Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.
I have two problems on my 1989 Cherokee Lardasso with the I-6, high loving idle, almost all the time and trying to convert to r-134a ac poo poo. Of course the "fits all models other than GM" kit you buy in the store doesn't fit, all I'm looking for is to pump in R-134a....

My mom just bought a 2008 Grand and holy cow that engine bay was not meant to hold a baby V-6, I can't be the only person to pop the hood and wonder why there isn't something else stuffed in there to use up the 2 spare feet in that engine bay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ssh
Dec 9, 2001

by elpintogrande
Someone out in my little stepfordian community is someone with 'LUVMYXJ' plates. Looks completely stock, though. Probably used for the big ol' climb up to Wal-Mart.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

InterceptorV8 posted:

I have two problems on my 1989 Cherokee Lardasso with the I-6, high loving idle, almost all the time

89 Cherokee should have an Idle Air Controller. It'd be my first thing to check. They like to get gummed the hell up over the years and either get stuck out (low idle, dying/trying to) or in (high idle). Look for it at the rear of the throttle body. Round black thing with an electrical connector. If you unbolt it from the TB you can give it a good look for carbon buildup and see whether or not it still moves at all.

Molten Llama fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 9, 2010

incredibull
Sep 7, 2008

GENERIC

Braincloud posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with people?! So, it's now been in the 80s here in Seattle. Summer has arrived. I've had the doors and top off my Rubi for weeks now. It seems I'm the only one. Every Wrangler I see - TJ or JK, is still rolling around all buttoned up. Even softtops haven't been dropped! I just don't get it; why buy a Wrangler if you're not going to pull everything off when it gets nice out?! Hell, at least drop the top! I just shake my head when I see other Jeeps with their windows rolled down and their tops on as I drive by with my bare foot hanging out the door and the sun blazing down on my hat.

I guess I'm just way cooler than those other fools.

Many Seattle wrangler owners are retarded and bought a Jeep because it was cute, what else can you say? I see tons of the same, even with soft top owners. My neighbor bought a 2-door JK earlier this spring and I've never seen them take any part of the top off or even roll the windows down.

Before I had my hard top, I had my top down and doors off a couple years ago when it was loving bitter cold up here in Seattle, but still sunny. Wearing my heaviest coat, gloves, hat, etc. and drove around all day long on the highway like that. I loved the hell out of it, but not going to put up with a soft top in the winter just to do it.

Left my Jeep at home with only the main top on this weekend during a four day hiking trip near Spokane, came home to several inches of water pooled up inside from that rain storm that hit. First time using the drain plugs ever, that was sort of cool. Soaking the carpet with Simple Green now.

incredibull fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Aug 9, 2010

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
Carpet?

Replace it with herculiner.

incredibull
Sep 7, 2008

GENERIC
The carpet is nice as hell here in the winter, no way am I getting rid of it. It's the first time I've had to hose it down in almost three years and I don't baby the Jeep so I'm doing pretty well so far.

Cheap Bourbon
Apr 13, 2010

wav3form posted:

I'm getting bored with my GTI and i'm thinking of trading it in on this Rubicon.

http://www.carmax.com/enUS/view-car...32-d9e249a76d7d

I've never owned a Jeep before and I'm doing more outdoorsy stuff plus i'm getting tired of getting stuck in my driveway in the winter. KBB for that year rubicon is around 19k so I think it's a good deal. Can someone tell me if it's decent or if I should be looking at a wrangler other than a rubicon? I really won't be doing serious off road but I do like the Rubicon features so the option is there if I do get into that stuff.

Seems like an OK deal, nothing to write home about, nothing to scream down to the dealership. You won't need a rubi to get unstuck from your driveway, most all will do with the proper tires. If all yer doing is going camping and hitting the occasional fire trail, the rubi might be overkill, but it does have some neat-o stuff. Then again, if you've never had a 4x4 you won't use the neat-o stuff anyways. Then again, nice to have the neat-o stuff if you never really use it, but if you don't get the thing a little dirty, its still a mall-crawler.

wav3form
Aug 10, 2008

Cheap Bourbon posted:

Seems like an OK deal, nothing to write home about, nothing to scream down to the dealership. You won't need a rubi to get unstuck from your driveway, most all will do with the proper tires. If all yer doing is going camping and hitting the occasional fire trail, the rubi might be overkill, but it does have some neat-o stuff. Then again, if you've never had a 4x4 you won't use the neat-o stuff anyways. Then again, nice to have the neat-o stuff if you never really use it, but if you don't get the thing a little dirty, its still a mall-crawler.

