Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

So I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling SALR and I still can't get own post or quote highlighting to work. No errors on the UserJS page. It'll highlight my name in posts, it'll highlight the OP. It won't highlight own posts or quotes of me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

I was just coming to post pretty much exactly the same as Casao.

I noticed I was way out of date so I went to 1.0 from 9.1. 9.1 never highlighted my username or those of admins or mods but did highlight my name. I uninstalled/reinstalled and now nothing is highlighted at all. Youtube links have also never been highlighted in either version, however thread highlighting for both seen and new replies work fine (and did before). I have never enabled friend, OP, or mod/admin post highlighting so I can't comment as to whether any of those function for me.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Casao posted:

So I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling SALR and I still can't get own post or quote highlighting to work. No errors on the UserJS page. It'll highlight my name in posts, it'll highlight the OP. It won't highlight own posts or quotes of me.

Looks like that's a small problem with the friend list highlighting. If you visit your User Control Panel it should fix it. If not try turning off friends highlighting temporarily

Sneaking Mission fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Aug 14, 2010

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Sneaking Mission posted:

Looks like that's a small problem with the friend list highlighting. If you visit your User Control Panel it should fix it. If not try turning off friends highlighting temporarily

In both cases or just LastInLine's?

Casao posted:

I've tried duplicating with your preferences and haven't been able to replicate your issue at all. Try turning off some of the other highlighting features (or all except your quotes/username) and see if it works then. Using your username in my prefs works fine so it isn't some bizzaro parsing error.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ferg posted:

In both cases or just LastInLine's?

My name is bold in this post but not the color specified in my settings.

Also, I've discovered that my quotes are highlighted.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

LastInLine posted:

My name is bold in this post but not the color specified in my settings.

Also, I've discovered that my quotes are highlighted.

Quick question: Did you enter your username on the options screen after installing, but before visiting a thread or forum? If so, I know what's causing it.

If you go into the SALR options page and click on the image at the top a new tab should open up with your configuration. Can you post that so I can confirm the problem?

Sneaking Mission fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 14, 2010

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Sneaking Mission posted:

Quick question: Did you enter your username on the options screen after installing, but before visiting a thread or forum? If so, I know what's causing it.

If you go into the SALR options page and click on the image at the top a new tab should open up with your configuration. Can you post that so I can confirm the problem?

I did enter my username after installing but prior to visiting SA.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Thanks. For the moment if you just uninstall and reinstall, go visit a thread and then set your options. You should be good to go then. Working on getting fixes in to prevent this.

Sneaking Mission fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 14, 2010

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Sneaking Mission posted:

Thanks. For the moment if you just uninstall and reinstall, go visit a thread and then set your options. You should be good to go then. Working on getting fixes in to prevent this.
That didn't work entirely. It did add a lot to the debug screen off the settings page, but username highlight still doesn't happen and the colors I pick won't stick. Closing the settings page and reopening it reverts to the defaults and even before I close the settings page, the debug screen won't change when I alter a color.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

LastInLine posted:

That didn't work entirely. It did add a lot to the debug screen off the settings page, but username highlight still doesn't happen and the colors I pick won't stick. Closing the settings page and reopening it reverts to the defaults and even before I close the settings page, the debug screen won't change when I alter a color.

Got a fix for this, I'll roll it up and upload it in a jiffy.

And it's rolled out. Casao/LastInLine, try a reinstall and see if that helps. Also if you were tweaking the colors for the highlighting that may have been a culprit, so try without custom colors first.

Rohaq - This release includes the feature you requested. You can enable in the "Other Options" section of the settings screen.

Ferg fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Aug 14, 2010

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Everything seems to work as intended, thanks!

Of course, it turns out I didn't know what the intended behavior was so I was missing what I was looking for. Highlighting my name doesn't highlight in the left column nor where it says LastInLine posted: in a quote, it just highlights everywhere else. I assume that's the proper behavior.

Thanks for the assistance, your (and your contributors') work is what made me jump ship to Chrome and I appreciate your efforts.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Ferg posted:

Got a fix for this, I'll roll it up and upload it in a jiffy.

And it's rolled out. Casao/LastInLine, try a reinstall and see if that helps. Also if you were tweaking the colors for the highlighting that may have been a culprit, so try without custom colors first.

Rohaq - This release includes the feature you requested. You can enable in the "Other Options" section of the settings screen.

Yeah, the update fixed it, thanks.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
I think the latest update may have broken the Browser Button extension. The one that stays permanently on the Chrome browser. No matter how much I browse the forums, it refuses to populate.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

qbert posted:

I think the latest update may have broken the Browser Button extension. The one that stays permanently on the Chrome browser. No matter how much I browse the forums, it refuses to populate.

