Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Tantum via caeli per ferro incendioque est.

A.S.H. posted:

After hearing all this rot about Chinchillas needing dust baths I felt it necessary to see for myself. Thankfully youtube Chinchilla owners have taken the courtesy of documenting this behavior. I find it incredibly strange and wonderous that despite how essential water is to life, it can be dangerous to these cute furry critters. So until the next new strip is posted, here's a video of a Chinchilla rolling around in a bowl of dust like a spaz.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8cWcdIXIZE
Ah, so a chinchilla is like a rabbit/squirrel thing. A rabrrel. Squabbit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

A.S.H. posted:

After hearing all this rot about Chinchillas needing dust baths I felt it necessary to see for myself. Thankfully youtube Chinchilla owners have taken the courtesy of documenting this behavior. I find it incredibly strange and wonderous that despite how essential water is to life, it can be dangerous to these cute furry critters. So until the next new strip is posted, here's a video of a Chinchilla rolling around in a bowl of dust like a spaz.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8cWcdIXIZE

That's a decent chinchilla, but this chinchilla is the very best chinchilla.

Chinchilla.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.

McGravin posted:

Ah, so a chinchilla is like a rabbit/squirrel thing. A rabrrel. Squabbit.

They're a grass/earth type. Weak against flying and water types.

Sergeant Rock
Apr 28, 2002

"... call the expert at kissing and stuff..."
I'd like to ask Chris if he has read any Jack Vance. He seems to have a similar kind of baroque, ironic turn of phrase (which I love in both cases). Vance's writing could also be seen as a celebration of the English language.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Has he gone to a random once a week schedule? His last move was nearly a year ago, wasn't it, and since fanflow as created he posts free stuff on a seemingly random schedule.

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

It's pretty much always been a random schedule. Lately it's been much more infrequent but he's a married dude with a kid and stuff that pays to write (cookbook, supplementary material for the Dark Horse hardcovers, etc).

Okay Onstad, I stuck up for you. Now let me know whether T cold has a peter in his mouth or not please.

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Happy Hippo posted:

Now let me know whether T cold has a peter in his mouth or not please.
Whether or not he has a peter in his mouth, I can't imagine it is cold. In fact, if anything I would imagine T hot has a peter in his mouth.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Golden Bee posted:

Has he gone to a random once a week schedule? His last move was nearly a year ago, wasn't it, and since fanflow as created he posts free stuff on a seemingly random schedule.
Fanflow's had exactly one update in the last month, though.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

McGravin posted:

Whether or not he has a peter in his mouth, I can't imagine it is cold. In fact, if anything I would imagine T hot has a peter in his mouth.

Depends on what Nice Pete's been up to off-frame

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

McGravin posted:

"Cold" is an adverb applying to "has" not an adjective applying to "peter".

McGravin
Aug 25, 2004

Sprecherscrow posted:

"Cold" is an adverb applying to "has" not an adjective applying to "peter".
I know. Thank you, Dr. Grammar. :spergin:

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Happy Hippo posted:

Now let me know whether T cold has a peter in his mouth or not please.

He's finally finding out what a commodore is.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

:siren: New strip is up :siren:

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
poo poo's about to get real. :dance:

Edit: ^ Beaten like ginger stepchild.

Radio Paranoia fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Aug 12, 2010

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

All this bother we've been going through worrying about Teodor and all along Philippe has been onto the REAL story!

Cobweb Heart
Mar 31, 2010

I need you to wear this. I need you to wear this all the time. It's office policy.
I love the way that Emeril says "summon" like Ray's some kind of extradimensional monster that must be brought to this world by elaborate rituals.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cobweb Heart posted:

I love the way that Emeril says "summon" like Ray's some kind of extradimensional monster that must be brought to this world by elaborate rituals.

Well scratch the extradimensional monster bit and it's pretty accurate. The cat is expecting morning touches!

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
I don't know about you, but I could go for some morning touches right about now.

Also I apparently haven't read enough Wodehouse if he inspired this strip.

Ashenai
Oct 5, 2005

You taught me language;
and my profit on't
Is, I know how to curse.

EndOfTheWorld posted:

I don't know about you, but I could go for some morning touches right about now.

The morning anti-hangover drink is one of Jeeves' provenance, I believe.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Ashenai posted:

The morning anti-hangover drink is one of Jeeves' provenance, I believe.

I'm pretty sure it's the first thing Jeeves ever does for Bertie and it's what convinces Bertie to hire him. Some days I could use a butler/gentleman bear like that.

The Missing Link
Aug 13, 2008

Should do fine against cats.
What is the panel with the two... pointy toed boots? Right before he sees the writing on the windowsill.