True... I mostly want the Rubicon because it's cooler. To me anyway. I most likely won't go rock crawling but I like messing around in the snow and mud and you never know when you might need all that overkill stuff.

I do know that I wouldn't be modifying it other than maybe larger tires and some storage options. I might be moving back up to NY state as well so it would come in handy. I'll keep looking but I do like that one I linked to.

Cheap Bourbon
Apr 13, 2010

wav3form posted:

True... I mostly want the Rubicon because it's cooler. To me anyway. I most likely won't go rock crawling but I like messing around in the snow and mud and you never know when you might need all that overkill stuff.

I do know that I wouldn't be modifying it other than maybe larger tires and some storage options. I might be moving back up to NY state as well so it would come in handy. I'll keep looking but I do like that one I linked to.

Its not a bad deal, its just an OK deal. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the rubi package give locking rear diffies and locking xfer case?

Basically, for snow, you are limited by your tire style and suspension clearance (I'm thinking Buffalo snowfall before plowing). By all means, its a fair deal around my parts. Don't get me wrong, the rubi is a pimp package, but the ones I see are definitely mall-crawlers..... Don't do it wrong....

OneOverZero
Oct 14, 2005

JET FUEL CAN'T MELT SEALED BEAMS

Cheap Bourbon posted:

Its not a bad deal, its just an OK deal. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the rubi package give locking rear diffies and locking xfer case?
Locking front and rear diffs and 4.0:1 low-range are the primary driveline benefits.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Cheap Bourbon posted:

the ones I see are definitely mall-crawlers..... Don't do it wrong....

:ssh: Most 4x4's are mall crawlers.

And people are less likely to take a brand new $30k+ jeep off road right away. Street queen rubicons are awesome, because it means you will get a fairly good condition, never abused rubicon a few years down the road to take off road without having to pay full MSRP.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...

Geared Hub posted:

:ssh: Most 4x4's are mall crawlers.

And people are less likely to take a brand new $30k+ jeep off road right away. Street queen rubicons are awesome, because it means you will get a fairly good condition, never abused rubicon a few years down the road to take off road without having to pay full MSRP.

Tee hee, I took mine on the trails with 600 miles on the odometer and ended up ripping a fender off. But I play rough with my toys.

InterceptorV8
Mar 9, 2004

Loaded up and trucking.We gonna do what they say cant be done.

Molten Llama posted:

89 Cherokee should have an Idle Air Controller. It'd be my first thing to check. They like to get gummed the hell up over the years and either get stuck out (low idle, dying/trying to) or in (high idle). Look for it at the rear of the throttle body. Round black thing with an electrical connector. If you unbolt it from the TB you can give it a good look for carbon buildup and see whether or not it still moves at all.

Sweet I'll take a peek this weekend, I hope.

n0tqu1tesane
May 7, 2003

She was rubbing her ass all over my hands. They don't just do that for everyone.
Grimey Drawer

Braincloud posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with people?! So, it's now been in the 80s here in Seattle. Summer has arrived. I've had the doors and top off my Rubi for weeks now. It seems I'm the only one. Every Wrangler I see - TJ or JK, is still rolling around all buttoned up. Even softtops haven't been dropped! I just don't get it; why buy a Wrangler if you're not going to pull everything off when it gets nice out?! Hell, at least drop the top! I just shake my head when I see other Jeeps with their windows rolled down and their tops on as I drive by with my bare foot hanging out the door and the sun blazing down on my hat.

I guess I'm just way cooler than those other fools.

Now that I have a place to park the Samurai that's covered and out of the weather, I haven't had the top or doors on it since. The wife hates it because she's scared about the doors, and no top just messes her hair up, but she doesn't have to ride in it with me. The way I feel is that the whole point of having a vehicle like that is to ride around in it with as little on it as possible.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

n0tqu1tesane posted:

Now that I have a place to park the Samurai that's covered and out of the weather, I haven't had the top or doors on it since. The wife hates it because she's scared about the doors, and no top just messes her hair up, but she doesn't have to ride in it with me. The way I feel is that the whole point of having a vehicle like that is to ride around in it with as little on it as possible.

