Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chizad
Jul 9, 2001

'Cus we find ourselves in the same old mess
Singin' drunken lullabies

Ferg posted:

- Initial work on allowing certain bookmarks to be ignored by "Open all unread messages"

YES! I had completely forgotten that I made this request. Based on a couple quick tests it seems to be doing exactly what I was looking for. You (or whoever contributed this) loving rock!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vyse posted:

I'm giving Chrome a try, but I can't seem to get this working properly at all, none of the highlighting is working, the SALR style buttons are missing from the thread lists, image resizing isn't working at all, but the mouse gestures work without a hitch. This is on Chrome 5.0.375.125 and the newest version of SALR from the download link in the OP.

Could you open up the debug console and see if there's any errors? Ctrl-Shift-J on Windows/Linux, Cmd+Option+J on Mac. Check the Console tab. Snap a screenshot if you're unsure what you're seeing, the site itself has weird errors that crop up, unrelated to SALR.

chizad posted:

YES! I had completely forgotten that I made this request. Based on a couple quick tests it seems to be doing exactly what I was looking for. You (or whoever contributed this) loving rock!

SneakingMission did that one.

Vyse
Jan 27, 2005

Ferg posted:

Could you open up the debug console and see if there's any errors? Ctrl-Shift-J on Windows/Linux, Cmd+Option+J on Mac. Check the Console tab. Snap a screenshot if you're unsure what you're seeing, the site itself has weird errors that crop up, unrelated to SALR.

When viewing the thread list in any forum, "Unmatched </a> encountered. Ignoring tag." pops up under the Console tab, in threads it stays blank.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vyse posted:

When viewing the thread list in any forum, "Unmatched </a> encountered. Ignoring tag." pops up under the Console tab, in threads it stays blank.

Do you have thread highlighting turned on in your forums prefs?

Vyse
Jan 27, 2005

Ferg posted:

Do you have thread highlighting turned on in your forums prefs?

Well, learn something new every day, I always figured that was under complete control of the extension. Everything seems to be working now, that error is still showing up on the console tab, but I guess it's the forums themselves. Thanks.

chizad
Jul 9, 2001

'Cus we find ourselves in the same old mess
Singin' drunken lullabies

Ferg posted:

SneakingMission did that one.

Okay, both of you guys loving rock then.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

The last release also got a single post view link. People are still voting for it on uservoice so I guess that means they really like it.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sneaking Mission posted:

The last release also got a single post view link. People are still voting for it on uservoice so I guess that means they really like it.

Whoops, missed that one when I did the cleanup after 0.9. Marked it completed on Uservoice now.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Am I the only one having issues with the jump to last unread post button on the navigator? It just does nothing when I click it. Well, it reloads the page when I'm on a thread's last page, but on any other page, it does nothing.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the new updated features, Ferg. Being able to middle-click the page navigator buttons is super useful.

Constellation I fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Aug 8, 2010

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Constellation I posted:

Am I the only one having issues with the jump to last unread post button on the navigator? It just does nothing when I click it. Well, it reloads the page when I'm on a thread's last page, but on any other page, it does nothing.

EDIT: Also, thanks for the new updated features, Ferg. Being able to middle-click the page navigator buttons is super useful.

It was probably a regression when I pulled together all the changes for v0.9. I see the issue to though. I'll try and get a fix out.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

They keyboard navigator seems to be trying to work when I'm trying to type a reply to a post which is really getting annoying as it constantly tries to scroll the page

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

JingleBells posted:

They keyboard navigator seems to be trying to work when I'm trying to type a reply to a post which is really getting annoying as it constantly tries to scroll the page

Are you using quick reply? I'm going to assume not, because I definitely fixed that for quick reply and forgot to check the normal post method.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Ferg posted:

Are you using quick reply? I'm going to assume not, because I definitely fixed that for quick reply and forgot to check the normal post method.

Ah, yup I'm not using quick reply although I probably should

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Just installed SALR fresh after chrome ate my profile, and quote highlighting isn't working. It's enabled, and everything else is working including Username-in-post highlighting (so it knows my username fine) but it's not doing quotes.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Casao posted:

Just installed SALR fresh after chrome ate my profile, and quote highlighting isn't working. It's enabled, and everything else is working including Username-in-post highlighting (so it knows my username fine) but it's not doing quotes.

Snap a screenshot of your settings page. Probably a weird regression that cropped up recently.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Ferg posted:

Snap a screenshot of your settings page. Probably a weird regression that cropped up recently.

Click here for the full 1680x965 image.

Click here for the full 1680x965 image.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Can't duplicate it on my end. Are there any errors in the javascript for the page where you're quoted? Also, try fiddling with checking off the box in the settings page. I noticed a little weirdness in getting certain settings to "stick".

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I can't seem to click on the "Mark" button anymore in threads in order to bookmark them. Anyone else having this issue?

The Reply button at the top of pages doesn't seem to work anymore as well.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Those are my fault. I sent Ferg an update where I play a bit nicer with the threadbar.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sneaking Mission posted:

Those are my fault. I sent Ferg an update where I play a bit nicer with the threadbar.

