Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Can it be used as a finisher? Because if so I am so there.

I want a top rope finisher to end with it.

6 full rotations, 2 flips, only to land on your feet and do the Cocky Pin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Not really a question

http://www.vokle.com/events/4194-vlog-talk-with-jonathan-koontz

Maffew of Botchamania is doing a live interview webchat dealie thing here in about 20 minutes, he's around in the chat right now if anyone cares.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Burrito posted:

I want a top rope finisher to end with it.

6 full rotations, 2 flips, only to land on your feet and do the Cocky Pin.

Actually, I think it's possible for a wrestler to execute a Shooting Star Cocky Pin. It would be tough to get it right every time, but I think it's doable. If not that, a Moonsault Cocky Pin.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Lone Rogue posted:

Actually, I think it's possible for a wrestler to execute a Shooting Star Cocky Pin. It would be tough to get it right every time, but I think it's doable. If not that, a Moonsault Cocky Pin.

You could do it from Hogan's legdrop.

A Dapper Man
Apr 7, 2007

Sometimes, I just like to kick it freestyle.
Is Jack Swagger deaf, or is his tongue just too big for his mouth?

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

A Dapper Man posted:

Is Jack Swagger deaf, or is his tongue just too big for his mouth?

Do you mean is he deaf because he can't hear his lithp? It's a real thpeech impediment:

quote:

"Oh sure, as a kid I was self conscious about it, but a lot of people tell me they don't even notice it. I'm sure it comes out here and there. First of all, it's a real disease. It's my cross to bear or what not. I'm joking around here, but at times I'm like, "Come on, this is a little childish." But at the same time, it's true so why not use it?"

A Dapper Man
Apr 7, 2007

Sometimes, I just like to kick it freestyle.

Fallon posted:

Do you mean is he deaf because he can't hear his lithp? It's a real thpeech impediment:

I was just curious. It reminded me of the deaf "accent" a bit.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

ASK HIM!

Jerusalem posted:

I'm sad that Jericho rarely if ever shouts out,"COME ON, BAY-BEE!" anymore.

LividLiquid posted:

The cocky one-foot pin was sorely underappreciated in its time.

Don't worry guys, surely he's getting to the age where recapturing your youth seems attractive son we'll have Retro-Jericho.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Just finished watching Summerslam '92 on PYBO, and I was wondering: when did Bret debut the entrance theme with the guitar screech? He was still using the old Hart Foundation entrance theme for the IC main event then.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC

Sue Denim posted:

Don't worry guys, surely he's getting to the age where recapturing your youth seems attractive son we'll have Retro-Jericho.

This might make me start watching Raw again.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

anakha posted:

Just finished watching Summerslam '92 on PYBO, and I was wondering: when did Bret debut the entrance theme with the guitar screech? He was still using the old Hart Foundation entrance theme for the IC main event then.

95-ish.

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

jeffersonlives posted:

95-ish.

The guitar screech is in that "go get em champ" promo for the new generation so it had to be earlier than that but not by much.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."

Moose Bigelow posted:

The guitar screech is in that "go get em champ" promo for the new generation so it had to be earlier than that but not by much.

Checking some old videos, Bret's theme appears to have been remixed with the guitar screech between WrestleMania X and Summerslam 94.

Bearnt!
Feb 6, 2004

No onions, no onions
From what I've found he most likely debuted it at the '94 King of the Ring. On the May 30th 1994 episode of RAW he didn't have the screech which was his final appearance on TV that I can find before the June 19th KOTR. I don't have any SuperStars tapes I can check but I'm guessing '94 KOTR is a safe bet.

CanadianJericholeaf
Jun 9, 2004

by Lowtax

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

Did he ever actually pin anyone with it?
Probably not, he'd typically do it right at the beginning of a match after something mundane like a scoop slam.

kuribo
Aug 2, 2003

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

Lone Rogue posted:

Joey Styles says stuff Bob Ryder made up.

