Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

ipokesnails posted:

The skit after the ending is also about boobs.

lol she's got implant no jutsu.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!
Thank God they released the next Naruto episode. I wasn't as concerned about seeing the next episode as seeing all the One Piece fans to shut up and get this thread back on track.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

ipokesnails posted:

Edit 2:

Sakura knows to focus her healing chakra on the most vital parts of the body first.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Say what you will, but this:

Click here for the full 848x480 image.

...is probably the most well-drawn image of Naruto that has ever been in the show.

Then the animation fell into an ashtray in the second half, but that's expected at this point.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Tonfa posted:

How do you leak an episode :psyduck: I understand scanlations but how does this work

Apparently, TV Tokyo accidentally aired episode 169 a week or so back. It wasn't so much a leak as a complete accidental early airing.

ipokesnails posted:

:ughh:

Don't ever change, Japan.

My Linux Rig fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jul 16, 2010

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
I'm glad the crap animation from 2 weeks ago didn't continue into this one. What a weird rear end week that was.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Anonymous Zebra posted:

I'm glad the crap animation from 2 weeks ago didn't continue into this one. What a weird rear end week that was.

Art :eng101:. The Animation was some of the best you will ever see in a weekly TV show.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Tonfa posted:

Also, 170-171 will apparently be a double episode that is a filler taking place before the timeskip, with the Pain Arc resuming after that week. The title is "Big Adventure! Search for the Fourth Hokage's Legacy". Kinda curious.

Oh, that's just what Naruto needs, more pre-timeskip filler. And here I thought we were done with that three years ago, silly me.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

H.R. Hufflepuff posted:

Oh, that's just what Naruto needs, more pre-timeskip filler. And here I thought we were done with that three years ago, silly me.

Gotta keep the series going for as long as possible! :v:

Though, I agree. This is complete bullshit, and I probably won't even bother to watch those episodes.

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

Why would anyone bitch about back episodes that star Minato?

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

No Alibi. No Justice. No Dream. No Club.

Overture posted:

Why would anyone bitch about back episodes that star Minato?

Exactly. I want to hear someone's reasoning over this.

ipokesnails
May 28, 2007

I don't have a problem with them making episodes about Minato, especially to build hype for the movie at the end of the month.

I do, however, think it's silly to insert them in the middle of Naruto's meeting with Nagato.

ipokesnails fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 17, 2010

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Zexerous posted:

Is it really going to star Minato? From what I've seen of the preview, it's going to star Naruto, Sasuke and whoever as their younger selves.

If it focuses a lot more on Minato than younger Naruto, I'll watch it. But I've had my fill of filler Naruto episodes. Not to mention that at this point, they can't really surprise us too much as far as action goes. We pretty much know what younger Naruto's powers are at this point, not to mention the rest of his team.

Forever Zero
Apr 29, 2007
DUMB AS ROCKS
Ok this is the first time I'm seeing the Anime in a while and I wanted to watch the Pain fight. What the hell happened to the animation team? WTF is this poo poo its like someone made the Pein vs Naruto fight in flash.

Mr. Deathy
Aug 3, 2003

Zexerous posted:

They anime team generally fucks all filler up completely...?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Forever Zero posted:

Ok this is the first time I'm seeing the Anime in a while and I wanted to watch the Pain fight. What the hell happened to the animation team? WTF is this poo poo its like someone made the Pein vs Naruto fight in flash.

Sorry, bitching about the animation was last week, we've moved on to bitching about filler now.

ipokesnails
May 28, 2007

Mr. Deathy posted:

They anime team generally fucks all filler up completely...?

Generally, but not always (5MB gif)

Also,

ipokesnails fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 17, 2010

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

ipokesnails posted:

Generally, but not always (5MB gif)
I wouldn't consider that a good example. The whole blowing-bubbles power was particularly absurd.

Graphics
Jun 9, 2003

I was under the impression there was a big difference between filler and the two back story episodes thing. Didn't they do that for Jiraiya right before Pain took him out? I thought those two back story episodes were awesome, so wouldn't these be equally as awesome?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Hahaha I can't believe they chose right here to insert some filler.

And it does look like filler - nothing in the preview looked like it had anything to do with Nagato's past.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Shrug. It's filler being made to tie into a movie.

