Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Tindjin posted:

Very nice. I had a 1994 Eddie Bauer edition with the 5.7 for a few years. Engine and body were fantastic but I got a poo poo E4OD tranny that was rebuilt and then replaced. The replaced one was fine. I don't think it helped that I had a super charger on it. :black101: Oh and watch out for the solenoid/motor on the transfer case that changes the gears, it's a known weak part of that series of transfercases.

You mean the 5.8 (351)? I don't think Ford made a 5.7. I'll keep the transfer case solenoid in the back of my head. For now, I think I need to get a new rear window motor, but at least the window is stuck up and not down. I hooked up a 12V source to the motor plug, but it only does about half a turn in either direction - enough to get the window down about 1/4 inch. I hear the tailgate window motor is the same as one of the door window motors. Confirm/deny?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

I don't see too many of these around. I have (for sale in Ontario) an 01 Mazda Millenia S, only car ever with the Miller cycle engine. Also the only car I've ever owned that didn't give me constant problems.

Click here for the full 800x531 image.

edit: the poor For Sale sign melted in the heat, also I got a ticket because apparently you can't park a car in the street with a for sale sign in the window.
eh, here's a shot under the hood.

Trap Star fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Aug 7, 2010

TurboLuvah
Jul 24, 2004

Scientifically proven to be more fuel efficient than hybrids!
I don't know why, but I have always thought they were very smooth looking cars with the perfect design for the kind of car it was. I can't explain it, but I've always love they way they looked (the Millenia S, the base model looks much more bland).

DropShadow
Apr 15, 2003

TurboLuvah posted:

I don't know why, but I have always thought they were very smooth looking cars with the perfect design for the kind of car it was. I can't explain it, but I've always love they way they looked (the Millenia S, the base model looks much more bland).

Totally agree. The Millenia was supposed to be the first car in Mazda's "premium" brand (a la Lexus, Acura & Infiniti) but when they scrapped that plan it became a Mazda. The one Bruce Willis drives in "The Whole Nine Yards" is my favorite.

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

haha, thanks for the Millenia love. For anyone interested:

wikipedia posted:

The Mazda Millenia was a car manufactured by Mazda, originally planned as the second of three luxury cars for the luxury brand Amati.

and it seems Mazda is again using a Miller Cycle in the Mazda2, so it's no longer the only production car ever. I'm still not sure what to ask for it, sad to see it go but I don't have the storage for it. I'm not sure if it's against forum rules to ask for appraisal advice so I'll err on the safe side.

TheJeffers
Jan 31, 2007

I too have always loved the look of the Millenia S.

Not Clutch
Oct 21, 2008

by Ozma

meatpimp posted:

Post your own ride challenge! It's been almost a month and we've seen no pictures of your XFR.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

When the car is off the shifter sinks flush when you turn it on it pops up.

Lets just say it puts more hair on the balls than the corvette we had, Ill get better and more pictures up later

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Not Clutch posted:

I saw a Jag with that sort of shifter in a mall a few days ago; how the hell does it work? Do you just spin the wheel when it pops out? Does it have stops for each setting, or is it just a smooth wheel?

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
My first fun car, after driving a 93 Grand Am, a 98 Dakota, and an 04 Civic. I think I deserve this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

Not Clutch posted:

Neat car and neat feature, but what the hell is the point of a shifter that sinks flush? Sometimes I think manufacturers build things simply because they can, not because it actually serves any purpose. Actually I know they do that, I guess I'm just saying I'm not a fan of the practice.

ssh
Dec 9, 2001

by elpintogrande

trouser chili posted:

Actually I know they do that, I guess I'm just saying I'm not a fan of the practice.

Now imagine trying to dig the fucker out with two electrical-tape wrapped screwdrivers while cursi...ahaha who am I kidding people who own jags don't own screwdrivers; their manservant or gardner might.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

trouser chili posted:

Neat car and neat feature, but what the hell is the point of a shifter that sinks flush? Sometimes I think manufacturers build things simply because they can, not because it actually serves any purpose. Actually I know they do that, I guess I'm just saying I'm not a fan of the practice.

Remember that bit in Star Trek 9 where Riker turned on the ship's manual control?

