Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
I highly doubt that whoever got Danielson fired is keeping a close eye on the indies. No one who matters in this situation is gonna care.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

bobkatt013 posted:

Even Randy Savage signed a legends contract so who knows.

No. He signed a contract with Mattel, not WWE. The WWE thing is a rumor that he may be offered one because they need someone for the hall of fame in a year or two.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

WeaselWeaz posted:

No. He signed a contract with Mattel, not WWE. The WWE thing is a rumor that he may be offered one because they need someone for the hall of fame in a year or two.

O I thought that WWE has some say in it since its being released under there name. Like WWE can tell Mattel who they can offer them to and who they can not.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
I think what gets you in WWE's bad books is trashing them when there's no money or self promotion involved.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

bobkatt013 posted:

O I thought that WWE has some say in it since its being released under there name. Like WWE can tell Mattel who they can offer them to and who they can not.

From what I've heard, WWE is so thankful that Mattel is doing their toys that they don't want to rock the boat. I don't think they'd make any sort of demands like that, if Mattel wants their Macho King doll then by god they'll get it.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Shitty_Wok posted:

It's ironic that Akeem's finisher was the 747 and his tag team was the Twin Towers. Surprised that didn't get retroactively censored.
That's not ironic, it's just coincidental! :fry:

But yeah. That's loving creepy and horrible.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

CVagts posted:

I'm gonna ask this: does anyone else think that Bryan Danielson's continual references to ties and whatnot in his indy bookings might hurt his chances to get back into WWE? Like if someone tells Vince about it, Vince might see it as Danielson mocking what he got fired for, and that would essentially kill his chances to come back.

Not really, I don't think Vince or whoever lobbied for his firing watches much Indy and like tzirean said, he'd probably see his side of "It's making me money, I'm gonna milk this for all its worth"

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Given the WWE's new habit of acknowledging people's indie backgrounds, that Danielson has said he wants to "get more people watching indie wrestling" and that he's happily acknowledging his release but politely declining to discuss details, I think its clear that both parties have an agreement, and what he's doing is probably okay with them. If anything, every time a tie is mentioned it reminds people he was in WWE, and will probably be back by the end of the year.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

George Kaplan posted:

Given the WWE's new habit of acknowledging people's indie backgrounds, that Danielson has said he wants to "get more people watching indie wrestling" and that he's happily acknowledging his release but politely declining to discuss details, I think its clear that both parties have an agreement, and what he's doing is probably okay with them. If anything, every time a tie is mentioned it reminds people he was in WWE, and will probably be back by the end of the year.

The agreement is standard, wrestlers can't say anything bad about the company until the no-compete is over.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

triplexpac posted:

From what I've heard, WWE is so thankful that Mattel is doing their toys that they don't want to rock the boat. I don't think they'd make any sort of demands like that, if Mattel wants their Macho King doll then by god they'll get it.

I'm pretty sure there was some form of rebuilding burned down bridges.

If anything, Macho apologized for leaving Vince without letting him have a chance to make a counter offer. Afterall, that's why we have the bad blood.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Lone Rogue posted:

I'm pretty sure there was some form of rebuilding burned down bridges.

If anything, Macho apologized for leaving Vince without letting him have a chance to make a counter offer. Afterall, that's why we have the bad blood.

No, there wasn't. Vince said "no" to Jakks on Savage every time, the only guy he said that to. He just wouldn't say no to Mattel because they're more valuable and it's an important relationship.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

WeaselWeaz posted:

No, there wasn't. Vince said "no" to Jakks on Savage every time, the only guy he said that to. He just wouldn't say no to Mattel because they're more valuable and it's an important relationship.

So if Macho ends up going into the HOF next year, your response is...

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lone Rogue posted:

Your mustache is crooked!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
If he is invited I hope his speech is just an attack on Hogan and then he sings a song from his album.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Shitty_Wok posted:

It's ironic that Akeem's finisher was the 747 and his tag team was the Twin Towers. Surprised that didn't get retroactively censored.

The planes that hit the World Trade Center were Boeing 767s.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Lone Rogue posted:

That you make poo poo up and you're too lazy to read things written on this page.

WeaselWeaz posted:

Emphasis added. The rumors are that Vince is softening his stance on Savage because he's one of the last main events for the Hall of Fame they can get. Thus the Savage DVD set and part of the reason for not protesting the figure. That doesn't mean they're actually at the point where WWE and Savage are actually talking and there's been no news of that. However, the figure is a contract with Mattel and WWE was not involved. Jakks did the same thing with Bruno Sammartino and Honkytonk Man, both of whom didn't want to sign Legends deals.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
Why was Tony Schiavone on commentary for Summerslam '89 rather than Gorilla Monsoon?

BubbaGrace
Jul 14, 2006

Shitty_Wok posted:

Why was Tony Schiavone on commentary for Summerslam '89 rather than Gorilla Monsoon?

I'm pretty sure he did Royal Rumble that year as well. Could have been 90 though. Hell I dunno, its been while.

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Shitty_Wok posted:

For a year or so Schiavone worked for WWE. It didn't work out.

