Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.
I thought I'd share this (unofficial) sculpture I got off an E-Bay seller. It's made of some kind of resin, and is pretty drat awesome.

Also, for scale...

Click here for the full 1024x820 image.

EDIT: It cost me twenty-five pounds, excluding P+P.

Darth Ronson fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Aug 15, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Haha, holy poo poo, that's righteous. How much did that set you back?

My sister bought me an Alien made of scrap-metal and nuts/bolts/screws for my birthday a couple years ago, I should take some pictures of that someday.

Edit-- vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv ahahahaha

Xenomrph fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Aug 12, 2010

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Darth Ronson posted:

I thought I'd share this (unofficial) plaster/resin/whatever sculpture I got off an E-Bay seller. It's made of some kind of resin,

Secreted from what?

Darth Ronson
Jun 18, 2004

Say.. that's a nice
hat.

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

Secreted from what?

I walked into that one..

Xenomrph posted:

Haha, holy poo poo, that's righteous. How much did that set you back?

My sister bought me an Alien made of scrap-metal and nuts/bolts/screws for my birthday a couple years ago, I should take some pictures of that someday.

EDIT: It cost me twenty-five pounds, with postage costing extra. The detail's great on it - the same guy also does one with the tongue/jaw sticking out, but the chin in particular seemed slightly less detailed so I went for this one.

I saw some of the Predator versions of the scrap metal figures in Cash Generator a few years back and I could kick myself for not getting one of them.

I've also got one of these...

Click here for the full 404x800 image.

.. but unlike the resin Alien head, I bought this years ago, at Camden Market. And this one's definitely made out plaster of paris. It seems like there needs to be two more smaller aliens, like flying ducks.

Darth Ronson fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 14, 2010

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

If I had a full-sized Alien head on my wall I'd want it mounted on a huge lacquered wooden plaque, like a big game hunter. Maybe a musket hanging under it.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nerd Of Prey posted:

If I had a full-sized Alien head on my wall I'd want it mounted on a huge lacquered wooden plaque, like a big game hunter. Maybe a musket hanging under it.

stupid ugly retard
Dec 30, 2009

by T. Finn

Xenomrph posted:

i was so disappointed when they didn't have a graboid skull in predators

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Has anyone purchased and opened the Vintage SW figures? If so can you tell me what the information about the mail away Boba Fett is? I can't find a drat thing on the Hasbro site about what to do with these stickers.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
Not sure what stickers you're referring to, but the little form packed inside says you need to send in the UPCs cut from the backs of the cards along with a filled out form and $6.99 to get the Boba Fett.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Djarum posted:

Once I get myself setup again I'll make you one irregardless. I have had the fodder sitting around for it forever and have meant to make one for awhile. I am in sort of custom limbo right now since I just went through a divorce and lost most of my stuff. I am hoping to have my poo poo back together in a month or two. Hopefully if everything works out I shall have the hardware together to do some casting as well!

Whoah! Sorry to hear about your divorce, but thanks for the figure. Could you post more pics of your customs? Going back through your posts in this thread didn't find me a ton.

If all goes according to plan I'll be able to have a list/photos of my figures by monday or tuesday and be able to start shipping them out as soon as people ask for them. I guarantee I'll have at least a few figures for little kids, collectors, and customizers.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

funtax posted:

Not sure what stickers you're referring to, but the little form packed inside says you need to send in the UPCs cut from the backs of the cards along with a filled out form and $6.99 to get the Boba Fett.

Do you have the address of where the form is at? Or is it the thing inside the package?

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
It's inside the package.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Sounds like you're trying to get it while keeping your figures MOC. You're going to have to cut the UPC codes off anyway, so if you want Boba Fett, tear that package open.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Xenomrph posted:

You know, the thing that doesn't make sense about that picture is that the Xenos probably have an exoskeleton.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I've been saying it for weeks now but I will hopefully be able to go through my spares today and post in the SA Mart thread. (Includes SDCC stuff).
On a side note, Plastic Man and Mo-Larr are awesome.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Fish Of Doom posted:

Sounds like you're trying to get it while keeping your figures MOC. You're going to have to cut the UPC codes off anyway, so if you want Boba Fett, tear that package open.

