Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Terminally Pretty
Nov 8, 2008

meatpimp posted:

MY DAD'S car

tell your old man to look at these rims. I think these BBS are a good suit.

or offer him to gander at HRE Monoblock Series P40 - they are sick sick sick.

and Not A Bear, your wheels look absolutely solid. Love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009
Cheers, yeah they're not bad for cheapies, bit weighty though! I really like matte or solid coloured wheels, as much as I've been tempted by meshies, understated is prefrable :)

love the beemers, incredibly classy!

Terminally Pretty
Nov 8, 2008

Not A Bear posted:

Cheers, yeah they're not bad for cheapies, bit weighty though! I really like matte or solid coloured wheels, as much as I've been tempted by meshies, understated is prefrable :)

love the beemers, incredibly classy!

Thanks! Your rims are nice, indeed. never go wrong with star spoke - easy as poo poo to clean. Goddamn suave, sir, suave!

Meshies are nice when properly fitted.. BBS makes meshies I think they are named mahals? my good buddy has a '88 325i and he threw some on and boy, looked so much better than the originals!

Not A Bear
Nov 4, 2009
Aw thanks! That was pretty much the intention, I guess, she did have a set of avs wheels at one point, but I think I out grew that phase pretty quick! Where I am we also have a lot of problems with the police cracking down on modified cars, so yeah, not rolling on bling definately helps stay below the radar :)

Yeah there's definately something right about a nice set of meshies, especially on European cars, an yeah bbs especially makes some good uns! Pity that they tend to be a bit pricey though. I have the problem really that there's not many good width and offsett wheels for 4 stud...really should go the upgrade sometime!

Not A Bear fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Aug 10, 2010

solarbeam
Nov 29, 2005
Sup guys :) I think I posted it in this thread before but I got new wheels and stuff!

this is my clownshoe sandal:

wigbot v2.0
Oct 10, 2008

Hales
stark contrast time;

here's my (old) BMW..

Click here for the full 1200x668 image.

Looks good, huh!

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Bahamutsrage posted:

Sup guys :) I think I posted it in this thread before but I got new wheels and stuff!

this is my clownshoe sandal:

I hate the clownshoe but boy do I love me some clownsandal. :dance:

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

sigtrap posted:

Hey are you japanese because you looked at the DDR game and you sound like you like pocky ^__^ my name is jacob and I have many animes, please give sex to me ^__^

this but ironically

also my car is now hillarious

this thing needs about 2 grands worth of bodywork to make it nice again, only thing is I drive it so much i'd probably stonechip the front again in about a month. you realy cant tell how bad the paint is in places, as my friend drove into the back of it pushing the bootlid back about an inch. got everything nice and straight but its hard finding parts in this colour, so i ended up going for the spoilerless look with a base spec (early eu spec mr2 with 3sfe motor and power NOTHING) bootlid. I did actually manage to come across one in the right colour but I quite liked the shape of the car with out the spoiler so i put the red one back on. :q:

the paint is peeling off on the visable rear quater due to a bad sprayjob from the po. the paint is also coming of the front splitter which I think was also resprayed at some point

i would have gotten shot of this thing if it wasnt so fun to drive, mainly because i've pretty much replaced all the suspension with koni yellows trd springs, arbs, uppermounts and some other trick bits im forgetting. also its got a cracking 3rd gen 3sgte motor.

Sometimes i think of getting something newer, but then this thing always manages to make me grin at least once every journey. also the way it is i'm not worried if someone dings it or if I have an off on a trackday, which I would if I had an immaculate paintjob.

I mean I keep looking at s2000s or an elise but with the s2000 i'd miss the extra grunt and I dont think I could do the miles I currently drive in an elise.

sacre
Jan 26, 2007
I understand completely. I've been looking at other cars since I sold my MR2, but nothing seems to come close at that price.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

sacre posted:

I understand completely. I've been looking at other cars since I sold my MR2, but nothing seems to come close at that price.

these things arent worth crap here anymore though, I can pick up another 1994/5/6 turbo in nice condition for about £3000. Its just the 97/98/99 years that are stupid expensive.

I was thinking of getting a mint AE86 from ireland or just the most standard R32 GT-R possible but then i'd feel bad about putting lots of mileage on either of those. I realy need to get another job where I can just catch the train to work or something. :sigh:

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747
meatpimp: has your dad been to the 'ring?

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Das Volk posted:

meatpimp: has your dad been to the 'ring?

He's got an /////////MMMMMMM ring sticker on the car... of course he hasn't. I've tried my best to get him to remove it, but... :(

Edit: I knew someone was going to point that out, and I thought about a quick blur, but gently caress it, it's not MY car.

meatpimp fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Aug 10, 2010

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

wigbot v2.0 posted:

stark contrast time;

here's my (old) BMW..

Click here for the full 1200x668 image.

Looks good, huh!

I would sell my 328is in a loving split second if I could get an e36 touring in canada, so sweet looking.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

meatpimp posted:

He's got an /////////MMMMMMM ring sticker on the car... of course he hasn't. I've tried my best to get him to remove it, but... :(

Edit: I knew someone was going to point that out, and I thought about a quick blur, but gently caress it, it's not MY car.

Not trying to hate on him or anything, I had one for a while then realized most people would assume I was a poseur even though I'd been and the sticker was bought there :smith:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

meatpimp posted:

Yeah, but there's a big difference between "MY car" and "MY DAD'S car."

Edit: Since we're talking about M3 wheels and MY DAD'S car, here's my suggestion for wheels. He had the stock multi-split-spoke 19" stock wheels and they were utterly abhorrent to clean. It honestly would have been easier to jack up the car, remove a wheel, clean it, then put it back on than cleaning the wheels on the car. He got these BBS GT-RS and I think they transformed the car.