That's entirely possible, I was trying to clean up some redundant cruft and might have zapped that feature in the process. I'll get a fix out in a bit.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I definitely just straight up deleted the block of code that handled external extensions. Oops. Once your SALR updates the browser button will work again.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
Thanks for adding my suggestion!

I've Noticed something strange though: Clicking on the 'Unbookmark' button results in a progress spinner that never goes away. The thread does seem to be unmarked though. Minor bug, and might have even occurred inthe the normal forum unmark mode, but thought you might want to know.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Rohaq posted:

Thanks for adding my suggestion!

I've Noticed something strange though: Clicking on the 'Unbookmark' button results in a progress spinner that never goes away. The thread does seem to be unmarked though. Minor bug, and might have even occurred inthe the normal forum unmark mode, but thought you might want to know.

Probably just a fluke with your connection/the forums at the time. All my tweak does is fires off the .click() method on the button. Just tested myself and it worked fine.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Just installed this, and I'm happy with the usefulness, but is there any way to disable SALR's colouring of threads? I'd prefer to let the forums handle that right now. Sorry if this was covered somewhere, I skimmed back but couldn't find mention of it.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Martytoof posted:

Just installed this, and I'm happy with the usefulness, but is there any way to disable SALR's colouring of threads? I'd prefer to let the forums handle that right now. Sorry if this was covered somewhere, I skimmed back but couldn't find mention of it.

It's actually a highly requested feature. I'll bang it out soon.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Awesome, thank you :)

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

Is there a way to edit the jump list? I mean sure it's cool but I honestly only go to like 2-3 different forums.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Low priority I'm sure, but whenever I use the quick reply box and then scroll the forums in the background, part of the top of the box gets cut off:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Martytoof posted:

Low priority I'm sure, but whenever I use the quick reply box and then scroll the forums in the background, part of the top of the box gets cut off:

This is only while scrolling, right? Are you using beta/dev channel? It's some rendering bug that I've noticed in the past week on the page navigator. Not really related to the extension.

Yakattak posted:

Is there a way to edit the jump list? I mean sure it's cool but I honestly only go to like 2-3 different forums.

Yep, make sure all feature requests go to salr.uservoice.com.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

Yakattak posted:

You can pin forums to the top of the list by clicking on the gray circle. For example, Yakattak, you can set up your jump like this:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Ferg posted:

This is only while scrolling, right? Are you using beta/dev channel? It's some rendering bug that I've noticed in the past week on the page navigator. Not really related to the extension.

Well, let me put it this way. When I clicked reply on your post, the entire box came up as expected. I scrolled to the bottom of the page without incident and the entire box was still there. But as soon as I scroll UP, the top of the box disappears, as if it's being partially hidden by things being drawn over it. Once I stop scrolling, part of the box is still invisible, though I do see the blinking cursor and can type in the box as expected.

If it's just a rendering bug then I guess that's not really your issue to deal with. I'm on the dev channel, 6.0.495.0 dev MacOS X.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Martytoof posted:

If it's just a rendering bug then I guess that's not really your issue to deal with. I'm on the dev channel, 6.0.495.0 dev MacOS X.

Yeah, I'm using the exact same build. Just something in the latest dev releases for OSX. Latest Linux build has no issue. I can semi-reproduce what you're seeing, but it looks like clicking or just a light scroll up/down corrects it.

It also seems to be bastardizing the rollup/rolldown animations when you minimize it. Lame.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Is there any way we could get Waffleimages supported like it is in SALR Firefox, or is that not possible with Chrome?

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

TOOT BOOT posted:

Is there any way we could get Waffleimages supported like it is in SALR Firefox, or is that not possible with Chrome?

This would be sweet and is the one thing I miss from firefox.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TOOT BOOT posted:

Athenry posted:

This would be sweet and is the one thing I miss from firefox.

I started work on this about a month or so ago but unfortunately I'm kind of at the mercy of Chrome right now. Only Firefox has a complete HTML5 File API. I have the slide-out panel stubbed out for the Quick Reply box with drag and drop support, but it's unfortunately too limited to even consider right now. I'll implement it once it's in the dev channel for Chrome, and roll it out once the changes are merged to the beta branch. No idea when that will be though.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
Is it possible to add a Preview pane to the Quick Reply box like in the Firefox plugin? I like being able to see that all of my tags are working correctly without having to hit the Preview Reply button.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vykk.Draygo posted:

Is it possible to add a Preview pane to the Quick Reply box like in the Firefox plugin? I like being able to see that all of my tags are working correctly without having to hit the Preview Reply button.