I bet the designer was a huge fan of that movie.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

ssh posted:

Now imagine trying to dig the fucker out with two electrical-tape wrapped screwdrivers while cursi...ahaha who am I kidding people who own jags don't own screwdrivers; their manservant or gardner might.

Where do you live that a new Jaguar is an ultra high end rich man's car?

Grashnak
Apr 30, 2006

Oven Wrangler

Das Volk posted:

Living in Australia I've always considered them to be up in that sort of range.
I just checked it out and MSRP on a Jaguar XFR is $205,000 AUD (~$189,000 USD) compared to the US MSRP of $80,000 USD. High end cars are way more expensive over here.

I'm now expecting a European to post about how they are 3 times that in Denmark or one of those other countries with ridiculous taxes.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

Grashnak posted:

Living in Australia I've always considered them to be up in that sort of range.
I just checked it out and MSRP on a Jaguar XFR is $205,000 AUD (~$189,000 USD) compared to the US MSRP of $80,000 USD. High end cars are way more expensive over here.

I'm now expecting a European to post about how they are 3 times that in Denmark or one of those other countries with ridiculous taxes.

Yeah if I see anything above an SS commodore I crane my neck to look. I saw a GT-R once!

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Grashnak posted:

We don't even need to do that. Every other country in the world is laughing at us. :cry:

ssh
Dec 9, 2001

by elpintogrande

Das Volk posted:

It's all regional, as mentioned above. I still consider them 'rich people' cars if for no other reasons than the movie 'Crazy People'. I never got a handjob in a SAAB from a beautiful woman I hardly know. :(

Terminally Pretty
Nov 8, 2008

I'm not like my other girlfriends. I don't drive daddy's caddy or use my bf's G37.

I run germannnnsss.

2005 645ci / Sapphire Black / Black Novillo / Brushed Aluminum / HUD / Loaded

2011 M3 / Jet Black / Black / Carbon Fiber / DCT / ZDT / Loaded

the old black bird in his nest

lil' magpie first day home - I recently tinted him 20% all over like the 6, really suites him! next mod; VOLK rimmmmsss!

And yes that is my purse - I'ms a ladys. :dealwithit:

this filthy attraction started with my first BMW.. a 2004 325ci Space Grey coupe - he was awesome. I miss now I barely had to clean him and still he looked suave, this new jet black is terrible.. but personally this is the best colour on the E92 - the sapphire black is easy to deal with but if I had to repurchase I would of LOVED to have a Interlagos Blue or a Atlantis Blue on the M3 and Alpine White on the 6 ;-*

Terminally Pretty fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Aug 9, 2010

titler
Feb 18, 2005

Terminally Pretty posted:

If you don't mind my asking, what do you do?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

titler posted:

Oh sweet christ.

Terminally Pretty
Nov 8, 2008

titler posted:

I am a dermatologist / æsthetician and my weekend job is a cosmetologist

busy busy busy all the time, I hate work but I love the results.

edit

omgitstheinternet posted:

favorite seats ever

ooo those look comffyyyy!

I bet you smell like plush soft leather and brake dust, I want your life :)

Terminally Pretty fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Aug 9, 2010

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

ssh posted:

How to tow a Jaguar equipped with an electronic shift lever.

Looks like a goddamned ordeal.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Trap Star posted:

I don't see too many of these around. I have (for sale in Ontario) an 01 Mazda Millenia S, only car ever with the Miller cycle engine. Also the only car I've ever owned that didn't give me constant problems.

edit: the poor For Sale sign melted in the heat, also I got a ticket because apparently you can't park a car in the street with a for sale sign in the window.
eh, here's a shot under the hood.

You live in Cornwall...
You also have a massively dickish for sale ad. From it I gathered the car may or may not be running. But it does from the ad need to be towed out of your driveway, which is more then likely the reason no one can test drive it.

If these facts are true, then the 3500 your asking for is too much.

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

sbaldrick posted:

You live in Cornwall...
You also have a massively dickish for sale ad. From it I gathered the car may or may not be running. But it does from the ad need to be towed out of your driveway, which is more then likely the reason no one can test drive it.