Kinda like the Kakashi Gaiden stuff they randomly tossed into the middle of the Sasuke arc last year. Only less Kakashi Gaiden and more Minato related filler which probably isn't going to be as good.

Anonymous Zebra
Oct 21, 2005
Blending in like it ain't no thang
What an odd place to stick it though. This is literally the middle of the plot arch.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Anonymous Zebra posted:

What an odd place to stick it though. This is literally the middle of the plot arch.

Same with Kakashi Gaiden. People just didn't care because well they had been waiting to see it animated for ever.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Having finally seen 169, what was with some of the art? Lee's face looked off-model and sloppy. Not to mention it seems that everyone had amnesia for a brief little bit, as they had to state that Naruto didn't want help twice.

Glitch
May 7, 2002

zip zip zoom
I really like Naruto's demeanor as of late, especially in the past few episodes. I don't know if it was just the anime teams' liberties of filler/padding making him seem thoughtless and moronic or if he's actually matured more since his training with the toads, but he seems much more driven and interesting now.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
Sage Mode made him at least 10 times better in every way compared to when he's not in Sage Mode. Maturity and diminished whining included.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I enjoyed the throwback to the old days in 170-171, music and all.

I had forgotten Naruto Rendan ever existed. Sweet technique.

H.R. Hufflepuff
Aug 5, 2005
The worst of all worlds

Tonfa posted:

I enjoyed the throwback to the old days in 170-171, music and all.

I had forgotten Naruto Rendan ever existed. Sweet technique.

The music was a nice touch but really, this episode had no reason to exist. Not only was it a return to pre-timeskip fillers, but the crux of the story was Naruto overhearing something that Jiraiya clearly didn't say after a faint that clearly didn't happen in the original series. The only way it works is if everyone somehow became incapable of checking Naruto Episode 55.

Also, of course, worthless filler getting in the way of the conclusion of the Pain arc will never be appreciated.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Even still it does feel nice to go back to the old Naruto characters and mannerisms like Sakura's inner voice which seems to have just disappeared post time-skip and Naruto's stupidity comedy.

And I want to agree with the return of the old music that made it more worth the inconvenient placement of the mini-filler.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
Is there any legal reason they couldn't use the old music for Shippuden or was it just a bad creative decision?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I really like these episodes but it's seriously making me miss how good most of the original series is. If they can do light-hearted episodes like this as flashbacks, why can't they do them in the present? They had plenty of time to slip stuff like this inbetween the serious parts. It's been said over and over, but gently caress whoever decided Sasuke and Naruto's weird obsession with him should set the overriding background mood.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

We've had a couple episodes now since the last post, I'm curious as to what people think of the latest stuff. seeing pain's history laid out finally. I personally think the last part of his flashback was animated rather well. You get the same idea in the manga but it's one of those scenes that has to be animated to really do it justice.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
It's a shame really that we never get to see Nagato kill Hanzou. All we were told earlier in the series is that Pain kills him and then wipes out all his family and friends. That's got to be pretty drat epic since Hanzou is quite skilled and ruthless.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Yeah I did feel kind of short changed on that topic. not only are we told that, but we see him do all kinds of badass things and not get touched. It would have been really cool to see 6 pains show up and just destroy him.

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

Kingtheninja posted:

Yeah I did feel kind of short changed on that topic. not only are we told that, but we see him do all kinds of badass things and not get touched. It would have been really cool to see 6 pains show up and just destroy him.

I don't know what you guys are talking about. There's no mention of Nagato ever killing Hanzo. However if you can come up with the chapter its in. I'll be quite delighted.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Chapter 369

Zexerous
May 5, 2006

Teek posted:

Chapter 369

Thank you very much. I don't have as big a grasp of finding things on Naruto as I do on Bleach.

Greed
Apr 28, 2008
I always think of Pain killing Hanzo and his family like when Soze comes out of the fire. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdeCPGNRjOU

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

That's pretty much the image that popped in my head when I first read the scene in naruto.

EDIT: Here we go: http://www.ourmanga.com/Naruto/369/Naruto_369_14

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 02:07 on Aug 13, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoph
Mar 19, 2006

Give a hug - save a life.

Aesop Poprock posted:

It's been said over and over, but gently caress whoever decided Sasuke and Naruto's weird obsession with him should set the overriding background mood.

Well that'd be the author of the manga, Kishimoto... Sasuke is just charging up his hatred...

• Locked thread