run Extreme Warfare Deluxe. As far as I know, the newer ones only run for windows. There was a huge wrestling simulator scene on the internet 10 or so years ago, so there are lots floating around. Unfortunately, the rosters are probably outdated by this point.

*Edit* I can't find a link for EWD, which makes me feel sad and old.

*Edit Again* This file has a bunch of freeware wrestling simulators, including all the DOS Extreme Warfare games that you can run in Dos Box on Mac. http://pwse.zanysite.com/fp-content/attachs/pwsesimspack-2006-2010.zip

Zack_Gochuck fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 9, 2010

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
It's ironic that Akeem's finisher was the 747 and his tag team was the Twin Towers. Surprised that didn't get retroactively censored.

WHICH WAY MADNESS fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Aug 9, 2010

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

CVagts posted:

I'm gonna ask this: does anyone else think that Bryan Danielson's continual references to ties and whatnot in his indy bookings might hurt his chances to get back into WWE? Like if someone tells Vince about it, Vince might see it as Danielson mocking what he got fired for, and that would essentially kill his chances to come back.

I don't think there is much in the way of consistent logic for what will and will not bite you in the rear end in the world of pro wrestling.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
They hired Eric Bischoff, and had him as a legit character for several years,anyone has a chance of getting hired with WWE.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

CVagts posted:

Vince, of all people, will understand doing and overdoing what makes you money. If someone were to tell Vince about it, he'd be as likely to laugh and say "good for him!" as anything else, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
Even Randy Savage signed a legends contract so who knows.