I agree 100%. If it's over 50 degrees, it should be mandatory that ragtops have the tops down. You can get a special pass for days with job interviews, weddings, etc. but otherwise it's non-negotiable. :smugbert:

Tossed_Salad_Man
Feb 19, 2002

You Gon' Get Raped.
Temporary mounting of front LED turn signals.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Click here for the full 1280x960 image.

Mounted with super velcro and zip ties. Until I can get the holes cut. HAD to get something going since no one knew what the gently caress I was doing on the road.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

Lawrence Phillips Always #1 to Me
When I bought my 1999 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L 4x4 the AC didn't work. I charged it with UV dyed R-134a and spotted two different leaks on the suction and discharge hose assembly. I drove the Jeep around for weeks with the leaky system and it worked just fine. The previous owner had put a new compressor on the truck about a year and a half before we bought it. The new compressor had a sticker on it with the build date.

I replaced the hose assembly, the accumulator and the orifice tube with new units from the auto parts store. I replaced every o-ring on the fittings that I took apart and lubricated all the new o-rings with refrigerant oil. I evacuated the system using my gauge set and a vacuum pump. The system held vacuum near -30 Hg overnight. I refilled the system with refrigerant oil and new refrigerant. All of this was a couple of weeks ago.

Yesterday my wife calls me on her way to a job interview saying the air is blowing hot. Our schedules have been out of sync the last couple of days so I haven't had a chance to look at it myself. Other than the pressure of the system any ideas what I should be looking for?

I saw from searching that 1999 & 2000 Cherokees sometimes have problems with the clutch on the AC compressor.

PBCrunch fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Aug 13, 2010

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

PBCrunch posted:

I saw from searching that 1999 & 2000 Cherokees sometimes have problems with the clutch on the AC compressor.

Mine just up and died and seized while I was leaving for work one day. A replacement was too expensive at the time so I just bought and AC delete pulley at NAPA and swapped that in. Eventually I'll get the AC system replaced but for now it's been working fine without it.

meecrob
Jul 3, 2007
I'd scarf down a whole wet bucket full of shit before I ate another plate of meecrob.

Paulie posted:

Got me a girl jeep:

BUT the saving grace:

:D

I got a girl jeep too. :gay:
06 Renegade with 3.7
Bought it new with 14 miles on it. I plan on lifting it and all the goods when its paid for also.

Excuse the cell pic.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

meecrob posted:

You could at least park it in the mud.

EightBit
Jan 7, 2006
I spent money on this line of text just to make the "Stupid Newbie" go away.

meecrob posted:

I got a girl jeep too. :gay:
06 Renegade with 3.7
Bought it new with 14 miles on it. I plan on lifting it and all the goods when its paid for also.

Excuse the cell pic.

Why wait until it is paid for? A lift and knobbier tires will slap the girl-jeep look right off.

meecrob
Jul 3, 2007
I'd scarf down a whole wet bucket full of shit before I ate another plate of meecrob.

fordham posted:

You could at least park it in the mud.

EightBit posted:

Why wait until it is paid for? A lift and knobbier tires will slap the girl-jeep look right off.

That pic is with new Firestone ATs on it. Just replaced the lovely Goodyear Wrangler SRAs which are noisy, prone to hydroplane, and expensive as hell. The only upside was that they lasted 70k. I would lift it now, but really can't afford it until my car payment is gone.

As far as future upgrades, I'm thinking:
3.5" lift
1" wheel spacers (I love the stock renegade wheels)
30"-31" ATs (daily driver)
bull bar with winch
roof rack
air lockers

Any one have any ideas on engine upgrades that won't kill fuel mileage? I've only replaced the air filter with a performance type and it hasn't really added any power (butt dyno), but my mileage did go up about 5%.

Sharp_angus
Aug 10, 2005

I just love the game. I can't get enough of hackey!

meecrob posted:

Liberty :words:

You might want to investigate if Banks makes a system for the Liberty's engine. I know they make a great kit for the 4.0L in the XJ/TJ that includes (IIRC) exhaust manifold, new air intake, and I think a programmer for the computer that changes the engine mapping.