Yeah it is, I just didn't want to overreach the scope of the original Quick Reply development, especially since there's still a few bugs here and there that we're cleaning up (namely in the parsers). I'm thinking if the height of the QR box is shortened a bit I could make room for a top slide-out preview pane.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I see that the page navigator has a button to go to the first unread post, but is there anyway to have SALR automatically do that when the page finishes loading? Firefox used to have the same problem with images causing you to end up halfway up the page but I think SALR fixed that.

Other than that and some minor stuff people have discussed, the extension is awesome.

Ferg
May 6, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I see that the page navigator has a button to go to the first unread post, but is there anyway to have SALR automatically do that when the page finishes loading? Firefox used to have the same problem with images causing you to end up halfway up the page but I think SALR fixed that.

Other than that and some minor stuff people have discussed, the extension is awesome.

Should be doable. Toss it up on uservoice and I'll get to it when I can. Been a bit busier than I had expected this week.

Sneaking Mission
Nov 11, 2008

I was looking through uservoice and noticed a few items which have been taken care of starting at the 1.0 release.

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48927-general/suggestions/750468-button-to-dump-configuration?ref=title
Clicking on the SA logo on the options page produces a config dump

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48927-general/suggestions/790413-extend-the-display-threads-with-new-posts-first-?ref=title
Fixed in the 1.0 release

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48927-general/suggestions/620237-support-the-forum-bookmark-colors?ref=title
Should work in the 1.0 release if you have the forums-side options for this enabled.

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48927-general/suggestions/1001239-jump-to-first-unread-post-after-images-finish-load?ref=title
Committed this fix since using the forum option for this seemed more miss than hit for me.

Also committed a few rap sheet related requests from the firefox SALR thread and toned down the cancer highlighting option.

Plus a couple branches for Ferg to criticize once he gets unbusy.
getquote with new lazier quick reply
settings with experimental settings page changes (maybe too experimental :ohdear:) and a few settings-related changes including Martytoof's thread highlighting request. I can merge these into the main branch separately if you're not able to withstand the power of the new settings page.

(I didn't mean for this to come across as a to do list, just getting some notes down.)

wmbest2
Sep 25, 2009

Sneaking Mission posted:

I was looking through uservoice and noticed a few items which have been taken care of starting at the 1.0 release.

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48...ation?ref=title
Clicking on the SA logo on the options page produces a config dump

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48...irst-?ref=title
Fixed in the 1.0 release

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48...olors?ref=title
Should work in the 1.0 release if you have the forums-side options for this enabled.

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48...-load?ref=title
Committed this fix since using the forum option for this seemed more miss than hit for me.

Also committed a few rap sheet related requests from the firefox SALR thread and toned down the cancer highlighting option.

Plus a couple branches for Ferg to criticize once he gets unbusy.
getquote with new lazier quick reply
settings with experimental settings page changes (maybe too experimental :ohdear:) and a few settings-related changes including Martytoof's thread highlighting request. I can merge these into the main branch separately if you're not able to withstand the power of the new settings page.

(I didn't mean for this to come across as a to do list, just getting some notes down.)

My god Sneaking, just read through your getquote branch magic and all I have to say is well done. I can honestly say I think we are all extremely glad to have you on board.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I'm still new to Chrome. How do extension updates work? Will SALR update itself? Will I be prompted to install an update? Do I have to go find the update and install it myself when it's released?

edit: just noticed there isn't a "quick edit" popup box :(

quote:

http://salr.uservoice.com/forums/48...-load?ref=title

:toot:

Vykk.Draygo fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Aug 21, 2010

Lenins Potato
May 8, 2008
It will update yourself, you'll never get prompted. In fact, sometimes with SALR new features with magically appear while you're browsing the forums due to that.

Rohaq
Aug 11, 2006
Quick and easy request: Can you add the ability to click on the labels for the checkboxes in the quick reply box to enable/disable them? It should be fairly easy to add a 'toggleCheckbox(checkboxName)' function to toggle it on and off in an onclick event.

I'd do it myself, but I'm a bit busy at the moment to write and test it properly.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
Chiming in to say that this project is still ace. Good work everyone.

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?
Once I have my development machine back, I'm going to finish my emoticon autocomplete branch and the code highlighting :)

Sneaking, you're setting a bad example. If you keep adding stiff the users are just going to get used to it. :colbert:

• Locked thread