If these facts are true, then the 3500 your asking for is too much.

You know, I kind of got that feeling from it as well. I wrote it kind of hastily. I didn't intend to sound so :smug:, maybe i'll edit it (if that's possible). It was running fine last I drove it but it's been sitting for a month and already had a weak battery so I doubt it'll start, that's really all I meant. I'd prefer no test driving because the car isn't insured and that would also require charging up or replacing the battery, etc. I think the price is pretty fair, and it's also negotiable. Interested? :smug:

I've never sold a car online :smith:

edit: basically any advice/comments are appreciated, I really do want this thing gone.

Trans Ferdinand
Oct 24, 2005
Take Me Out Of Gear

this filthy attraction started with my first BMW.. a 2004 325ci Space Grey coupe - he was awesome. I miss now I barely had to clean him and still he looked suave, this new jet black is terrible.. but personally this is the best colour on the E92 - the sapphire black is easy to deal with but if I had to repurchase I would of LOVED to have a Interlagos Blue or a Atlantis Blue on the M3 and Alpine White on the 6 ;-*

If you don't mind my asking, are you Russian? I only ask because I know that Russians call their ships "he", so maybe it's the same for cars :)

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

Trap Star posted:

You know, I kind of got that feeling from it as well. I wrote it kind of hastily. I didn't intend to sound so :smug:, maybe i'll edit it (if that's possible). It was running fine last I drove it but it's been sitting for a month and already had a weak battery so I doubt it'll start, that's really all I meant. I'd prefer no test driving because the car isn't insured and that would also require charging up or replacing the battery, etc. I think the price is pretty fair, and it's also negotiable. Interested? :smug:

I've never sold a car online :smith:

edit: basically any advice/comments are appreciated, I really do want this thing gone.

I would really say edit, say in the ad it needs a replacement battery. I personally wouldn't buy a car if I couldn't at least start and possibly drive it a bit. You live on a pretty self-contained street, driving it around the block isn't that bad.

Without the information about the battery, the price would be iffy to me. I'm looking for Saabs, so not really interested.

Trap Star
Jul 21, 2010

sbaldrick posted:

I would really say edit, say in the ad it needs a replacement battery. I personally wouldn't buy a car if I couldn't at least start and possibly drive it a bit. You live on a pretty self-contained street, driving it around the block isn't that bad.

Without the information about the battery, the price would be iffy to me. I'm looking for Saabs, so not really interested.

Thanks for the comments. I don't actually live on that street, that's just my friend's place where I'm temporarily allowed to store it. You are correct that it is a pretty small subdivision, what I'm concerned about is advertising that the car is uninsured, and I'm not clear on the legality of test driving an uninsured vehicle, aside from the battery issue. I'm making an edit right now, not sure why kijiji doesn't seem to allow paragraph spacing. I'd appreciate any further input, and if you know anybody interested we could work out a goon price/finder's fee.

edit: edited my ad. thanks again for your suggestions.

Trap Star fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Aug 9, 2010

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001

Nice cars, but why two coupes? I can't think of any situation (except maybe a really, really long road trip) in which I'd want to drive the 6 over the 3. Especially since they're both automatic.

drgitlin
Jul 25, 2003
luv 2 get custom titles from a forum that goes into revolt when its told to stop using a bad word.

Not Clutch posted:

Lets just say it puts more hair on the balls than the corvette we had, Ill get better and more pictures up later

Nice car.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

I'm not like my other girlfriends. I don't drive daddy's caddy or use my bf's G37.

I run germannnnsss.

the old black bird in his nest

lil' magpie first day home - I recently tinted him 20% all over like the 6, really suites him! next mod; VOLK rimmmmsss!

And yes that is my purse - I'ms a ladys. :dealwithit:

poo poo if you're gonna ditch those awesome Comp Pack wheels drop me a PM, I'll take em.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Dracon Wolf posted:

Like mentioned above, I also recently got a Mazda 6i. It isn't fast but man is it fun. Plus it's nice getting near 30mpg for the first time in my life.