E: Upon closer examination, Banks doesn't make a package for the 3.7L, only the 3.8 found in JKs and the 4.0L H.O., and an exhaust manifold for the 2.5L.. Disregard. :sweatdrop:

Sharp_angus fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Aug 14, 2010

cory ad portas
Apr 28, 2008

THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER.
Can any of my fellow Jeep TJ drivers please direct themselves to http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3338631

I have a problem :( this truck is relentless.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

PBCrunch posted:

When I bought my 1999 Jeep Cherokee 4.0L 4x4 the AC didn't work. I charged it with UV dyed R-134a and spotted two different leaks on the suction and discharge hose assembly. I drove the Jeep around for weeks with the leaky system and it worked just fine. The previous owner had put a new compressor on the truck about a year and a half before we bought it. The new compressor had a sticker on it with the build date.

I replaced the hose assembly, the accumulator and the orifice tube with new units from the auto parts store. I replaced every o-ring on the fittings that I took apart and lubricated all the new o-rings with refrigerant oil. I evacuated the system using my gauge set and a vacuum pump. The system held vacuum near -30 Hg overnight. I refilled the system with refrigerant oil and new refrigerant. All of this was a couple of weeks ago.

Yesterday my wife calls me on her way to a job interview saying the air is blowing hot. Our schedules have been out of sync the last couple of days so I haven't had a chance to look at it myself. Other than the pressure of the system any ideas what I should be looking for?

I looked at the AC last night. It was leaking out of one of the fittings of the accumulator. I had put everything together but I forgot to tighten the mount on the accumulator. It had wiggled enough in driving the truck to dig a hole in the o-ring.

I replaced the o-ring, evacuated the system and then re-filled with new refrigerant and compressor oil. It is blowing cold again.

Sponge!
Dec 22, 2004

SPORK!

PBCrunch posted:

I looked at the AC last night. It was leaking out of one of the fittings of the accumulator. I had put everything together but I forgot to tighten the mount on the accumulator. It had wiggled enough in driving the truck to dig a hole in the o-ring.

I replaced the o-ring, evacuated the system and then re-filled with new refrigerant and compressor oil. It is blowing cold again.

I envy your vacuum pump. :sigh:

Tactical Bonnet
Nov 5, 2005

You'd be distressed too if some pile of bones just told you your favorite hat was stupid.
Auto Zone rents them out for like $150 deposit. You get it all back when you return it.

PBCrunch
Jun 17, 2002

None of the Autozone's around here rent them out. I bought my two-stage 3 cfm pump from Harbor Freight for about $130 after using coupons.

I have used it twice on the Jeep and once when I replaced the AC compressor in my 1995 Lexus SC400 and the pump has already paid for itself.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
Beep beep, I bought a Jeep! A '99 Cherokee Sport:

It has the 4 liter 6, automatic transmission, and NP231 command trac transfer case. It's surprisingly clean with just over 150k miles on the car. The previous owner made some small modifications including a 2" lift with 31" tires, Magnaflow exhaust, and nice Alpine head unit. Not a bad car for $3500. I've been looking for a clean, slightly raised XJ for almost a year and this one was perfect. I can't wait to get this thing on some trails. (and take some better pictures) :)

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

Hey guys, I just got my first Jeep, a 99 classic. It is slightly modified with a 3.5" lift and some 32's. A friend of mine was telling me the setup on his jeep and he has the same lift as well as "Spacers and Shackles" so at the risk of sounding like a fool, would this " 2" XJ complete budget lift kit" be what I need?

http://www.rocky-road.com/xjbudget.html

Thanks in advance!

jdfording
Nov 10, 2006
Hey guys I need some advice.

I currently have a 1990 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer with almost 200k miles on it. It runs ok but could really use some work. My wife drives it to work and only puts around 10-15 miles on it a day. It will need brakes soon and the interior was stripped due to the previous owner eating so much food in the car I couldn't stand the smell and the carpet was nasty. I got a bit carried away and even removed the panels from the pillars and the headliner and backing. I no longer have the parts except for the rear bench seat. Only has the 2 front seats installed. It's also leaking a bit of oil but I hear if it isn't something is wrong. Also the steering column is loose and tightening the 4 torx bolts are pain in the rear end. Parts seem to be a lot harder to find and fairly expensive for this particular year.