Correct. it specifies that you need to send them the actual, cut-out UPCs - not photocopies or some such.

What's weird is that there's an actual Boba Fett in the main Vintage line, so unless you simply HAVE to have a Fett with a missile that fires, you can just buy that one for roughly the same cost as shipping for the "free" figure.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

TOOT BOOT posted:

You know, the thing that doesn't make sense about that picture is that the Xenos probably have an exoskeleton.
Exo- and endo-skeleton, actually. :) The second AvP movie even shows a Predator "cleaning" an Alien skull and removing the black film, revealing the white part underneath. :eng101:

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Yaay found these at Target yesterday!

I call this.. Juggernauts Worst Day

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Juggernaut would easily destroy any of those other dolls.

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Does Juggernaut's skull come off?

Must... not... get... tempted... Deciding to start reading this thread when I'm trying to cut down on the number of things I won was a bad idea.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Is Cap tickling Juggernaut's balls? That seems...unusual for an attack.

The MU line makes me so mad, because it seems like it should be awesome, but they sorta half-assed it and everything is bent, like Wolverine's wavy claws. I would be all over these things if they charged a little more and made them a little better.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

bgaesop posted:

Does Juggernaut's skull come off?

Must... not... get... tempted... Deciding to start reading this thread when I'm trying to cut down on the number of things I won was a bad idea.

His helmet isn't intended to come off. You might be able to pry it off, but he's just a face underneath.

Marvel Universe has become pretty great as of late, and with some of the stuff shown at Comiccon, I'm glad I chose it over ML. I picked up all of wave 8, except Archangel who I didn't find, at Target the other. Other than Kitty's giant boobs and weird face sculpt, it's probably the best wave yet. Juggernaut and Colossus are 2 of the best versions of those characters ever.

Bob Cthulhu posted:

The MU line makes me so mad, because it seems like it should be awesome, but they sorta half-assed it and everything is bent, like Wolverine's wavy claws. I would be all over these things if they charged a little more and made them a little better.

To be fair, there was never a single ML wolverine ever released with non-bent claws either. For the Wolverine movie line, there was black hard plastic in between the claws to keep them straight, and it didn't look that bad. I have no idea why they got rid of that for flimsy ones again, though.

Fish Of Doom fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Aug 15, 2010

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Okay, it's been a while since I've paid attention to action figures. Last I knew Hasbro had taken over Marvel Legends and they were making crap, also there were these tiny figures whose names I've forgotten. What's Marvel Universe? What scale are they?

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

bgaesop posted:

Okay, it's been a while since I've paid attention to action figures. Last I knew Hasbro had taken over Marvel Legends and they were making crap, also there were these tiny figures whose names I've forgotten. What's Marvel Universe? What scale are they?

They're 4" scale, same as GI Joe and Star Wars. Marvel Legends, the 6" scale is basically dead at this point.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

They're 4" scale, same as GI Joe and Star Wars. Marvel Legends, the 6" scale is basically dead at this point.

Supposedly they're bringing back Legends in 2011, but I'll believe it when I see it. (All I wanted was modern-look Multiple Man, and I would have been thrilled and satisfied.)

bgaesop
Nov 1, 2005

by Y Kant Ozma Post
So those are 4" figs in those photos? Huh.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

I also found this today, which is now one of the coolest things I own. I've been waiting for a good Jabba on his throne for about 15 years now, and finally hasbro makes one.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

There wave one of garbage is up in SA Mart

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Fish Of Doom posted:

I also found this today, which is now one of the coolest things I own. I've been waiting for a good Jabba on his throne for about 15 years now, and finally hasbro makes one.

I swear like every kid in the 1980s had the original version of that for some reason. I think they must have made too many and sold them on clearance or something.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Maybe every kid in the 1980s just really really loved Jabba the Hutt?