(Sorry angryhampster, this angle is awesome though)

:dance:

Nice lookin ride! I like the double-black models. What are your impressions after owning it for a week? I still really like mine, but it's taken some getting used to driving it. I've never had a car lacking in low-end power, and it's taken me a while to get used to all the extra shifting.

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Das Volk posted:

poo poo if you're gonna ditch those awesome Comp Pack wheels drop me a PM, I'll take em.

I keep staring at those wheels and wondering wtf.

Terminally Pretty
Nov 8, 2008

Trans Ferdinand posted:

If you don't mind my asking, are you Russian? I only ask because I know that Russians call their ships "he", so maybe it's the same for cars :)

that's a quite nice small fact there Trans, thank you for sharing with me... now I must go forth and learn more about my Russian heritage -

and to answer your question;

I'm 25% Russian and the rest is Italian - my mother's side is half Russian she has always mentioned any motive of transportation as "HE" unless it looks like a "she" - she even names them.. I think that's just her being my lovable mom..

Das Volk posted:

:p I like the ZDP package, but some Volk wheels for playtime wouldn't hurt me, those Time Attack rims are nice but I don't have time to fuss with spacers and all that nonsense..

Nait Sirhc posted:

Nice cars, but why two coupes? I can't think of any situation (except maybe a really, really long road trip) in which I'd want to drive the 6 over the 3. Especially since they're both automatic.

The coupe thing; I'm a itty gal at 5'1 and sedans figuratively engulf me! I also DO take alot of long road trips, since my work depends on me to go to Bethesda and Hopkins alot (I reside in southwest PA)

I did test drive a 335xi Sedan and even tho the coupe vs. sedan length is minor mentally I couldn't fathom why my pea-brain couldn't get over that there were two extra doors.. and it just felt bigger. My mother has the sedan and I still feel weird driving it!

Basically the 645 is the haul driver - wintertime blizzaks get fitted and it drives really great! (the new 6 coming in 2012/3 will actually be X intelligent drive - that new Hoodyonk guy is serious business LOL) - that car is AWESOME on road trips! The longest trip I took with that car was from NY to SC - it sure was a BLASTTT!

the M is for summer/spring whenever it's not lovely outside, whathaveyou lol. I've been driving it like crazy so far - got him June 3rd and so far I racked up 2,200 miles!

this friday I have to go to a conference and I'm gonna love driving on 70, 68, 97, 95 and 895 with the M3! Our first road trip together!

I'd love to put a angel eye kit on the E92, i fitted one on the 6, but I can't find one that is compatible with the new '11 eyes. I'm sad :( Halogen corona rings are just ugly! And those amber reflectors have to go - they too are eyesores.

Sockington posted:

I keep staring at those wheels and wondering wtf.

heehee. I know those rims are kooky. they're a true bitch to clean tho!

But after the grueling sessions to get that fucker clean im all like :j:

bonus; nemacolin woodlands visit - I fed swannnsss.

Terminally Pretty fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Aug 10, 2010

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

titler posted:

Shut the gently caress up

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

Trans Ferdinand posted:

Hey are you japanese because you looked at the DDR game and you sound like you like pocky ^__^ my name is jacob and I have many animes, please give sex to me ^__^

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST

Not Clutch posted:

So "post your own ride" now means "post your dad's ride for which you cosigned"

Nait Sirhc
Sep 11, 2001

sigtrap posted:

Wasn't there a guy in this thread that posted ~6 of his dad's vintage cars?

I dunno, I enjoyed looking at it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

sigtrap posted:

I love you sigtrap. Will you make babies with me?

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009
Whoops.

Not A Bear fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Oct 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Nait Sirhc posted:

Wasn't there a guy in this thread that posted ~6 of his dad's vintage cars?

Yeah, but there's a big difference between "MY car" and "MY DAD'S car."

Edit: Since we're talking about M3 wheels and MY DAD'S car, here's my suggestion for wheels. He had the stock multi-split-spoke 19" stock wheels and they were utterly abhorrent to clean. It honestly would have been easier to jack up the car, remove a wheel, clean it, then put it back on than cleaning the wheels on the car. He got these BBS GT-RS and I think they transformed the car.

Note MY DAD took the pictures and I haven't talked him into getting full cars into frame yet.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Aug 10, 2010