Suprisingly after removing the carpet there isn't any rust on the floor panels or anywhere else that I can see. The car spent it's entire life in NW Colorado and is still currently there. It has your usual Cherokee problems like windows/locks that work when they want. The window seals are old and the body has a few dents and dings. The car was used as a teachers loaner car since it was new. They donated it to the automotive school and they re-painted it and.....who knows what else. I replaced 3 passenger side windows since someone used a grinder close to the glass and pitted the windows so bad you couldn't see out of them. That would of been a fun thing to teach those new automotive students...

I have found a 2001 Cherokee with only 16k miles on it. It's a sport with auto 4x4. It looks to be in amazing condition. The owner is asking $12,400 for it though and that seems a bit high to me. KBB puts it at $8k with those miles in excellent condition. The car is at a dealer so I haven't seen it in person, only pics. Problem is it's a 4 hour drive from where I live.

Does this seem to good to be true for a 10 year old Cherokee? I checked the free Carfax and it has 3 records but I haven't payed to see what they are. Does $12,400 seem to high or should I expect to pay this due to the mileage on it? Just wanted to get some input before I get financing and take the drive to see it.

Thank in advance.

Bojanglesworth
Oct 20, 2006

Look at all these burgers-running me everyday-
I just need some time-some time to get away from-
from all these burgers I can't take it no more

jdfording posted:

Hey guys I need some advice.

I currently have a 1990 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer with almost 200k miles on it. It runs ok but could really use some work. My wife drives it to work and only puts around 10-15 miles on it a day. It will need brakes soon and the interior was stripped due to the previous owner eating so much food in the car I couldn't stand the smell and the carpet was nasty. I got a bit carried away and even removed the panels from the pillars and the headliner and backing. I no longer have the parts except for the rear bench seat. Only has the 2 front seats installed. It's also leaking a bit of oil but I hear if it isn't something is wrong. Also the steering column is loose and tightening the 4 torx bolts are pain in the rear end. Parts seem to be a lot harder to find and fairly expensive for this particular year.

Suprisingly after removing the carpet there isn't any rust on the floor panels or anywhere else that I can see. The car spent it's entire life in NW Colorado and is still currently there. It has your usual Cherokee problems like windows/locks that work when they want. The window seals are old and the body has a few dents and dings. The car was used as a teachers loaner car since it was new. They donated it to the automotive school and they re-painted it and.....who knows what else. I replaced 3 passenger side windows since someone used a grinder close to the glass and pitted the windows so bad you couldn't see out of them. That would of been a fun thing to teach those new automotive students...

I have found a 2001 Cherokee with only 16k miles on it. It's a sport with auto 4x4. It looks to be in amazing condition. The owner is asking $12,400 for it though and that seems a bit high to me. KBB puts it at $8k with those miles in excellent condition. The car is at a dealer so I haven't seen it in person, only pics. Problem is it's a 4 hour drive from where I live.

Does this seem to good to be true for a 10 year old Cherokee? I checked the free Carfax and it has 3 records but I haven't payed to see what they are. Does $12,400 seem to high or should I expect to pay this due to the mileage on it? Just wanted to get some input before I get financing and take the drive to see it.

Thank in advance.

Im not a Jeep pro, but I am a car buying pro. That seems a bit high, but not unreasonable for something with that low of mileage AND at a dealership. Where is it located? Im sure you could find a goon or someone on the Jeep forums to go check it out for you. If its in Virginia near me I can go look at it for you.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
Is the dealership doing the financing, or is that the price before the bank gets involved?

jdfording
Nov 10, 2006

As Nero Danced posted:

Is the dealership doing the financing, or is that the price before the bank gets involved?

Thats just what they are asking for it. I would use my own bank to finance it. I just think I can get them lower. I also checked the Carfax and it's 100% clean.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

I'm looking at getting a 2001 Cherokee with pretty low miles. I found one with ~74k for $7800. Looks to be in pretty good condition, and the price isn't that much higher than the KBB.

