Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Cena also rhymed "Mideon" with "Branch Davidian", which I remember marking for. That whole run convinced me Cena was gonna be a star.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
If someone told you two years ago that someone who wasn't in the WWE at the time would be World Champion in 2010, Kane would be Heavyweight champion, Bret Hart would be in the SummerSlam main event against seven rookies, and the freakin' MIZ would be Mr. Money in the Bank...all while TNA is employing Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair, how many of you would have thought that someone was off their rocker?

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
Well to be fair, if someone told you in 1989 that Ric Flair would be WWF champ by 1992, would you think they were off their rocker? What if someone told you in early 1999 that WWF would own WCW and ECW inside of two years? How about if someone told you Jeff Jarrett would be a multi time WCW world Champion in 1997? I don't think you can have expectations in professional wrestling.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

CobiWann posted:

If someone told you two years ago that someone who wasn't in the WWE at the time would be World Champion in 2010, Kane would be Heavyweight champion, Bret Hart would be in the SummerSlam main event against seven rookies, and the freakin' MIZ would be Mr. Money in the Bank...all while TNA is employing Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair, how many of you would have thought that someone was off their rocker?

Uh that seems entirely plausible. Considering that in the previous two years before that Eddie and Benoit died, in the two years before that Eric Bischoff hugged Vince McMahon on Raw and the Rock became a movie star, and in the two years before that both wcw and ecw were bought by the WWF.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Web Jew.0 posted:

Uh that seems entirely plausible. Considering that in the previous two years before that Eddie and Benoit died, in the two years before that Eric Bischoff hugged Vince McMahon on Raw and the Rock became a movie star, and in the two years before that both wcw and ecw were bought by the WWF.

A lot of poo poo's happened in the past decade

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
What are some wrestlers who yelled and freaked out before beating up their opponents? I'm trying to think of people besides Melina, Hulk or Big Zeke. (Doing a history of the battlecry and need someone to compare to The Berserker).

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Golden Bee posted:

What are some wrestlers who yelled and freaked out before beating up their opponents? I'm trying to think of people besides Melina, Hulk or Big Zeke. (Doing a history of the battlecry and need someone to compare to The Berserker).

I remember Batista nd the Ultimate warrior shouting a lot. Warrior pounded his chest too.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.
If "HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" counts as a battlecry, then Hacksaw Jim Duggan would also qualify.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Golden Bee posted:

I'll take this as an opportunity to post a picture of MsChif and Daffney, both of whom scream a lot

Uncle Ulty
Dec 12, 2006

Represent.

Golden Bee posted:

I immediately thought of Ken Shamrock.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Golden Bee posted:

(Doing a history of the battlecry and need someone to compare to The Berserker).

Tell me more. Also you should probably spell it The Berzerker since that's how they spelled it in WWF.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Trying to find out where battlecries and catchphrases come from in history. Rewriting it heavily (I had too much heraldry and non-verbal communication in there, it was unfocused). I'll post about it tonight hopefully, but I'm packing to move states tomorrow.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Don't forget Matt Hardy's stupid little yell

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Golden Bee posted:

On the Puro side, there is Kenta Kobashi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Luvd_cZ3Jgc#t=2m55s

A Dapper Man
Apr 7, 2007

Sometimes, I just like to kick it freestyle.
I'd say Big Show, when he does the sign for the Showstopper.

Perdido
Apr 29, 2009

CORY SCHNEIDER IS FAR MORE MENTALLY STABLE THAN LUONGO AND CAN HANDLE THE PRESSURES OF GOALTENDING IN VANCOUVER
Yokozuna's BONZAI!

I know Tatanka used to 'Hulk up' but I can't remember if he used to yell. Probably, given his gimmick.

Jericho yells inarticulately a lot, too.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Goldberg would always do the angry stomp with the arm motions and yell right after the spear and before the jackhammer.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Kurt Angle dropping the straps and hopping around.. he screamed into your soul

George Kaplan
Mar 12, 2006

Perdido posted:

Jericho yells inarticulately a lot, too.

I dunno, I think he's pretty articulate.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OXS5mgmiC0

Tatanka's theme began with a battle cry.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Tommy Dreamer does his whole ECW dropkick thing.

Minges
May 4, 2006
'Cause everybody hates a tourist
Delirious starts his drat matches with a yell and freak out. My favorite part of any Delirous match is the opening bell.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
I loved the sound Y2UJ used to make sometimes when he was trying to empphasize a bulldog, you'd just hear a groan pan from one side of the screen to the other.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm sad that Jericho rarely if ever shouts out,"COME ON, BAY-BEE!" anymore.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

The cocky one-foot pin was sorely underappreciated in its time.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Jerusalem posted:

YOU ARE A STUPID MAN

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

ASK HIM!

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Golden Bee posted:

Abyss
Eddie Guerrero
Edge
Heidenreich
Mark Henry
Mick Foley
Randy Orton
Ric Flair
Scott Steiner
Scotty 2 Hotty
the Dudley Boys
Umaga

so basically all the best wrestlers

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
So what the hell is that wacky noise Mick Foley makes every time he throws a punch or gets hit. "HAZAH. HAZAH." or something like that

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

triplexpac posted:

So what the hell is that wacky noise Mick Foley makes every time he throws a punch or gets hit. "HAZAH. HAZAH." or something like that

It's just nonsensical syllables. Foley even commented on it in one of his autobiographies, I think "Foley is Good."

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

triplexpac posted:

Foley has always made utterly incomprehensible noises when he's fake-fighting. He really played it up when he was playing Mankind (which made sense, as the character was a demented psychopath), but he's basically just continued those odd utterances for the remainder of his career.

I really shudder to think of what happens in the bedroom, especially since he's completely pussy-whipped to his wife.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

Timby posted:

I really shudder to think of what happens in the bedroom, especially since he's completely pussy-whipped to his wife.

"He's pulled out Mr. Socko! Wait, that's not-"

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

LividLiquid posted:

The cocky one-foot pin was sorely underappreciated in its time.
I loved that pin. I used to use Jericho in an old N64 WCW game because of that flex pin.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
Did he ever actually pin anyone with it?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

Enhancement talent sometimes. Ham and eggers as well.

He cut out all the "entertaining" bits when he became A Serious Heel. It was entirely intentional.

Wheresmy5bucks
Feb 10, 2007

So, where is it?
The Most awesome thing about the cocky pin in the AKI games was the utter shock Jericho had when it actually worked.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The cocky pin remains in SDvsRAW 2010. I've never gotten more than a one count off it but I continue to use it with regularity.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Tato posted:

The cocky pin remains in SDvsRAW 2010. I've never gotten more than a one count off it but I continue to use it with regularity.

Can it be used as a finisher? Because if so I am so there.

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.

triplexpac posted:

I always thought it sounded like he was yelling "ATTACKATTACK!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I always thought he was just gasping for breath