Giedroyc
Feb 18, 2001

Can't post for 2,400,000 hours!
He did make the Warrior/Hogan Rumble showdown with his commentary though. Tony/Jesse worked better in WCW.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Would giving a quick one or two line for each summary of the questions and answers in the Dixie youshoot to save everyone the trouble of wasting their money on one of the worst shoots ever be against the rules? Don't know where summarizing a shoot video falls under the rules.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Would giving a quick one or two line for each summary of the questions and answers in the Dixie youshoot to save everyone the trouble of wasting their money on one of the worst shoots ever be against the rules? Don't know where summarizing a shoot video falls under the rules.

Shouldn't be a problem as it's on Youtube. I'd certainly appreciate it.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

If HulkaMatt doesn't see a problem with it I'll gladly type up a summary as I'm taking notes as I watch it.

Don't want folks to make the same mistake in dropping money on it - it's pretty bad.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I don't see a problem with it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CVagts posted:

I'm gonna ask this: does anyone else think that Bryan Danielson's continual references to ties and whatnot in his indy bookings might hurt his chances to get back into WWE? Like if someone tells Vince about it, Vince might see it as Danielson mocking what he got fired for, and that would essentially kill his chances to come back.

I'm sure the people who actually gave a poo poo about the incident don't even watch WWE often, let alone whatever tiny indy orgs, and given such, I'm sure it's a non-issue.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

HulkaMatt posted:

I don't see a problem with it.

Alright great - working on it now. Where would be the best place to post it once it's finished? The youtube thread?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Alright great - working on it now. Where would be the best place to post it once it's finished? The youtube thread?

TNA.

HulkaMatt fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Aug 10, 2010

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Why not make a new thread for it?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Yea make another thread.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Great - I'll post it when I'm finished shortly.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Quick one: what's the story behind Christian's rear end cream? I've seen the picture of him holding the tub and that's it.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

BizarroAzrael posted:

Quick one: what's the story behind Christian's rear end cream? I've seen the picture of him holding the tub and that's it.

He has a problem.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

BizarroAzrael posted:

I think the Dudleyz were doing one of those "haha let's open these guys bags" things and they found it. Christian and Jericho were both trying to claim it was the others.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

HulkaMatt posted:

I think the Dudleyz were doing one of those "haha let's open these guys bags" things and they found it. Christian and Jericho were both trying to claim it was the others.

Then Goldust did a skit calling back to the rear end cream. "With 35% more rear end!"

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Then Goldust did a skit calling back to the rear end cream. "With 35% more rear end!"

Goldust was a former Intercontinental champion. The same title that Steamboat, Savage, Michaels, Hart, and Mr. Perfect held. He was a pretty strong heel star at one point. I feel I need to say this so people remember.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Not to mention the fact that the dude is aging backwards and is in better ring shape now than he's ever been in his life. Probably doesn't fit into the conversation about rear end cream, but it's impressive nonetheless.

bartok
May 10, 2006

What was Bubba Ray's short singles run on Raw like ?
I didn't have cable at the time and would see weird highlights on Smackdown of Bubba Ray fighting in main events and what appeared to be getting quite a huge fan reaction. It seemed weird and unsettling since it was out of context and I was never a Dudley Boyz fan.

Graic
Feb 2, 2008

Fella Man

Chunky Delight posted:

What was Bubba Ray's short singles run on Raw like ?
I didn't have cable at the time and would see weird highlights on Smackdown of Bubba Ray fighting in main events and what appeared to be getting quite a huge fan reaction. It seemed weird and unsettling since it was out of context and I was never a Dudley Boyz fan.

From what I remember, there wasn't a whole lot to it. He carried the Hardcore title for a little while, teamed with Spike for a little while, and had a mini-feud with Lesnar. In fact, I seem to recall the night Austin walked out when he was supposed to face Lesnar in the first round of the King of the Ring tournament, they replaced him with Bubba and blew off their feud as a way to try and make up for Austin. Seems like I also read the finals were supposed to be Lesnar vs Bubba, but don't quote me on that.

I do know for sure though, he was supposed to face Triple H at No Mercy for the World title, but botched something the week before his push was supposed to begin and almost injured Triple H, so they killed his push pretty quickly, and gave us Kane vs Triple H with Katie Vick instead. That worked out well. It wasn't long after that, they moved D-Von back to Raw and that was that.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Bubba was essentially trying to re-create Mick Foley's feud with Triple H from a few years before, but without the storied fifteen year run building up to their match. I think HHH beat Bubba in a table match on Raw and then they reformed the Dudleys not that long after.

I seriously can't believe they considered loving Bubba Ray Dudley as a main eventer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LightsGameraAction
Sep 4, 2006

TL posted:

Bubba was essentially trying to re-create Mick Foley's feud with Triple H from a few years before, but without the storied fifteen year run building up to their match. I think HHH beat Bubba in a table match on Raw and then they reformed the Dudleys not that long after.

I seriously can't believe they considered loving Bubba Ray Dudley as a main eventer.

Was this by any chance around the same time they pushed JBL as a main eventer? Because if so I can believe they considered it.