I think these are merged already. Might get it rolled out with an update today.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just pushed out v0.9.1. Lots of fixes all thanks to Sneaking Mission and wmbest2. I didn't do any work except pull everything together :downs:

Changes are:
- Clicking the SALR logo in the config dumps your config in a new window, for debug purposes
- Fixed the bug where the post screen still tried to use hotkeys if you weren't using quick reply
- Add thread search bar to threads
- Fixed jump to first unread post on page navigator
- Fixed a case where friend posts highlighting may highlight the wrong posts
- Fixed bug when quick quoting same post after dismissing the window
- Image fixes
- Update styling should now work with forums coloring disabled
- Styling tweaks on quick reply
- And a few other minor tweaks

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Ferg posted:

Just pushed out v0.9.1. Lots of fixes all thanks to Sneaking Mission and wmbest2. I didn't do any work except pull everything together :downs:

Changes are:
- Clicking the SALR logo in the config dumps your config in a new window, for debug purposes
- Fixed the bug where the post screen still tried to use hotkeys if you weren't using quick reply
- Add thread search bar to threads
- Fixed jump to first unread post on page navigator
- Fixed a case where friend posts highlighting may highlight the wrong posts
- Fixed bug when quick quoting same post after dismissing the window
- Image fixes
- Update styling should now work with forums coloring disabled
- Styling tweaks on quick reply
- And a few other minor tweaks

For those interested Sneaking Mission deserves 300 times any credit I receive. He kicked rear end on changes. Well done Sneaking Mission

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

Just thought of this, is it possible to make the quick reply text box take focus when the box is up?

Zorkon
Nov 21, 2008

WE CARE A LOT

Ferg posted:

Changes are:
- Updated bookmarks page to show threads with updated posts first

:swoon: Thanks!

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Yakattak posted:

Just thought of this, is it possible to make the quick reply text box take focus when the box is up?

That's been annoying the hell out of me as well. I'll get it in.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Yakattak posted:

I just shot Ferg a patch for this issue. It should handle opening and closing as well as minimizing and restoring the Quick Reply window.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Apparently I don't need to do anymore development :downs:

And for a bonus, posting this from the Safari 5 port. I have no intention of switching to this abortion of a browser but it's a pet project that I plan on handing over to some other willing party once both this and the Chrome version reach 1.0 (aka very soon).

Edit: Safari 5 port with working quick reply, mouse gestures, keyboard nav, etc etc. Pretty much the works. Will be identical to the Chrome version.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
When I Quick Quote a post with spoiler tags, they tags don't seem to show up within the quote. Is that still a bug?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

qbert posted:

When I Quick Quote a post with spoiler tags, they tags don't seem to show up within the quote. Is that still a bug?

Yup. Need to add that to the parser for quick reply.

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

Ferg posted:

Yup. Need to add that to the parser for quick reply.

Letting the rest of us (read: Sneaking Mission) do all the work and you take all the credit, huh Ferg? :crossarms:

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009
Im sure we'd do it SALR-Chrome style rather than this grease monkey script but does this look useful to people?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=2571027&pagenumber=68#post375488440

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

edit: just noticed a layout bug

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sneaking Mission fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 12, 2010

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sneaking Mission posted:

Served.

I just merged in the heavy refactoring that enables the Safari port to exist. So anybody who's committing, sync up before you shoot anything over to me.

Thinking about releasing 1.0 over the weekend in parallel with the Safari version.

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009
My god im retarded... thanks Sneaking

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

:ohdear:

Quoting mods seems to have bad effects:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=380918463

Also, SALR seems to be raking in signatures into quotes.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Yakattak posted:

:ohdear:

Fixes sent in. :toot:

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss

Sneaking Mission posted:

Fixes sent in. :toot:

:woop:, also for us FYAD/FYAD Lite features can a feature be added to omit [timg] for [img] in FYAD lites?

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Going to play around a bit today and see if I can get image attachments fixed while testing a separate quote parsing idea that Sneaking Mission just sent me.

Edit: Nevermind, the attachment thing is fixed :P

Rolling out v1.0 (mostly fixes from v0.9):
- Overhaul on quote parsing for quick reply (lots of fixes here)
- Fix bug on findFirstUnreadPost
- Settings page enhancements
- other stuff

Most notably this release is in parallel with a Safari port. So if any of you use that abortion of a browser you can use the extension with that as well.

Ferg fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Aug 14, 2010

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
Quick feature request: Can we get an 'Unmark' option on the far left/right of the each row on the usercp.php page? I know there's an 'Edit Bookmarks' link at the top, but sometimes I just want to quickly unbookmark a thread without 'switching modes', or visiting the thread itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rohaq posted:

Quick feature request: Can we get an 'Unmark' option on the far left/right of the each row on the usercp.php page? I know there's an 'Edit Bookmarks' link at the top, but sometimes I just want to quickly unbookmark a thread without 'switching modes', or visiting the thread itself.

An option to reveal that column by default would be definitely doable.

• Locked thread