I called that hotline. Joey Styles spent a good two minutes making fun of the WWF for giving Mark Henry a ten year contract, and how Henry broke his leg bouncing off the ropes three months into said contract. Speaking of, does anyone remember Internet Insiders? I used to call that poo poo every week to ask them questions about The Yeti. Mean Gene Okerlund told me to take my phone to AT&t so they could burn it, the week that Fit Finlay was the guest. I spoke with others, too, but Nash and Hall were the only ones that played along. Mostly because they were very drunk.

Zack_Gochuck
Jan 4, 2007

Stupid Wrestling People
I love that he said At&t. WCW programming used to be littered with At&t ads.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

Sue Denim posted:

Topknot time, son

kuribo
Aug 2, 2003

Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

Magic_Ceiling_Fan posted:

I love that he said At&t. WCW programming used to be littered with At&t ads.

I love that he thought I was incapable of burning my own telephone. Mark Madden called me an idiot on several occasions. Madden left WCW for awhile and hosted a Pittsburgh Penguins radio show. So, one day, a friend of mine in that area gave me the call-in number. Long story short, Madden was not amused to be out of WCW and still fielding questions about the Yeti. It's not like these were "lololol look at me prank calling:" I actually ran a Yeti fan page that proclaimed him to be an ice bound deity. The troll reached new heights when the owner of the internet's most popular wrestling theme page, Unistork / Phenabomb (also a goon) deleted the themes, and turned the Simplenet domain over to me, so I could host Yetimania Online there. I got so much hate mail. Theme tards were nuts.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Can anybody tell me about this Awfulmania event in 2005, I cant find out anything about it on google :(

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

For a goon meet in New York, Cannibal decided to run an indie show for the goons attending. I can't remember many of the wrestlers involved but I think he booked Jim Neidhart. Found this post by googling:

quote:

Cannibal posted:

The largest goonmeet I ever held in NYC was AWFULMANIA. It had an attendance of over 120 goons, which ranks up there with the largest gooncons.

I had a budget of over $3,000 for it. I used that to rent a private hall in NJ that was accessible via walking distance from the PATH train (took the subway from the WTC stop ) about 30 minutes of travel. At the private hall, I had hired a dozen indie wrestlers to perform just for us, including Doink the Clown and Jim "The Anvil" Neidhart. They had their own private bar for us, 120 goons shouting catchphrases while wrestlers put their bodies on the line for our entertainment. They even let me participate in one of the matches.

Then we returned back to NYC. 120 goons, going from NJ to NYC via subway, and no one got lost.

Manwithastick
Jul 26, 2010

Fallon posted:

For a goon meet in New York, Cannibal decided to run an indie show for the goons attending. I can't remember many of the wrestlers involved but I think he booked Jim Neidhart. Found this post by googling:

Tell me footage of this exists!

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

Manwithastick posted:

Tell me footage of this exists!

The entire show is on GBS.TV but it won't let you queue it.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.
We aren't allowed to have a derailed thread so I dunno, here's a post: Watching the 1996 Royal Rumble (maybe that makes this belong in the Worst Wrestling Stories thread, it is the shits) Barry Horowitz ACTUALLY USED Hava Nagila as entrance music. That is awesome.

I guess for a question, why did the Rumble suck a dick that year?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Rumble_%281996%29#Royal_Rumble_entrances_and_eliminations

I mean 55 year old Dory Funk Jr.? Doug Gilbert? MAKING A DIFFERENCE~! Fatu? Kama, both Samoan Swat Teams, and HOG? (Although goddamn if Henry Godwinn wasn't a hoss and a half)

WeaselWeaz
Apr 11, 2004

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Biscuits and Gravy.

whatsabattle posted:

Because WWF sucked a dick that year.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

whatsabattle posted:

We aren't allowed to have a derailed thread so I dunno, here's a post: Watching the 1996 Royal Rumble (maybe that makes this belong in the Worst Wrestling Stories thread, it is the shits) Barry Horowitz ACTUALLY USED Hava Nagila as entrance music. That is awesome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Rumble_%281996%29#Royal_Rumble_entrances_and_eliminations

I mean 55 year old Dory Funk Jr.? Doug Gilbert? MAKING A DIFFERENCE~! Fatu? Kama, both Samoan Swat Teams, and HOG? (Although goddamn if Henry Godwinn wasn't a hoss and a half)

The talent pool was really really thin at this point with only a few credible main eventers and a lot of filler. It is really hard to book a Rumble when so many people suck and so few people have a chance to win.

