Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

InfinEight posted:

I've had a lot of payment offers if I would make instructions for my rex, but I kinda feel the same. I'd rather share instructions freely when possible.

I really, really, really want to go to one of these gatherings sometime just to wander around and appreciate it all. At the same time, it would be hard to not imagine just grabbing random MOCs and playing with them.

You should take your Ragnarok or whatever it is, the big white ship in your avatar(or any of the evolutions) and your Rex to a Lego con. People would eat that poo poo up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

Captain Invictus posted:

You should take your Ragnarok or whatever it is, the big white ship in your avatar(or any of the evolutions) and your Rex to a Lego con. People would eat that poo poo up.

Believe me I'd love to, but I'm too far away for an affordable vacation to any of them :sigh:

Slashie
Mar 24, 2007

by Fistgrrl
You have really got to click and see what these guys are building:

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

My last group of pictures.

Maersk Warehouse in Modulex. Never heard of that before.

Nice big ship.

I really like how these wings were made.

Not as detailed as most things I liked but this had its own appeal.

Huge goddamn cranes and wind turbine.

I love space cargo. We've had some nice models in this theme posted in the old threads (who was that?) and something about the theme just tickles my fancy.

Awesome shuttle, probably to-scale or close.

Great garden with clever chickens.

Jungle tank battle

Detail of tank emplacement.

I have a handful more that didn't make the cut but if anyone wants something specific I can check and see if I got it.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

All was going well on the set of Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings 4: Return of the Mack, until rogue actor Orange Transparent Plastic Chainsaw Man and his outdated spaceman accomplice stormed the scene.

This was really just a throw together excuse to showcase that camera truck I finished over there, complete with rotating and oscillating camera nest and a compartment in the back for spare tapes, lights and sets of legs.

All this came from my archaic collection of garage LEGOS, which explains why you'll remember some of those figurines from as far back as 1981.

E: also, a big thanks to Baruch Obamawitz for pasting instructions for the lift, that really set my whole idea in motion.

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Aug 15, 2010

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

Wow, threads' been dead for a few days. Ought ten, thanks for the pictures, there was some really great stuff there.

I've spent way too much time today fiddling with generic forklift designs, and ended up with this remote-controlled unit:

Unfortunately all I've concluded is that I can't make a forklift heavy enough to actually lift stuff, be compact, AND be able to get items up the ramp without something scraping. Oh well, it's fun to tinker with little things sometimes.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Its actually pretty rare to see a forklift inside a modern airplane, let alone a future spaceship. Maybe make a Tunner loader? It has a rollerized platform so you can shove around cargo pallets and lock it into place on the floor of your ship.

Website!
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/equip/tunner.htm

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
My parents are visiting me this weekend, and they just told me they kept all my legos from when I was a kid. loving score!

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

djfooboo posted:

Its actually pretty rare to see a forklift inside a modern airplane, let alone a future spaceship. Maybe make a Tunner loader? It has a rollerized platform so you can shove around cargo pallets and lock it into place on the floor of your ship.

Website!
http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/equip/tunner.htm

That's pretty drat cool, I don't think I've ever seen those before. If I get desperate I might try something similar, but I have a semi-good reason for trying a forklift first. I pictured this cargo ship as a replacement for semi-trucks and trains (especially on planets without established transport systems), and at my work, they're always using forklifts to unload the trailers. Then again, the trailers are backed up against docks.

So I got three options: mock up a dock, find a way to extend the ramp, or make some sort of mobile ramp/conveyor belt like airports use (something like a Tunner).

Mascot
Feb 10, 2010
Here's a look at the completed mural from Star Wars Celebration V.

Totally worth taking the 5 minutes to assemble an 8x8 plate for the mural in exchange for a white Boba Fett :)

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Mascot posted:

Here's a look at the completed mural from Star Wars Celebration V.

Totally worth taking the 5 minutes to assemble an 8x8 plate for the mural in exchange for a white Boba Fett :)

I saw the images of that Fett, you are a lucky man-child.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
If you're looking for a good way to spend $30, I'd definitely recommend the Harry Potter Game. Over 300 pieces. Really awesome pieces. It has a rare 6 x 6 tile in gray and 4 clear minifig heads for lights. Here's a couple other highlights:

TONS of 2 x 2 jumpers:

2 x 2 L-panel corners. A piece unique to this set:

There's also a new mold for the 8 x 16 tile (the set has 4). Look at this craziness:

The games in general are good buys. Lots of tiles and other parts in odd colors. Many of the sets also have this insanely useful new piece:

Right now it's unique to the games, and it's possible that it will stay that way. So check them out if you get a chance. The little $10 robot game is pretty good, too.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Just got the Green Grocer set the other day. It's a nice build so far, lots of interesting details. As I move onto the second floor, I've learned my lesson from the first floor and am now going to sort by colour. At first I was going "Hah, sorting! Sifting through pieces is half the fun!". Cut to 3 hours later and I'm yelling "gently caress YOU LEGOOOOOOOO! Where the gently caress are you 1x1 Dark Grey Smooth-Top, WHERE THE gently caress ARE YOU!!!".

That, and I seem to have a reoccurring habit of going "Where is that fourth loving piece.... WHERE THE gently caress ARohwaitIonlyneededthree....."

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Ought ten, those convention pictures are awesome.

Shuppiluliumas posted:

The games in general are good buys. Lots of tiles and other parts in odd colors. Many of the sets also have this insanely useful new piece:

Right now it's unique to the games, and it's possible that it will stay that way. So check them out if you get a chance. The little $10 robot game is pretty good, too.