Note MY DAD took the pictures and I haven't talked him into getting full cars into frame yet.

Awesome.
My Dad just bought a E92 and wants to change the rims but BBS' in 19" all seem to be going for about 2K and he wants to spend 1.
I was looking at the CSL reps from alufelgen in matte black, but getting them to the UK is too expensive :(

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Terminally Pretty posted:

heehee. I know those rims are kooky. they're a true bitch to clean tho!

I meant that one your pics had your rims looking a little square around the edges.

Terminally Pretty
Nov 8, 2008

Sockington posted:

I meant that one your pics had your rims looking a little square around the edges.

oh! probably the compression of the photo? or bmw is retarded? :iiam:

Bahamutsrage hello jet black buddy! and ps - the Z3 was the shoe - and the new z4 looks like a woman's pleasure toy - since it WAS designed by a womerns!!

Terminally Pretty fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Aug 11, 2010

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

and ps - the Z3 was the shoe - and the new z4 looks like a woman's pleasure toy - since it WAS designed by a womerns!!

Women want fish for toys? I'll have to talk with mrs. Crowley about that.

You're right, though. The Z3 was stunning with the top down, and comically ugly otherwise.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

sigtrap posted:

So "post your own ride" now means "post your dad's ride for which you cosigned"

I guess this is my dad's ride. I didn't have credit enough to finance it, so he signed with me.

However, every last dollar it cost came from me. His name is still on the title today, which was kinda scary for a bit because he was skirting bankruptcy for a while there.

trouser chili fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Aug 11, 2010

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

trouser chili posted:

I guess this is my dad's ride. I didn't have credit enough to finance it, so he signed with me.

However, every last dollar it cost came from me. His name is still on the title today, which was kinda scary for a bit because he was skirting bankruptcy for a while there.

Change the title over? Have him gift it or something.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

trouser chili posted:

This is the same as Not Clutch, except in reverse.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh

c355n4 posted:

Change the title over? Have him gift it or something.

No need to anymore. His finances are now secure and my name is on the title. We own it in joint. Someday I'll have him sign it so his side is open.

ttysco
May 5, 2009
08 gli

sacre
Jan 26, 2007
sick headlight bro

c355n4
Jan 3, 2007

ttysco posted:

08 gli

You should repave your driveway.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

ttysco posted:

08 gli

loving Dubbers

EL Bombastico
Oct 13, 2004

* power up

redscare posted:

loving Dubbers

hellaflush bro

MrSaturn
Sep 8, 2004

Go ahead, laugh. They all laugh at first...

EL Bombastico posted:

hellaflush bro

Well his dad financed most of the car so he posted the portion of it that was his you see,

Hatebreed
Aug 31, 2006

by angerbot

MrSaturn posted:

Well his dad financed most of the car so he posted the portion of it that was his you see,

:goonsay:

Terminally Pretty
Nov 8, 2008

Crowley posted:

Women want fish for toys? I'll have to talk with mrs. Crowley about that.

You're right, though. The Z3 was stunning with the top down, and comically ugly otherwise.

if she was a Led Zep groupie then I guess she might be a fish fetish haha -

i wonder what they saw in that Z3, and that was the same time they pulled the gorgeous Z8 out their bums.. I wonder what went wrong?? I blame too many vienna sausages.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

i wonder what they saw in that Z3, and that was the same time they pulled the gorgeous Z8 out their bums.. I wonder what went wrong?? I blame too many vienna sausages.

The answer is, of course, Henrik Fisker who's a Dane and who's last name entertainingly enough means.. fisherman.

Fisker also designed the Aston Martin DB9 and the Aston Martin Vantage, not to mention the Fisker Karma.

sadnessboner
Feb 20, 2006
Expanded the fleet in the last few weeks

1984 Statesman Caprice

1996 Cherokee Limited

Starting to understand how Darryl Kerrigan felt

Terminally Pretty
Nov 8, 2008

Crowley posted:

The answer is, of course, Henrik Fisker who's a Dane and who's last name entertainingly enough means.. fisherman.

Fisker also designed the Aston Martin DB9 and the Aston Martin Vantage, not to mention the Fisker Karma.

thank you for sharing that tid bit of awesome info! Is that Fisker guy the same one who took the E63 and totally remodeled it and rebadged it with his own company? I remember seeing it and it looked HOOOOTTT.

rainwulf
Jan 22, 2004
I must post less.

2009 GK Tiburon.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006

ooo those look comffyyyy!

They are :D I bought it off him last month and I'm nothing but pleased with it

ttysco
May 5, 2009

c355n4 posted:

You should repave your driveway.

That picture is about 2 months old. I did have the driveway paved since then this summer. That old driveway was 20+ years old and was falling apart.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

thank you for sharing that tid bit of awesome info! Is that Fisker guy the same one who took the E63 and totally remodeled it and rebadged it with his own company? I remember seeing it and it looked HOOOOTTT.

Why yes it does.

Fisker Latigo CS

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Crowley posted:

Why yes it does.

Fisker Latigo CS

:gonk: the Hofmeister is the only thing that survived! It looks like a fish. A very sad, retarded looking fish with some Aston lines sort of thrown in.

ttysco
May 5, 2009

Crowley posted:

Why yes it does.

Fisker Latigo CS

That's a slick looking car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate
And now for something different.

I stare at this every day. It has a green light. It rules.

It's attached to the steering column of this:

Which has this stupid-looking rear end.

RenaultSport Twingo 133. Same car Clarkson drove into the Irish sea. Well, not this one.