Nut Bunnies
May 24, 2005

Fun Shoe
1995 was even worse because they had 30 second intervals. Nobody could really do anything in the ring because there was a new guy coming in all the time.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

MassRayPer posted:

The talent pool was really really thin at this point with only a few credible main eventers and a lot of filler. It is really hard to book a Rumble when so many people suck and so few people have a chance to win.

The Rumble is always worse when the winner is a foregone conclusion, like with HBK that year. They tried to make it doubtful with the Owen angle, but still everyone knew HBK was winning.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

There was a thing for a few weeks a few years ago where Jesse and Festus would bubblewrap people and load them into shipping crates. Did they ever go anywhere or even explain that at all?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

projecthalaxy posted:

There was a thing for a few weeks a few years ago where Jesse and Festus would bubblewrap people and load them into shipping crates. Did they ever go anywhere or even explain that at all?

They were a "moving company" that was preparing for SmackDown's move to MyTV.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The Goog posted:

They were a "moving company" that was preparing for SmackDown's move to MyTV.

OK, that explains that. In October, they should have the Dudebusters put people on teleporter pads to Syfy.

PeteRoseHaircut
May 17, 2008

Thank you, Toronto!
Wade Barrett still has his title shot, right?

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

Wade Barrett still has his title shot, right?

It was taken away from him indefinitely after the initial beatdown from Nexus. It will either be given back to him at a convenient time or forgotten forever.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The Goog posted:

It was taken away from him indefinitely after the initial beatdown from Nexus.

It was given back the week after by Vince McMahon before he was packraped by The Nexus, and following that the Anonymous GM made a ruling that as punishment for Nexus actions, Barrett would have his title shot deferred until a "later date".

So he still has it, but they now don't have any kind of date set on it to expire by or a reason for people to say,"Why doesn't Wade just take his title shot?"

Curtis of Nigeria
Jan 9, 2009
On the David Hasselhoff roast, Hogan was introduced with REAL AMERICAN as his music. Does WWE own that song or does Hogan?

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Curtis of Nigeria posted:

On the David Hasselhoff roast, Hogan was introduced with REAL AMERICAN as his music. Does WWE own that song or does Hogan?

Other bands can cover it pretty close to the original if he doesn't own it.

ultimateforce
Apr 25, 2008

SKINNY JEANS CANT HOLD BACK THIS ARC
How come ECW got away with using real music on TV and TNA can't?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

ultimateforce posted:

How come ECW got away with using real music on TV and TNA can't?

Heyman had contacts in the music industry, and after awhile started using covers rather than the original songs.

Rankine Over Gash
Feb 18, 2010

We had our meetings in a room with a bar and Brian Clough said to me "Millsy, get the beers in and get yourself a Guinness". I told him I didn't drink. He said "Get yourself a fucking Guinness" so I did. I drank it, pulled a face and then he named me in the team. I never said no again.

Bearnt! posted:

From what I've found he most likely debuted it at the '94 King of the Ring. On the May 30th 1994 episode of RAW he didn't have the screech which was his final appearance on TV that I can find before the June 19th KOTR. I don't have any SuperStars tapes I can check but I'm guessing '94 KOTR is a safe bet.

Guitar screech was KOTR 94. Neidhart got his old music which confused a seven year old me watching Superstars every other week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MassRayPer posted:

Heyman had contacts in the music industry, and after awhile started using covers rather than the original songs.

I figured it was just another case of "gently caress it, no one is going to sue us because we're basically an indy fed" where they just played the music and didn't ask permission or pay for it.

I'm surprised Heyman was legit with the music.