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you
What is up with the lovely little DCU 4 inch Guy Gardener? He's like neon green and looks terrible.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Starsnostars posted:

Maybe every kid in the 1980s just really really loved Jabba the Hutt?

I've seen more of the Jabba toy than I have Luke Skywalker action figures.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Bob Cthulhu posted:

Is Cap tickling Juggernaut's balls? That seems...unusual for an attack.

Yes.. Cap's number one attack is making his opponent feel uncomfortable and awkward.

I only half-like the MU line thus far. All the girls look bizarre and have hunchbacks (with the except of Spider Woman and apparently.. from what I hear... Kitty Pryde) and the QC on the paint apps are still pretty deplorable.

Our TRU is CLOGGED with "Fan Favorite" Luke Cage...

bgaesop posted:

So those are 4" figs in those photos? Huh.

Yep.. though Jugs stands at about 5 inches. It's perfect because now I can finally have the scenario where Juggernaut attacks a base filled with GI Joe.. and the GI Joes.. helpless.. rely on the super heroes for help! Here comes Spidey!

astrobuck9
Oct 18, 2008

funtax posted:

Correct. it specifies that you need to send them the actual, cut-out UPCs - not photocopies or some such.

What's weird is that there's an actual Boba Fett in the main Vintage line, so unless you simply HAVE to have a Fett with a missile that fires, you can just buy that one for roughly the same cost as shipping for the "free" figure.

It's ran like the Kenner mail aways of yor. You have to cut 'em out and mail them in to get him.
Its for guys like me who are in their 30's that sent off for that bitch in '78 or '79 and got the regular, vintage Boba instead.

Satch
Mar 2, 2007

Hecho en Mexico

Jet Ready Go posted:

Our TRU is CLOGGED with "Fan Favorite" Luke Cage...

I hate that cage sculpt, it looks based on that terrible MAX series to me. The best of those Marvel figs is Thor, good god that looks nice for its size!

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

Satch posted:

I hate that cage sculpt, it looks based on that terrible MAX series to me. The best of those Marvel figs is Thor, good god that looks nice for its size!

Oh totally, I agree. It looks like a generic GI Joe figure too. It has no outstanding features. Give me the original sorta of gay disco Luke Cage with the Tiara any day.

But yes.. I wish I saw a Thor or an Archangel. Jeez I want those two so badly.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004

Jet Ready Go posted:

Oh totally, I agree. It looks like a generic GI Joe figure too. It has no outstanding features. Give me the original sorta of gay disco Luke Cage with the Tiara any day.

But yes.. I wish I saw a Thor or an Archangel. Jeez I want those two so badly.

Thors are everywhere here because they're being shipped in the most recent wave 8 refresher cases. I found remnants of wave 9 at Toys R US the other day. They had Wrecker, Iron Patriot, Mary Jane, and Iron Spidey. Mary Jane looked horrible, but I picked up Iron Spidey, who's pretty cool. Each of his spider legs is ball joint articulated, I thought they'de just be some static thing shoved on his back. I should have known that the skrull soldiers would all be gone by the time I got there.

I'd say the best MU figure so far is a toss up between Thor, Extremis Ironman, Ultron, Juggernaut, and wave 8 Colossus. At least those are the ones that really impressed me. The worst is still Human Torch or Punisher from wave 1.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

The Thor figure is really cool, a lot better looking than the one in the Secret Wars two packs.

I may just try and build a decent Avengers team and call it quits on the line though, not that many figures are worth getting.

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Fish Of Doom posted:

To be fair, there was never a single ML wolverine ever released with non-bent claws either. For the Wolverine movie line, there was black hard plastic in between the claws to keep them straight, and it didn't look that bad. I have no idea why they got rid of that for flimsy ones again, though.

It's not just him, though. It seems like they cheaped out on anything resembling a blade, and everyone's swords and knives are wavy. I think it really bothers me because it takes what are honestly pretty good bodies and heads and makes them look kinda cheap. I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up buying them if I ever find that Juggernaut or Wolverine, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Saw the new two packs at Target today so heads up, everyone.