I'm going to have my mechanic check it out, but is there anything specific I should ask them to look at?

I'm mechanically inept but I think the Cherokee is probably the prettiest car ever :(

Plus I want something to conquer the snow.

w1ntermute
Jan 6, 2005
A squid eating dough in a polyethylene bag is fast and bulbous, got me?
I'm hoping to abuse the knowledge of other Cherokee owners here with this one:

I have a 1988 XJ with the D30 vacuum front axle which of course is completely worthless and pops all the time due to the fork or vacuum motor going to hell. I've already replaced all of the hoses to it. Since I know that post 94 or 97 they went to a non-disconnect with the same transfer case my question is: could I remove the axle shaft from that side of a newer Cherokee at Pick N Pull and swap it in with minimal modification?

I'm aware that there are cable-pull kits available for my current situation, but I'd rather go all out and just let the front drive shaft spin.

EDIT: After even more googling, it sounds possible but I will have to make sure that my front driveshaft is balanced well (like the rear should be) since it will be spinning at highway speeds sometimes. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong or missing anything.

w1ntermute fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Aug 25, 2010

chaibat
Aug 21, 2008

I've got a 2000 WJ and I want to change two things. First, my driver's door armrest is starting to fall apart -- the vinyl is cracked and the underlying foam is now starting to come out in chunks. I haven't had much luck figuring out if I can take the panel off and disassemble it to replace just the arm rest pad, or if I need to replace the whole panel. Anyone done this repair or have advice?

Secondly, my driver's side front window has a one-touch auto setting which rolls the window all the way down. However, only the driver's side front window does this and it only works to roll the window down. Is it possible to have the auto setting also roll the window up? And related, what would it take to convert all windows to have the auto function?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

chaibat posted:

I've got a 2000 WJ and I want to change two things. First, my driver's door armrest is starting to fall apart -- the vinyl is cracked and the underlying foam is now starting to come out in chunks. I haven't had much luck figuring out if I can take the panel off and disassemble it to replace just the arm rest pad, or if I need to replace the whole panel. Anyone done this repair or have advice?

Sadly, you have to replace the whole drat panel. Thanks Chrysler. :argh:

quote:

Secondly, my driver's side front window has a one-touch auto setting which rolls the window all the way down. However, only the driver's side front window does this and it only works to roll the window down.

Working as intended. I would imagine that a bunch of dumb kids would decapitate themselves in it and sue the poo poo out of Chrysler.

fordham
Oct 5, 2002

Your argument is invalid.
Exciting Lemon

Doctor Zero posted:

Sadly, you have to replace the whole drat panel. Thanks Chrysler. :argh:

Working as intended. I would imagine that a bunch of dumb kids would decapitate themselves in it and sue the poo poo out of Chrysler.

My Highlander does auto up and down for the drivers window and parents' Lexus does both directions auto on all windows.

Those switches cost more so they don't use em.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clamwacker
Feb 12, 2007

It is now time to rock out with your cock out. BEGIN!

w1ntermute posted:

I'm hoping to abuse the knowledge of other Cherokee owners here with this one:

I have a 1988 XJ with the D30 vacuum front axle which of course is completely worthless and pops all the time due to the fork or vacuum motor going to hell. I've already replaced all of the hoses to it. Since I know that post 94 or 97 they went to a non-disconnect with the same transfer case my question is: could I remove the axle shaft from that side of a newer Cherokee at Pick N Pull and swap it in with minimal modification?

I'm aware that there are cable-pull kits available for my current situation, but I'd rather go all out and just let the front drive shaft spin.

EDIT: After even more googling, it sounds possible but I will have to make sure that my front driveshaft is balanced well (like the rear should be) since it will be spinning at highway speeds sometimes. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong or missing anything.

If you're going all out, then swap in disconnect hubs on the wheels (the kind where you have to get out and turn them). That will make the wheels spin freely and the front axle and driveshaft won't be doing anything.

I don't know whether the driveshaft will just slide in and work or not, though.

I did basically the same thing with my YJ, only instead of getting a solid axleshaft, I just ran a bolt through the housing where the shift fork and collar go, and threaded it in up to the point where it makes the shift fork constantly engaged. BAM - permanently connected front axle.