Is that a hollow single stud? AT LAST!?

My sister was cleaning out her room and gave me her mid-size box full of Star Wars sets and a bunch of plain bricks from one of those Creator tubs you can buy. Including one of those Darth Vaders that light up when you press their head. SCORE!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Zonko_T.M. posted:

All I can see in my head is a bunch of those stacked on top of each other on one of those old thick antennae about 10 studs tall that used to be on all the Space sets. If you put anything down on them, like, say, those 1x1 cone-pieces, they would never, ever, ever separate. :ohdear:

Dame Cook
Aug 6, 2006

by I Ozma Myself

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Yes, but only in white as far as I know. There are two of them as the spider's eyes in the Monster 4 game. I really want one in black to use as a lens on a minifig camera.

sam.freak
Nov 21, 2004

That's it baby just a bit to the left. Perfect. Now show us your tits.
I see a white piece and I want it painted black...

Does anyone have any more tips on pickung up the Lucha Libre guy from the current minifig collection? There's only so many crash test dummies you can need.

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

sam.freak posted:

I see a white piece and I want it painted black...

Does anyone have any more tips on pickung up the Lucha Libre guy from the current minifig collection? There's only so many crash test dummies you can need.

Bricklink.
They go for like 4 bucks but it's worth it.

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Check urban outfitters and take a barcode sheet with you. I found one that had the gen 1 mini figs 2 weeks ago, although they are over pricing them as $5, but compare that to the shipping you would need to pay on bricklink. If you want 1-2 figures, the $5 would probably be cheaper.

Mine GO BOOM
Apr 18, 2002
If it isn't broken, fix it till it is.
Have the series 2 made it to the US yet? I've been checking my local TRU and have not heard anything from them.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Mine GO BOOM posted:

Have the series 2 made it to the US yet? I've been checking my local TRU and have not heard anything from them.

I think someone in this thread mentioned, or I read somewhere else, that US Lego stores are getting them in November, which usually means mid-late October for TRU and some other locations.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Pyroclastic posted:

I think someone in this thread mentioned, or I read somewhere else, that US Lego stores are getting them in November, which usually means mid-late October for TRU and some other locations.

I actually spoke to one of the guys at the Lego Store today, and apparently they heard "early September" from on high. They don't have an exact date though. If it's true, I'd start looking in TRU for them soon. They'll put them out as soon as they get them.

sam.freak
Nov 21, 2004

That's it baby just a bit to the left. Perfect. Now show us your tits.
I have a lego end user catalogue here that says "september" for series 2. Series 1 is all over the place here (Europe, Austria).

e: I think I need more zombies. They're easy to find.

sam.freak fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Aug 17, 2010

Really Big Shoe
Sep 11, 2001

HEY HOW DID THIS SHOE GET ON MY LAP ITS SO BIG OH GOD SEND HELP
Yeah, as far as I know we get the Series 2 in September. We just officially launched all of the new Star Wars stuff, and I got to build the AT-AT and Clone Tank. They are both extremely awesome builds!

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

sam.freak posted:

I have a lego end user catalogue here that says "september" for series 2. Series 1 is all over the place here (Europe, Austria).

e: I think I need more zombies. They're easy to find.

You always need more zombies.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Series 5 could be nothing but different zombies and they would sell like hotcakes.

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Don't give me ideas like that. Now I hate you for creating a dream and crushing it all at once.

Baggy_Brad
Jun 9, 2003

THUNDERDOME LOSER

djfooboo posted:

Series 5 could be nothing but different zombies and they would sell like hotcakes.

A zombie version of every fig from series 1

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Shuppiluliumas posted:

I actually spoke to one of the guys at the Lego Store today, and apparently they heard "early September" from on high. They don't have an exact date though. If it's true, I'd start looking in TRU for them soon. They'll put them out as soon as they get them.

My store was told September 12th-ish. I say "ish" because Lego kinda sucks at shipping to us.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Baggy_Brad posted:

A zombie version of every fig from series 1

And the zombie would be a normal guy.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!

Captain Invictus posted:

And the zombie would be a normal guy.

Bruce Campbell.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Time Cowboy posted:

Bruce Campbell.

He said normal, not extraordinary :v:

Whiskey
Feb 8, 2004

Back with another one of those block rockin' BEATS

Slashie posted:

You have really got to click and see what these guys are building:

OK... I'm officially freaked out :)

I just saw the huge crawler in person this afternoon at the Surrey Museum... very cool.

Crane
Jun 10, 2004

:chord:

Zonko_T.M. posted:

Well I don't like to be called hollow.

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.
I just made my first bricklink order, weee. I couldnt find 10x10 plates or bigger. Do those not exist?

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Otterspace posted:

I just made my first bricklink order, weee. I couldnt find 10x10 plates or bigger. Do those not exist?

Welcome to the addicts' club. As for plates, 8 x 8 is the largest square. 6 x 24 is the longest 1-plate-thick plate. There are longer plates that are double thick that are used for train car bases as well.

Otterspace
Jul 13, 2006

This is not a good idea.
Hmm ok, well I bought a 12x12 clear baseplate as an alternative. It just always has to be on the bottom, which is fine.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006
It's official: Minifigs Series 2 have begun to appear in U.S. TRUs. Haven't seen them here in PA yet, but I'll be sure to let you know when I do.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
As soon as any of you find it, post a UPC key. The key for the first series was a godsend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Red posted:

As soon as any of you find it, post a UPC key. The key for the first series was a godsend.

Here's a flickr link for one:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/savatheaggie/4903956694/