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

The Missing Link posted:

What is the panel with the two... pointy toed boots? Right before he sees the writing on the windowsill.

Those are Teodor's boots.

See here.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

The Missing Link posted:

Teodor's boots! http://www.achewood.com/index.php?date=05042010

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Was Phillipe ever shown arriving back? That was the last storyline (that feels like forever ago!) and it chained right into this one. He was on his way back, then bam he's at the midnight typewriter. He seemed to be doing alright for himself, considering!

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Vaguely related:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/entertainment/ct-live-0812-cathy-comic-20100812,0,482840.story

Have my retarded baby.

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

EndOfTheWorld posted:

Yeah you should completely read the Jeeves books, at least a couple of them are free on Feedbooks.

I always parsed the anti-hangover drink as being one egg, one healthy spurt steak sauce (if you cannot find HP sauce which is British as hell), one pinch cayenne, add seltzer/club soda until fluid enough.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I always thought it was tomato juice, vodka, egg yolk, salt, pepper, tobasco, and worcestershire (for extra britishness). Basically a bloody mary with an egg. The egg is the important part, as the cysteine within aids in replenishing lost fluids from alcohol's dehydrating effect.

Fun fact: known hangover remedies date back to Pliny the Elder, who suggested raw owl eggs and fried canary.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
Christ, those remedies sound like they're ten times worse than the hangover itself.

ChibiSoma posted:

Was Phillipe ever shown arriving back? That was the last storyline (that feels like forever ago!) and it chained right into this one. He was on his way back, then bam he's at the midnight typewriter. He seemed to be doing alright for himself, considering!

We've been wondering about his status, so yeah, this answered it.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was once asked if I wanted HP sauce while eating breakfast at a Canadian hotel.

I spent six years thinking it stood for "hot pepper" until I saw a bottle of HP Sauce on the shelf at World Market.

I was hungover and figured Tabasco could be called something else in Toronto.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

DocFrance posted:

Fun fact: known hangover remedies date back to Pliny the Elder, who suggested raw owl eggs and fried canary.

The real cure is that by the time you've busted your rear end all over Misenum looking for the raw owl egg vendor and the fried canary stand, you've outlived your hangover.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb
I've read a few of Wodehouses's non-Jeeves novels (finished "A Damsel in Distress" last year, which I recommend.) Then, recently, I read Orwell's essay where he defended Wodehouse for making... unfortunate comments while in the mandatory company of Nazis, so that had me thinking about him again.

To Barnes and Noble!

Wikipedia says these sorts of anti-hangover drinks are enjoyed by the likes of James Bond, Bertie Wooster, Spike Spiegel and Doc Brown. All of whom swear by it. I can't wait for my next hangover!

EndOfTheWorld fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Aug 12, 2010

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Wow, I had no idea that Jeeves and Wooster was actually based on something.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
So what happens when a gently caress You Friday falls on a Friday the 13th? Do you take extra steps to deliver your gently caress yous to people? What's proper etiquette?

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

ChibiSoma posted:

So what happens when a gently caress You Friday falls on a Friday the 13th? Do you take extra steps to deliver your gently caress yous to people? What's proper etiquette?

proper etiquette is to post your own gently caress you friday achewood fan comics, you first

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

ChibiSoma posted:

I was going to post a strip proving that that very thing had already happened but my memory played a trick on me because it was a Judas Priest Friday the 13th that I was thinking of.

platero
Sep 11, 2001

spooky, but polite, a-hole

Pillbug

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

I was once asked if I wanted HP sauce while eating breakfast at a Canadian hotel.

I spent six years thinking it stood for "hot pepper" until I saw a bottle of HP Sauce on the shelf at World Market.

I was hungover and figured Tabasco could be called something else in Toronto.

It sounds a little bit like Pickapeppa sauce http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pickapeppa_sauce
Don't believe the lies on wikipedia, it's nothing like A1 or Worcestershire. It's awesome poured over cream cheese with some crackers.

Vaporware
May 22, 2004

Still not here yet.
Judas Priest Friday has been on my cube wall for the better part of year, people love it.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

glug posted:

:cry: At least he isn't trying to walk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Wow, now I'm imagining Ray as Bertie Wooster and Cornelius as Jeeves.

"If I may say, sir, the effect of that medallion with your thong-wear is a trifle... disconcerting."
Well, I bristled a bit at that. If the ladies didn't want to be getting mad rutty with a cat cold rocking a Speedo, then that was their bally loss. "Dash it, Cornelius, this is what I shall wear!"
"Very good, sir."